Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chameleonf
Msg: 467
Can you say....Page 17 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)

It was a LIST I was referring to...not anatomical issues peculiar to males. Get your minds outa the gutter

Hey, 'twasn't I in the gutter, I WAS referring to "short" as in stature...honest, just like irish is referring to potatoes of the vegetable variety! Gawd, some people, hey?! They just read too much into everything.

Pass the popcorn!
 chameleonf
Msg: 471
Can you say....
Posted: 2/26/2009 7:30:18 PM

Hey a bag of popcorn works as well as a patato....

Desease and deformity somehow come to mind now, as though a potato wasn't deformity enough....thanks!

I have to stay on topic so as not to be banned so....there is nothing whatsoever the matter with men over 40, nor under 40. Delicious creatures...yanno...like lobster. Will wait for A.S.is or someone else equally qualified to come up with why in one of their one liner sorta ways.
 PureLogic
Msg: 484
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 2/27/2009 6:05:54 AM
I'm not sure if we're still on topic here, but an easy solution would be to put an age limit on the men who message you. For example, go to your mail settings and select the ages you want/don't want. It should solve your problem.

However, if you just wanted an answer to your question, without a solution to the problem, it's because men over 40, just like any OTHER man, will write someone he's attracted to. It's that simple.
 chameleonf
Msg: 489
Well...as anticipated...
Posted: 2/27/2009 8:17:54 AM
Alright...I've run out of popcorn now and patience. I don't mind watching a few spats that go a little distance, nor being in any myself from time to time - let's just say that both of you have had the last word. The two of you have overstayed your sparring welcome. Go back to your corners and...well... stay there. Enough already, it's getting way old.
 ladyc4
Msg: 492
No...
Posted: 2/27/2009 9:31:27 AM
Cindy O,2. Keyboards/screens, 0.

The OP is a poopy head."

What? the squirrel pooped on her head? Sounds messy.

Says in your profile that you're separated. Wow...that's a surprise, poor girl probably had to get serious therapy for a while after living with you.

OK, now,Faith, meaning no disrespect, but that was uncalled for/out of line. "I can see why you are single"( separated,divorced) is an acceptable comment/retort/observation. But to publicly speculate about the ex's need for remedial mental health treatment is a bit much, IMO. Yes, I GET that he's beginning to piss you off, but lets leave people's exes out of it when it has nothing to do with the topic, which happens to be "what is wrong with men" ( or at least that's what it was when we began this exercise in futility!)
My answer would be that from where I sit, there is nothing wrong with men overall,generally speaking. Yes there are individuals and small groups who definitely have one thing or another "wrong" with them. But for the OP to take her personal distaste for being contacted by men over 40, and extrapolate that to a serious flaw shared by all men...well, let's call it an unfair generalization. Whether or not making that generalization constitutes "poopyheadedness" on the OPs' part, I wouldn't dare to speculate. I don't have enough current knowledge of the poopyhead condition, the latest research etc, to make an informed comment. I will have to defer to posters better versed in that subject.
Cindy O
 chameleonf
Msg: 501
What is Wrong with some Men and Some Women
Posted: 2/27/2009 10:48:21 AM
^^^^^ Note this subject line. Some men and some women just don't know when to give it a rest. It speaks volumes as to why people may have relationship problems of any kind, whether it be women with women friends, men with men friends, woman/man relationships, etc. I would suggest to both of you that, given the age you both are, you are stepping closer to falling into the same category (if not already there) of the OP....ie. Obnoxious Pissants. How about you start a new thread together on Pavlov's Theory to continue the childish behaviour. It's rather unbecoming at this stage and detracts from any possible valid points you have to make on the subject at hand or any we may find you in on any other thread. Going off topic to lighten a thread when it becomes incredibly redundant at page 20 something is one thing, but to show yourself in this light, especially if you are here in the hopes of attracting someone as a date/partner/friend isn't doing yourselves any favours. If you have relationship problems, re-read everything you both have posted. It's one thing to debate a point, but a pissing match for supremacy is an entirely different matter. The types of comments you both make are uncalled for and you should be ashmed of yourselves.
 god_of_rock
Msg: 504
I Love Dirty Old Men!
Posted: 2/27/2009 11:41:31 AM
^^

I see that quite a few of the 'older' people on this thread are doing a good job of proving that 'age' does not always equal 'emotional maturity'.

I recall 'debates' on this level back when I was in grade school..EARLY grade school... like grade 3 or 4..

"hah! you are, but what am I", etc.

referring to the fact that someone may be separated or divorced as 'evidence' that they are messed up..? really now..puh-lease!

I mean really, do try to grow up a little! must be millions of really messed up people by your so called 'logic' ? (using the term very loosely..)

POF requires someone to have attained the physical or chronological age of 18 to sue the site

too bad there's no way of requiring a commensurate level of emotional age/maturity

in my view, lonestarstar comes across as more mature than you do, faith6186..sorry to say.
 smsweendoggy
Msg: 506
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 2/27/2009 11:48:06 AM
What in the world are all these over aged perv's thinking anyways? Poor baby girl,lol.
 cw35
Msg: 510
view profile
History
I Love Dirty Old Men!
Posted: 2/27/2009 12:16:18 PM
God of Rock: Great post and very true in every respect.

Lonestar: Great post. You are mature beyond your years and the exact type of younger woman an older guy would love to meet. A lot of the older women on POF could take some lessons from you. Shame on you for encouraging us dirty, disgusting old men. lol.
 chameleonf
Msg: 511
I Love Dirty Old Men!
Posted: 2/27/2009 12:23:12 PM
The only flames coming your way, Mr. Potato Speedo Man are because you're a lil ....not these ones

Hi fives Lonestar as well!! You rule!

(P.S. My message #507 is directed at Faith and MyLifeAsMe - no one else)
 god_of_rock
Msg: 513
Healthy Old Goats ROCK!!!!!!!!!! !
Posted: 2/27/2009 12:37:25 PM
and I have to ask:

why is the label 'dirty old man' considered such a slur or put-down?

I was a dirty young man (well still am, I suppose, depending on your definition)

I fully intend to blossom into becoming a dirty middle-aged man

AND, eventually, a dirty old man!!

in the sense that I don't think I'll ever lose my appreciation for beautiful women

who is anyone to tell me I must restrict my appreciation to a certain age range?

does 'dirty' mean you are still interested in sex? I would take that as a sign of vitality and mental & physical wellness. the reverse would be a concern.

by the way I know there are many 'dirty young women' and dirty old women' around as well

good for them!!

posters, thanks for your comments above

I concur..lonestartstar rocks this place!

Vvvvvvvv

"healthy old goat"

haha Edsta thanks for that phrase..I like it..I think we should officially retire the phrase "D.O.M."
and replace it with "healthy old goat" !!

Vvvvvvv
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 520
Healthy Old Goats ROCK!!!!!!!!!! !
Posted: 2/27/2009 4:34:55 PM

and I have to ask:

why is the label 'dirty old man' considered such a slur or put-down?

It is a slur or a put-down because it is saying that a man is wanting to be with a woman that is young enough to be his daughter and that makes him a child molester.

I was a dirty young man (well still am, I suppose, depending on your definition)

I fully intend to blossom into becoming a dirty middle-aged man

AND, eventually, a dirty old man!!

Good to have goals in life. lol

in the sense that I don't think I'll ever lose my appreciation for beautiful women

who is anyone to tell me I must restrict my appreciation to a certain age range?

I think looking at your profile, you told yourself. You also have mail restrictions by age. Seems you have 23-35. So why would you have a problem with the op not wanting to hear from older men, when you do not want to hear from older women?

does 'dirty' mean you are still interested in sex? I would take that as a sign of vitality and mental & physical wellness. the reverse would be a concern.

I don't think so. Having an interest in sex means you are still alive.

Dude, my only real question for you, is why would a guy that looks like you need to be on a dating site? You must have women from 16 to 80 hitting on you on a daily basis.

Now to the OP, I would say they are writing you because they are interested in you. If you are not interested in them, don't write back. A very simple solution to a very simple problem.

Me, I don't worry so much about age. It all depends on the person.
 enginebuilder55
Msg: 521
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 2/27/2009 4:49:29 PM
These men want a younger women in their lives because the women in their age group are mature and intelligent. They think youger women are going to make their lives better. I agree with you on that they could be your father. That is why I don't date youger women for that reason. And what would your parents think about me dating you only to do the ( use know what I'm saying) . That is why you will never see me e-mailing younger women. I think they losing their minds when they go after youger women. I know my age group that tell me I should go for the younger women(Puke on my computer ). For me a women in my own age group is the only women to date. How can you talk about things when they happen decades apart. The type of music, dancing, and even technology.. I feel frutration about these men after you. Some men are just not growing up and face reality with their own lives.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 529
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 2/28/2009 6:24:51 AM
^^^ Or saving the country/planet/universe...
 moneyforyou
Msg: 536
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 2/28/2009 9:39:22 AM

It is a slur or a put-down because it is saying that a man is wanting to be with a woman that is young enough to be his daughter and that makes him a child molester.

no that would only be true IF the young woman in question IS a child

that is not true if she could be the age of his daughter, but is an ADULT..

can you grasp the difference?

a 24 year old woman is NOT a CHILD despite however much you might wish she would be forever child-like and dependent on YOUR good judgment to make decisions for her

she does not need your patronizing protection..

I'm sure glad you are not making the laws ..you would have 50- year old men jailed if they dated a 30 year old woman apparently? (she'd be young enough to be his daughter)

take up a real cause or find something real to worry about maybe..you must have too much time on your hands to worry so much about this non-issue
 dd3va
Msg: 541
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 2/28/2009 9:35:04 PM
Unless you use the mail restrictions, you will get mail from ages 18 to 88.
 radluv
Msg: 543
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 3/1/2009 9:41:48 AM
dunno hunny....everybody needs love
no matter what age they are....so try not to think of the age thing to much ...but on the flip side....Most females do want some one older and mature...it goes a long way...
unless your into the whole bad boy thing..
 DocElffington
Msg: 545
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 3/1/2009 4:24:57 PM

What is wrong with men?

Women, is what is wrong with men!

Other than that.............

Anna Nicole Smith proved that there are no limits other than personal limits!
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 549
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 3/6/2009 5:16:53 PM
i don't see why anyone should be made to feel that they should explain they're preferences. if you like older or if you like younger it's all your choice.
 junipermoon
Msg: 553
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 3/7/2009 5:13:30 AM

women get smarter, more assertive and independent as they get older- and much less needy. We therefore are harder to manipulate, we're on to crap really fast, and don't put up with it.

bull's eye!

and the men know this. they know that the women their own age have waaaaaaay too much on the ball to fall for their crap. so they have to go after whatever's left over.
 DocElffington
Msg: 555
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 3/8/2009 8:43:05 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok, that made me

Mebbe she's growing on me?
 junipermoon
Msg: 562
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 3/10/2009 4:40:58 PM

With all due respect, this is like saying, "Sorry, coach is all full. You'll have to settle for first class."

sorry...i've got the highest class seat there is. and it's very, very taken.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 566
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 3/10/2009 5:43:32 PM
everyone is different; just because you aren't into it does it mean the whole world must think like you do? seriously I dont get what you are saying; everyone is different;

You are 24 and I guess you think the way you are is the right way, but it's not about you; everyone has their own choices to make;

make yours and stop judging others for making theirs.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 569
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 3/10/2009 7:59:53 PM
A wonderful (and stunningly beautiful) woman messaged me, and informed me that expertise such as mine is missing from this thread.

So, the problem seems to be people arguing about age differences.

Personally, I don't see why age should be a problem.
People either connect, or they don't. It's about personality. Age is just a number. It doesn't decide who you are, or who you can click with.

Yes, having an age gap SOMETIMES makes it a little harder to connect on some social references. Music, fashion, dance, etc... changes. And dating someone 20 years older than you, might leave a big of a gap there.

But then, isn't the point of a relationship, to really get to know each other? Enrich each others lives. Learn the ins and outs of what makes you both tick.
You can teach each other the things you might not have much knowledge of.
Nobody is going to be an exact match. There will always be differences. And learning from them is part of being with someone.

I've dated people that I've had quite a large age gap with. And it's never hurt the relationship. Young or old, if their personality attracts me, that's what matters.
Yeah, we may not have connected on everything. Different tastes in some things, or life experiences. But we just used learning about those differences as a way to become even closer.
 barbee1970
Msg: 576
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 4/19/2009 11:04:19 PM
The other way around for me. I shag off a 24 yr old man at work. He got the message.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >