Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mthomjmark
Msg: 566
What is wrong with men?Page 25 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
everyone is different; just because you aren't into it does it mean the whole world must think like you do? seriously I dont get what you are saying; everyone is different;

You are 24 and I guess you think the way you are is the right way, but it's not about you; everyone has their own choices to make;

make yours and stop judging others for making theirs.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 569
view profile
History
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 3/10/2009 7:59:53 PM
A wonderful (and stunningly beautiful) woman messaged me, and informed me that expertise such as mine is missing from this thread.

So, the problem seems to be people arguing about age differences.

Personally, I don't see why age should be a problem.
People either connect, or they don't. It's about personality. Age is just a number. It doesn't decide who you are, or who you can click with.

Yes, having an age gap SOMETIMES makes it a little harder to connect on some social references. Music, fashion, dance, etc... changes. And dating someone 20 years older than you, might leave a big of a gap there.

But then, isn't the point of a relationship, to really get to know each other? Enrich each others lives. Learn the ins and outs of what makes you both tick.
You can teach each other the things you might not have much knowledge of.
Nobody is going to be an exact match. There will always be differences. And learning from them is part of being with someone.

I've dated people that I've had quite a large age gap with. And it's never hurt the relationship. Young or old, if their personality attracts me, that's what matters.
Yeah, we may not have connected on everything. Different tastes in some things, or life experiences. But we just used learning about those differences as a way to become even closer.
 barbee1970
Msg: 576
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 4/19/2009 11:04:19 PM
The other way around for me. I shag off a 24 yr old man at work. He got the message.
 Honcho
Msg: 584
What is wrong with men?
Posted: 4/23/2009 6:25:34 PM
When she told me "You're old enough to be my daddy!" I replied, "Yeah, and just my luck that you don't believe in incest!"
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >