Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How do guys really feel about being approached by women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteveO_74
Msg: 101
How do guys really feel about being approached by women?Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
personaly I love it! I'll never say no to a girl who asks me to dance even if i don't want to i'll still do it because most weman have no clue how hard it is to go up and start talking to a total stranger.
 Adrenaline Rush
Msg: 102
How do guys really feel about being approached by women?
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:52:51 PM
I have to sa i personaly impressed if a girl approached me. Most women wait for the guy to make the first move. As long as its done tastefully. no nut grabbing feeling up or asking if i want to bang.......unless all you want to do is bang....and still NO!
but like i said, i think it would be nice. and i'd have a lot of respect for whoever decided to do it=)
so bring it!
 docholiday740
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:59:32 PM
Up til recently, I have been a bouncer for a long time. I don't always get the chance to let my attention wander and get wrapped up in a conversation with a woman. Usually, it's been them that have made the first move. And, no, not just the drunk ones. It's quite flattering. Whether they are tasteful about it, or just come out and say, "can I come home with you tongiht?" it's all flattering. Personally, I find nothing wrong with it. It's a new millenium and all. . . not the 1930's.
 BBdrgn
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:03:50 PM
I love when they ask "Do you have any Crackers"?....
 carribeanking7
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:08:50 PM
All my past relationships without exeption-was initiated by the lady,
not that I am shy...I have done the approaching been turned down sometimes just like
everybody else but I have learned to take it in my stride.....
but all the relationships that went somewhere was initiated by the lady including the one who gave me 2 beautiful children.
 lady_bugg65
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:17:44 PM
"Do you have any Crackers"?...

OT: never crossed my mind that they would even have a minute to think about it...
 MysticalG
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 11:55:52 PM
I myself have always been a little shy around girls/women...most all of my relationships have started out with the female making some kind of move...and I'm sure I have missed some in the past thinking that she is to cute and/or is just being friendly....so sometimes in my opinion you have to make sure the guy reads your intrest as exactly that....a intrest in him.If he does'nt acknowledge your first attempt(if it was just a minor flirt he /or I might have miss read it)Like it has been said in this post before I don't think I have ever turned down a dance(except that one time a guy asked....long story and I had long hair),also like has been stated in the post before it shows that you have at least a intrest in that person so if he has a intrest in you his fear of rejection will be very low and will be more likely to return the intrest shown to him.After the initial contact is made and a chat has formed an opinion of if there is anything or not I don't think a playful pinch on leaving would be out of line.
For me even in here(POF site)I still find myself a little shy....I have a few girls on my favorite list that I am interested in but still a little reluctant/or unsure of what to say to create a intrest in me(so if you are on my fav list and you read this it might make a little more sence as to why I have'nt made contact ,so if I have you on my fav list and you like my profile feel free to take the first move ).Or even If I don't have you on my fav list and you like, put me on yours and/or mail me and see if I take the hint(remember I'm shy.....till I get to know you then I'm good to go)
 BBdrgn
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:09:27 AM
^^^ Does'nt have Crackers....

Mystical....
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:10:14 AM
*quietly sits back taking notes.....
(while licking my lips looking at BB)
 lady_bugg65
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:12:55 AM
*quietly announces LOUDLY.....she really wants crackers*......!!....
(while trying really hard not to look at BB but still...licking her lips)

mikewreckedyou
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:58:28 AM
when i was in san diego walking down the street with a couple friends of mine, there was a fairly cute african american girl that said "damn... you are the cutest white boy i've ever seen." right as we walked by. i was in a rush to get back to work, but to me it was the biggest turn i could imagine. and why? because its so rare. would it hurt to say a couple words just to let someone know you're interested? hellll no. besides, put yourself in our shoes. if you were the one always making the approaches, and you get shot down, eventually you're gonna lose confidence. so why not make the first move ladies? who knows what you could be missing out on otherwise... ;-)
 budgirl1
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/7/2006 7:58:17 AM
As for myself....I usually have to approach the guys when I'm out....it seems like it's the 20 year olds that approach me.....and I'm not into 20 year olds....so when I see a man I like....I definitely go up to him.....either just to talk....or I'll buy 2 shooters and take one up to him and we'll do a shot.....
 MysticalG
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:45:14 AM
^^^^^ hey budgirl1 I like almost any shooter but tequila(but would drink it if you bought it
 Zain.
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/7/2006 11:59:35 AM
I would be so happy if a girl approached me I am so bloody sick of always being the one having to approach a girl! I hate that whole "guys need to be the hunters they need to make the first move" mentality Why can't the girl for once take charge?? I hate those type of girls who constantly **** about guys not being agressive enough YOU BROUGHT IT UPON YOURSELVES!! If a guy doesnt make a move its one of 3 reasons
1. Scared of rejection
2. Scared of being laughed at
3. Scared you'll scream RAPE!!!
 xneo19
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:00:52 PM
How do I really feel ??

I wish I knew !!!!!!
 k.kong
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:18:03 PM
Since this is the year 2006, I think being approached is both complimentary and sexy. It shows confidence, and that is sexy. Why sit there all night making eyes, etc....ladies, you know how some of us are (not the sharpest knives)...approach us, ask us to dance...even if we are in a group...we will not shoot you down and giggle as you walk away
 SweetieGuy_81
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/7/2006 12:49:51 PM
Well, no women come up to me, but it would be cool for once to have them have the nervous breakdown asking a person out or something like that.

But perhaps its normally because i used to meet all the types that think if you don't ask the girl out, you aren't man enough...how sexist is that. lol

I think you should just go for it.

i wouldn't like the girl to touch my cute butt though, i would feel uncomfortable, but chatting to me and see how it goes is cool for me. :)
 Scooby__Doo
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2006 2:27:27 PM
i love being approached by women, i think its fantastic when they come over and pay me compliments. it normally means you've definately pulled which, in my book, is usually a great night enhancer and its also good for that little ego too!
 webwanderer
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/7/2006 2:29:48 PM
As a painfully shy guy in certain respects (okay one respect, i am afraid to hit on women cuz i don't dig rejection) i am all for women hitting on me. But it helps if they make it really obvious so I don't just assume they are being friendly or nice. Try phrases like "Take me now oh mighty stallion!" That one is especially good if done in front of large groups of people, co-workers or my friends!
 MON_005
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/7/2006 2:37:44 PM
That would make my day!!! I cant count on my hand the number of times ive been approached, and honestly, that novelty has well wore off for me to make the first move. It would definitely catch my attention to have that returned!!!
 MagicA
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/7/2006 2:40:34 PM
I wish more women would approach guys.. sure make life easier on the guys :)

If you just came up and planted a kiss on me I'm sure I would fade away though.. but yes, it would be really nice if all women approached men that they like and I know this man would definately appreciate it.
 runnit212000
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/7/2006 2:41:30 PM
I feel a little uncomfortable just doesn't seem womanly to me.
 Omega X
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/7/2006 2:43:12 PM
It shows and feels like that you still have the magic when a girl approaches you. Nothing is more of a turn on when a decent to a hot woman comes up to you to get to know you better.
 Horatius
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/7/2006 8:40:37 PM
I hate to say this but I rarely ever have to approach a woman. Most women generally approach me. My buddies are usually blown away because it happens everywhere. I don't understand it either because I'm no Brad Pitt. I've been hit on in grocery stores, electronic stores, clothing stores as well as bars/ restaurants and not by the women who work there and are looking for a tip or commission. These are usually attractive women as well.
 conanbubbajr
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/7/2006 9:20:15 PM
i think its cool that a woman can approach me to to be honest its a turn on
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How do guys really feel about being approached by women?