Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 maples01
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Does anyone actually meet from here?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Like on many free dating sites you have people who don't act like they are interested in anything other than chatting on the site, your mail to them even lacks interest, the very reason I'd not join a pay site, not gonna waste my money when nothing will come of it. Seems all the POF events fall on my time with my kid, can't turn my back on him since I'm the only one who pays attention to him, is that the only time the people on here plan to go out?
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 8
Does anyone actually meet from here?
Posted: 2/23/2009 11:36:37 AM

Lets be real here, How else do you explain how these attractive women in their 40's, 50's and still single when all they have to do is say yes or get out from behind the computer ?

I guess that depends on what you wish us to say yes to. I know I have gotten invites late at night to meet at Walmart, the man said he never agrees to met anyone so if I didnt come then, I would just be out of luck.. and then there is the guy who I talked to online for two weeks who says, Im at my office alone now come met me ... it was 10:30 at night. Or the one last week who on the first meet who ask me if I knew what the third date means...like I am going to go thru two more dates with you so you will have to sleep with me mentality...groan!

The list goes on and on...alot of men in the 40's and 50's after being in long marriages have no desire for relationships..they will freely admit all they want is sex.

And for your information, I have had several men (locally) who only wanted to send emails and talk on messenger. One has over 100 favorites and while he would email me daily he never wished to meet, took me awhile to realize that the numbers didnt add up, the pictures of him with his grandson who was less than a year compared to the child that was going to middle school, mean his pictures were over 10 years old. Another man set up two dates and then cancelled at the last moment. Another one would say when I get back from this business trip I want to met you...lets plan on it...In 9 months I heard that four times and finally I told him I was going to spend my time and effort on someone who actually wanted to met and that I wished him the best. He still trys to engage me in conversation. Some people are at different places in their life and like real fishing you have to throw back the nonkeepers!

The bottom line is it only takes ONE, so most people are on more than one site to find that ONE person.
 maples01
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 2:58:28 PM
Not all men are out for sex, but I'm an oddball due to my situation, I can control myself, I got out of a long term relationship near 2 years ago, and have "not" done any flings, I believe a long term relationship is best. Those out playing around will find one day, they will be all alone, no one by their side for comfort, and love, the free life, fun, will leave them empty, and longing!
A relationship or marriage for that fact, they are work, for both to make it work, understanding, compassion, and time out together, much like dating. Problem is, when relationship/marriage is established, the we're together mode kicks in, you don't bother the dating ritual since you're together. Many on dating sites are in a relationship or marriage and are either stepping out, or contemplating it, if there is enough interest in them, those people need to go to their partner and try councelling or divorce!
As for sex, when did a date number get designated, that's irrelavent, should be for when you feel a real connection, not obligation, in fact, I'd say it will just happen if there is a real connection, starts with a touch, then, well cannot be explained I'm afraid.

I think dating is hard to explain since everyone has their own idea, but it is not for sex, or just feeling good, you are looking for the person that fits, sometimes it takes a couple dates together, or you just realize after a few minutes. You continue going out, getting to know each other better, likes/dislikes, etc, forget sex everyone, it'll just happen. When you find that person, resist getting married for a while, that's a misconception by so many, don't rush it, but if you've found that someone, don't continue your hunt, or feelings will be hurt and you could wind up alone in the end.
 maples01
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 3:00:54 PM
Sigmuend Freud has left the building.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/23/2009 6:27:11 PM

BTW, what does a 3rd date mean ?

I hadn't heard of it until I joined a dating site in 9/07 and then I learned quickly that the conclusion of the 3rd date was you going to bed with the other person. Which means that you had to decide if you liked the person enough at the end of the second date to know if you wanted to sleep with them by the end of the third date...I think it is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. I decide when Im ready to sleep with someone..be it the first date or the 50th....not when society claims to be an acceptable timeframe.

As far as what you said about that "if it wasn't working for them, they wouldn't be going around doing it" I agree completely. I have recently had several men tell me how aggressive women have become. One guy told me he started talking to a local girl and about an hour later she says why dont you come on over, it's friday night and niether of us work tomorrow. He thought about it and decided she was right, why sit home alone on a Friday night. He gets there and she answered the door completely nude, he told her it was a pleasure meeting her and left. He felt that if she answered the door nude for him on Friday night that the prior week she would have answered it for someone else. Another friend (younger guy) told me this older woman wrote him and he wasnt really interested in her so he told her all he would want was cheap meaningless sex, she wrote back and asked when they could meet. /shrug

I think there are good people out there and so Im not completely giving up but Im never going to be the type for the quick and easy hookup online ...to me there is to much in life to enjoy to ever have to resort to something so demeaning to both parties. It is sad when you know someone so intimately before you know their last name.
 maples01
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 8:24:15 PM
I know a woman that was chatting with guys on myspace, messaged one about meeting, he said I don't want to date, I have a girl friend, I just want sex with you (worded quite differently). Her reply was "sounds good, when do you want to do it, she was married BTW.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/23/2009 8:35:40 PM
CeeCee

Sapphireeyes, I emailed to this guy back and forth, for months ....he was always either on the road or there was a situation at home. He had everything, and then some, that I was looking to have in my life....had to back away, cause it wasn't happening. And not because of me....I was willing and able to meet.

He made it appear he had everything sugar...he didnt or he would have met you...dont let it get you down...you cant loose what you never had...and he was never real so you didnt really loose anything.
 Yankee again
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/28/2009 11:09:56 PM
Go for 90 days probation, like a company. it works better. I think a guy made up the 3rd date rule.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/1/2009 9:33:09 AM
90 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg I m not looking to punish myself!
 spritefire
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/30/2009 8:11:22 PM
hey there cee cee kitty cw told me about this site,i hope you are coming to the M&G in knoxville!!!!!!!!!!! i sue hope you can make it and hang out with us ans be sure to go by the airport and put us up a few of those pilots ,that you have been stacking back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love for them to fly us somewhere special l waiting for take off
 spritefire
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/10/2009 9:33:49 AM
StarLine I am a single woman,I know i look good ,and i feel good about myself.I have picture,on all date site also.In the past i have been very busy with work and enjoying my grandbabies.I do want someone in my life when the time is right.Ihave time to date now,but i am not going to waste my time ,or his just for a free meal and time.so,my thoughts are until i feel the chemisty with the guy,i don,t see any need to go farer.(with that said.)I found the site for the meet,and greet by acident,so i started going in oct,i enjoy making friends and in hopes someday i will also meet in mate.I live in N.C.and knoxville,and Maryville is a two hour drive,and i love going and meeting up with the friends i have made there. I truely beleive that i will never meet him at the M&Gs out of state,because,they do not think with their hearts,like we do .If i cared about someone the i met ,not living in my area,there would be all kinds of way to see each other.ole yea I am middle age and am not after the young guys,but I not wanting a sugerdaddie either..I am planning a M&G here in N.C.,in a month,who knows what will happen then.( Sheye) I have waited 3 months before sleeping with a man that i was dating((Not now).BABIE if the chemisty is there!!!!and getting to know about him ,and him getting to know you,then and only then would i go there ,Tell that dude there are no numbers for us to follow,his lost not your.if a man cares they will have patienes,(hope i spelled that right).
 spritefire
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/10/2009 9:43:48 AM
I haven,t gotten to meet any of those guys.that will probley be the closet to ever get to meeting one of them.only because i was at the Hamilton across from the airport,ol well i was hoping!!!!!!!
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2009 5:36:13 PM
I actually have been meeting men at a nearby meet and greet. I have been having a great time..making new friends.. both men and women.

So I encourage you to get out of the house and attend a meet and greet and be sure to ask the ladies to dance.. cuz they will all dance with you...
 Yankee again
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/13/2009 10:43:02 PM
Well put txsippigal.

Meeting and greeting is great.
 Yankee again
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/13/2009 10:45:16 PM
Well put txsippigal.

Meeting and greeting is great.
 NASH58
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/15/2010 7:44:44 AM
Outofthedesert you are wrong you are just fine look great to me just i live in Nashville and you don't , you are good looking Tom
 romanticgal61
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2010 11:48:34 AM
apparently i'm either fishing with the wrong bait or in the wrong pond. will someone tell me why i'm still here?
 romanticgal61
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2010 6:58:50 AM
ceecee...i always love your many quotes of wisdom!!! i think you're correct...something got lost in that translation and also in the ways of dating. i've taken a rest from having my "mug" profiled..i'm in hiding. i've put my quest for love on the backburner. thought i needed a time to reboot. i still love the forums...although they are impossible to nagivate these days. so for us who are finding this search difficult...let's keep things moving in the forums. it's the only "action" i get these days!
 maples01
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2010 1:46:46 PM
I threw in the tackle box and at it without bait, not looking for anyone, just here so someone will find me, quit lookin.
 maples01
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2010 4:08:30 PM
Well I think maybe it's best to be able to enjoy life alone, before trying to find someone, if you can't enjoy yourself, how can you expect someone else to.
 maples01
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2010 3:17:04 PM
You mean you're not so good at it you don't notice you're by yourself.
Lookin for medications to make me schizophrenic, so I'll have someone to talk to.
 romanticgal61
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2010 12:26:25 PM
i've been divorced since 1999. i've had one significant relationship in that time frame. i quit looking and i've never been happier. it took the pressure off and i realized that it's ok for me to be single. if it's meant for me to find prince charming...or that frog that miss ceecee talked about, i will. if not...i'm happy with my life. that doesn't mean i don't get "so lonesome i could cry" but it means i can handle the cards i've been dealt. it's called acceptance. keep up the good work buys...i enjoy hearing other opinions!
 romanticgal61
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2010 11:53:56 AM
the forums on here are as dead as the dating prospects!!!! RIP
 maples01
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2010 6:17:27 PM
Well they removed the forum from the overhead bar, there weren't many before that, it just finished them off. Finish weeding out the players.
Almost time to start throwing dirt on the forum, it's stinking, the reminder that it's dead here.
 maples01
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2010 3:55:06 PM
Picket fence, makes it difficult to park in the yard, to get closer to the trailer.
Marriage, from what I've been noticing, many already are, it'd require a divorce first, they're just lookin to date.
Show ALL Forums  > Tennessee  >