Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 4
Transgender or transexual???Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Just a guess, but if you are looking for someone more interested in you than in your body, then focus more on your personality, maybe have fewer body photos. If you want someone to be interested in your outer shell, then maybe try a website aimed more towards that?

Over here, yes, it could be risky to out yourself too soon, maybe attract the wrong element. So, meet in public, don't get drunk, might be best for keeping safe.
 benspurr
Msg: 24
Transgender or transexual???
Posted: 5/15/2009 8:10:21 PM
Even though you're a woman, you have to tell them that you're a post op transsexual. They have every right to know and it's deceitful not to tell them. This will, of course, lead to a lot of men not giving you a chance, and a lot more men who will chase you just for the thrill, but it's sadly something you'll need to endure.

By the way, you look fantastic.
 sub girl wanted
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2009 5:06:54 AM
i wish theyd have a TS/TG you could check off like M or F.Ive been intrigued with transsexuals for a long time,and it would be nice if they were easier to find on here,and similiar sites.
 Girlfriend80
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/29/2011 12:22:29 PM
The funny thing about that Is I can not tell you how many LIES i hear on a daily basis from MEN! Frankly once I'm Post Op you won't know until I've met you in person.
 Tia.Asia
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/13/2013 2:52:54 PM
My profile says everything of what I am and so far have had good receptions from many guys and some girls in here. I would politely reply NO to inquirers if I'm not interested and have been consistently thanked for for being upfront until last week when I received a very demeaning response (close to threat) from one of the inquirers. Any advice or feedback is highly appreciated.
 afarmenian
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/13/2013 3:15:31 PM
Do not respond is the best route, and either block and/or ignore. What else can you do call the police?
 stephanie4life
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/14/2013 8:52:19 AM
I agree. Just dont even respond to crap like that.
 MrMeSir
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/14/2013 10:20:58 AM
be honest, save the heartache. people can be cruel, it has nothing to do with personality or getting to know someone, it has everything to do with comfort zones, trying to force anything on people that when it's clearly uncormfortable for a lot of them, is a bad choice.

But it's your call, i just don't think it would be all that healthy to put your in a situation where someone might be insulting, after you let them in.
 hansome58
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/2/2013 10:02:39 AM
hi transgender is not a problem for me hun i think you get the best of both worlds an if you enjoy each other your sexuality shouldn,t matter ,just my opinion
 hansome58
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/2/2013 10:06:07 AM
hi sweety im a bisexual male who thinks what ever gender you are should not matter but of course its just my opinion but think your getting the best of both worlds i mean come on what more can someone ask for right
 ErichWild
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/2/2013 11:13:06 AM
I would put it in your profile anyone who would be turned off by it will simply not message you rather than you getting messages you simply have to turn away
 _way2real_
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/6/2013 6:33:44 PM
me too i have also been looking for a transexual f to m
 Celina1991
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/6/2013 6:37:14 PM
I have the fact that I'm bisexual on my profile. I was 12 and had just started puberty when I realized I was bisexual and attracted to both men and women. What others think means nothing to me, so that's why it's there. I hope it keeps the bigots and prejudice souls away from me. I figure if people have a problem with how I was born, then they can get lost and take their issues with them. NEVER be ashamed to be you!!! LGBT power!!!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/7/2013 9:56:57 AM
I realized I was bisexual and attracted to both men and women ... What others think means nothing to me, so that's why it's there ... NEVER be ashamed to be you!!! LGBT power!!!

But you have to be fair, here. There's a HUGE difference between a really cute, feminine girl being bi-sexual, and someone being a tranny. One turns most guys on with a resounding "Hell Yeah!", and the other turns them off like catching their grandparents having sex. Sure, you'll have social conservatives disliking both (even though disliking the latter a bit more still). But you are not in any way close to being discriminated against than a tranny, as you will also get your fair share of positive feedback... and even the negative feedback you may get won't be nearly as bad.
 BronxTale
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/7/2013 6:07:16 PM

I am post op transgender.

GAAKK!
*puke*
 no_1_bby
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2013 7:10:40 PM

I am post op transgender.

GAAKK!
*puke*

What Bronx really means is...

"I think it's great you are following your dreams. I wouldn't be interested in having a relationship with you."

Please tell me you aren't teaching your son your intolerances.
 BronxTale
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/8/2013 2:00:12 AM

Please tell me you aren't teaching your son your intolerances.

Of course I am. Especially when it comes to things like that. He will know to dislike and stay light years beyond away from those kinds of bizarre people.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/8/2013 8:21:39 AM
Tough call for such people. Would definitely bring out the trolls for just sex & I wouldn't post it. The sincere are far & in between anyway & I'd mention it while getting to know after a few emails.
 TS.HarnessedSpark
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/8/2013 2:03:24 AM
I advertise the crap out of it. Cuts to the chase so the hassle I get is minor.
 SeattleSunGirl
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2015 10:42:22 PM
Righteous comment!
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/2/2015 11:50:32 AM

My only physical flaw was that I had a penis.

Yeah, hearing that from a "girl" on a second date would make the guy spit his food out -- either grossed out or laughing out loud, thinking "she" was joking.

I never had testes.

That is something that could be stated to prevent someone thinking you just have psychological issues or something. That would make someone respect your surgical transition at least. If you were still around, I'd ask if you were a hermaphrodite (male/female combo), which it sounds like to some degree you were.

But either way -- yes, you let someone know. I guess it'd "soften the blow" (no pun intended) if they knew you were post-op, vagina (via surgery) and all + never had testes... VS sporting a crank and balls, and getting a boob job while on estrogen. But just because you're post-op doesn't mean you hold off on telling a guy until after having a date or something.

If people are going to be upset that one didn't advertise that they were still living with their newly divorced ex-husband/ex-wife -- they don't advertise they used to be of another gender. In other words, don't hide anything that's going to be an issue just because some or many people may make exaggerated assumptions about it. That's not an excuse to hide it...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >