Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Racer71
Msg: 156
How do guys really feel about being approached by women?Page 5 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I've been approached many times by women, but unfortunately, the ones that approach me are not the ones that I'm looking for and it's not the fact that they approached me, it's the fact that I'm not attracted to the ones that usually approach me...
 epc
Msg: 157
How do guys really feel about being approached by women?
Posted: 7/4/2006 7:43:26 PM
I think it would be totally appropriate to buy the cute guy in the spinning class a bottle of water and offer it to him, explaining that he looks hot - then fluster, oh shoot what did I say, you look thirsty.
I think at this point guys are nervous about making the first move, make the move but still allow him to be the man and take the lead if he so chooses. This way, you don't need to worry about rejection, after all, all you did was buy a thirsty looking guy water.

I highly recommend not grabbing his ass, it's wrong for them to do it to us, and it's wrong for us to do it to them.
 know life
Msg: 158
Posted: 7/4/2006 7:57:05 PM
i like it cause i dont approach women, im affraid of rejection
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 159
Posted: 7/4/2006 8:59:46 PM
know life...I agree with you, thats one of the reasons I dont do it too much myself..cause of the fear of rejection..thats why I like when a woman approaches me first
 classy_lady99
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2006 9:25:30 PM
I do it all the time! I never wait for a guy to make the first move. They never turn me down and don't think I'm easy either! The last guy I approached still dates me and after a month now screamed to the world that he really likes me a lot!

A good example was just going to dinner last night with a girlfriend. We could have walked out of the restaurant with a half a dozen phone numbers if we wanted them. When we heard something amusing coming from another table of all men we had to join in. They loved it and asked to meet us.

Men always tell me they love confidence in a woman. It's the way it should be, so the ladies should choose whomever they want!
 8point75
Msg: 164
Posted: 7/10/2006 4:18:53 PM
I kinda wish things were reveresed and it was though to be normal that women do all the approaching...
 barnatic
Msg: 166
Posted: 7/10/2006 5:09:01 PM
i`m too shy to go up to a women and i think we live in a open and fair world so women feel free to stand up and talk to that sexy guy you see
 smootharleyguy
Msg: 167
Posted: 7/10/2006 5:46:17 PM
What you write sounds like how I feel every time I see a lady I would like to meet. Society has always placed the onus on men to make the first move. It is a difficult thing to get used to doing if you are NOT a naturally aggressive guy. It takes practice and you have to get used to being rejected. Why do you think men agonize over the perfect "pick-up" line???

As long as you understnad that not every guy will reciprocate your interest in him, I say go for it. Personally I am ready to let the ladies make the first move every once in a while.

We have spent the last 40 years "liberating" women from their traditional roles in the home and workplace; I think it's time men get liberated as well. It would be refreshing to see a stay-at-home Dad in something out than a sitcom on TV.

Ask me... I might just say Yes!
 DW_Canada
Msg: 168
Posted: 7/10/2006 7:33:29 PM
Im a shy guy so a woman approaching me would get things accomplished alot faster. Besides in this day and age, woman making the first move cant be considered all that strange.
 marriah
Msg: 169
Posted: 7/10/2006 7:45:39 PM
I've met both kinds. I will not chase a man ever again, because I am sick of rejection and ending up with 'whatever'. He'll find me when he's ready...
 sweetness-one
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2006 7:54:12 PM
I was the one who first contacted my sweetheart on this site, not looking for anything in particular, but yes, definitely interested. Little did I know I'd already been on his faves list for a while already! I was just commenting on a particularly funny thread he'd started way back then...and look where we are now!
 scooby66
Msg: 171
Posted: 7/10/2006 9:15:29 PM
I think it would be great!!..

I agree with sweetness.. the only problem here in Ohio is all the women expect the guys to do all the approaching.. very very few women here will approach the guy first.

The one thing i think should be doen when a woman approaches a guy is make sure you let them know your approaching them because your interested or attracted... me personally as well as my freinds have told stories of women walking up to us in banks or grocery stores or department stores.. asking questions of us guys like " where is the coin cuonter" or "what kind of socks do you prefer" or "are those frozen corn dogs any good?" i think most guys would admit we are a little slow when it comes to flirting we get the non verbal messages and verbal messages women give out all mixed up all the time... so women need to be direct when appraoching a guy.. you know carry on the convo to get to a point where it is obvious your hitting on us..lol

A woman always knows in any scenario when a guy is hitting on them.. guys don't always know.. we think "oh she is asking for help" or "she is just being nice".

Lemme give you a true life example... i went into my bank to transfer some money from one account to another... the really cute teller holds idle chit chat i conclude my business, and as i head out the door she yels after me "what cologne is that you have on you smell really good" i blush a little and explain it is Chrome by azzaro and so on and she repeats well you smell really good.

I get to work and start explaining what happened and all the women at work say " she was hitting on you idiot" " why didn't you go back and talk to her... i said well i thought she was asking so she could get it for her hubby or boyfreind...i go back the next week thinking well i am going to talk to this girl when i flirt back a little she blurts out ohhh i got that cologne you wear for my husband..lol

The moral of this story??? make sure if you are interested in a guy you let him know don't beat around the bush be obvious enough to knock them over... i mean don't grab their butt like mentioned before.. but make sure they know your interested in more than where the "coin changer is" or what cologne they are wearing...lol
 richard1961
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2006 6:17:37 PM
I would love it , it just shows you have passion and are willing to be strong, and that I assume communication will not be a problem.
 sazzyme
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2006 10:46:14 PM
MEEKA,once upon a time when i was shy, a friend gave me a license ]joke style] that said
[your name] is an OFFICIAL CHEEK CHECKER FOR THE STATE OF[YOUR STATE] it worked,and you can use it out of state....have fun,,enjoy it an approach .your never gonna win the race if you dont get in it,
 tml2c
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2006 12:54:30 AM
I think that a woman should approach a man because a relationship mutual and alot could be gained if a women was to show me that they were interested.Women would not get rejected like men do.That is just the way it is!
 lefthanddude
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/23/2006 9:17:47 PM
Laides come up to us please.................
 likes2nibble
Msg: 179
Posted: 10/23/2006 9:50:20 PM
Y not? Whats he gonna do? Slap you in the face? He just might like it but you have to do it discreetly otherwise he'll think you were just tryin to impress the others there. He could say, "no" but then he could just say "yes" to. And I am not talking as a confident person here but as a daring person.
 tastyfish
Msg: 180
Posted: 10/24/2006 6:59:04 AM
We like it. In Canada women are rarely receptive to advances, except from foreign men, so if they want to approach me I'm good with that.
 kingbreeze
Msg: 181
Posted: 10/24/2006 8:28:53 AM
if you are just going up to them and starting a conversation with them and asking for a # then i don't think any guy has a problem with that. the surprise kisses and ass grabbing might set a few guys off in the long run. i like it when a woman approaches me and i think more of them should take the initiative.
 WindsofChange69
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2006 11:41:29 AM
I think it's wonderful when a woman approaches me, I mean, not only does it boost my self-confidence a little, but also let's me know that I am still magnetic.

d1000
Msg: 183
Posted: 10/24/2006 5:09:06 PM
I love moderately aggressive women, well, I appreciate them all but only like the ones that appeal to me naturally. Always flattering nonetheless.
 saucysausage
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:42:53 PM
this has happened to me and i found it quiet different and i did go out on that date,a girl simply walked up tyo me in the street and started taking,lol i actually got extremly horny over that haaaa am i allowed to say that on here
 tutu4me
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:45:58 PM
chucks i prefer it but when does that happen i tell you when when you are patient and stand erect i mean firm
 the Juggernaut
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:47:49 PM
I KNOW IT's ON when a women approaches me.

The harder I have to work for a womens attention--the more likely its not going to work -sexually,emotionally or otherwise.

Isay GO 4 it.
 Supe987
Msg: 188
Posted: 11/30/2006 8:26:24 PM
Agreet im all for it to many women are passive and they have all the control.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >