Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How do guys really feel about being approached by women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImTheOneUwant
Msg: 201
How do guys really feel about being approached by women?Page 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I wish that would happen to me!

I am so shy, and many times I am out at the mall, or eating, etc...
and I see a woman, and wish I had the courage to go up to her, but I dont.

So far the only time that has happend to me is with men, and its happen more times than I care to tell you. It totally pisses me off too, and I always think, "Why cant a woman do this to me!!!!"

L.
 matman240
Msg: 202
How do guys really feel about being approached by women?
Posted: 12/3/2006 10:12:00 PM
Chris Rock said it best. If a man approaches a women and makes a sexually flattering comment, the women will normally think the guy is a total creep. If a women approches a man and makes a sexually flattering comment, the guy will think "DAMN! this must be my lucky day!!".

Ladies, please feel free to approach us. Enough with giving us the glancing eye contact and hoping that we'll approach you. There's a 90% chance we won't, and its not because we're not interested. Guy's usually need a giant neon billboard flashing in there face to take a hint. It all comes down to shyness I guess, but that wall can be broken down by a simple introduction.
 Supe987
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/6/2007 6:39:03 PM
haha gotta bump this still lonely:P
 CowboyPenner
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/6/2007 7:04:11 PM
I'm ok with being approached by a woman. In fact I prefer it because I can be a very shy guy. Just don't propose marriage in the first couple sentences
 ~Sass~
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/6/2007 7:07:22 PM
Dont know am a lady
 Paul5811
Msg: 206
Posted: 1/6/2007 9:09:42 PM
I like it when a woman is not afraid to approach a guy.
 Bored2hell
Msg: 207
Posted: 1/6/2007 9:13:47 PM
She knows what she wants and goes for it makes me smile
 cindy68
Msg: 208
Posted: 1/29/2007 6:26:27 PM
Well not being a guy , I really can't say how one would feel ! But my opinion on it is why the heck not ! what's the difference in who approaches who first ! Someone has to make a move lol.....I never really done it in person but I haave kind of done it in here, so does that count lol......Besides this is 2007, so Women, I say "GO FOR IT" !
 neck romancer
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2007 7:37:38 PM
yo go girl!

and please tell all your friends
 CTR916
Msg: 210
Posted: 1/29/2007 8:15:45 PM
I am not sure why women have any issues approaching men. We have always been told that women are better communicators than us, and have better relating skills. Why are women, who are willing to put up with abusive relationships, not willing to communicate more honestly about what they want?

I don't think I would have too many problems if women were as direct as men when discussing these issues. I tend to think that most guys wouldn't have a problem being able to talk to women, the way we talk to other men (as people).

Sometimes, I get the impression, that women have to conform to their subculture, in order to not have to really be honest with us guys about how they tend to control relating, and relationships.

It would be nice if we could be more honest about relating, and relationships with each other, and not feel restricted or worried about how the other person may react.

I tend to think that us guys would have fewer problems with women, if we were brought up understanding that women are much better supply side economists, than men.
 Le Petite
Msg: 211
Posted: 1/29/2007 8:37:27 PM
I can't get up into a guys head or into his Biological makeup, but I do think that only the Extremely evolved men will respect you and keep interest if you take this approach. If a guy tells me otherwise-unless he is very evovled or-extremely balanced-the only reason to appreciate this is for "easy" sex. I mean easy, by that, you are making his job easy:)...I am of the belief system that guys like to work-and to have the challenge of hard work. Who wants a lazy guy anyway? If a guy has a "hard time" approaching women, I suppose, he has more learning, and hard work to do on his social skills. I like a guy I can look up to. I know how to put out the magnetic rays so to speak. If a guy cannot or will not follow suit-well-
I guess he is just not motivated enough. I dont really care if it is 2007-Biology, for the vast majority rules-in my opinion. Then, it comes down to the biological make-up of women. So, you pinch the guys butt-ok-you made it easy for him-and you two follow your sexual bliss-then what? What about your female make-up...what if then you feel "close", attached, whatever?...Well, you get the picture, I'm sure you do...but, I know, sometimes hormones, excitement, and loneliness can get us to reach out and touch someone-Shoot, take a chance...but, as Buddha says...just face the consequences:)
J
 LOVEBUNS
Msg: 212
Posted: 1/29/2007 8:42:46 PM
i personally enjoy being approached. it does not happen near enough..we[guys] are so afraid of rejection come on ladies ... we need help and we both win..
 arcticmermaid
Msg: 213
Posted: 1/29/2007 8:50:00 PM
I think guys like it ,but I've found they get just as shy as us chicks .Remember guys like to be hunters not be hunted most of the time
 MichaelInMV
Msg: 214
Posted: 1/29/2007 10:45:39 PM
I love it when a woman approaches me. I'm pleasantly surprised and yes I've had women I have never even met kiss me. It's a wonderful compliment! I enjoy the new balance in dating.
 Sadness
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/29/2007 11:19:41 PM
Actually I need to be approached by a woman. I am way too shy and submisive to make the first move. Rejection is one of my darkest fears and the bane of my existence.
 scott47
Msg: 216
Posted: 1/30/2007 12:01:22 AM
ATTENTION FOR ANYONE THAT HAS NOT READ ABOUT SEXUALITY OR STUDIES OF MATING PROCESSES THROUGHOUT THE HISTORY OF OUR SPECIES TO THIS VERY DAY AND AD INFINITUM ,,,, IT IS THE NATURE OF THE BEAST FOR A MAN TO APPROACH A WOMAN AND IN ALL CASES THE RELATIONSHIP DOES NOT WORK IF THIS IS NOT WHAT OCCURS.,.. AND FOR ALL YOU SO CALLED SHY GUYS .... IF YOU SEE ONE THAT YOU REALLY WANT YOU WILL APPROACH THE ONE YOU WOULD LIKE TO MATE WITH AND YOUR SHYNESS WILL NOT INHIBIT YOU ,.,,,, YOU HAVE TO FEEL LIKE YOU ARE WINNING YOUR PRIZE AND ANY GAL THAT PLAYS EASY GETS DUMPED QUICK BECAUSE A MALE WANTS A WOMAN HE HAS TO PURSUE NOT EASY STREET... EVEN IF YOU END UP IN A RELATIONSHIP IT WOULD LIKELY NOT BE SUCESSFUL AS HE STILL HAS TO THINK HE WON YOU EVEN AFTER YOU ARE TOGETHER.... AND IF YOU ARE CHASING MEN YOU BETTER LEARN THAT YOU ARE WORTH CHASING AND NOT VICE VERSA OR YOU ARE GONNA BE VERY DISAPPOINTED IN WHAT YOU WOULD LIKELY END UP IN... ..... READ SOME SEXUAL EXPERTS OPINIONS ,,,, HELEN FISCHER IS AMAZING IN HER WORK ON HUMAN BEHAVIOUR AND SEXUAL ANTHROPOLOGY... UNDERSTANDING THE MALE BRAIN ALBEIT A SCARY JOURNEY IS A VERY ADVANTAGEOUS EDGE IN UNDERSTANDING THE PRIMAL NATURE OF OUR SPECIES WHICH HAS NOT CHANGED SINCE WE LEFT THE TREES.... ANYONE WHO DISPUTES THIS IS NOT ONLY LYING TO THEMSELVES BUT HAS NOT SPENT A WHOLE LOT OF TIME LOOKING AT THE WORLD OUTSIDE OF THEMSELVES WHICH IS ALSO NECESSARY FOR BONDING..... VISION IS A GREAT EDUCATOR TOO......
 Sadness
Msg: 217
Posted: 1/30/2007 12:33:15 AM
Hi Scott47. Good post but I must respectfully disagree. I really don't care what the so called experts say. They may be well educated but that does not mean that they are right all of the time. I know myself very well and I can say with all honesty that I have no desire to feel like I am "winning the prize". A good woman is not a prize to be won or lost. She is a person with her own desires and if she feels the need to approach a guy, it simply shows that she knows what she wants. And that is not a bad thing. As far as relationships being disappointing or failing because the male did not make the first move, I have to say that I just don't see that happening. The success of a relationship is based on mutual love and trust of both people involved. It is not based on who makes the first move. I do agree that there are certain primal instincts that are built into us humans but they do not always take precedence. There are always variations that do not conform to what is considered to be normal.
 Thattallguy
Msg: 218
Posted: 1/30/2007 1:54:00 AM
When women approach me I sometimes wonder if they want Cash or Visa...(Kidding!!!!)
 intheswim
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2007 7:46:48 AM
I like to be approached by women. A simple smile and " Hi, my name is *****. I just wanted to meet you."

Simple to the point and gets the job done.

Interdimensional
Msg: 220
Posted: 1/30/2007 8:01:28 AM
We love it. We love it even more when you just flat out let us know you want to sleep with us. It is simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 69_dude
Msg: 221
Posted: 1/30/2007 8:04:01 AM
well kind of like when a guy does approach you, do you like the hard sell or the soft cell... (tainted love)
For me I have been hit on by women in the past and when they are too sly or come on too hard it can be really, really annoying.

So start with a hi! and do a little flirt and if the guy reacts possitively then if not move on and don't take it personally
 CTR916
Msg: 222
Posted: 1/30/2007 5:07:32 PM
arcticmermaid,

Yeah, I sometimes have a problem with shyness.

By the way, I couldn't email you; I don't want to have to lie to in order for me think I may ever have sex with you. But you look pretty nice in your pictures. :)

P.S. I usually enjoy the refer madness. It isn't nearly as bad as our warfare-state propaganda would make it out to be.
 floridaman4u
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2007 5:28:10 PM
i enjoy an aggressive lady when approaching me .... buy me a drink or ask me out ....im not really shy but i do enjoy seeing an interested lady going out of her way to get my attention
 Thattallguy
Msg: 224
Posted: 1/30/2007 10:14:44 PM
Um...I see some extremly hostile women here who are opposed to stepping up to the plate and approaching men. No wonder they're single....
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 225
Posted: 1/30/2007 10:21:38 PM
I love it when a woman approaches me & flirts... doesn't happen too often, but once the ice is broken it's great. If it leads to nothing else, it's a good experience in itself.

If a women gathered up the courage to approach me, as I have women I've liked in the past, then that's a huge compliment knowing she was prepared to take that risk of rejection.

Shows a lot of guts.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How do guys really feel about being approached by women?