Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > mike patton projects      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thatguy67
Msg: 16
view profile
History
mike patton projectsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
It was recently announced that Mike Patton and his old band, Faith No More, have reunited and are hitting the road this year with possibly new music to follow.

Uncle Fist
Msg: 17
mike patton projects
Posted: 5/4/2009 3:29:54 PM
Mike Patton has basically been my favorite vocalist since I was about 14. Faith No More still stands as my all time favorite band. Versatile, influential, and just great overall. I think it's awesome that they've decided to do something again, but it's not quite as big of a deal to me as it would have been had they brought Jim Martin back. He was an essential component of that band. And the only time I got to see them live was on the King For a Day tour after he had left. I was really hoping to see a full classic era lineup reunion. Still, I'm curious to see what they do.

Unfortunately, I don't find the vast majority of Patton's other projects to be as great as everyone else seems to. Most of them are cool in small to moderate doses when I'm in the mood for them, but I really don't see whatever it is that makes others seem to think they are untouchable masterpieces. If anything, I find a lot of them to be too artsy for their own good.

Tomahawk is solid. Pretty much just sounds like the Jesus Lizard with Patton singing instead of David Yow.

Fantomas basically just reminds me of a full band version of the Adult Themes For Voice solo album he put out back around '96.

Bungle is alright.

Peeping Tom pisses me off. It's very hit and miss. The good stuff is some of the best stuff the guy has done in years. "We're Not Alone" was incredible. And the live cover of "Across 110th Street" they did on that tour was way too good not to record. Sure wish they'd do that at some point. But a lot of the album just sounds either like more typical artsy fartsy stuff or rather bland and forgettable. I really expected more from this project for the way it was hyped.

Lovage is pretty cool.

And my only complaints about Dillinger Escape Plan's Irony is a Dead Scene EP were that it was too short and that Patton really should have taken up the gig with them permanently. Not necessarily for his benefit, but for theirs. Dillinger was always a band to me that was far too unique and interesting musically to just have a generic screamer for a vocalist. Patton's vocal style is as odd and quirky as their music. They compliment each other really well. I think that's why the EP sounded so cohesive.

Anyway, it's cool to see a Patton appreciation thread here.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > mike patton projects