Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Vannili
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
The body odor in the armpit or genitalia is bacteria. Sometimes on what we eat that comes the smell of our body. Once I have a co workers that ate kimchie,dried fish and fermented fish the odor on her sewing area is a killer.
 moraima
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)
Posted: 2/11/2009 12:00:57 PM
A sweaty person want someone to dance with them and gets all offended people the other person says no.

When someone suggests that we get together for a meet and greet on their way home from work, I know there is no point meet up with them.

I think it is highly disrespectful to the other person to expect them to be intimate if the person isn't clean.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 12:42:38 PM
Oh my goodness! This thread has me wanting to toss some cookies!!
Nards, azz an all that good stuff. Blahhhh!!!!

Reminds me one time my ex said that being poor was good reason to be unclean. I replied that soap and water were not a luxury of the rich! Clean is caring about oneself and others that you happen to be in the company of. If you are unable to care for yourself, how in tarnation could you care for anyone else??
 moraima
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 2:56:20 PM
Lets face it, we all meet people fairly frequently that stink of bo from 4' away. They didn't get that stinky overnight. That means they regularly go without washing for long periods, and often someone actually sleeps with them.............ew!
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 30
Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)- Brownlady1953
Posted: 2/11/2009 3:33:53 PM
I have seen people who weren't very clean contract MRSA, and flesh-eating bacteria, and I tell you, it's ugly!

I know what you mean, Professora......bless you, too!
 moraima
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)- Brownlady1953
Posted: 2/11/2009 5:57:04 PM
"You have obviously never lived in a poor country where working people can't afford "

Well I have lived in a third world country, and they showered at least 2 x's a day, 3 if necessary. For their own comfort and the comfort of those around them.

"What about normal hygiene?" I am talking about normal hygiene.

"they wouldn't dream about having sex without showering immediately before the "dirty act". I claim that those of you who are that hung up about making love are simply hung up and are not that sexual. "

Just because we prefer to be clean when intimate says that we respect intimacy and don't consider it a "dirty act." "Not that sexual" to me means not caring enough to shower.

I guess (?) if people are brought up in a home where people shower infrequently, they may think that is normal.

Normal to me is what makes me comfortable, and comfort means feeling clean and appreciating the same in my partner.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 8:03:41 PM
That's the thing of it, Ms. Brooker, and what happens in many of the threads in the PoF forums. Arguments bounce back and forth from one extreme to another.

Agreed.

Here, those extremes are running to the shower the minute you kiss to not bathing for days, where the logical thing seems to be somewhere in the middle.

Well, this part I have to disagree with somewhat. The OPost was about going to bed without showering prior. Even if the person typically showers in the morning, OP feels it 'dirty' (and refuses) to have sex if they don't take a second shower that day immediately prior to going to bed.

IMO, the scenario started out on an extreme situation. True though, it's definitely gone all the way to the end of the other extreme.

~ds~
 moraima
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 8:23:17 PM
" have to wonder about the amount of spontaneity in some folks' sex lives'

Well, I don't feel sensual when I know I am in need of a shower. However, I feel fabulous when I come out of the shower and that makes me like of being sensual.

Let's get real here. If people are in a relationship, they have some idea of a when intimacy will be part of the relationship that day. How hard is it to shower reasonable often.
 CompletelyDone
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/12/2009 2:13:19 AM
I'm pretty fussy about this stuff but I like to think that my partner would have regular grooming habits that keep him clean and fresh-smelling in line with the type of work he does... When this is the case, sudden impromptu lovemaking isn't an issue.

I was quite smitten at one time with a man who later advised me that he couldn't use soap. I bought him some non-soap soap but he was already in the habit of thinking a shower was only him standing under the water. It left me wondering how I was going to tell him that he smelled "sour" to me and I hope to NEVER be in THAT position again! It hung up my "freedom to roam" in a serious way...

As for my own grooming, a bath a day and a sponge bath (at least) before bed is a must! It just makes me feel sexier.
 dustyknight
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/12/2009 5:55:44 AM
Ok same goes for the woman..you pick her up at 8:00, do dinner,maybe a show..at 12:00 you are making out..so..you stop this and both go shower for sex? That isn't going to work in any world that I'm aware of. So the stop and run into the cornfield with a blanket for some spontaneous is out of the question without showering first?
I'm sorry i don't care for planned sex sessions and if showering and preparing were the only option then I'd pass. how boring a sex life you must have OP.

Ok in my defense..always after lovemaking I would shower to be fresh in the case we'd do it again in a short time. A wise woman once said to me as I got up to shower..Do you think I'm dirty? I thought for a minute and said..ofcourse not..She replied..then why shower now...I might like the taste of us for the next lovemaking.. I will say this took me as a total surprise. I assumed I was doing the correct thing to be "clean". Since this occurred I'm made it a point to ask potential lovers their thoughts..and all but one agreed with the woman about no shower until we are totally finished.

Now, the OP has totally confused what I thought women actually wanted but shame on me for thinking women actually know what they want! lol Some want this, some want that..unless you communicate how would you ever know?
 moraima
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 10:35:34 AM
"Like once a week on Saturday? Bedtime only?"

I think possibly you are the one who if thinking past your assumption.

Sex several times a day seem rather normal to me. Therefore showering often is important to me. I know our plans that aren't sexual ones, so I have some idea when we will be able to take a break for intimacy.

Great sex can and is part of everyday life, and for me cleanliness is a big part of it.
 *buzz*
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 12:24:47 PM
Ahhh ... definitely clean as a new pin unless we find ourselves in monkey territory
 Rythmn
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 2:13:51 PM
well, it depends upon how much you each "smell". everyone is different. as women get older and no longer have periods, they smell less and often sweat less. it depends upon your body, your job, your climate, if your office is air condtioned, if you are "hairy" et al. here it is very dry. in florida, i had to shower twice a day as it was quite steamy!

some people ALWAYS keep their "private parts" clean just like washing your hands regularly, whether before sex or before work! in fact, i am convinced that they have those low bathroom sinks as a private service to the men. just dip and wash! haven't you also noticed the remarketing of the baby wipe? one of my male friends, buys those in bulk from costco, so it's no longer a "feminine" wipe either. and for those with dry skin, now packed with no perfumes and lots of aloe. in fact, i have to put a sign by the bathroom door to "not" flush them down the toilet! we were raised with the concept of jewish sponge baths. as i grew up, i found out all ethnic groups had their sponge baths. see, the above posts all agree. in the very least, crotch and pits. for some, add the feet!

yes, a person who stinks is a real turnoff. only happened to me once, and just the thought makes me cringe. i'm all for unplanned passion, but please do be prepared beforehand!
 moraima
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 2:21:44 PM
"disguised self-promotion "..............now that is funny
 strollinbella
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/12/2009 2:29:38 PM
I would not be intimate with someone who hadn't at least washed. Preferably showered, so why not do it together as part of the foreplay. There are those who suggest having a tub bath together, but unless it is a hot tub, there just isn't enough room, lol!

As someone who provides home care to seniors, which usually involves a sponge bath or shower as part of the daily routine, I can say without a doubt that a sponge bath isn't usually enough to get rid of body odors.
 dustyknight
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/12/2009 3:15:24 PM
my mom was european decent...I would guess none of you ever had a bar of soap stuck in your mouth as a kid for saying something innapropriate...
I hate the taste of soap,,yuk...my ex took 3 showers a day..she constantly tasted like soap..and yes all over...it surely was a turnoff..
onetime we made love while she was working out..yes my idea..she didn't talk to me for 3 days after that..but she didn't taste like soap!
Just because you take showers/baths doesn't assure you are clean..just that you went under the water...
 justdenny
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/12/2009 3:16:52 PM
An "unbathed quicky" mostly a lot of fun. If the quicky involved oral sex, it could be a problem. But , then again, having a hard-driving, good old fashion sweaty, down and dirty, ininhibited, no holds bared sex session can be fun too. But, for the most part, there's nothing like a sensual partner that is squeaky clean and tasty everywhere.
 Rythmn
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 7:24:15 PM
nope, just a wipe!
 moraima
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 8:26:50 PM
"what about sex on the run? in the car, or under a tree in a park,"

Did they shower before they left the house?
 phish56
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:02:40 PM
I am Absolutely about cleanliness, and don't enjoy someone who is not at least Trying to maintain some hygiene... On the other hand, I LOVE oral, and have few if any limits there... I have been involved w/health care and health physics most of my life, and so also have an appreciation for "staying healthy", not transferring any more nasty germs to places they're not supposed to be... but in the heat of the moment I want unbridled Passion.... so, does it sound a bit like a dichotomy??? :) maybe, but thorough ignoring of either end of the spectrum gets a "Go To Jail, Do Not Pass Go" card~!~!
 phish56
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:05:29 PM
I use those "baby wipes" quite regularly, and No they don't go down the toilet~!~! I liked your post, I'm right there w/the "yes, a person who stinks is a real turnoff. only happened to me once, and just the thought makes me cringe. i'm all for unplanned passion, but please do be prepared beforehand!".... been there, done That~!~! ugh!!! :)
 Rythmn
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2009 9:19:19 PM
in this economy, wipes have multiple purposes. also good for taking off makeup and my grandson likes them as long as not too "cold". also, they are not only good for "baby poop" but you can make a little tent and redirect getting pee'd in your face. he almost got my indigenous painting that i cherish so much.

now, with an adult male, not sure it would work past the basic sponging. but, they may have those throw away diapers for the tent! i mean you did say it might be in a car and there are other bodily functions that may also need tending.

oh dear, i'm destroying my online image. please excuse me, i am going stir crazy with this laryngitis. but now you know what kind of humor my real life friends have to put up with!
 dustyknight
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/13/2009 7:59:51 AM
as long as you bathe daily..you aren't "dirty".
are we now going to debate what is filth and dirty?
we can start with the "natural" woman. What does your hair smell like after a shower? the shampoo scent you used.. but what about the "natural" woman? you do sweat more in certain areas..and odor does imbed in hair follicles..all kinds of cooties can hide in the black forest of love..lol
Goes for men too..trimmed and clean is always best for me.
So what exactly is dirty? someone who doesn't bathe daily would have a accumilation of body oils, body fluids, dead skin cells..
If you bathe 3x a day are you clean? ..not necessarily..you are only clean for the first 3 seconds out of the shower..then bacteria from the moisture/heat mix starts..
it's like requiring an aids test before sex..the test is only good until the person has sex once again..and if you aren't with them 24/7 how would you know if they did or didn't..
this debate is senseless since each person and products they use or don't use is so varied.
"If it smells like fish run like hell!
it's so sad we have come down to this on a dating site..it truly is..makes me just want to stop dating altogether..
 ron62449
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/13/2009 9:03:39 AM
OK, you take a shower in the morning. You and your S/O go hiking or a haed bike ride in hot weather. Then you get hot for each other. Are you going to stop and take a shower?

Ron
 strollinbella
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/13/2009 1:01:24 PM
And, no matter how clean you may want to be, lol.....toothpaste is meant for the mouth, not one's most intimate body parts. Years ago a good friend told me of the agony her then husband went through when they decided to try mint toothpaste as a lubricant. O U C H !!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)