Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 readthedamnprofile
Msg: 39
at almost 40 how do you stay modern with out sacrificing moralsPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Unless you are trying to date a twenty year old why would you have to act like one to attract a partner? People of similiar ages often share similiar points of view on life. My clubbing days are long over for instance and I would run a thousand miles to get away from a man my age that thought hanging out in a bar every weekend was still fun. I also do not listen to any kind of music just because it is in style. I listen to what I like. Same goes for clothing, behaviour and attitudes. I am not going to suddenly start acting like I did back in university in order to get attention.

Act your own age, dress in a stylish but age appropriate manner, talk about things that are important to you, listen to whatever music makes you happy. In other words, be yourself.
Msg: 40
at almost 40 how do you stay modern with out sacrificing morals
Posted: 9/19/2010 4:14:16 PM
I don't like to dance.I never have,so obviously dancing is not important to all women.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2010 7:47:37 AM

Quit worrying about what other people think.

It's called compassion, not vanity.

See I have this curse that I mentioned before, although it's difficult to be this open about it even among friends.

I'm actually the best dancer in the world, right up there at the top honestly.

Until someone looks at me....

Then I look like a middle aged guy having some type of stroke.

Damn, that genie. Be careful what you wish for.....and be PRECISE when you get a wish granted.

There's also that loud drunken atmosphere at clubs, not to mention that music that I can't typically relate to.

On a plus note, on my bucket list is a desire to learn to tango - or at least try. You can thank "Scent of A Woman" for that one.

Whoo-ah.
 rick1146
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/23/2010 12:45:32 PM
its not about sacrifice.we are all adults.its about,having fun no matter what u do.
as an example i went out last night to a club for a b-day party for a friend(woman).it was a pajama theme party.lots of other friends guys/gals,and the band wore p.j's.
it wasn't a private party,so lots there weren't dressed in jammies.you know what happened.i had people come up to me say.you guys rock.you are all having fun!its contagious.we are having so uch fun,watching ,plus getting to know you.
you see,its all about life,enjoying it!riding the wave!
by the wat,we also played twister.i actually won once,lol.awsome time!....rick
 a_wiseguy67
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/7/2010 6:41:24 PM

my question is simple want to have fun and all but not look like an idiot doing it.for exsample some music i find disturbing but you dont want to seem up tight where is the balance and is there one?like dancing but not looking like a 20 something with grey hair?and why is dancing so important to women any way?

Who said you have to revert back to your 20 something college days? Most of the women I have dated have been in their 40s and were fun but at the same time refined. I don't need to have my woman act like she's 20 because I'm not 20.
 Tina002
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/14/2010 12:14:14 AM
When I go out to clubs, I am not going to pick anyone up nor vise versa... I am going to have a few drinks, talk to friends and just have fun. I love to dance, I love to dance at clubs alot, get all wild and crazy sometimes... I dont care what anyone thinks. I am not there to impress anyone, nor get their approval... I am 40 and that is what I do
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/14/2010 11:57:36 AM
Depends on what you mean by modern?

Some consider modern texting so much your thumbs get double jointed; some it means clubbing every night till 3 am, picking people up right left and sideways...

If by modern you mean try and do exactly what the 20 somethings do, why?

If I want to go to a club, I'd do it because it's where friends want to go and we want to let our hair down and have fun; I can do that easily without sacrificing any morals. Because I can have an absolute blast without doing anything to change who I am.

You keep active, keep trying new things, stay with things you love and are passionate about; stay high energy and enjoy the living he** out of what you do, without worrying about any of the stupid stereotypes, assumptions or anything else. And people are who they are morals wise; as long as people are true to who they are adn what they believe; there is no sacrifice to be made to morals in living your loves and your passions activity-wise... if you don't believe in sleeping around; then you go out; you have fun and you go home, alone. No sweat. For those who don't feel it is immoral to do that, well they can do what they want to; it's being true to onesself. Not doing something to make yourself an age because you think you're "supposed" to do it; it won't work; it will just make a person feel bad about themselves.

So let down your hair, enjoy, keep branching out and trying new things; keep doing things one loves, and just BE, and enjoy the he** out of it; what can be more modern than that? That should be true for any age.
 damassteel
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2010 11:49:11 AM
I just don't get how some of my contemporaries became such old farts.
At 51 I started dance lessons in Salsa and by 53, I was dancing pro and semi-pro.
It has proven to be a lasting passion in my life and I still go out dancing at Least 3 times weekly.
I wouldn't even consider dating a woman that didn't dance and dance well; It's just too important to me.
Having been involved on the teaching end of dance as well, the main thing I see in men is a fear of being GRACEFUL. Some men are just way too concerned about what they look like doing it instead of abandoning themselves to the pure joy of movement and music.

This whole thread is ample proof to me that there are so many worlds out here that never seem to touch even tangentially. My world of utter dance fever and pleasure would I'm sure to the OP seem as strange as strange can be...imagine, a world(My world)where people of all kinds enjoy rhythmic movement and grace, with no hangups of any kind!!!
 3prong
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/20/2010 3:27:23 PM
I'm not really a very good dancer for rock or rap, but I am getting quite skilled at two stepping and polka's (little bit of swing). I just love it! Those are the only dances I get up to do and I don't feel bad about not dancing to the other stuff. You can two step to almost any music. And honestly, watching people dance, I'm more impressed with watching a partnered dance. I also don't ever feel pressured into dancing if I'm going out (I be 38).
 milklover
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/28/2010 11:12:06 AM
Eventually you have to realize that the culture you live in changes every 10 years or so. There's nothing wrong with rolling along with it. You can do that and still be yourself, but rolling along with it opens you up to new things, some good and some bad. I'd rather roll with it and open myself to new things. Change is good.
 vita_bella
Msg: 49
view profile
History
give dance a chance!
Posted: 12/11/2010 11:11:39 AM

Because if a guy can move on the dance floor, if he had excellent rhthym while dancing, that means he has it in other places. Women know this.

according to a recent study conducted at a local senior citizen home, the way a person dances (moves their body) is the way they will respond to you in a sexual situation

I really wish people will stop propagating this notion! It is not true and all it does is discourage men from giving dance a chance ©. I speak from experience.

A good dancer is more likely to be more comfortable with his/her body but it says nothing about their willingness to please their partner which we all know is the key.
 asdf1960
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/31/2010 12:24:21 PM
Be who you are. All I can say is keep on fishing
 DallasSBF
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/2/2011 6:16:41 AM

Meet someone who likes what you like and the problem is solved. [ quote]

AMEN how simply is this??? The best thing about the net dating is the least used quality. The profile. The chance to tell the world what your likes/ dislikes are. I am often shocked at the number of guys who contact me who have NONE of my interests. It is as if all that matters is looks. I get the feeling the OP is dating simply cause they like the picture rather than the person.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >