Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VoxClamantis
Msg: 51
Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.Page 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Well, men over sixty like YOU, OP.

It's easy to see why.
 miraclgal
Msg: 52
Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:32:29 PM
I turned 50 a few months ago and started getting so many emails from men 60-74. My father passed at age 75 and a young looking handsome 75. Its too creepy when they look older than he did.
 strollinbella
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/2/2009 4:29:58 AM
I'm in agreement with Ismene on this one. If a man is looking at me as second choice, upon realizing that the women he prefers are not interested in me, then he is not of interest to me at all.

Whether the man is 10 years younger than me, or 10 years older, is really not relevant. What matters to me is that we have the same values, similar interests and goals, etc.

Not into having a relationship with a man who doesn't believe in compromise. The old "my way or the highway" attitude will send me running the other way.

By the way, the timing of this thread couldn't have been better for me. The two men I am interested in at the moment are both older than 60.
 Gaddflye
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/2/2009 4:49:23 AM
Recently I was on vacation and had the option of chossing among four women as companions on a group trip. They were 66, 64, 50 and 35. I ended up with the 35 year old. The 66 year old was a very nice, well dressed, educated and intelligent widow who would perhaps make a nice friend but she was asexual to me. The 64 year old was a little perkier and had paired up with another guy, also my age, but she kept making moves on me when he was not around. I do not go for that and she did not atttract me either so I shooed her away although he caught on and was pretty pissed with her. The 50 year old had a better body than the 35 year old but an unappealing face. The 35 year old was a little on the chubby side, but not too much, and had a very pretty face so she was the one. This is just how things work for me at 66.
 altotermite
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/2/2009 5:34:01 AM
I would prefer a woman who sixty plus and just like me, but that my dearest heart is quite impossible. So far so good!!!.... Just sixty and still immature!
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/2/2009 6:43:26 PM
Keykeper, and Quintessential, how well I relate to what both of you have said!
 Gaddflye
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:45:51 PM
Just yesterday I was in a small local branch library and noticed two women, probably in their mid seventies sitting side by side. As I was browsing the shelves near them they started to converse about the goings on at a weekly dance they regularly attend one night each week. It may be at the local senior citizens' center, I do not know. Needless to say, they were grousing about how the men at these dances always want to dance with the younger women there. They proceeded to slam one man who liked to dance closely with a younger women who attends these shindigs. One went on to say that this guy rarely asked the woman speaking to dance and when he did he held her away from him. This man's behavior rankled this woman and her companion. All I can say is that men in their seventies seem to prefer younger women, too, and that the women their age are unhappy about it, at least according to what I overheard.
 el lagarto
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:00:35 PM
More agism talk . Some men over 60 do - some don't . We each have our own reference points . And aging is SO far from what it used to be - there are some truly hot folks of either gender , and all ages well beyond 50-60-and up . Just kinda fuzzies the borders and makes things more interesting !
 rearguard*2
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2009 6:35:16 AM
On the other hand, having a steady relationship with a working person certainly leave one a lot of time to look into other interests while she is at work, while relieving the stress of "dating".

I do agree, however, that one of the big issues about being retired is that there are relatively few people in a similar situation unless you get into the late 60s, 70s age group, and then relationships tend to get tied up in "organ recitals"...
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/6/2009 6:18:08 AM
You are correct, Springer. Relationships between the "retired" and "still working full time and will be for awhile" are fraught with complications.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:52:12 AM
ObamaDemocrat, you may have a valid point, there....my daughter has been urging me for the last five years to "go younger", but I have been resistant.......but when I look at men of my own age, most of the time I am thinking, "UGH".............and it gets worse when I converse with them.......

They seem bitter, grouchy, and sometimes downright mean and condescending......
 pleasurelimits
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:58:38 AM
I have long dated women some years younger than I am, up to 20 actually, I admit I was a bit concerned that the sex drive would have gone with women in their 50's and the drive to just live life, have now fallen in love with a women who really does 'complete me' and I love it, big lesson.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 8:16:22 AM
At any age, you need to find a woman that is interested in and capable of leading the kind of lifestyle that you find appealing. If she happens to be the same age, great, otherwise, if she is interested, who cares about her age. You can't really make a relationship that is not working out work out, so really, there is nothing to worry about in all this.

While there are surely some who date based on physical appearance, I find that after a relatively short period in a working relationship, physical appearance tends to become something your don't really notice much. Its only really dramatic changes that you notice in people who you know well, and often you really can't even put your finger on what the changes are until they tell you.

What I find about this thread is that so many of the posters comment on how for them, age matters, and by implication, it should matter for everyone. I read a lot of stuff from people who clearly have no idea about what they talk, but feel its important to publish their own feelings.

I personally know spectacular 60 and 70 year olds, and also 40 year olds that have a hard time walking up the stairs to the shopping center. Being a fit type of guy, I find the former appealing, the latter just plain sad. Age has nothing to do with it.....
 LoveTheThunder
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/26/2011 5:08:01 PM
I'm not in my 60's but just generally speaking, I have always preferred someone close to my own age. If I crack a joke about Disco music, or make a reference to Sanford and Son, I don't want to have to explain it. Try doing that with a 30-something..
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 9:36:49 PM
Many men run into women's profiles that state their upper age they will date is below their stated age. We don't care. Many women will ultimately say they don't care but will continue to post topics on this subject or post comments as in this topic. Why is it such a huge issue?
 smokincigars
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:16:22 PM
I'm 62 and prefer to meet women my own age, more or less. If I like her profile (both pic and narrative) and she's anywhere within reasonable driving distance, I'm interested.

What grabs my attention? Mainly, a mature-but-youthful outlook. Sadly, many women seem to accept "getting old" too soon and too readily. They narrow their range of interests, or they become risk-averse when it comes to dating and social activities, or maybe they just become concerned about appearing "respectable" to their friends and family -- especially their children and grandchildren. As a result, most of the women I have dated in the past have been at least a few years younger than me.
 ClaireChristine
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/26/2011 11:39:44 PM
Yes I think they want someone around their own age as they know that there are less expectations especially sexually. The pressure to perform and keep up with a younger hottie is very stressmaking.. Also they cant attract the more nubile woman if they are not financially well off....A woman can bring a few assets more than likely to the relationships if she is divorced or widowed and a very comfortable life can be had.
Not to mention that women are looking younger these days with all the cosmetic help available and better diet all around...More fitness conscious.. 60 is the new 50 etc.
Also people of the same generation have so much more in common.
 ClaireChristine
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/26/2011 11:43:52 PM
Yes I am finding that as I am semi retired I have quite a bit of spare time that a man who is still working full time does not have to give....THis has been a problem with the last few dates.....So a man of 60 or more who is retired can travel or just take off for a country week end or a spur of the moment movie or dinner... Also the children have left home hopefully and dont cause the problems that having kids at home can create.
 unclezeus
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/27/2011 2:58:15 AM

Is anyone else finding this true?

No.

Usually it means they have no choice, they can not attract the young woman.
 hoyos
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/27/2011 10:51:38 AM

unclezeus: Usually it means they have no choice, they can not attract the young woman.

Wrong.
I'm 60 and the long time x-GF was 41. It's not the age but how well 2 people connect on many levels. Unlike you tho, my horizon is much more focused then simply wanting a woman solely for sex.
 Rain587
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/27/2011 11:55:43 AM
There will always be men in any age group that has their preferences even if we think they need to look at themselves and get real.

My GF and I were looking at who all contacted us so far and saw a pattern. For men my age I received a lot of Fu Mancho Harley riders, couch potatoes, and sexual offers. The ones nearing 60 and over actually hold a good conversation with me and we share, laugh, and have a wide range of interest.

I too am keeping an open mind and not eliminating any age. To each their own and wish them happiness and luck.
 Rain587
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/27/2011 7:32:19 PM
We were talking about why a specific age group and "type" would be contacting us like with me it's been a lot of bikers. My profile just has the word motorcycles in the interest area. I never once said I owned or rode bikes (I do have a license and owned several BTW.)

They are probably contacting everyone no matter who they are. I'm not complaining. Just over analyzing again.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/2/2011 8:37:27 PM
I find that but as long as you dont look sixty of course.. Not many want the polyester wearing, grandmotherly arthritic, white haired, type....lol!! As long as you are trim, maybe botoxed and fashionably dressed, dye your hair etc lol!!

....THey feel that we wont be as demanding sexually as a younger woman and be more understanding and may have more to bring to the financial table..

:
 ted61
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/6/2011 11:31:41 AM
Horsedung! I don't know any over 60 age man who wouldn't give his right arm to find a beautiful, tall, slim, blonde nymphomaniac, that has an old man fetish!
 smilingrock
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/5/2012 6:10:23 AM
Mother Nature is not kind to women as they age. A man is a visual person so an older women may not look as appetizing after having kids and hormonal changes. Yes I prefer a younger woman for that reason. At 40 we all should have learned about life, academics, responsibility etc...

Yes that football helmet hairdo with hairspray definitely is a turnoff...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.