Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
^^^^I don't think it's a matter of how many times you shower a day, but more when you shower. No way my face is heading south on a woman that thinks her morning shower has her covered for midnight sex...handy wipes or not! It's just too damn simple to shower before bedtime, and rinse off together afterward. I think you are far less inhibited when you know you are clean and fresh.....besides, who am I concerned more about offending, some jerk off co-workers or my spouse? A shower rinse after the sex shouldn't have your co-workers holding their nose the next morning anyway....if they do, you better get your water quality checked or see a doctor.LOL
 lookinfouryoutoo
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)
Posted: 10/2/2013 2:54:36 PM

I'm not taking 2-3 showers a day unless I've been working out or physically exerting myself. Never been in a relationship where either of us did this obsessive showering and never ran into these smelling problems people are talking about. Really, you don't need to do more than freshen up and I've always had a box of baby wipes in every bathroom.

Exactly my point. When some of these people post it reminds me of the scene in 40 Year Old Virgin where he is describing a woman's breasts by saying they feel like a bag of sand. Everyone then knew he had never really felt them before.
 tatersprout
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/2/2013 6:14:32 PM
^^^ haha
How many hours or minutes is it before this pre sex shower expires in freshness and you have to take a new one? Then you all are hopping back out of bed for the post sex shower, and then there is the before work shower too, right? Do you do this ritual every day whether there will be sex or not (don't want to be caught unprepared) or do you discuss early in the day whether you will be sexing so you can take the required amount of showers at the proper times?
Are you sure that you don't need either better shower habits or a round of antibiotics for that growing funk instead?
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2013 2:24:11 AM
^^^^Well, I don't have to sleep with you....so you do it you do it your way, and I'll stick to my shower before bed time. LOL I couldn't sleep good crawling between clean sheets with a days funk on my body whether I'm having sex or not....and if I do, great...I'll be clean and ready. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that don't sweat or get funky sleeping for seven hours. After a morning face wash and teeth brushing, I'm ready to face the day....and if I'm still not fresh enough for co-workers.....they can kiss my azz....I'll be damned if I'm going to be fresher for a bunch of work jerks than I am for my lover.LOL
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2013 12:38:33 PM
^^^^^Boy am I sold!....do I have to come to one of those hen parties, or can I order direct? I'll take a dozen bars of that dead sea soap, 6 jars of swamp mud face cream, and how about a half gallon of that chicken poop body lotion.....where do I send the check? LOL
 gtomustang
Msg: 156
Posted: 10/4/2013 10:56:02 AM
of course, taking a shower and then jumping right back into those sticky wet sheets defeats the purpose...do those and the pillowcase get changed, too? does the Febreeze come out? :)

there's a middle ground. but then, I live up north--we get a few months of humidity, and a few months of single digit weather. No sweating then (didja know much of sweat's ingredients are found in urine? hey let's get grossed out over everything that didn't bother us before). if i lived down in "sweat all the time" south, maybe I'd have a different view.

I don't need to kiss a girl after she's chowed down on cinnamon hearts ,but I'd prefer not to enjoy her breath reeking of sinus drip, garlic, and onions. there's a middle ground. sometimes you overlook one imperfect part of a lover b/c the rest of what she's doing is so good.
 April1963
Msg: 157
Posted: 10/4/2013 8:59:01 PM

A male friend told me that he and his wife of 20 years, bath in the morning and NOT at night..
I asked if they were sexual and he said "of course, including oral sex".
A full day usually includes physical activities, and using the commode. This sounds horrible to me.

^^This sounds stinky to me....lol

I have always had the habit of bathing before having sex and only washing my vagina after,Just to avoid any infection due to semen.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2013 5:49:38 AM
If you just jumped out of the shower before, then where is that human lovers smell?

I dont want to smell Irish Spring.

Not implying after a hard day on the chain gang though, just don't wash off all of your sexy until you squeak.

1) some people love phermones

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 April1963
Msg: 159
Posted: 10/5/2013 11:45:43 AM
Hmmmmmmm.I was wondering why so many men on Pof commented about the women bad odor down there, and for this reason they do not like to do oral sex.

MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!
 sun_and_cinnamon
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/8/2013 10:49:38 AM
Call me crazy but I will take up to two showers a day, I prefer to be freshly showered if with someone before getting hot and heavy....Never had a problem with a man not showering before either. However I have had camping sex before where you couldn't exactly shower....maybe a dip in the river, was still hot tho.
 sigungq
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2013 11:43:29 AM
OP, I can't speak for others, but personally, a woman should WANT to be freshly bathed before getting into bed, and as for me, I am almost obsessive/compulsive about my personal hygiene. I'm ALWAYS washing / showering etc. But that's just me, and MHO.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/8/2013 2:27:08 PM
All this talk of showers and baths makes it sound like you all only have completely planned out sex! How about a little spontaneity? Not saying hopping into bed right after a day of hard labour or straight from the gym, but gawd, don't you shower as part of getting ready to go out on a date? I shower before work in the morning and either at the gym or when I get home if I am riding, I'll be damned if I am going to shower a 3rd time, my skin would be like leather!
 gtomustang
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/8/2013 4:07:03 PM
not everyone is located in the sweaty south :) Half the year up north, you can wear longjohns and a sweater and still not sweat in 30 degree weather. Of course, its nice to be lily fresh before bed, but after that first spurt of fluid...that's gone. As for using the commode, the ingredients of that fluid are found in your sweat. Your body doesn't have five different fluid tanks it pulls all the different fluids of your body from to keep everything separate.

If someone's worried about being lily-fresh, fine...pull me into the shower. As long as you have those wonderful anti-slip things on the floor, getting lathered up by an experienced partner is quite fun. foreplay, even :)
 wooweewoo13
Msg: 164
Posted: 2/12/2014 3:46:50 AM
NEVER have I been to bed with a woman without showering or even a date for that matter....can tell ya some stories bout the reverse tho...kinda discusting and unbeleiveable in this day and age.....lol
 nyceguy85
Msg: 165
Posted: 2/12/2014 9:06:53 AM
IF I AM WITH A WOMAN, SHE MUST WASH THE AREA THAT HER UNDERWEAR COVERS THOROUGHLY BEFORE ENGAGING IN SEX LESS THAN ONE HOUR BEFOREHAND!!! Very simple. If she feels ashamed to wash before sex, I will help her wash. I will be damned if the bedroom smells like Captain D's takeout because she didnt wash.
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 166
Posted: 2/12/2014 4:20:47 PM
In the words of the late great Redd Foxx ladies an gentlemen

You got to wash your a ss not the whole a ss but the a sshole
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 167
Posted: 2/12/2014 5:28:40 PM

nyceguy85

IF I AM WITH A WOMAN, SHE MUST WASH THE AREA THAT HER UNDERWEAR COVERS THOROUGHLY BEFORE ENGAGING IN SEX LESS THAN ONE HOUR BEFOREHAND!!! Very simple. If she feels ashamed to wash before sex, I will help her wash. I will be damned if the bedroom smells like Captain D's takeout because she didnt wash.

UHH I hope you are also taking your own advice nobody wants a man who smells like butt nutts an cheese...

an based on some of your other postings on here you probably should change your name to narcissistic bitter guy..cause anit nothing nice flowing off that musical track..
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2014 7:03:36 PM
I take two showers a day and lotions does help your skin from being dry. You should shower before sex.
 nyceguy85
Msg: 169
Posted: 2/13/2014 10:15:25 AM

UHH I hope you are also taking your own advice nobody wants a man who smells like butt nutts an cheese...

an based on some of your other postings on here you probably should change your name to narcissistic bitter guy..cause anit nothing nice flowing off that musical track..

Interesting. It seems as though any guy on here who does not worship the ground that every woman walks on and allows her to take his balls and put them in a jar is labeled as bitter. I have opinions and I dont sugar coat anything. If that makes me bitter than so be it. I rather be called bitter than a brown noser.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2014 3:50:12 AM
Bathing 5 minutes before sex seems a bit OCD, as you wash all the good smells away too.
If a man/womans natural smells (that are good) offend someone, thats abnormal to me.

If someone just got off from working a stinky job or has never used wet wipes..yeah wash something if you are going to have sex, but not a scrub head to toe.
You need a couple of hours to get the sexy human smell back over the Irish Spring.

Thats one of the reasons sex in the morning is so good..
 greatblah
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2014 3:41:13 PM
Pearls of sweat and saltwater on the nature girl I love so much. Her hair grows all over her sexy body. She doesn't care what society thinks. She's so fundamental, primordial and uncorrupted by society. She's the queen of cool. She won't waste time on elementary talk. Midnight swims in the cool black waves and her in my arms as it rolls away.
 OutMind
Msg: 172
Posted: 2/27/2014 8:11:36 AM

Bathing 5 minutes before sex seems a bit OCD, as you wash all the good smells away too.
If a man/womans natural smells (that are good) offend someone, thats abnormal to me.

Thank you, finally one person that thinks like me. My gf doesn't even like it for me to use cologne because it masks that unique smell that is the actual person. Now, that does not mean to stink, or the smell of sweating all day.

Thats one of the reasons sex in the morning is so good.

Love it.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2014 8:23:56 AM
Again, as so often, it comes down to personal preference.

As long as the couple agrees on what's sexy and what level of hygiene is desirable, it's all good.

Napoleon wrote to his wife: I'm coming home, don't wash, after months of warfare, and this was in the early 19th century, when people didn't wash all that often, in the first place.

I love the way my guy smells and feels after the gym. It's fresh sweat, and his whole body feels strong and energized. I think he's so sexy that way.

And he loves the way I smell everywhere, whether I just had a shower or haven't had one since the morning. He says it's just a different experience, and they're both good.

A guy who felt you had to shower before sex, either one of us, would drive me crazy. That's just not how I feel about the human body. Nothing wrong with it, if you do, but not a match for me.
 Westernguy
Msg: 174
Posted: 2/27/2014 8:24:56 AM

Agreed , too much is too much but too little is very BLAND !

One of my fave natural scents is a woman's scalp, during doggy I like to put my face right in her hair in breathe in her wonderful natural scent ! MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Armpits are hit and miss, they're either the nice musky scent or that pungent sour scent.

I think most would agree that the rearend is better to be freshly washed if you intend on embarking because even then it maintains a musky scent but then it's tolerable and even enjoyable once accustomed to it .

Westernguy
 OutMind
Msg: 175
Posted: 2/27/2014 8:37:03 AM

A guy who felt you had to shower before sex, either one of us, would drive me crazy. That's just not how I feel about the human body. Nothing wrong with it, if you do, but not a match for me.

I dated someone that had to take that shower and be super clean before jumping in the sack. It killed the sex and spontaneity and eventually the relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Hygiene and intimacy (sexual)