Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 151
Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.Page 7 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

My experience of men in their 50's and 60's is they want significantly younger.
Often Asian mail order brides.

The streets are filled with older men with younger Asian wives pushing prams.

Well, in my experience and with all the guys I know in my age group, not ONE of them is with a younger Asian, let alone pushing prams. And I live in a place with a never ending supply of Asians??????

Men want younger women.

All men? Or just the ones that you see or have experiences with?

I am WILLING to connect, but there is no willingness from men, of any age. Weird.

It's not weird at all. Why? Because, again, from my experience, women in and around my age have no clue how to get a man my age to "open up". How do you think you can connect with me, if you don't have that ability?

Here's one hint.

Quit thinking this,,,,,,

Men want younger women.

Once some of us men reach a certain age, what is stated on a birth certificate means very little to us.
 45ranier
Msg: 152
Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.
Posted: 9/12/2015 8:55:07 AM
"I am WILLING to connect, but there is no willingness from men, of any age. Weird."

There are likely few older, available guys who would not want to "connect" with an attractive, younger woman or woman of their age if possible. And there is no real secret to connecting..all it takes is openness, honesty, and the desire to be part of another person's life. You have a zillion posts on here projecting an image of not wanting to entangle your life with a guy. Look within.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 153
Posted: 9/12/2015 5:22:28 PM

(BTW, Funny quote, likely not funny to everyone.

"Heaven is having a Japanese wife, a Chinese cook, a British country home and an American salary. Hell, on the other hand, is having a Chinese salary, a British cook, a Japanese house and an American wife."

Gee….I wonder why someone being referred to as “hell,” wouldn’t find that funny.

We’re “hell” because we expect something of men and don’t want our feet bound and misshapen strictly for your visual enjoyment. I bet the Japanese women don’t consider American men “heaven,” but then again, what they think hardly matters, and they’re not “paid” to speak the truth, or anything at all.

Of course, that’s that guy’s mission statement. He tells you what to want, and some people need to be told, so you’ll buy it from him. He’s a shill and a salesman, women are his commodity and loveless men are his targets.

My experience of men in their 50's and 60's is they want significantly younger.
Often Asian mail order brides.

The streets are filled with older men with younger Asian wives pushing prams.

Surely you don’t think you’re missing out. I feel sorry for these desperate women. It must be “hell” to have to sell yourself to survive. I guess it’s better than fleeing your home country on foot under threat of death.

Or is it.
 sealady111
Msg: 154
Posted: 9/12/2015 5:39:22 PM
Volcano,

You are a woman over 40, educated, fit, healthy, creative, intelligent, have a good job and can afford to pay for the niceties of life that you want to have. (Edit... plus you are child free.)

^^^^ The kiss of death.

Now if you were male????

p.s. I am all of those other than I am older and not as fit as you.
That makes it even more difficult.
It will not become easier.

pps

Surely you don’t think you’re missing out. I feel sorry for these desperate women. It must be “hell” to have to sell yourself to survive. I guess it’s better than fleeing your home country on foot under threat of death.

Or is it.

^^^ Life in Australia for a single mother on benefits, whilst not what I would choose, is a hell of a lot better than what they have back home.

Subsidised housing with modern plumbing and electricity, welfare payments, free health care, free education plus child support payments from the daddy.

Yes it must be horrible to be so desperate to 'sell' yourself to survive.

But women have been doing that for thousands of years.
The oldest profession has many guises.

vvvvvv No I disagree and have lots and lots and lots of examples of real women as proof.

MaleFeasance
Msg: 155
Posted: 9/12/2015 5:44:19 PM
You are a woman over 40, educated, fit, healthy, creative, intelligent, have a good job and can afford to pay for the niceties of life that you want to have.

^^^^ The kiss of death.
---------------
It's only the kiss of death for someone who has attributes that negate all of that.
 sealady111
Msg: 156
Posted: 9/12/2015 7:40:02 PM
Women like me can certainly get men to open up.
We can talk to anyone and get them to have a conversation.
We are extroverts.

What are the attributes that negate all of this?

Being open and honest about our situation?
Wanting a man who is similar?
Wanting to get to know someone before getting naked?

Sorry MaleFeasance ..... but we disagree.

We have 2 threads very similar.
None of the examples of 'mail order brides' would ever come up on any survey as neither the husband nor wife considers it to be that.
Both seem to be happy with the arrangement as they are both getting what they want.

I will add that I know a 'never married' lawyer who married a woman with children after his mum became older and could no longer care for his house. He was in his 50's when married. She was in her late twenties and does not work outside the home.
He is a workaholic. Very, very long hours. Drives a Ferrari.

She and her children have a safe and comfortable home.
He has a live in bed warmer and housekeeper.

Everyone happy.

Another man had numerous affairs whilst in his 50's including with younger female staff.
One became pregnant, he thought he was a super stud.

We on the outside just laughed.

Amazing how he is not as attractive to the younger women now he has 2 exes and 2 families to pay childcare.

How many more real life examples do you want?
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 157
Posted: 9/12/2015 7:45:15 PM
Los Angeles is actually an ideal location for a beta white guy to score an Asian lady. This city is teeming with Asian immigrants..you don't have to travel anywhere out of the country to find 'em..we've got large Korean enclaves, Chinese areas, all sorts. I see many beta white guy/Asian girl pairings. When I say "beta white guys" I am referring to those who may not be in the utmost echelon money wise, not the hottest, not the most outgoing..perhaps even a bit nerdy and obsessive about stuff, but the pairing works. Ideal for shy dudes. And you RARELY see the reverse. Asian guys with white girls. Funny how things work, for whatever reason.

A caveat, at least, for those pairings I know..the ladies often end up wearing the pants. No "submissive Asian lady" thing going on here. I've seen some severe cases of p*ssy whipping going on, to the point where the lady plans it all out for him..when they are to be married, how they are going to be married, when the kids will come and who he's going to be friends with. It's not always the case I'm sure, but these guys don't want to lose what they have, and Asian women are considered exotic prizes here. It's just how LA works. Everyone has their tier, their perceived value and their place.

I don't see though, men walking around divorced with their half Asian kids. I dont think all the women are just after green cards, in fact I think most of them already have them here. The women just value white men in a different way than white women value white men. I think they have a broader definition of what they actually WILL marry, as opposed to just blowing the guys off immediately, waiting for the taller, richer guy. Mr. Average will suffice, but he needs to understand she may end up being just as forceful and willful as any other woman..there is not across the board "submissive" behavior to expect. Also he needs to understand that her traditions may reign in the household, where you take your shoes off at the door, the wedding will be traditionally Korean in it's dress, etc..I have seen this happen as well. if he's OK with this, and many are, than it's a win-win.
 sealady111
Msg: 158
Posted: 9/12/2015 7:56:29 PM
Volcano, you are quite right.

Perhaps I did not make my point sufficiently clear.
The Asian women certainly make the decisions about the wedding and children plus all those other things.
Yes the wedding will be in the traditional dress of their culture.
The one described who takes money back to The Phillipines in public seems a doting wife. Apparently when she is away from him she is Dragon Lady.

BUT they ALWAYS keep the man happy AND get what they want.

Perhaps after they have babies she wants more space so they move to an area with houses rather than apartments.

Funny though.
I don't see too many old men with half Asian older children. Mainly younger.
Hmmmm.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 159
Posted: 9/12/2015 8:22:06 PM
Seems funny that everyone blames Asian women for all the problems that other women have. Did anyone ever thought that in places like china many women think that a mixed baby with a white father is healthier smarter and better looking. If you are a white woman in china you would have the pick of any man they would go nuts for you. So many of them actually want to marry outside of there race.
I find it sort of funny that when a man dates a younger woman she is after his money. There is nothing about him that might attract a woman to him except money.
There are many older women on the forum that want to date only younger guys but those guys are never after sex with them. They just date them cause they think older women are just better???
Of course no older woman is ever after a mans money, All older women have there own money. All seem to complain about poor and broke men out there and that they refuse to support a man what so ever.

I have dated Asian women and never meet one that was after my money.
I do look older then my real age and I know it. I'm not like everyone else that seem to think they look 15 year younger.
Dating an Asian girl who is 9 years younger then me and then as an Asian she looks even younger.
I got the looks and I got some snarky remarks from women around my age. About mail order GF some even asked me how much I had to pay to bring her over. Never got that when I dated a white girl who was 22 years younger, Only when dated Asian .
Never got anything even close to that from any men. I really think that so many women beat on Asians is cause they are threatened and feel that they lose the good guys. Maybe they want the rich guys to them selves?
I have dated Korean Chinese Indoasian Mexican Irish and American women.
Longest relationship I had was with American and she was only a year younger then me. She never paid once to go out or anything. Never thought twice about paying but when I dated a Korean girl I were blown away when she would invite me out or treat me to something. Or appreciate anything I would do without expecting things from me.

Let me tell you there is a huge difference in how I as a man got treated. Lets not forget that Korean American would act and treat you different then a Korean woman will or Chinese will for that matter. As a man you feel the difference and its nice. I also had more Asian women offer to pay or invite me out then American women ever did. Figure that one out when they are supposed to be after a free ride.

just my experience here in LA LA land
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 160
Posted: 9/12/2015 8:45:54 PM

I don't see though, men walking around divorced with their half Asian kids

Right here. Technically he's with his mother, but my son is half Vietnamese.

I also have a Japanese ex.

I wasn't targeting foreign women when I met them either. I met the Viet at a nightclub and the Japanese gal on Match.

I have to concur with LAGoodguy. These 2 women never were after my money. They earned less then me, but they never exhibited entitled attitudes.

They treated me very well and the marriages ended amicably for different reasons.

In retrospect, the language and culture barrier, coupled with their large families, strained things a tad.

Now, that being said...the ex from Peru? Psycho gold digger. No kind words for that one :(
 sealady111
Msg: 161
Posted: 9/12/2015 8:48:15 PM
^^^ I agree about China.

When I was there I had numerous proposals of marriage and other things a day.

Chinese men would walk up to me in the street and ask to have their photo taken with me.

At functions almost every Chinese man wanted to talk to me and have a photo.

It was an amazing experience.

Especially as I am a big woman and in heels I am often 6'1".

The professional, educated, young Chinese women that I met did not want to get married.
Especially not to a Chinese man.

The man who married the Chinese nursing student was spat at and abused by the Chinese men when he went there for a visit. They were not happy he had married one of their women.

Remembering there are many more men than women born in China.
One child policy and all that implies.

Clooney, have you ever tried a women with the same background as yourself?

I agree with Volcano.
No complaining as I have no romantic interest in the men I have described.

I wish them well. Will admit that I do laugh at some. Especially the ones who believe that it is true love when for the women it is a business transaction.

Edit...

Clooney.
Was she paying you the $50,000?

2nd Edit.

$50,000 to marry?
Pretty good. The price has gone up since I was last asked.
Back then I was offered $15,000.
But no 10 years.

Get married, prove to the authorities it is real, then divorce after a period of time.
No supporting. No sex. No cohabitating.

How can she hold you to the 10 years?
Have a vasectomy, pocket the $50,000 and look for the next one?

VolkanoKing
Msg: 162
Posted: 9/12/2015 8:51:59 PM
"Seems funny that everyone blames Asian women for all the problems that other women have."

Interesting. I've never heard anyone beating on or blaming Asian women for the problems..you mean, problems landing men?

If men want Asian women they should go for it. It seems to be an ideal arrangement for certain people. As far as I know, all the women I know who married American men work, in fact the one who married one of my best friends earns more money than he does, and he is taking care of their two kids and has adopted a more Korean way of life with the traditions and her family values.

It's certainly worked out better than his first marriage, which ended up in a hellhole of payouts and emotional battering.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/12/2015 8:52:50 PM
I've had a proposal from a gal visiting from China. $50K

They visit briefly to find a beta husband.

I wasn't interested in being financially responsible for them for TEN years. Divorced or not. TEN years.

No thanks!

Clooney, have you ever tried a women with the same background as yourself?

LMAO!

Yes, an English speaking white gal is on my short list.

I don't mention that in my profile because I don't want to sound racist.

I had 1 gf in high school and married the Peruvian at 20.

Not a lot of dating experience in my youth. Mostly marriage.

Now? Hahahahahhaa

Sealady, yes, she was offering me $50,000 to marry her.

The 10 year poison pill that came with it? No way I would risk that.

Beautiful gal, but hell no!
 Seki1949
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2015 8:53:54 PM

I see many beta white guy/Asian girl pairings.

I see this at concerts. I don't attend current pop concerts; I attend old-timey jam-band bluegrass 60ish-tribute new-song-writers old-folk-singers non-trendy concerts. Folk-a-delic, if you please.

For Asian women raised on modern pop either in English or their own language, it must all be an incompressible bitter noise. They usually don't seem happy at all while the husband is in ecstasy. I have never been attracted to this arrangement. My prediction is always the husband gets a few good years and then the Big Bill comes due for on-going misery. I sure there are genuine exceptions.

My preference for a genuine affinity for this music, makes my dating pool vanishing small. It occurs to me that I have overplayed my hand badly by aging out and may be single forever.
 Seki1949
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2015 9:11:16 PM

I wasn't interested in being financially responsible for them for TEN years. Divorced or not. TEN years.

Is that US immigration law? Under what circumstances? Particulars?
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 166
Posted: 9/12/2015 9:15:59 PM
Yes. Immigration Law.

You must sign an Affidavit of Support, basically accepting that you will help the foreigner attain citizenship status if the relationship fails.

The sponsor(s) (petitioner and joint sponsor, if any) also promise to provide the immigrant with support to reach 125% poverty level if they cannot reach it on their own, and be liable for any government need-based public assistance the immigrants gets in this time.

This obligation continues indefinitely (there is no fixed time limit) until the immigrant becomes a citizen or one of a few other conditions are met.

sealady111
Msg: 167
Posted: 9/12/2015 9:21:58 PM
There is something similar here when sponsoring someone. Not just a spouse.

Because until they become citizens (I think or maybe permanent residents) they cannot claim any welfare nor utilise Medicare. (Free medical)

If the marriage or defacto or the sponsorship ceases i.e. divorce or you split up the migrant gets deported.
Hence so many here treat their sponsor / husband very well till they get citizenship.
You also have more limited work opportunities as employers have been burned offering people in these situations a permanent job with training etc only to have them deported. It happens quite a bit.

Once you are a citizen you have the same rights as anyone else.

EXCEPT..... We are now talking about stripping people convicted of terrorism (fighting with ISIS) of their citizenship and deporting them back to somewhere else.
Provided they do have another citizenship and will not become 'stateless'.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 168
Posted: 9/12/2015 9:26:42 PM
The big problem in dating someone from a totally different back ground is communication. They don't always get the joke or something that I would just know, Now I need to explain it. After a while it can get old. I find that to be the biggest problem dating from different culture. That on its own can be a reason for a break up.

VK sometimes it does look that so many white women beat down on Asians. Makes you think about the why.

I been asked to get married a few time to different Russians women. The highest I were offered was 40,000 plus expenses.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 169
Posted: 9/12/2015 9:35:58 PM
If anyone is "beating down the Asians" its because they are jealous of 'em, which is the explanation for alot of people's poor behavior towards one another. I think you know that.

My ex husband was Mexican. He wanted to be white more than anything. Hated with a passion being connected to anything remotely Hispanic. In hindsight, this explains why he married me (white) and his current wife (also white).

OH WELL. As the Eurythmics said, "Everybody's looking for something."
 sealady111
Msg: 170
Posted: 9/12/2015 10:00:54 PM
I wonder how I would ask the men I know who have married younger Asian women in the last few years how the finances worked.
Did they pay?
Or did the woman pay?

I have heard comments that the legalities are expensive, thousands of dollars, mainly to the immigration lawyers and the flights back and forth as many of the applications have to be done overseas, but nothing about who pays.

My ex husband is Irish and we 'had' to get married so he could stay in Australia.
He was on a working holiday visa (backpacker).
I remember the meeting at the Immigration Department when I told them we were planning to get married in about 7 months. They said: "He won't be here then. If you want him to stay you have 6 weeks to get married"

So we did. Back then he automatically got permanent residency then Citizenship 2 years later.

MaleFeasance
Msg: 171
Posted: 9/12/2015 10:03:35 PM
Women like me can certainly get men to open up.
We can talk to anyone and get them to have a conversation.
We are extroverts.
--------------------
Talking a lot is not the same thing as having a conversation about something. I find that extroverts talk a lot, but don't say much.

--------------------
What are the attributes that negate all of this?
--------------------
For starters:

(1) constant negativity;
(2) blaming failure on everyone else;
(3) being self centered;

---------------
Being open and honest about our situation?
-------------
You aren't open and honest about your situation. Your situation is that you met zillions of guys and that every one of them was a flop. Your spin on that is that you are too intelligent and educated to find someone suitable, which is horseshit. That's just a way to blame other people for your own lack of introspection. My gf has a master's degree and a six figure salary. She is intelligent. She didn't have much difficulty in the date department. You aren't more intelligent or educated than she is. The fact that you want men to be impressed by your financial success and then are surprised by the men who are, says a lot. The fact that lots of women would be impressed by the things you think men should be impressed by, i.e., financial success, says a lot. The difference is that men generally know what they are buying.

-------------
Wanting a man who is similar?
-------------
No, you really deserve someone similar, but you would find someone like that completely unacceptable. I imagine you've met quite a few men who are similar, only you fail to see that similarity.

-----------
Wanting to get to know someone before getting naked?
-----------
You are resorting to a slogan to disguise the fact that you want to use sex for control and you are frustrated by not being able to do so. Sex is not difficult to get, so if you are going to make that a prize, few men are going to jump through the hoops to win it.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 172
Posted: 9/12/2015 10:09:26 PM

I wonder how I would ask the men I know who have married younger Asian women in the last few years how the finances worked.

Ask him what he eats for lunch at work :)

Are his colored clothes...dull?

The frames on his glasses...cheap?

Does he like his plastic shoes or Kirkland jeans from Costco?

Does he have a nice cable TV package?

Finally, ask him how often he's feeding her family each week...

sealady111
Msg: 173
Posted: 9/12/2015 10:15:17 PM
^^^^ Male Feance ...Wow.

Ok I am taking a break from killing weeds in the garden so here we go.

Many extroverts, myself included, love nothing more than getting a conversation going. We are the ones who often get people at a dinner table who would otherwise never talk to join in.

Constant negativity, blaming others and being self centered? Really? REALLY???

Being open and honest about our situation.
We are single, no kids, self supporting and .................

I would never dream to say I am more intelligent than another person.
Intelligence is different for different people. Some of the most intelligent people I have met have minimal formal education.

Never have I asked men to be impressed with my finances. In fact I keep it quiet.
e.g. Drive to dates in my old 4WD rather than my current model convertible.
It is when they find out they often either run or want to be supported.

Besides I am not wealthy. Merely comfortable. The same or less than than my married friends.

Use sex for control..... HA HA HA HA HA HA
Sorry, but that is such a silly statement.
Quite right. Sex is very easy to get for anyone.

Finding someone who is honest who wants an equal relationship is the challenge.

I am still hopeful that I can find one of the good ones.
I know they are around as I meet them every day but they are taken.

The good ones are like rare gems.

Yes I have met quite a few men. Just over 600 I think over the last 10 years.

(Can't remember if I had sex with ALL of them. Must check my diary and rating system lol)
Many were absolutely lovely but not available for a multitude of reasons or not truthful with me or themselves.
I was hopeful and enjoyed the ongoing company of many.

Ahhh memories.

I love men and would adore to have one love me back.

Clooney -- good question.

I know at least some send money overseas regularly.
Not sure how much.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/12/2015 10:23:17 PM
LOL Sealady...

I can't tell you how many times her extended family would visit for dinner.

The long faces when I offered spaghetti!
 sealady111
Msg: 175
Posted: 9/12/2015 10:24:57 PM
^^^^ I would relish your spaghetti and bring the wine and possibly some port.

What do you prefer to eat for breakfast?
Would you like me to bring it to you in bed?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over sixty - seem to like women in their own age bracket.