Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > over 40 and never married...is this a RED FLAG!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparticuss
Msg: 26
over 40 and never married...is this a RED FLAG!Page 2 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
I dont think its a red flag.Ive never met anyone yet ive wanted to marry.Not even sure ill ever want to be married.I think a red flag should go the ones who say my first husband,my third......why get married......i just have ex boyfriends....easier to just walk away.
======================================================

Now you have really got a point Beardob.

Forget the damn red flags. They are waved far too freely anyway.

Just the idea that you havent met anybody that you loved enough to marry. That's the most important reason of the lot but seems to be the one least talked about.
 sparticuss
Msg: 27
over 40 and never married...is this a RED FLAG!
Posted: 6/7/2006 4:19:20 PM
Women, of all ages, are addicted to red flags.

Red flags?? This is a red flag!

You would have to be talking about a junkie, addicted to multiple drugs, who had beaten up at least one girlfriend badly enough to cripple her, and had raped his own five year old daughter. These men DO exist but are thankfully, quite rare.
 bubbynutz
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/8/2006 4:21:34 AM
One time a lady friend of mine advised me not to put in my profile that I'd never been married.

It's better to be married and divorced than to never have married? That just doesn't make sense to me.
 Fifi47
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/8/2006 5:21:24 AM
People assume that never been married means never dated, that we are ugly, too picky, etc. all of these things are closed minded, judgmental , especially since they have no clue as to what is out there since most of these people who have these opinions have not dated in years. just my take on what happens to me.
 gravey
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/8/2006 5:44:10 PM
Over 40 & never married I think is better than being 42 & divorced 4 times. Better to live together for a couple years then to get married & divorced 2 years later. It is also much less expensive.
 itsmeinco
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2006 10:16:47 PM
Women who do that are irrational ditzes who are always trying to make a big deal out of nothing. Believe me, you are better off staying as far away from them as possible.

P.S. Forget the whole marriage thing. I got married when I was 40. Biggest mistake I've ever made. Women turn into carping, nagging, malicious monsters the instant the noose is tied.
 musicianfriend
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 11:22:18 AM
No offense to you Jed, but I think the reason so many people have not gotten married is due to the fact that they will live together.

Why would a man or woman marry ,when they are on the fence about it anyway, when
they can get the cow or the stud for free. We are just jipping ourselves out of great relationships doin this.

First of all, you should get to know the person you are with first before marrying them. People rush into the relationship way to fast. Alot of them I see are living together the first month to 6 months. This is soooooo shallow to me. It is not even a real relationship. Its a game, like playing house. Not a serious relationship at all. Maybe that is good enough for thouse of you who want to live that way. Whatever floats your boat.

But I believe you are missing out on something so wonderful and good. There is a special bonding between people when they commit and have a family. If you have never done this, you just don't know. I am glad I did this even though my marriage ended in divorce. The man I married wasn't right for me, but when I was young, there were no teachings on how to find a compatible person to spend the rest of my life with. This generation should be able to accomplish this with no problem. There is so much info out there.

I think marriage is the ultimate way to live life. Children are just awesome .There is a much deeper love than when you live together in my opinion. I have done both. So I know how my experience went.

If you want to be married. Don't live with anyone. Keep your door open to meet people that want what you want. They are out there. Just be patient. It will be worth it.

designingwoman
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 12:36:57 PM
^^^ I agree 100% with the above poster. Living together short circuits the idea of getting married. I won't live with a man until we've exchanged marriage vows.

I'm not a religious person, but I do see the logic in having a legal commitment (marriage) before moving in together. Also in the US (I don't know about other countries), live-ins don't have the same inheritance, hospital visitation or other rights as do married people.

By not living together before marriage, this slows things down and allows the couple to get to know one another before living together.

This posting is NOT to condemn people who choose to live together before marriage or to not marry but remain live-ins. We are all adults, and we have that right to choose to be live-ins or wait until getting married to live together. Each couple must decide what is right for them.
 chillbuffed
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/18/2007 5:35:19 AM
Never even owned a red flag
Not married and just reached 40
Between raising a daughter and working ... havent really slowed down long enough to find my equal
But Im in the mood for love and yes I would like to get married.....
 Fifi47
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/20/2008 6:03:14 AM
Magickman and tallhorseman, great posts, and you both seem to be on the right track....
 tiklish
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:14:18 PM
It is a a high probability that a man is having other priorities than stick to one woman and have serious relationship/ a family with her, if he recently did not:
-completed or still continuing his Advanced /Professional education
-separated from common law
-taking care of ill or old family member, poor health himself or unfertile
- returned from serving Forces or another services/ job with liabilities
- ended his working contract and relocated to another geographic area /immigration
-lost secure job/ housing/ assets/ hope/ soul mate
-raised in restricted environment- religion/custom
- live in gender disproportional population areas
- have a low sex drive/tired
-still waiting for consideration of real woman of his desire or "come- back” girlfriend
There can be something we can not know, as women, why a male can not stop at a particular available person. Why they imitate inability to take a decision and responsibility covering it up into "I am picky" or "Did not meet Right woman” categories. It is just miserable as they are.
-
 tiklish
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:14:26 PM
It is a a high probability that a man is having other priorities than stick to one woman and have serious relationship/ a family with her, if he recently did not:
- ended his working contract and relocated to another geographic area /immigration
-still waiting for consideration of real woman of his desire or "come- back” girlfriend
There can be something we can not know, as women, why a male can not stop at a particular available person. Why they imitate inability to take a decision and responsibility covering it up into "I am picky" or "Did not meet Right woman” categories. It is just miserable as they are.
-
 tiklish
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:14:34 PM
-
 tiklish
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:18:03 PM
-
 tiklish
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:18:11 PM
-
 tiklish
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:19:11 PM
There can be something we can not know, as women, why a male can not stop at a particular available person. Why they imitate inability to take a decision and responsibility covering it up into "I am picky" or "Did not meet Right woman” categories.
-
 tiklish
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:19:19 PM
There can be something we can not know, as women, why a male can not stop at a particular available person. Why they imitate inability to take a decision and responsibility covering it up into "I am picky" or "Did not meet Right woman” categories.
-
 tiklish
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:19:49 PM
-
 tiklish
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:20:15 PM
-
 tiklish
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:20:59 PM
-
 tiklish
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:33:14 PM
-
 tiklish
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:55:35 PM
-
 tiklish
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/15/2008 10:05:30 PM
-
 tiklish
Msg: 51
Posted: 10/15/2008 10:05:43 PM
 tiklish
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/15/2008 10:06:06 PM
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > over 40 and never married...is this a RED FLAG!