Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 transcend
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Normal flora varies from person to person. Proper showering or bathing reduces the count appreciably.. what I want to share is not a potential infection.. I consider cleanliness to be a part of respecting and caring for my partner and expect the same in return. I have extremely developed senses ( sense of smell testing just short of the level needed to become a perfumer) ,My libido never drives me past what my senses tell me is safe..I think that ( and certainly a little luck) has a lot to do with never contracting any STD , despite being a musician in the 60's and 6 months living on an open commune in the 70's.. I listened to older and wiser family members .. two quotes still resonate..
"look everything over first..if it doesnt look or smell right, Stop..Dr's can rebuild your face but you only get one d1ck"
"Cleanliness is next to my Body"

Thats still good advice 40 years later
 dbiggs69
Msg: 77
Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)
Posted: 9/27/2013 8:05:18 AM
I had a woman over to the house one night and just before we were about to get intimate the strong odor of fish overwhelmed me! I was so turned off I told her to leave! Fish are suppose to swim not walk!
 gtomustang
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/27/2013 9:38:28 AM
1) some people love phermones.

2)being too antiseptic can cause health problems for some people, due to a lack of "vaccine effect". in other words, some of us have lived this long eating birthday cakes covered in expectorant spray from the person blowing out candles, germs picked up from doorhandles and phones, et cetera b/c we've picked up other people's "stuff" and created a stronger immunity as a result.

3) some people have health issues with their skin or weak immune system. while the rest of us can swim in a lake and still live after injesting other peoples' saliva, fecal matter, etc, they need to really keep track of what contacts them.

to which, as others have posted, I recommend finding how much fun it is to save water (by showering with a friend).

4)my second LDR would spend her saturdays running around w/ me,and camp at night...which would lead to quite a metallic odor down south. But I have ten fingers, so one of them was able to do what my tongue and nose weren't suddenly interested in doing.

5)when you have good sex...you tend to focus on the sex :) after a few hours, the sheets are sticking to her legs. maybe she's drawn blood from your back with her nails. hair is a mess.

the fact that sex is messy, doesn't ruin the mood for me. but if a partner wanted to use it as an excuse to get slippery in the shower, hot water running over us as her palms are on the tile and i'm up against her slippery back holding on...well, hey, that's good too :)
 lookinfouryoutoo
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2013 11:32:45 PM
I think most of the people in this thread are either full of crap, or don't get laid so often. Do you people always plan sex or what? If your date stays the night, you obviously can't have sex when you first wake up because they aren't freshly showered? Bogus.

When my GF stays the night with me, I bang her brains out before we pass out in my bed, then wake up in the morning and have sex first thing...no shower required. I'd really like to know what kind of "man" is going to tell a woman who grabs his morning wood in her hand that she needs to shower before they have sex.
 Ukulelord
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2013 8:52:41 AM
I feel like the kind of people who are saying that you need to shower EVERY time you have sex are the people who are dating blue collar workers. I don't know anyone in my friends group who requires a full bath beforehand. We all prefer things to be spontaneous and there's honestly nothing we do during the day that makes us gross and sweaty. Now my brother is a construction worker, and he's a complete mess when he comes home from work, but he showers AFTER work each day rather than before, and his wife never asks him to shower again before bed later.

Sounds like a germophobic problem to me.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/30/2013 10:33:13 AM
In the words of the late great Redd Foxx

"you got to wash ur ass not ur whole ass but ur a sshole"

regardless of the place..or time of day..an getting sexual

if the man smells like butt nutts an cheese hell naw!!

some men dont think they can smell bad just because they dont have a vagina oh yes you can balls an ass an a dirty penis mixed together with sweating an no baths uncircumcised men especially if they dont clean under the skin creates smegma.

if the female smells like rotten tuna hell naw!!

they gets no love

if the person in question smells like that mixture its time to go wash ya ass!!
its way past time to go wash ya ass,up there tryna be sexy an smelling like bootyhole

mood killer suddenly getting a whiff of fresh P funk is the same face an nose reaction
as somebody who accidently stepped in dog s hit an makes an uh ohhh what was that looks down gets a whiff an cringes ewww..
 whippedboi
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/1/2013 9:45:05 AM
I wonder how our forebears, the pilgrims, or cave-people, ever procreated?

do you think they bathed more than once a month, if lucky?
 tatersprout
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/2/2013 12:22:15 AM
I'm not taking 2-3 showers a day unless I've been working out or physically exerting myself. Never been in a relationship where either of us did this obsessive showering and never ran into these smelling problems people are talking about. Really, you don't need to do more than freshen up and I've always had a box of baby wipes in every bathroom.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2013 12:40:00 PM
^^^^I don't think it's a matter of how many times you shower a day, but more when you shower. No way my face is heading south on a woman that thinks her morning shower has her covered for midnight sex...handy wipes or not! It's just too damn simple to shower before bedtime, and rinse off together afterward. I think you are far less inhibited when you know you are clean and fresh.....besides, who am I concerned more about offending, some jerk off co-workers or my spouse? A shower rinse after the sex shouldn't have your co-workers holding their nose the next morning anyway....if they do, you better get your water quality checked or see a doctor.LOL
 lookinfouryoutoo
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2013 2:54:36 PM

I'm not taking 2-3 showers a day unless I've been working out or physically exerting myself. Never been in a relationship where either of us did this obsessive showering and never ran into these smelling problems people are talking about. Really, you don't need to do more than freshen up and I've always had a box of baby wipes in every bathroom.

Exactly my point. When some of these people post it reminds me of the scene in 40 Year Old Virgin where he is describing a woman's breasts by saying they feel like a bag of sand. Everyone then knew he had never really felt them before.
 tatersprout
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/2/2013 6:14:32 PM
^^^ haha
How many hours or minutes is it before this pre sex shower expires in freshness and you have to take a new one? Then you all are hopping back out of bed for the post sex shower, and then there is the before work shower too, right? Do you do this ritual every day whether there will be sex or not (don't want to be caught unprepared) or do you discuss early in the day whether you will be sexing so you can take the required amount of showers at the proper times?
Are you sure that you don't need either better shower habits or a round of antibiotics for that growing funk instead?
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2013 2:24:11 AM
^^^^Well, I don't have to sleep with you....so you do it you do it your way, and I'll stick to my shower before bed time. LOL I couldn't sleep good crawling between clean sheets with a days funk on my body whether I'm having sex or not....and if I do, great...I'll be clean and ready. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that don't sweat or get funky sleeping for seven hours. After a morning face wash and teeth brushing, I'm ready to face the day....and if I'm still not fresh enough for co-workers.....they can kiss my azz....I'll be damned if I'm going to be fresher for a bunch of work jerks than I am for my lover.LOL
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2013 12:38:33 PM
^^^^^Boy am I sold!....do I have to come to one of those hen parties, or can I order direct? I'll take a dozen bars of that dead sea soap, 6 jars of swamp mud face cream, and how about a half gallon of that chicken poop body lotion.....where do I send the check? LOL
 gtomustang
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/4/2013 10:56:02 AM
of course, taking a shower and then jumping right back into those sticky wet sheets defeats the purpose...do those and the pillowcase get changed, too? does the Febreeze come out? :)

there's a middle ground. but then, I live up north--we get a few months of humidity, and a few months of single digit weather. No sweating then (didja know much of sweat's ingredients are found in urine? hey let's get grossed out over everything that didn't bother us before). if i lived down in "sweat all the time" south, maybe I'd have a different view.

I don't need to kiss a girl after she's chowed down on cinnamon hearts ,but I'd prefer not to enjoy her breath reeking of sinus drip, garlic, and onions. there's a middle ground. sometimes you overlook one imperfect part of a lover b/c the rest of what she's doing is so good.
 April1963
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/4/2013 8:59:01 PM

A male friend told me that he and his wife of 20 years, bath in the morning and NOT at night..
I asked if they were sexual and he said "of course, including oral sex".
A full day usually includes physical activities, and using the commode. This sounds horrible to me.

^^This sounds stinky to me....lol

I have always had the habit of bathing before having sex and only washing my vagina after,Just to avoid any infection due to semen.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2013 5:49:38 AM
If you just jumped out of the shower before, then where is that human lovers smell?

I dont want to smell Irish Spring.

Not implying after a hard day on the chain gang though, just don't wash off all of your sexy until you squeak.

1) some people love phermones

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 April1963
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/5/2013 11:45:43 AM
Hmmmmmmm.I was wondering why so many men on Pof commented about the women bad odor down there, and for this reason they do not like to do oral sex.

MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/8/2013 10:49:38 AM
Call me crazy but I will take up to two showers a day, I prefer to be freshly showered if with someone before getting hot and heavy....Never had a problem with a man not showering before either. However I have had camping sex before where you couldn't exactly shower....maybe a dip in the river, was still hot tho.
 sigungq
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2013 11:43:29 AM
OP, I can't speak for others, but personally, a woman should WANT to be freshly bathed before getting into bed, and as for me, I am almost obsessive/compulsive about my personal hygiene. I'm ALWAYS washing / showering etc. But that's just me, and MHO.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/8/2013 2:27:08 PM
All this talk of showers and baths makes it sound like you all only have completely planned out sex! How about a little spontaneity? Not saying hopping into bed right after a day of hard labour or straight from the gym, but gawd, don't you shower as part of getting ready to go out on a date? I shower before work in the morning and either at the gym or when I get home if I am riding, I'll be damned if I am going to shower a 3rd time, my skin would be like leather!
 gtomustang
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/8/2013 4:07:03 PM
not everyone is located in the sweaty south :) Half the year up north, you can wear longjohns and a sweater and still not sweat in 30 degree weather. Of course, its nice to be lily fresh before bed, but after that first spurt of fluid...that's gone. As for using the commode, the ingredients of that fluid are found in your sweat. Your body doesn't have five different fluid tanks it pulls all the different fluids of your body from to keep everything separate.

If someone's worried about being lily-fresh, fine...pull me into the shower. As long as you have those wonderful anti-slip things on the floor, getting lathered up by an experienced partner is quite fun. foreplay, even :)
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/12/2014 3:46:50 AM
NEVER have I been to bed with a woman without showering or even a date for that matter....can tell ya some stories bout the reverse tho...kinda discusting and unbeleiveable in this day and age.....lol
 nyceguy85
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/12/2014 9:06:53 AM
IF I AM WITH A WOMAN, SHE MUST WASH THE AREA THAT HER UNDERWEAR COVERS THOROUGHLY BEFORE ENGAGING IN SEX LESS THAN ONE HOUR BEFOREHAND!!! Very simple. If she feels ashamed to wash before sex, I will help her wash. I will be damned if the bedroom smells like Captain D's takeout because she didnt wash.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/12/2014 4:20:47 PM
In the words of the late great Redd Foxx ladies an gentlemen

You got to wash your a ss not the whole a ss but the a sshole
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/12/2014 5:28:40 PM

nyceguy85

IF I AM WITH A WOMAN, SHE MUST WASH THE AREA THAT HER UNDERWEAR COVERS THOROUGHLY BEFORE ENGAGING IN SEX LESS THAN ONE HOUR BEFOREHAND!!! Very simple. If she feels ashamed to wash before sex, I will help her wash. I will be damned if the bedroom smells like Captain D's takeout because she didnt wash.

UHH I hope you are also taking your own advice nobody wants a man who smells like butt nutts an cheese...

an based on some of your other postings on here you probably should change your name to narcissistic bitter guy..cause anit nothing nice flowing off that musical track..
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)