Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 26
Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

I enjoy women in my own age bracket as friends although I do not find them sexually attractive or otherwise suitable to date. Perhaps when I hit 80 a sixty year old will interest me. A friend of mine at 75 married a woman 55. He is now 80 and she is 60. They are very happy together and make a fine couple!

Wow, you are 66 and want to date women between the ages of 33 and 47. I find it very interesting. I am going to turn 52 in a few days and would think of you as being too old for me to date, and you think I am too old. I am not sure why but I think that is beyond funny. So what you can do is keep all of the women between the age of 33 and 47 busy, and that will free up all the men in that age group for me. ha ha ha

golferman
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.
Posted: 2/28/2009 8:34:40 AM
I'm 60 and try to stay within 10 years of my age, but as we get older, I don't think 10 or 15 years is a huge difference. I mainly want someone that can enjoy the activities I enjoy. I'm very healthy, very active, I run, I hike, I ride a bike, I'm a walking golfer. A lot of women my age are content to sit on their butts all day or just aren't healthy enough to do the things I like to do. The same goes for some men. You just have to find someone with like interests and lifestyles.
 Passionate_Cher
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2009 12:11:26 PM
My problem seems to be that what I have found with Men that retire after being in a profession that is demanding mentally and physically is...they think they have earned the "Right" to purchase that Huge "Flat Screen" TV...Huge double stuffed "Recliner" and Velcro the "Remote Control" to their sleeve...and there the sit watching Golf, Football, Basketball on their "HD" Sports channel!!!

Maybe I should lower my age range...
 DivineBovine
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2009 10:26:25 AM
^^^55 and up?

there are men messaging me who are 3, 5 years younger than me who look older!

i used to hear that women age poorly all the time (my part-time job is in the makeup business), now, i don't think that's true at all.
 Gaddflye
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/1/2009 3:54:31 PM
Most of the mothers of the women I date are in their sixties; a few are in their seventies. The mothers seem all right as far as exchanging pleasantries. I almost always get along wih a date's mother and always with her father. Sometimes a women I am dating enjoys going out to dinner, a musical performance or even church where her parents meet us there. That seems to work out just fine but I usually only socialize with a dating partner's parents occasionally. If and under what circumstances we socialize with her parents depends more on the relationship a date has with her parents than anything else.
 ankkka
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/1/2009 4:20:31 PM
Hmmm...I think soon you will spend more time with parents...than with their daughters...
 Gaddflye
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/1/2009 4:36:51 PM
I don't know about spending more time with the parents. That has yet to happen. However, sometimes a younger sister hits on me. Most recently a 41 year old's married 38 year old sister was pretty obvious about it. I thought it was a set up. Besides, the older sister is one of the hottest women I have dated recently and I really like her and would not breach her trust anyway.
 strawberi50
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/2/2009 12:24:46 PM
Oh...I don't know...I feel it's on both sides....but really there are alot of men out there that do investigate the women a little more regardless of age and the "man-made list of pre-qualifications." (sounds like a credit card scam) lol...I feel older women are attractive at their age if they feel they are and act accordingly... and those men older or younger will find them and be compatible. I feel that compatibility at an older age is a desireable trait for both sides....:)) Robin
 professora
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 6:35:18 PM
Appreciate all the comments to my post.

This age is incredibly interesting!
 mistyblue111
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/2/2009 9:58:14 PM
I can;t believe that so many people in here are hung up on looks. I find that extremely one dimensional. There is so much more to a person than that ouside appearance. If you only go for those who you find very attractive you may be missing out on a really great person. Loving, compassionate. witty and charming people don't always appear so. You need an exchange of views with them to find out what they are really like.
When I was much youn ger I dated a man that was considered rather ugly but he was so much fun to be with and I fell hard for him. Unfortunately I came with baggage a tiny baby son from my first marriage and he didn't want someone else's son.. I told him we are a package deal so that was the end of that.
I still think about him from time to time but 3 more kids later (all grown now and out of the nest).. I am single again but even if I met this guy somewhere and he was single too I would not date him. It is absolutely abhorant to me that he would ask me to give up my baby for him. What kind of mother would do that? Thanks for listening.
To follow the thread I find that men my age are looking mostly for younger woman. So I don't agree with the person who started this thread. It has been my experience that no one is interested now that I am 63 yeas old. It is an odd thing but if you end up dating someone that you didn't find attractive at the outset when you fall for him suddenly you see him as absolutely downright the most handsome man of all.
 strawberi50
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/3/2009 4:30:06 AM
You are so right about that last line....That old saying "pretty is as pretty does" really is true. It is amazing how a person will look to you after getting to know them...! I think it's their soul shining through the lining! :))

Robin
 Passionate_Cher
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 12:10:44 PM
FINALLY...a Man in his 60's realizing that these Pretty YOUNG things are looking at their wallets not at them...I wish more Men your age, trikertommy would wake up to that fact!
I know that it is an "Ego" booster for these Men...but, the reality is that Women in their own age range are the "Real" thing...most of the time we have all of our "Ducks-n-a Row"!...and just want someone to share that with!!

santa3129
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/3/2009 1:25:47 PM
Of course it's true. We look for maturity and security at that age. Looking for love with a little lust thown in for good measure. My daughter is 32 and I love her dearl, but I don't want to date her friends! Like, what would we have, like, in common?
 Gaddflye
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/3/2009 6:22:12 PM
I never date my 37 year old daughter's friends. That would be in very bad taste. She has gotten to know a few women with whom I was in LTRs who were about her age, though. She is now ok with me dating women close to her age but it took her a while to adjust.
 rustytraveler
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:08:37 PM
I have had the most interesting last 6 months.

I am 62 and find that many men in my age bracket seem to finally prefer women more or less their same age?

Is anyone else finding this true?

Not yet .... but I'll be 60 in August so I'll let you know.

So far it's been the rearguards and gaddflys that hold the majority vote.... they can, so they do. Wish I could stomach the 30 yr olds... but I keep expecting them to ask me if I could iron their shirts and fix em a sandwich . I guess these older guys never have these Oedipal problems because they never had to change their sons diapers etc., different generation right? .

I am curious to know if over 60 will be the point at which these younger women stop chasing these guys and the wannabe studs finally figure out they 've reached the end of the line..... I guess we're just in time to change diapers again ladies. Sounds exciting doesn't it?
 OldFolkie
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:27:32 PM
Hey! I resemble that remark! I've changed more than a few diapers in years gone by. Kinda miss it, actually. Anyway, some of us old geezers really, and I mean really, do appreciate a woman who's lived a life that parallels the times and changes we've gone through. It gives us some things to talk about, ya know? I've personally got nothing against the perky thighs and effervecesent bubbliness (bubblihood?....giddy silliness?) of the young, but I am MUCH more comfortable with a woman who remembers the songs that I do, that remembers where she was when Armstrong walked on the Moon....just sayin'....
 rustytraveler
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 10:58:01 PM
Oh Sweet Music Man you know that you'll never be lumped in with the 'Averages' ! And frankly this old gal has plenty of bubbles left, but they do tend to go flat in the water without some agitation .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgMEPk6fvpg

Bfriends4now
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2009 8:10:50 PM
I am 60 1/2 [ugh]. I look at women 40 and under for about 5-10 seconds. Sure, they are sometimes stunning. But!!!!, at that age they are supposed to be stunning.

I really!!!!!!!!! enjoy women my age or even older if they look good. Weight consciuness[which i am the first to admit I am not good at controlling], wearing attractive clothes { i do well] , little details like attractive, simple jewelry, stylish shoes [ not your great aunt's] a nice hairstyle, and a lack of grey hair. The wrinkles [for the most part] mean nothing, and an extra 15 pounds is OK. There are women 45 years old who [unfortunatly for them] cant pass this simple test!!! I was once madly in love with a South American woman seven years older than me who to this day excels at looking fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profesora, you are correct, we are at an interesting age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rearguard*2
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:39:49 AM
Some of the most enticing women I have ever met are over 60. Of course, while its relatively easy to find a 40 something woman to date a 60 year old man, its not easy at all to find a 60 year old woman who wants to date a 60 year old man. Not because of the man's age, but simply because they are not longer that motivated or interested in dating.
 kpooks
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2009 9:38:40 AM
Not 60 for 16 more years, so I'll letcha know when I get there lol...

I imagine there is a certain pull to identify with someone who shares the same thoughts and physical issues...for men who don't delude themselves into thinking they're teenagers anymore.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/1/2009 11:32:42 AM
A lot of men in the "over sixty" age bracket are looking for women who have been "untouched by women's lib", as it was phrased to me....so it would make sense for them to look for female partners in the 60++ age bracket....

And a lot of them get a "bitter" (to them), surprise, when they find out that a lot of 60+++ women have been "tainted by women's lib", and are independent ladies who are looking for a partner, and not a boss!
 7iron
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/1/2009 12:16:39 PM
Give me a break brownlady, women's lib, as we know it, began in the 1960's and I for one, having been raised by a single mom, was glad to see it. I was in a 40 year marriage with a very accomplished woman who was my equal in every way. If there is a baby boomer woman out there that can tell me she wasn't privvy to the women's liberation at least 30 years ago let her speak up and prove me wrong.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2009 2:20:23 PM
There are women's libbers, and women's libbers...

The ones in their 60s that are still living back in the '60s, and there lots, are the ones that turn me off. Life and thought has evolved, and for the better, I think. It would take a pretty wierd man to want to go back to the '60s thinking, and a really strange on who wanted to follow the myth that the previous generation to the flower power generation lived and a situation of abject oppression of women. Times were different, the economy was MUCH better, and the work associated with daily life was completely different.

Most would want a modern woman, to live a modern lifestyle...
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/1/2009 2:21:53 PM
7 iron, I am very well aware of when so-called "women's lib" began.....for African-American women, as far back as slavery days, it was "no thing" for us to be "liberated", if liberation meant working alongside men.

I was only reflecting what had been said to me.....I think that there are still a few men who are 60+ who are intimidated by accomplished women who are their equals....maybe because of the conservative area that I live in.....the heart of PA Dutch Country.

I don't think the "problem", as such, is with women not being comfortable being "liberated", it is with "men" who are uncomfortable with independent women. Kuduos to you, for being one of those "secure" men.
 7iron
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/1/2009 3:29:27 PM
Well thank you brownlady, I feel secure. As far as the men who are intimidated by accomplished women who are their equals, well that's probably the reason they're single. I'm not here by fault or choice and I'd love to have the last ten years back like they were talking about in another thread I read on here yesterday.

7iron
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.