Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > CALIF VEHICLE REGISTRATION...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OldFolkie
Msg: 26
view profile
History
CALIF VEHICLE REGISTRATION...Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Apologies proferred, Momi.
There is nothing wrong with being a WASP or any other racial/religious orientation. I should probably have stayed with the idea of Orange County children of the wealthy, of whatever color or religion, actually having to work for a living.

I believe I will maintain the belief that the children of the middle and upper class will not work in the fields to pick our cabbage, no matter what work ethic ideals you've instilled. You are welcome to convince me that today's suburban middle class children are actually able, not to mention willing, to work for a living doing hard, manual labor necessary to provide the produce you and I buy at Von's. I, in my personal life, have seen no evidence for that suppostion, and in fact direct evidence to the contrary...would you care to make a guess at how many teens/young adults are living with Mommy and/or Daddy in California today, rather than actually go out and find a j0b?

Your own teens are exemplary. They have a great Mom who has given them structure and values in their lives. But...is the same true for your neighbors?

I think not.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 27
view profile
History
CALIF VEHICLE REGISTRATION...
Posted: 2/22/2009 10:31:41 PM
And once again, generalizations are being made... not everyone who lives in Orange County is wealthy. When I visit there, I do see a lot of kids working, in markets, gas stations and fast food.

I am a sick to death of the hippie fueled, bullsh1t liberal attitudes that everyone who has money must be inherently evil, and I am not even wealthy. It's an easy tool that they use to convince people that they cannot get ahead in this country, which is not true. Oddly, I do see people getting ahead with hard work and dedication. And nothing fuels that sort of desire to achieve, quite like having to dig a ditch or clean the steam table for a few years.

Realistically, it will be teens living in rural/agricultural areas that would be doing that. They are not the children of the upper and middle classes for the most part. There is a a lot of manual work that is equally unpleasant in large cities and I see kids doing it. I did it when I was a kid.

Oh, and what is wrong with teens or young adults living with their parents? And yes, a lot of them work too, as well as go to school.

In a state where housing costs are unreal, it's a reality. Even a cheap, 1 bedroom apartment in Orange County (or any other large, metropolitan area in this state...) is close to $1000 a month. Minimum wages are not coming close to that, let alone not having the credit rating to rent a place to live.
 OldFolkie
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2009 11:22:59 PM
Quite right, Momi...it was wrong and "politically incorrect" of me to single out Orange County teens. And it's certainly true that people of whatever ethnic background can get ahead in this county. We need only look to the Nortenos, MS-13, and La Familia.

However, for your avereage manual laborer, whether he/she is brown, red, black, white or puce, it's a little tougher to achieve the American Dream. Or, this may just be some drug-induced, hippie-fueled Bullsh1t delusion that I'm sufferering from. What I'm hearing here is that if a young, Illegal Latino is willing to put forth the hard work and dedication, they too can move to a beach condo in La Jolla? The American Dream? So, are the minefields and 30,000 or so U.S. Army soldiers are not needed to seal off our borders?

I agree that a few years on the steam table is a huge incentive to move on to bigger and better things. My comment really was addressed to my no doubt drug/hippie induced delusion that young, non-Hispanic urban/suburban teens will not eagerly vie for employment in California's cauliflower fields once we've sealed the border with minefields and razor wire.

I do question whether there are enough young Latinos, illegal or otherwise, in rural California to meet the demands for stoop labor in our fields and farms. Whether they live with Mommy/Daddy or not. Yes, rents are high, regardless of your color/religion. So sad. So will the suburban kids of LA of whatever color, family financial status, or crede stream to the fields to pick cauliflower for the princely wages offered by growers/farmers?

I guess I'm still waiting for some sort of sensible solution from our Conservative friends. Eliminate the Illegals seems fashionable. Okay...replace that labor with who, exactly? Maybe the million or so prisoners in our Correctional system? Chain gangs...that's it!
 katerivta
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/23/2009 12:15:35 AM

Umm, if you voted for a democrat in this state... you did.

Nope,twas' not me!
 mz taken
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 12:19:19 AM

When I see a person my age working at the drive through, or doing some other minimum wage job... I have to wonder what series of poor choices landed them there.

ouch! some of us geriatric born-again-employees were "kempt" wives that found ourselves thrust into the workforce to put food on the table, books in our college students hands, and have taken whatever position we can get for a money-flow coming in. as a "volunteer mom" I was fortunate to have been offered a full-time clerical position when I found myself faced without an income and two sons to support. sure, a degree or two would truly enhance our/my station in life, but I don't anticipate that happening any time soon. the adage "it takes money to make money" is unfortunately very true.
 tattooed_pariah
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/23/2009 12:46:46 AM

If they are trying to chase your car off the road, it's because it is a gross polluter. It does not, or cannot meet smog standards... it has nothing to do with their personal opinion of your beloved bug. I can see from the perspective that if everyone did that, it would be a real problem. However, few enough pimp the old cars.

uhm.. as I said in my post, my car runs cleaner than most modern cars.. so it's not a gross polluter...
 indianbob
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 5:17:53 AM
Let's start with a non-California border crossing tax. All non-Cal registered cars that cross into California should have to pay a 5 dollar entry fee from any other state and $10 from another country. If you want a 50% discount you have to pass the same registration requirement residents have to. This would include insurance too.
No child that does not reside in the state would be allowed to attend school and schools that break the rules would be held accountable.
Lottery would be split 10-15-75. 10% would cover any and all costs for running the lottery. Let's face it the machines are paid for, the people running it are just ripping us off. If they don't like it I'm sure there would be plenty of others willing to take up the cause. 15% to the winners circle and the other 75% would actually go to the school system.
As for illegals, well instead of sending them back to their country of origin. How about sending them to Quantanamo, (it's going to be available soon)? We don't have to lock them up and if they want to invade Cuba let'em. Who knows, maybe they would liberate , oh who am I kidding they don't have the balls to fix the countries they are from. Let them just run amuck, I'm sure the coyotes could find a way to Florida. Either way they're not our problem anymore. Maybe that's just the kick in the butt Florida needs to start charging property tax to pay for all those huricanes.
Just some random thoughts.

Later,
Bob
 CaliStevo
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/24/2009 12:22:09 AM

However, few enough pimp the old cars.

WRONG.......The market for older VW's has driven the prices thru the roof! the older they are, the more they cost.... I've seen 1950's VW buses go for $100-150,000!! yep! Restored and in better than new condition. The "hobby" is still strong, and the gas price spike, helped boost the "hobby"

Try finding a good rust free ,clean, older VW for under $5 grand, hell I got $5 grand wrapped up in my engine alone! With ZERO pollution emitted
I've been into VW's for 30+ years, and ALL my restored/custom VW's ran cleaner than a brand new vehicle off the assembly line.

The "Smog" fantasy, has went on well over 30 years. And after all the $$ Californians have been duped out of over the years,our L.A. basin smog is STILL the same ugly ass brown haze as ever. And now this "Global warming" crap they're shoving down our throats? Please! We go thru yearly climate cycles, each different than the last. Hey! didn't Al Gore create that too?

TheSamba.com the worlds BIBLE to the VW hobby
 Mominatrix
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 1:37:16 AM
Actually, the smog in LA is not the same... I lived there when I was kid. I used to look down from our window, during some days in summer... you could not see the Equitable building.

Thirty years of stringent air quality regulations have dramatically decreased the amount of smog, until in 2004, they stalled... apparently the population growth is causing another problem.

http://www.ioe.ucla.edu/media/files/arthur_SoCal.pdf

My son has a VW bug. After we saw one that had gotten into an accident on the freeway, we now refer to it as the "screaming little death machine." We are trying to finish fixing it up and selling it for a safer vehicle for him to drive.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/24/2009 2:42:44 AM

I am a sick to death of the hippie fueled, bullsh1t liberal attitudes that everyone who has money must be inherently evil, and I am not even wealthy. It's an easy tool that they use to convince people that they cannot get ahead in this country, which is not true. Oddly, I do see people getting ahead with hard work and dedication. And nothing fuels that sort of desire to achieve, quite like having to dig a ditch or clean the steam table for a few years.

Well, I don't think it's the hippies who fueled that. It's the liberal cant, though--liberal guilt.

There's nothing odd about seeing people get ahead with hard work, dedication, and a willingness to learn on the job.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/24/2009 9:13:51 AM

There's nothing odd about seeing people get ahead with hard work, dedication, and a willingness to learn on the job.

OK, here's the hippie coming out in me. I don't like the term "get ahead." Who is it exactly that I'm supposed to get ahead of?

I like "prosper" a whole lot better. That leaves room for everyone else to prosper as well. So ... there's nothing odd about seeing people prosper with hard work, dedication, and a willingness to learn on the job.

I know, it's nit picky, but it's been bugging me. I feel much better now!
 matchlight
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 10:34:06 AM
We'd all do better, if not for the staggering burden the several million aliens who live in California unlawfully impose. K-12 education, welfare, food stamps, and hospital care are only the most obvious ways they cost the rest of us.

They also cost us in ways that are less obvious, but no less real--through the direct costs of more crime, and the indirect cost of insuring property against it; by decreasing property values; by the excess demand they place on roads, sewers, and other physical infrastructure; by increasing air and water pollution; and by artificially depressing the price of unskilled and semi-skilled labor. The claim illegal aliens do jobs Americans won't do ignores this last cost. If they weren't here, Americans *would* do any and all those jobs at some higher price, just as they did before.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 1:18:04 PM
Our budget in California, is wildly out of control and has been for years. And oddly, no one seemed to care until now, when revenues are down. Very little time in media coverage is given to what goes on in our state government, when it's often far more important to us than what is going on nationally.

The senate majority leader was whining about cuts made to the budget in the Sacramento Bee the other day, but understand when they say the word "cuts," they might not actually mean "cuts," but the might just mean that a program did not get it's prescribed yearly budget increase.

Everything in the economy, causes a ripple that affects other things in the economy. Nothing exists in a vacuum.

Doubling the vehicle tax and increasing state sales taxes, will serve to dampen new car sales. There is one huge industry in trouble. Let alone the people who are barely making it to begin with, being forced to cough up more money to maintain what they already have. Both are targeted within this construct.

Increased sales tax will also dampen retail sales, which are already below annual averages... another industry is harmed.

This spells more lay offs for businesses already struggling to survive in this state, not all of these are evil huge corporations, many of them are family owned small businesses. Less jobs = less money to go around.

Both of these taxes might increase revenue the first year... but as new car sales and retail sales fall, this will cease. It's not a long term solution to the problems here, by any stretch of the imagination. It's not even a good short term solution.

If you do not believe that illegal immigration is a huge part of our current budget woes in this state, if you cannot see that asking the citizens who try to survive here legally, to pay more to support a population that is here illegally, you are just plain stupid.

It's not just that they do the jobs for less, they also do them under the table and not reported, meaning the money is not taxed. That is tax evasion, a crime. Part of this money is sent by wire to Mexico, so not every dollar that they make stimulates our economy. That's merely a big problem.

Then the unreported income they make is not taken into consideration when it comes to awarding welfare benefits. That's fraud. Another crime.

When you immigrate here legally, you are required to have a sponsor to get in the door. If you were to sponsor an immigrant, you would accept legal responsibility for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant until they become U.S. citizens or can be credited with 40 quarters of work. If the immigrant receives any "means-tested public benefits," you would be responsible for repaying the cost of those benefits to the agency that provided them. If you do not repay the debt, the agency can sue you in court to get the money owed.

This would include:

Food Stamps, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and the State Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP). States/local jurisdictions may also designate certain of their programs as means-tested public benefits.

It does not include emergency Medicaid, immunization (that benefits the public as a whole), or emergency service relief, and the school lunch program.

Given that LA County is paying out $1 billion a year for people that are here illegally, and that is just one county in the state... what do you think the costs are on a statewide basis? If they were here legally, the government would have some recourse to recover some of those funds.

Where does the term "illegal" come from? They are breaking laws and therefore, criminals. If you were to emigrate to Mexico illegally and got caught, you would be immediately jailed and deported. Yet they expect us to take their citizens, feed them if they cannot feed themselves, give them housing assistance, give them grants to educate themselves, and provide them with medical care. And if we complain, we are accused of being racists or heartless conservatives. Somehow we are viewed as evil for wanting to make sure that our citizens are taken care of, first and foremost. When that is the purpose of our government, isn't it?

If they are Swedish or Russian and here illegally... I feel the exact same way. It has nothing to do with their ethnicity. However, Swedes and Russians are not wandering across the borders willy nilly. If they are here illegally, they overstayed their visa. I don't care where an illegal immigrant is actually from, it's the principle of the circumventing the laws that were put in place to serve and protect our citizens. And a government that is not guarding our borders and enforcing laws already on the books, is not doing their job.

They are here illegally. And the people who are actually the maddest about this, happen to be the ones who took the time and did the paperwork to come here legally.
 matchlight
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 4:06:02 PM
Mominatrix,
I agree. And yes, it is a crime for aliens to enter the U.S. and remain without the required documents. To be fair, though, I want to point out that it's what's sometimes called an "administrative" crime--sort of like operating a business without a license. That's why the usual remedy is deportation, which the Supreme Court has held is not punishment for a crime.

However, a deported alien who re-enters the U.S. is committing a federal felony. The travesty is that the government doesn't ordinarily prosecute aliens even for *this* crime, but instead just deports them again. They should be prosecuted, and if convicted (likely, since the charge seems much harder to defend against than to prove) made to serve the full sentence in a U.S. prison. Only then should the U.S. deport them a second time. If this were standard procedure, it would make most aliens stay home once deported. I'm sure that would be well worth the cost of any new prisons we might need to build.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2009 4:39:10 PM
And unlike Folkie's suggestion of rounding them up or whatever:
So, I guess I'm asking what your Conservative solutions might be? Massive Police sweeps to find the Illegals. Then, Concentration Camps for the Illegals we arrest until we can throw them back over the Border? Sixteen hundred miles of Minefields and razor wire, with Infantry and Armored support to "eliminate" the threat as they try to climb a fence? I'm trying hard not to be close-minded about the problem.
This frankly is just an attempt to paint someone who is concerned about the problem as being fascists or racists... it's inflammatory and does not take into consideration anything resembling fact.

Instead, I would quote Congressmen Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA), who has been a standard bearer for the rights of California citizens with regards to illegal immigration issues. He is a pretty brave guy, especially for a politician... and has voted against his own party numerous time when it comes to guest worker or amnesty programs:
[T]here is an alternative to mass deportation or just giving amnesty or legalization. It's called attrition. It means that when people come here, we should not provide them free education, free health care, free services…. No, if you deny them those things and you deny them jobs, first of all, people will hear that overseas and they will quit coming. Those who are already here illegally will find it hard to get by, and eventually, slowly but surely they will eventually go home….It is not massive deportation, it is not legalization. It is the one thing that will work.
The residents of California spoke loud and clear when they voted for Prop 197 by a 58.8% margin. When it went to the Ninth Circuit for an appeal, Davis made the decision to drop the case and go to mediation in 1999.
 katerivta
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/24/2009 5:21:59 PM
Yet they expect us to take their citizens, feed them if they cannot feed themselves, give them housing assistance, give them grants to educate themselves, and provide them with medical care.

?

Ummm...what evidence do you have that "they" expect us to take "their" citizens and feed them ect.,? I think people in general "expect" economic social justice. The fact that "we" allow "their" citizens to come here and "prosper" (nice comment, Ace) is because "they" are good for the economic interests of "some" people in this country, nothing more, nothing less because I don't see Mexico literally demanding anything of us--as you have suggested Momi. We bear the burden of all of the companies in the US who turn a blind eye to illegal working status. Once the equivalent of the cotton gin is invented so as to reduce the need for cheap labor that originates from the southern portions of this continent, then we won't have a big problem that inspires citizens to focus on prosecuting desperate people who risk their lives to get here. Why such a hyper focus on the poor individuals who are willing to break laws to make money? Why not focus on their employers who are just as willing to do the same thing and nip the problem in the bud? We don't need to build more prisons for people who take up US employers on their offer to employ them! Geewiz.

Anyway, to keep my post somewhat on topic, the lure for non-residents to work in the US for companies who employ them results in higher, DMV enforced, auto insurance rates in the state of CA, among other states.

Fix why they come, and they won't come to tinker with our economic "balance." Its simple. Enough of threatening to lock human beings like cattle. Lock their employers up first, then see how quickly things change.

This frankly is just an attempt to paint someone who is concerned about the problem as being fascists or racists... it's inflammatory and does not take into consideration anything resembling fact.

Its actually a bunch of huff and puff that keeps thousands of citizens eyes on the individuals who come to work instead of the EMPLOYERS who employ them.
 JackDiamond312
Msg: 42
view profile
History
CALIF VEHICLE REGISTRATION...HUH?
Posted: 2/24/2009 11:14:56 PM
This thread sure took a twist. It really makes me wonder if the right and left could agree on anything? At the DMV when you register your cars... are there separate lines for liberals and conservatives? America has become more bias than a baseball game between Boston and New York.

OF... do you really think Conservatives want to nuke the illegals from Mexico at the border? come on... not really... right?

We have serious problems in this country... and around the world. A person can't even cross a street if his left foot won't use the cross walk and his right foot won't leave the sidewalk.

No one is right, and no one is wrong... problem is everyone thinks they're right and the other guy is wrong.

We make laws to determine what is right and wrong... but we see that laws don't matter, still people opposite the law can win. It isn't what's right, it's who has the loudest voice... squeakiest wheel... the most pull. This will trump the truth every time... and it's sad.

But being a Laker fan.... They never foul, travel or step out of bounds.... No.. seriously.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 43
CALIF VEHICLE REGISTRATION...HUH?
Posted: 2/25/2009 11:31:33 AM
Hey Jack,

Your point is well taken that we can't work together or get creative if we're polarized.

With that being said, my offer still stands. Unfortunately, it still offends everybody:

Let's end the drug war, and use the money instead to fund the most effective means of enforcing our borders: investigating and punishing employers of illegal aliens as well as deporting those they hire.

Let's regulate and tax recreational drugs, and use the funds to mitigate the negative social consequences of the trade by funding rehab centers for those who fall into addiction. Not everyone does you know. Excess revenues could be used to fund greater access to health care.

I know I'm probably a minority of 1, but I'd back that plan and feel OK about paying my car registration knowing my government was actually doing its job.

What do you think?
 lostincali
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/25/2009 5:28:25 PM
Since when did state's become parents?

Since Californians keep voting for liberal politicians,they think we are too stupid to take care of ourselves.
The tax increases suck but at least they cut some spending.
BTW:didn't we get rid of Davis because of the registration fees?
 lostincali
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/25/2009 5:32:38 PM
Let's end the drug war, and use the money instead to fund the most effective means of enforcing our borders: investigating and punishing employers of illegal aliens as well as deporting those they hire.

The two are intertwined,the DEA just made a big bust nationwide and arrested Mexican nationals.Even if we legalized marijuana in the US thousands of Mexicans would still be killed every year.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29389404/
I say we end the drug use,without demand there will be no supply.
Speaking of illegal aliens,it appears that one killed Shandra Levy.
 katerivta
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/25/2009 5:44:56 PM

But, it would be easier to end the supply, more so than nonconservatively stepping into the lives of others and trying like hell to end drug use. THAT is never going to happen. And, it also contradicts everything conservatives stand for. Like you said, "Since Californians keep voting for liberal politicians,they think we are too stupid to take care of ourselves." Why should those who choose to abuse drugs be treated like they are too stupid to take care of themselves? Functional addicts, many of them, exist already. Heck, just look at how the psychiatric industry is helping the pharmaceutical industry promote pills for those who are feeling a little down or anxious! The pill popper tv commercials are simply generating tremendous profits off of mankind's common inability to cope without some kind of substance to lean on and no one is stopping this new drug abuse trend (talk about contributing to the new breed of addicts...kids who were prescribed Ritalin (methylphenidate) turned out to be more likely to grow up to be junkies, according to many studies that have begun to expose pill abuse. And, to this day, not one person in the field of medicine has a test to check this mythical brain thing called a "chemical imbalance." Its all a bunch of hogwash! Its just legalized drug use, most of the time! How many people pop legalized sedatives? I'm sure we all have met one. ) Anyway...

I'm not saying toss community based drug rehab programs, but, I am saying, what use is it to "end drug use" when individuals are using their liberty to do so? I think this approach infringes on the rights of autonomous individuals, and, the need to "fix" the psyche and behavior of individuals absolutely borders on a socialist orientation to others. If people want to use drugs, let them. Soon enough, they will realize its not the way to live a happy life, or not. That is part of being grown and making choices for one's self! How could someone with a conservative ideology NOT support the inherent freedom we all have to choose to use drugs or live a good life by learning to cope with ups and downs? Conservative drug abuse policies are often seriously hypocritical.

Regarding Shandra Levy, I'm sorry to hear that. I guess a big ol' wave of rage against illegal aliens is scheduled soon?
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/26/2009 12:44:56 AM

The two are intertwined,the DEA just made a big bust nationwide and arrested Mexican nationals.Even if we legalized marijuana in the US thousands of Mexicans would still be killed every year.

Yes, they are intertwined. That's why I proffered the deal. If there is no market for illegal drugs in the US, the Mexican gangs will have to figure out some other way to make money because those funds will have dried up.

Hmmm ... And how exactly do we do that? Do we ... throw the functional addicts in jail and make them felons for simple possession?

Who's going to pay for that?

Any good conservative knows that if there is a demand, a supply will develop--legally or illegally. When it comes to recreational drugs, that aspect of the culture war has already been lost--like it or not. It doesn't matter how many people we jail. Like rock and roll, recreational drugs are here to stay. Not that I particularly advocate them, but as government programs go, the effort to suppress demand is a complete waste of taxpayer dollars. It does not make us any safer, exacerbates crime, undermines our rights, and has made us the nation with the highest per capita prison population in the world.
 SuperJesse1986
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2009 7:13:00 PM
Get off your high horse mominatrix! You are no better than anyone else. Maybe you should be the one behind the drive up window. Then you might have a little compassion.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2009 8:47:14 PM
The discussion here is not about drug laws. The discussion is about the tax increases in California.

While many states are trying to deal with budget problems, none are nearly as large as California’s problem relative to its size--$41 billion in a state of 37 million legal residents, or $1,108 per resident. Even New York, the next most fiscally endangered state, clocks in with a mere $13 billion for 19 million residents, $685 per capita.

There’s good reason why most states won’t drop into the fiscal black hole that California lurks in. This is a state whose politicians, illegal alien organizations, private advocacy groups, lobbyists and public sector unions and have been living in a delusional world of spending like drunken sailors on shore leave, discouraging investments through taxation regulations and slapping the hands of businesses, effectively eliminating jobs.

Since it has become evident to me that I am one of the only people that actually reads the Sacramento Bee (which is pretty much the only paper in the state that covers the capitol)... I will pass on today's story about the Proposition 1A (for the May ballot) and how the legislature has completely omitted the information that while it is masquerading as a budget limiting package, it will trigger massive tax increases of $14 billion from 2011 through 2013.

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1653962.html?mi_rss=Top%20Stories

I encourage everyone to read the article, if they want to know about the shenanigans that have led to this. It's just one example, but it's indicative of what is going on up there.
 pirateheaven
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2009 9:13:38 PM
mominatrix said

There’s good reason why most states won’t drop into the fiscal black hole that California lurks in. This is a state whose politicians, illegal alien organizations, private advocacy groups, lobbyists and public sector unions and have been living in a delusional world of spending like drunken sailors on shore leave, discouraging investments through taxation regulations and slapping the hands of businesses, effectively eliminating jobs.

That is a concise description of the situation. First the "legislature" kills off jobs and encourages companies to move out of state and then they wonder why revenue is down.

They spend money they haven't got to pander to special interest groups even to non citizens who cannot legally vote.

Is it time for another tea party yet?
Show ALL Forums  > California  > CALIF VEHICLE REGISTRATION...