Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why are some people against hunting? [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 militarymike88
Msg: 26
Why are some people against hunting?Page 2 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
It is very rare for a deer or any game to die instantly from a shot. Its like when you cut off the heads of chickens, nerves and adrenaline keep it "alive" and running for about 10 seconds. Same thing with a deer or other large game but much more because its a bigger animal.
 yna6
Msg: 27
Why are some people against hunting?
Posted: 2/20/2009 8:23:49 AM
Apparently, a lot of people (the majority it seems) are ok with 'ethical' hunting. It is the odd "trophy" or "wasteful" hunter that spoils it for all. Some people hear of some fool hunter and paint ALL hunters with the same brush.
Coyotes have no trouble bringing down full grown deer here. And not necessarily the sick or old ones either.
 nebula22
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/20/2009 9:22:20 AM
I will only hunt if I need food to feed myself or others and can get it no other way.

I raised a Great Northern Coyote as a pet.
She lived with my family of 4 kids, my wife and myself.
She grew very large as she was wormed and fed well.
She was just as dangerous as my Wolf and my Bobcat if not more dangerous.
 Tribal_Superman
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/20/2009 2:56:24 PM
Well I figured I would let a few post get out so that i could see what the anti hunters typically think. Well i think the hunting crowd has made good points and some of the anti hunting crowd has a few points so now I will add my 2 cents in. Common arguments are that animals cannot defend themselves, men who hunt are trying to make up for a small penis, or most of us just are into killing. One things for sure animals cannot defend themselves but what does that have to do with someone shooting and eating them?? That is a stupid point. Animals are under us in the food chain except for the occasional exception. For some reason people who eat vegtables only want to push their poor eating habist on others...I really dont get that. Dont they understand that plants too are alive?? Guess not. Small penis? Right wanna compare?Most hunters whom eat there kill DO enjoy the killing. Its part of life, part of the way things go. To take part and have amazing skills that minimize the pain an animal endures is the sport part of it. Less than what I can say for the slaughter houses in which they kill animals inhumanly especially in Kosher slaughter houses. And to jslades comment:Tell you what, you go into the woods with your gun, after while i'll come in with mine." The object is for you to not end up mounted on my wall. That would be a sport, both have a chance of winning" I really dont think you would want to do that...That is they type of ignorance somone would spew who makes out with their own dog or whom would regard their pets lives as higher than that of a human. People like this should be avoided because they have some type of mental illness. Ever notice how vegans are pasty white and look sick? Becuase they are sick they are not getting the nutrients that a human needs...they have to take amino acid pills etc. And its funny how vegan's have an issue showering or no offence seem to smell a lil funny. Not making fun of you vegy murdering people but it does seem quite common. Anyway ill post later I got a few back straps Im going to go cook up
 southernlass
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/20/2009 4:58:08 PM
I have very strong feelings about this because I'm an avid animal lover.

I support hunters in the true sense of the word. Those hunters who are good shots, who know what they're doing, who utilize everything from their kill, who care about the animals they hunt, who hunt in as humanely a way as possible, I support.

At one point, I thought I would never be able to date a hunter because I love animals so much, but I have sense rethought this and considered that with this current economy and if things worsen, experienced expert hunters are going to be in great demand. I don't believe I'm personally capable of killing an animal so I'm glad to know those who can. These folk are going to come in handy in the future.

As for sport hunters? Or inexperienced weekend hunters who booze it up and go on a murderous rampage of waste, calling that hunting? I think these are despicable, repulsive creatures that make me utterly sick to my stomach to know or think about.
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:04:58 PM

Ever notice how vegans are pasty white and look sick? Becuase they are sick they are not getting the nutrients that a human needs...they have to take amino acid pills etc. And its funny how vegan's have an issue showering or no offence seem to smell a lil funny.

Then i should thank every body though my life who is too polite to tell me how bad I smell. lol
 junipermoon
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:23:31 PM

You would need a ten foot high fence along every road

yes. that's what i'd like to see.

I have SEEN at least ten deer get hit yet i have never hit one.

you're lucky.

For some reason it always seems to be the moron that passes me at 65 after dark.

ok. i've never hit a deer. however, i've been hit by deer twice. they come flying out of the woods and slam into the side of the vehicle. it doesn't matter how carefully you drive when that happens.

so now i drive at about 35 mph on the backcountry roads in the winter. but i know i can still get hit. so i avoid those roads unless i have perfect visibility.
 Tribal_Superman
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:23:37 PM
Its a booger being on the other side of the fence isnt it? Bashing of hunters seems to be quite common with those who murder vegetables. While I am probably being an arse I do like to sometimes reverse the tables a little bit ..kinda lower myself down to the other peoples standards if you will. I personally dont care if you kill vegetables for your food or not. Thats something that the anti-hunting crowd should look into. Let people do what they want or face the same ugly face that you to sometimes show. I have killed well over 200 deer. Every shot typically ends up with a fast kill and no issues but every now and then shit happens. I much rather would like to see a deer killed for food than by a car. Dont worry Pssssst I wont bash you just turning the tables on some of your hard core pals . Pass that A-1
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:31:04 PM

Ah love you really need to learn about just how well animals can defend themselves. When you go hunting you take the risk of being attacks and even possibly killed by these giant beast. Have you ever even seen a moose? Huge creatures that could either stamp you to death or beat you to death with it's antler.s

Yes, there would be a danger. This is why hunters sneak around and attack from distance and with high power weapon, so the animal can not defend.

Yes, you can defend against an armed person who sneak in your back yard also, but your chances are not good to survive.
 Tribal_Superman
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:48:05 PM
Lexy you are arguing about something completly stupid. What is your point about an animal being able to defend itself or not?? Hunting is not about going out with an axe and attacking an animal 10 times your size...would be stupid right? So whats the difference? If animals were smarter than humans they would make their own weapons but they arn't so they are under us on the food chain End of story.
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:52:30 PM
Lexy you are arguing about something completly stupid. What is your point about an animal being able to defend itself or not??

I quoted the part that I was reply to. Reread this.
 raxarsr
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 7:19:42 PM
many anti hunters think of animals as people....thx to walt disney......the fact is....most animals are food.....there are relitively small nimbers of predators......trouble it....humans are scared of the preditors..plus.....its a lot easier for a predator to kill domesticated stock.....so...humans got rid of the predators

another big thing is..........you dont need to shoot something to have a successfull hunt.......a hunt is successful when you have the chance to shoot...............after that....its your choice.........

the meat is fantastic............it tests my skills,,,,,,and its something i enjoy....if you dont agree....fine......you dont know what your missing,,,,,but fine...............personally....i detest ballet dancing, opera and figure skateing...............but i'll never protest anyones right to enjoy those pastimes........so please dont protest mine
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/20/2009 7:20:26 PM

We all use our God given abilities to defend ourselves. As humans we are not particularly strong, have big teeth,claws or hooves but we were given a big brain in order to out think our prey. So since we don't have the advantages say a bear has we have to use our brains to think of some way to bring down such a large and fearsome beast.

Yes, hunters use their relative intelligence to negate the animal ability to defend. So it is fair to say an animal can not defend themself against hunter. Was my only point.
 shmodzilla
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/20/2009 7:27:02 PM
I wasn't aware that hunting suddenly was supposed to be a UFC cage match. Why is there no uproar over fishing? Slimy,smelly stinky brainless fish haven't touched the hearts like cute fuzzy bunnies i am guessing? I guess it's only wrong to kill cute animals.
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/20/2009 7:34:10 PM
I wasn't aware that hunting suddenly was supposed to be a UFC cage match. Why is there no uproar over fishing? Slimy,smelly stinky brainless fish haven't touched the hearts like cute fuzzy bunnies i am guessing? I guess it's only wrong to kill cute animals.

Because the topic is hunting. To me is the same.

VVV Hunting and fishing is the same to me.
 shmodzilla
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/20/2009 7:39:06 PM
Ok what is the same? That narrows nothing down
 shmodzilla
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/20/2009 7:54:39 PM
How can you after it was pointed out how defenseless these sea kittens are. I'm done with these built for trolling threads for now. I'll leave the "vegans" in their little world believeing they don't kill as many animals as hunters because they don't eat meat. Try and take away that double mocha latte though and watch out.
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/20/2009 8:06:37 PM

How can you after it was pointed out how defenseless these sea kittens are. I'm done with these built for trolling threads for now. I'll leave the "vegans" in their little world believeing they don't kill as many animals as hunters because they don't eat meat. Try and take away that double mocha latte though and watch out.

By definition, a vegan would not drink a latte with real milk. :)
 Hawk8414
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/20/2009 8:14:47 PM
I like Bambi sausage and burgers!
 TheHomestead
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/22/2009 4:53:13 PM
You know it funny as heck to me the anti hunter crowd. For one thing it is normally a divorce woman that is trying to get back at a ex boyfriend.

Let see some famous animal rights people in American Charles Manson was quote in jail house interview saying "the family" was the beginning of the extreme animal rights movement in America. Great cult leader for you to follow.

Then we have the lunatic in charge of PETA this is too funny all the gullible silly people in the US donate money to this group but reality (Karma) smacks you right in the face when you look at the web site petakillsanimals. com it appears the lunatic fringe of PETA in 2007 killed 90% of the animals they took in that year. LOL and the gullible cult followers are still donating money to them . LOL too funny! As more people lose their jobs hunting will increase. Reality and karma has a way of smacking people up side the head.

Understand freedom I have the freedom to hunt you have the freedom not too. I don't want a law forcing you to hunt. So don't steal my freedom by attacking hunters and trying to pass laws to stop me from hunting.

Peace and mind your own business.
 Tribal_Superman
Msg: 46
Why are SO MANY people against hunting?
Posted: 2/22/2009 5:55:44 PM
Sepia777 Has obviously been in a box. I think its obvious your connection with reality is very limited. I dont know how you could defend your position on hunting when you are lacking reality . Humans are animals and animals kill. Wether or not I can grab a bag of natchos instead of killing is up to me. I hunt for many reasons but mostly because I dont like food that I have not seen made. There is so many harmful things in the stuff we eat its not even funny. Im not going to waste my time on you anyway ...it would be a waste.
 CanonPeach
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/22/2009 7:50:04 PM
**Note: None of the Statements or links below come from PETA.

If you buy your meat at a grocery store, you are supporting one of the cruelest industries around. Factory farming. The animal lives in a cage it's entire life. Hogs give birth in tiny cages and often smother the piglets, simply because there isn't room to move in the cage. They are fed hormones, antibiotics and ground up animal parts. Did you know that "Mad Cow Disease" stemmed from the practice of feeding ground beef by-products, back to the cows?

Buy your meat from a local small farmer. Better yet, invest in a livestock share with someone. You'll know what isn't in your meat.

Factory pork production: http://www.farmsanctuary.org/issues/factoryfarming/pork/gestationcrates.html

Factory dairy production: http://www.farmsanctuary.org/issues/factoryfarming/dairy/

Read this and THEN tell me it's much crueler to hunt, Moreno works in a slaughterhouse:

""This is detailed in a Washington Post article, which describes typical slaughterplant conditions:

The cattle were supposed to be dead before they got to Moreno. But too often they weren't.

They blink. They make noises, he said softly. The head moves, the eyes are wide and looking around. Still Moreno would cut. On bad days, he says, dozens of animals reached his station clearly alive and conscious. Some would survive as far as the tail cutter, the belly ripper, the hide puller. They die, said Moreno, piece by piece...

"In plants all over the United States, this happens on a daily basis," said Lester Friedlander, a veterinarian and formerly chief government inspector at a Pennsylvania hamburger plant. "I've seen it happen. And I've talked to other veterinarians. They feel it's out of control."

The U.S. Department of Agriculture oversees the treatment of animals in meat plants, but enforcement of the law varies dramatically. While a few plants have been forced to halt production for a few hours because of alleged animal cruelty, such sanctions are rare.""

Phfffttt, and you thought hunting was cruel?
 SAguy_06
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/23/2009 6:57:36 AM

It is very rare for a deer or any game to die instantly from a shot. Its like when you cut off the heads of chickens, nerves and adrenaline keep it "alive" and running for about 10 seconds. Same thing with a deer or other large game but much more because its a bigger animal.

I dont know many hunters going for head shots.

most shots are to the organs...lungs.

most hunters like to take a photo of there prize...a pair of antlers with a gaping whole in the center is hard to photoshop
 liljester
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/23/2009 8:24:12 AM
I am against hunting anything that isn't harming anyone or anything. The only exception would be to get food for basic survival if you were that desperate.

Ok, so I like the planet and hate seeing it trashed. Label me a tree hugger, I don't care. Would rather be a tree hugger than a barry bot
 Samurai41
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 11:39:07 AM
I dont hunt.

I was in the miltary , and after hunting people, deer just dont compare.

I dislike trophey hunters. But even trophey hunters donate the meat. Pretty much every animal that gets killed by a hunter gets eaten by someone or something.

The thing to remember is, we killed off the predators. The wolves and bears and cougers that used to keep the populations in check? they are gone. Without the predators, millions of animals starve due to over population.

that is a fact, no one can dispute it.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why are some people against hunting? [CLOSED Thread]