Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 god_of_rock
Msg: 35
Cellphones in PublicPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^

There isn't that much I like about living near a hick town except rural living. But I did hear some Billybob type, country Bumbkin, talking about beating the sheit out of some City Slicker for talking on his Sayal Phone at the Local Bar. I'd buy Billybob a beer to see

LOL: )

we get it 'sexiest man alive'; despite living in a 'billy-bob hick town' YOU are the only 'sophisticated' person there.

what-eva..
 Blue sky lover
Msg: 37
Cellphones in Public
Posted: 2/23/2009 8:58:22 PM
I feel ya on that. I think some people just really need the attention more than they really need to talk LOL. I have a black berry myself so i always just tell people to txt me and ill get back to them as i can or to email my gmail or yahoo emails as i have my laptop with me as the town i live in has many coffee shops and wi-fi hubs. i like to get lost in the woods around here at times so no one can contact me 8)
 Soul Union
Msg: 39
Cellphones in Public
Posted: 2/21/2013 12:42:10 PM
boloteee ~

I don't have this problem, this ever-increasing, global problem.

You see, I don't associate with people who use cellphones. Full stop. I don't care if they are men or women, kings or queens, or your ordinary Joe Bloggs - I simply won't associate with cellphone users. No apologies. I won't do it.

I don't use cellphones: in fact, I wouldn't take one of these gadgets if it was free, encrusted with diamonds and rubies, with flashing lights and the sound of the Star-Spangled Banner blaring from its innards. Cellphones, to me, are poison.

I have a telephone at home, and people can contact me if they want. Why do I need to be talking to people as I walk along the road?

I watch people here in town where I live, darting across pedestrian crossings, staring down into their precious little piece of crap, while cars whizz past them, manoeuvring around them and screeching to a stop for them. Oh yes, the cellphone must come first, you see. Their personal safety is not a factor.

I see people in cafes staring down forlornly into the little piece of crap. Hordes of them. Row upon row, like a scene out of Franz Kafka. All together now, eyes down. Come on now, sheeple. Eyes down. Obey the overlord - and hand over your money into the bargain. Fools.

No, it's simple - I won't have a bar of them. You can keep them. I'm one of these people who are not part of mainstream society. If I had serious money I would debunk to an island off the west coast of Scotland or somewhere, build a small house and get away from the seething insanity of today's mindless 'culture.'

Peter
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >