Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why are some people against hunting? [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 raxarsr
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Why are some people against hunting?Page 4 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
why do some people think that us hunters are all about killing things?........people..........a successful hunt doesnt end with killing something...........that is perhaps the least important thing............yes.....animals die and get eaten.........but any hunter will agree that the hunt is a complete success when you have the oppurtounity the take the shot.....................pulling the trigger has nothing to do with it......and many times....you dont even need the chance to shoot to have a successful hunt.............case inpoint.once while turkey hunting in the spring........didnt see a turkey.......didnt hear any either..........but i did get to watch a doe give birth to twin fawns........it was one of the best hunts i've ever had

i'm not saying i dont harvest game..because i do......and everything i harvest...with the exception of groundhogs is eaten.....the groundhogs i shoot are at the request of farmers

you folks have to quit assigning human traits to animals....because.......there isnt an animal in the world that gives a hoot if another animal kills you

also.........yes indeed the anti's are not only willing...........but do indeed quite ofter stage pictures or other acts to further their agenda.....much like peta........who every year.has siezed animals.......the last time i believe it was 20,000 rabbits being raised for meat......only to kill them..apparently....its ok to kill animals as long as theres no enjoyment of any kind.....or theres no use made of the various parts..[meat and skins]

theres also a group in the outerbanks of north carolina..who wants to ban all off road vehicle use and access to the beaches by fishermen......to save the piping plover...............now.....none of the fishermen disagreed with this.......even though vast expanses of the beaches were declared off limits....simply because they "might" attract plovers..........fences were erected............and at the last minite..a clause was added that stated...."if any fences were damaged or destroyed[supposedly by the fishermen]....then the entire area would be closed.........2 days after the fences were erected...........quite a few were torn down.......resulting in the entire area being closed........the "enviormental" groups who fought for the closures happily admitted that they did indeed commit the vandalism.....but "so what"......the beaches were closed...........so yes indeed......the "antis"not only condone stageing things to make their oppisition look bad.......they happily engage in doing it to get their way

one final point..people who abuse animals.......break game and fish laws arent hunters, fishermen or "sportsmen"....they are criminals......any every real outdoorsman knows this
 SAguy_06
Msg: 77
Why are some people against hunting?
Posted: 3/9/2009 2:38:47 PM

Diverticulosis occurs when individuals develop small pouches in their colon that bulge outward through weak spots, almost like an inner tube that pokes through weak places in a tire. These pouches are called diverticula. It is thought that half of all Americans age 60 to 80, and almost everyone over age 80, have diverticulosis. Diverticulitis occurs when the pouches become infected or inflamed. This happens in 10 to 25 percent of people with diverticulosis.

What causes the infection or inflammation in diverticulitis is uncertain although stool or bacteria c caught in the diverticula is suspected.

Junk science...come at me hard with facts...Where does it state un-digested MEAT...

That goes for you too Colon Blow...
 shmodzilla
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/9/2009 3:30:40 PM
But not as fast as we might confuse people that dont hunt wearing leather jackets and accessories as cows.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/9/2009 4:16:15 PM

It's not so much that the meat is undigestable, but that it , along with other low fibre foods, can get trapped in pockets in the colon

These are your own words...Show me that quote from you website that prove your words...

you didnt say "Stool" you said...Un-digested meat-as if it were a lump of meat stuck in your colon...

Stool is a combination of EVERYTHING you put in your mouth...even vegetables.

Lets not play Tit For Tat...you believe that meat gets stuck in your stomach for years...I believe in the simple science of the Digestive System...
 TheToefactor
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/9/2009 4:59:43 PM

Meat comes from the grocery store..lmao.... ya for city folk~ out here we eat deer,rabbit, even squirrel, ill pass on some other critters, I PLAN ON HUNTING TURKEY THIS APRIL... YUM!!!!

Did you say squirrel?!! Why do I feel like a I took a wrong turn and have ended up in the heart of the appalachian mountains.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/9/2009 6:38:26 PM
We have 5 municipal Golf courses which could produce alot of salad stuff...

OH NO i got golfers and gofers after me now...

We got the Land... We dont have the water...We are in the midst of a drought, our lawns are crispy brown...area Lakes are at low levels...Where do we get the water for all these farms?
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 8:18:13 PM
just so people know that 70 percent of all water in the USA is used for livestock
and 60 percent of all grain is used to feed livestock but i suppose it will never matter to the selfish ones until it starts to affect their familes and kids right ...

not in my back yard as they say

and guess who is buying up resevoirs and lakess for their use

but people are so busy with their own dillemas

i liked some of the replies i am nota tree hugger and seriously believe that hunters have no guts why do they not hunt each other and see who is the beter hunter
after all****cheney tried it on his friend

i have met hunters and they are usually just louts who are drunks and go hunting to get away for their nagging wives mind you if a iwas married to a nag i would probably be a redneck who lies to drink to i have to sympathise with that ...maybe there is a sub conscious connections between shooting a defenceless deer and the nagging wife ....................

its the macho thing for men to hang around with other men sitting around a campfire eating beans and farting in unison goes back to the cowboy days

of course somone has to keep the last american made product alive ...hunting supplies
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/9/2009 10:52:49 PM

If the entire planet turned vegetarian or vegan there would not be enough land to grow the vegetables necessary to feed everyone.

I get a feeling you are still under the impression that vegans or vegetarians eat only vegetables. I may eat more vegetables than most healthy meat-eating people, but is not so much greater than should be in your own diet. For mostly, vegetables are not what replace meat.
 shmodzilla
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/10/2009 6:43:45 AM
I love when people try to classify that outdoor loving,camping ,hunting is this great redneck waste of time. I'm sure the big city life of sitting around a bar watching "the game" is so much better use of human time. The only people i have ever met that hate camping, hate shooting, hate hunting are the ones who have never actually tried it. I must have invited 30 females to a day of shooting who have never shot and every one of them loved it to death. The only time i hated it is when they turn in to better shots that me :(

Banana Anna

I use to know a girl who works for a animal rights group. She was a true vegan and i was pretty impressed with the food she came up with. It was fun to watch her in the store digging through foods to find the ones with zero animal product in it. She was very cool though,not aa pusher at all and could care less about what others decided. They were not ones trying to shut down meat, just the disgusting cruel factories. Anyway ,properly done she had some great meals done.
 EmbraceHug
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/10/2009 7:10:27 AM
I'm only for hunting for food. If it's for sport, I find it sick and cruel.
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/10/2009 7:55:44 AM

What exactly are you replacing your meat with if not fruits and vegetables?

Nuts, seeds, legumes, grains, fruits and vegetables.

If they mean something like tofu products well the thing is tofu is made from soy beans so it is vegetables.

Soybean is legume.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/10/2009 8:51:26 AM
Of all the things I have in my home to eat and drink, meat makes up a small percentage.
and of the meat products I have, red meats make up a small percentage of that.

If I removed meat form my diet, I would not have to supplement my diet with anything...

Breakfast
banana/ raisin oatmeal
toasted bread and coffee

Lunch
A. L. T. sandwich {avacado lettuce and tomato}
Tomato soup

Dinner
Cheese Enchiladas
spanish rice
refried beans
salad

I choose to eat meat..
 Samurai41
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2009 3:04:50 PM
you cant fix stupid.....

"i have met hunters and they are usually just louts who are drunks and go hunting to get away for their nagging wives mind you if a iwas married to a nag i would probably be a redneck who lies to drink to i have to sympathise with that ...maybe there is a sub conscious connections between shooting a defenceless deer and the nagging wife ....................

its the macho thing for men to hang around with other men sitting around a campfire eating beans and farting in unison goes back to the cowboy days "
 SAguy_06
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/10/2009 5:25:11 PM
You didnt find it curious that Crohnes website was selling dietary supplements...what science website tries to sell you Colon Blow?

nice try...your argument is moot until you can site a real scientific study that states as its conclusion that meat stays undigested in your gut for years...

That was the origninal quote I questioned...What point your trying to prove has me lost, you're all over the place.
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2009 3:18:46 PM
when john wayne died ...AKA marion white or whatever marions name ws

they found 10 lb of ,eat in his guts
nice one cowboy

they never found beans and rice or tomatoes or cuccumber ....oh no that would be brokeback mountian movie
encheladas or plantais

nope sirreeeee meat carcass...oh well thank go they do not charge dead people by the pound huh !!!!!!!!!!

those day will come soon
 scottishexile2008
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Pros & cons of ingesting roast beast....
Posted: 3/12/2009 10:57:25 AM
thank you cable guy i knew it was a womans name though i was not sure of his last name ...did not matter as i would not be sending him a xmas card anytime soon
 LinuxD
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2009 12:06:59 PM
It appears that MOST people who are ANTI hunting,truly do not know the amount of forethought,planning,respect for nature and life that sportsmen have. And I'd bet most are also city dwellers insulated from the "horrors" that their meat they purchase all so cleanly wrapped and displayed in a grocery store goes thru before it is killed. If you love veal and think it is just fabulous go to a farm where it is raised.. I saw it one time and never have touched a piece of veal in my life. Yet I have no problem stalking a deer in the woods,hunting squirrels,rabbits,quail or turkey. Wild life is healthy to eat and if managed properley insures it's continued existence. When i say sportsmen I am referring to true sportsmen.. NOT some weekend warrior from down state who when season opens loads up with his buddies and drive up north to deer camp to start a 2 week drunk fest and take potshots at anything that moves. I was raised and schooled by my father and grandfather in the proper use of a gun,how to have respect for anothers property,knowing when you should let your game go,because you are not 100 percent sure that there is no one that could possibly get hit if you miss. Being able to track your prey if you dont get a clean kill as not to leave a suffering animal and you only kill what you eat,or if deemed a nuisance animal you thin them down to proper levels,not eradicate the species. Just my two cents. If you are not a hunter,great I don't have to worry about you shooting me while I am deer hunting. If you THINK you are a hunter then you are the ones I worry about.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/12/2009 4:59:29 PM
Did he just say they found 10 pounds of man meat in Marilyn Monroe?
 torgo70
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 6:57:42 AM

People who eat a balanced vegetarian diet are HEALTHIER and live longer than those who are meat eaters.

Wow, I didn't realize that all those people in their 80's, 90's, and 100's were all vegetarians and vegans. I wish someone would have told my grandfather that he shouldn't have been a meat eater, he might have lived past 98.
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/13/2009 7:13:36 AM
^^^^ Because there are example of people who live past 100 and smoke cigarettes, this must proove that cigarettes are healthy.

Regardless of who is correct about the health of eating meat, your argument is flawed.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:20:16 AM

I wish someone would have told my grandfather that he shouldn't have been a meat eater, he might have lived past 98.

is not an arguement...its not even an opinion.

an arguement would be like...My grandfather ate meat and lived to 98 y.o.; all people eating meat will live to 98.

or My grandfather lived to be 98. If he didnt eat meat, he would have lived longer. [opinion]...no way to prove it yes or no.
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:01:31 PM
I'm not against hunting. There are certain advantages to being at the top of the food chain.

All of the hunters I know love wildlife and do no abuse its natural habitat.
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/14/2009 7:42:49 AM

Please refer to my previous post and Google P.E.T.A. and really look at where your checkbook charity money is going. Think about how many highly paid people work there. Most of their work is put into coming up with ways to get even more money by using emotion and guilt tripping to bilk people out of their money.

"Anti-hunter", "animal right activist", "vegan", "vegetarian", "animal lover" are all term that do not equal "PETA supporter"

Logical fallacies? Such big words! Latin, oh ah!

Latin is commenly use in many language, including English. Regardless of your ad hominem attempt.
 LexyAlexia
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/14/2009 7:56:38 AM

Would you care to elaborate on what equates to a PETA supporter?

A person who agree with their practice and principles or contribute to them. A vegan as myself can disagree with what they do.

I was making an ad hominem attempt? Please translate for us poor folk that do not speak Latin so I can understand what attempt I was trying to make.

Ad Hominem is an argument that attack the person (her usage of Latin) than the relavent parts of the discussion.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why are some people against hunting? [CLOSED Thread]