Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > The beginning of aging      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 compleat_man
Msg: 12
The beginning of agingPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
^^

oh..so do you think he INTENTIONALLY choked on his own vomit as a 'graceful' way to exit stage left? LMAO
 red_relaxed
Msg: 13
The beginning of aging
Posted: 2/19/2009 4:55:27 PM
Well...I'm not brand new, but I'm still pretty shiny...

Rythmn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
The beginning of aging
Posted: 2/20/2009 12:31:26 PM
early greying is often hereditary. it also has been linked to thyroid. there is a combo of 3 vitamins that some have used to reverse it (earl mindell vitamin book). most of my family went grey in their 20's. this is the one time, my dad's genes kicked in for me in a positive way (that and low blood pressure, but also linked to thyroid!).

later on i got hashimoto's thyroiditis (autoimmune hypothyroid) and every member of my family has either over or underactive thyroid. most underactive thyroids can be corrected if id'd properly and given the hormones orally. go to about dot com and put in thyroid on their search mechanism. there is a woman who runs a thyroid column. i think her name is mary shoman or something like that.

if you get tested, be sure they test t3, t4 and for autoimmunity (three tests). some just do the one test and that is archaic. but medicine takes ten years to catch up with research.

age gracefully? nope. age? yup. graceful? i try. by the time you "grow up" there will be even more and less expensive technology. soon we will all look like phyliss diller.

Elizabeth023
Msg: 15
The beginning of aging
Posted: 2/20/2009 12:37:38 PM
I walk and run every day to keep fit, I feel better after doing in and you have more energy.. Especially after eating a meal, it is important to go for a walk or jog.. I don't look my age, and I feel like I am in my 20's, so exercise really helps with your well being..

kpooks
Msg: 16
view profile
History
The beginning of aging
Posted: 2/21/2009 5:40:39 AM
We all start aging from birth!!!

That said, yeah, I think I'm aging gracefully, as long as I keep stress down (it's been a stressful couple of years, dealing with my brother's death and this shitty economy). But, no gray hairs yet (although my hair is so white blonde anyway you won't be able to tell when it goes gray lol), some wrinkles around the eyes and worry lines on the forehead, but my body looks great, thanks to LOTS of cardio and working out twice a week. I'm more concerned about keeping the weight down at this point, for cosmetic reasons and reasons of overall health. High LDL cholesterol (which can lead to heart-attack or stroke) is the thing I'm going to have to be concerned about as I rage on into my later years.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 17
The beginning of aging
Posted: 1/31/2011 3:48:57 PM
I look good for my age.
probably the best we can hope to achieve.
Gradually declining eye site will cure everything else.
:-P
 arwen52
Msg: 18
view profile
History
The beginning of aging
Posted: 2/1/2011 4:42:18 PM
We're all getting older from the day we are born.

Am I aging gracefully? I suppose that's a matter of opinion. Check out my profile and judge for yourself.

I first noticed gray hairs at the age of 30. At 58, I still don't color my hair and doubt that I will just because it's too much bother and expense. I don't wear makeup, either. I'm tempted at times but I have better things to do with my time and money, at least for now. Maybe eventually I'll change my mind.

I dance. I play music. I'm in decent shape. I have a good time with my life. Is that aging gracefully?
 colt8301
Msg: 19
The beginning of aging
Posted: 2/2/2011 3:30:29 AM

But, the hard reality is, it happens to everyone and whether you like it or not, you're not going to be one who person in history who will be forever ageless.

How about you? Are you aging gracefully?

lol, just turned 28 and it seems I have aged 10 years in 3 years. Looking in mirror I look 100 percent healthier than 18, leaner, fitter, people still think I'm in my early 20's, no wrinkles, and skin clear, not "stronger", Thing is now, I get hurt easier, not as durable or tough, my knees hurt after football, and basketball, now, my hair line starting to recede, lol not much but by 31 or 33 I would be bald, is my guess. People seem to think I am aging good because of physical fitness, but they don't know what's going on in the mind. If your mind is old it doesn't matter what you look like. LOl, i hate mirrors.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 20
The beginning of aging
Posted: 2/2/2011 7:11:34 AM
I wouldn't worry about the gray hairs as it is not as big a testament of age as it is looks. Age really gets to a tipping point around 45 years old. At this point, your body is no longer building muscle mass on it's own. To offset this you need supplements or at least a change in the diet towards more protein.

In your case, you have another 15 years to go before you are at the tipping point, enjoy it. If you are that worried about the hair, color it. I'm serious, you don't have any real problems yet. Your issues are more psychological and everyone goes through this.
 MichelleRenee1234
Msg: 21
The beginning of aging
Posted: 2/2/2011 1:19:51 PM
I've never even thought of the whole "aging gracefully" concept as having a thing to do with appearances. I take it more as a mindset. if everyday you're fighting, kicking, and screaming about growing older, then you're probably not doing it very gracefully. Fighting the inevitable is a losing battle. But if you're still enjoying life no matter how many gray hairs you have, or lost hairs, or added weight, or added wrinkles, or sagging boobs, or saggy bottom, and don't care too much about those things because, hey, it's real and it's life, then I say good job to you!

If I get to be 60 years old and can still think, talk, clean/feed/breath for myself, I'll be happy. I'll be even happier if I get to do those things for another 30 years or more after I turn 60. To hell with vanity. I'm more concerned about that fact that the older I get, the closer to death I get, and I'm much more concerned with THAT than how I look when I get there.

At age 29, I find it hilarious when people in my age group start flipping out about being old. Lol. Gain some perspective peeps!
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > The beginning of aging