Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smilingrock
Msg: 101
Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Computer crashed here and the new Acer has windows 7 on it. My old video cam does not work with this set up. Will get my friend to take some pics with his digital camera. Got nothing to hide here. LOL
 smilingrock
Msg: 102
Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.
Posted: 4/6/2012 3:11:45 PM

Hmmmm. . . if I open this link, will it give my spanking brand new laptop some vile disease what is it virus? red death? the bubonic computer plague????

Ok ok its the Numa Numa dance song for Christ sakes. If you are weirded out by the link just google numa numa dance song. Latest craze on the net. Similar to the Makarima dance a while back.

Boy bet you run background checks and credit reports on prospective dates. LMFAO
 LovToSail
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2012 6:01:53 PM
To Johnisogyr posted on 8/25/2011....

Wow...what is the issue with women your own age? Inquiring minds want to know.
You may have no idea what you're missing out on! I see you set your minimum age @ 30...much younger. Some of us older females really do have our act together, body, mind, and financially too.
 Luv_Lyfe
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/7/2012 9:47:04 AM
Although I certainly enjoy the company of some of the women in my age bracket (70) dating any of them is inconceivable! As long as I am able I will choose to date women at least 15 years younger than my current age. When I hit 80 I will probably have to make 60 the maximum age of women I will consider dating.
 Ready_Real
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/7/2012 10:48:26 AM

Although I certainly enjoy the company of some of the women in my age bracket (70) dating any of them is inconceivable! As long as I am able I will choose to date women at least 15 years younger than my current age. When I hit 80 I will probably have to make 60 the maximum age of women I will consider dating.

Wow! I've been swimming in this pond off and on for several years, and yours is --- indubitably, absolutely, astonishingly by far -- the most extreme degree of self-confidence gone amuck, amiss, and off the egoist charts yet to witness.

Then again. . .

you are here fishing;
you are not here fishing .

Perhaps the reality checks provided by multitudes of 45-59 year old women who would see photos of the person behind the persona would not exactly be to your liking. But this is a country for all old men. Who are Constitutionally free to wallow in delusions of grandeur whenever they choose to do so.
 not dolly
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/7/2012 12:11:18 PM
TRUE THAT! (hmmmm.... wonder if he knows that reference!)
 Balsamica
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/7/2012 1:11:15 PM
I'm not attracted to younger women as a rule, pretty but nothing in common.

I don't mind dating a woman who has grandchildren, I'm old enough to have some, too, but when they put pics of them in the profile AND they look like MY grandmother did, I draw the line.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/8/2012 7:36:26 AM

I am 59 and I have NEVER met a 70 year old man whom I would consider dating, no matter how hard he might convince me how young he looks (I have eyes) or that he can still function aptly in bed. It is inconceivable that I would date a man that old. Dating an 80 year old when I turn 60 this year is . . . well, I have no words to describe that possibility.

I was in a restaurant the other day and a 70ish man came in with a pretty oriental woman young enough to be his granddaughter. I wouldn't have dated the old fart, but he did look prosperous. Unfortunately, poor old farts have to depend on their looks and personality.
 smilingrock
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/8/2012 7:58:26 AM
Yet some women love a sugar daddy and follow him like a puppy. I remember that 90 year old guy with the 19 year old blonde with hooters that would not quit.

Most women my age scare me...
 ohenryx
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 8:54:35 AM
Luv_Lyfe:

One of the more ridiculous things that I have read here over the last two years. And no picture. One must assume that he is either
a) Totally full of shit (i.e., a troll), or
b) Richer than Bill Gates

Gwendolyn2010:

I was in a restaurant the other day and a 70ish man came in with a pretty oriental woman young enough to be his granddaughter. I wouldn't have dated the old fart, but he did look prosperous. Unfortunately, poor old farts have to depend on their looks and personality.

Three years ago, when I first became single again, I was dating women in their 40’s. And they were not after my money, because at that time I barely had two nickels to rub together. I gradually moved up into the 50’s, which is where I stayed for quite a while. When I turned 61 a few months ago, women in their 50’s stopped contacting me. Previous to that, I was averaging two initial contacts per week from women in their 50’s, and occasionally in their early 60’s. Now the only initial contacts I receive are from women older than me. Something about 61 seems to be a cutoff point. At least for online, fortunately not in the real world. Last year I met a women at the grocery store, and we went out on several dates. I do not know her age (in real life, a gentleman does not ask). But if she was a day over 45 I’ll buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

Age is more than a number, it is an indicator. But it is not an absolute indicator. I have known women in their 40’s who looked more worn out and used up than other women in their 60’s. Yesterday afternoon, I had a coffee meet with a woman who is 69. She could easily pass for 10 or 15 years younger, and we had a great time, talking for hours.

Which is why I do not have an age limit on my profile. If I think you’re attractive, and you reciprocate that feeling, then let’s meet!

On edit: could one of the mods fix the long line that is screwing up word wrap on this page? Most annoying.
 smilingrock
Msg: 111
Posted: 4/8/2012 3:20:19 PM
French rule is to get a women 10 yrs younger than you are.
 Luv_Lyfe
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/8/2012 3:40:06 PM
Actually, the time proven rule is to get a woman half one's age plus seven years. For me at present that works out to be a 42 year old.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2012 4:04:19 PM
Actually, the time proven rule is to get a woman half one's age plus seven years. For me at present that works out to be a 42 year old.

That rule is garbage.

According to it, I should seek out a man who is 58. That's older than my father!

No thanks
 ozarkguy
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:08:17 AM
Hey Gwen-- don't be too quick to judge. I'm usually in Spfld every week for dinner with
my very cute blonde daughter who's a senior at MSU. Since I'm 67 I guess I could be
mistaken for her grandfather.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:14:21 AM
When I think about dating a man 15-20 years older than me, and I actually see one who is, I think, "no thanks....."
 Luv_Lyfe
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:59:54 AM
Here is some info on the rule. scienceofrelationships.com/home/2011/10/4/the-dating-equation-your-age-7.html
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2012 10:16:25 AM
Here is some info on the rule. scienceofrelationships.com/home/2011/10/4/the-dating-equation-your-age-7.html

When did a preference become a rule?
All us women have to do is constantly post how we want or prefer a man 10 years younger
on dating sites and it will be picked up as a rule on some guys "scientific" research.

From the site:
"However, it doesn’t represent women’s preferences at all."

tehee Good luck with trying to use that rule.
 smilingrock
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/9/2012 10:31:55 AM
Botox was developed for a reason...
 ladyc4
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/9/2012 1:02:06 PM

but mother nature works on men as well,
and I'm guessing when she worked on some, she was pissed.

BEYOND pissed, in some cases.

All in all Mother Nature is rougher on women as they age as they start looking like a man. =(

I'll remind myself of that the next time I see a guy with a rack of magnificent moobs.

As long as I am able I will choose to date women at least 15 years younger than my current age. When I hit 80 I will probably have to make 60 the maximum age of women I will consider dating.

Yeah. OK. good luck with that.

Most women my age scare me...

Sorry to hear that you scare so easily. But then again, many "60ish or thereabouts" women don't care to deal with fainthearted men.

Age is more than a number, it is an indicator. But it is not an absolute indicator.

Indeed...and like the "Pirates' Code"-age should be more like a...guideline.

You missed a word there, didn't you? Shouldn't it read "the time WARP proven rule..."

Botox was developed for a reason...

Indeed it was...too bad it can't be injected into some people's brains to paralyze the wrinkles in their minds...oh, wait! Maybe that IS going on and it just hasn't hit the media yet?
Cindy O
 tuloa942
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/9/2012 5:00:04 PM
Wow, lots of stuff I don't want to read on here because I hate to think that "all men" in my
age range (within a few years either side of 60) really think this way. This is just sad.

To be honest, I have more in common, interest-wise, with younger men then those my age.
I can have great conversations with them and am always finding myself talking with young
men when I'm in stores, restaurants, bookstores, standing in line somewhere, etc. and many times they are the ones who start it because they see what I'm reading or whatever.
And yet, if I try to strike up any type of conversation in those same places with men my own age, they act as if I have two heads.
I'm just trying to have a conversation, FGS, not trying to get into their pants. (LOL)

Lighten up people!
 smilingrock
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/9/2012 5:08:32 PM
By using dating sites we are looking for more than a conversation. Anyone can talk to anybody...
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2012 11:04:16 AM
I can see the advantage, I don't think the older girls can get the same velocity out of a lamp or skillet....since I can't duck and dodge as fast as in my younger years, the softer, slower impact is a real plus for me.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/11/2012 8:13:34 PM

Hey Gwen-- don't be too quick to judge. I'm usually in Spfld every week for dinner with
my very cute blonde daughter who's a senior at MSU. Since I'm 67 I guess I could be
mistaken for her grandfather.

It wasn't her grandfather. Body language is pretty easy to read!
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2012 9:02:39 AM
There comes a time in life when a man can appreciate a woman that can't remember that he forgot.
 dateher55
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/13/2012 11:31:41 AM
i like that comment brown lady the only boss i need is the one at work
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.