Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > POF Soon To Introduce Fees...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 greyingred
Msg: 7
view profile
History
POF Soon To Introduce Fees...Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Haven't a flying foxes chance in hell of meeting anyone appropriate on this or any other site...probably because I am not appropriate 'dating' either. In fact I hate dates, be they fruit, specific times or whatever. I just like the forums and some of the people I have read and emailed have cheered me up no end. I have two parts of no money oh and a little bit empty on the side so the idea of having to pay......hey ho....toilet roll, milk and bread versus saying hi to someone who in all probability is incompatible....toilet roll wins.
 debnco
Msg: 8
view profile
History
POF Soon To Introduce Fees...
Posted: 3/5/2009 1:33:36 PM
I mainly use the forums as a tool for the events .
Forums give you a good insight to peoples personalities, Good and bad .
Not that worried about dating all that much , Just living my life and enjoying it ..
I have met some amazing people through the forums and events ... so iiif I had to I would pay .
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/5/2009 2:05:31 PM
and not looking for an ego boost

It looks as if Markus has been reading my posts.
 lok
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/6/2009 12:33:18 AM

Also I think a fee is a good idea as it should lock out the spammers and the people making the fake profiles...

if only this was true..

A lot of "professional women" are prepared to pay as it attracts business , letting the males contact them for free , lulling them into a sense of being wanted , then they get the price list.........................................

I have only recently posted this same type of question on another site , does paying = serious dating compared to free = 1 nite date hunting
 Mainey
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/6/2009 2:52:49 AM

The forums are attached to a dating site, they are meant to be in helping people to find relationships

Yes a dating site that gives you the option to have on your profile to be looking for friends and not single not looking, which is probably one of the reasons why the site is so popular and also why you get a wide range of people in here and not just people that are desperate to find "the one" .

I love this site, it has given me the opportunity to make some great friends and I have met a wide range of people and I hope to continue to do so.
 ohthereugo
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/6/2009 2:26:20 PM
Haha

POF you make enough money out of the advertising lol

You have claimed you built the site one man operation .

If its that easy might as well build one myselve for that matter lets all build one .

Genetics of a dating site are exactly the same if your on pof more than likely you are on two others as well .

Same stats apply on all dating sites or close enough .

Same classes of people .

The non serious will still pay so i guess its all about how the owner wants to live a lavish lifestyle no doubt or maybe he will donate the proceeds to a charity lol

Time for me to start to work out how to start up a dating site easy peasy it will be fun .

Easy money .

Now one million by ten bucks for a lifetime membership to my dating site = holy cow

Well as for people to date you have to go local doesnt matter if there is one million members on a site you may only have 500 thats within 50 miles of you or ks if you are in Australia like me .

So pof need one million members so they can sell advertising space and make a return and they are doing that very well who knows how many dating sites owners of pof owns may be one maybe 10 who would know .

the customers thats us we make pof their advertising money without us they wouldnt be here .

we also vet pics free of charge so we assist in the operations as well .

Polls can be rigged of course you would never know

The poll might come up 51 for and 49 against doesnt really matter the poll wont make any difference of the outcome .

POF is going to make the changes regardless

Just the way business progresses
 debnco
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2009 2:58:49 PM
^^^^ Know what ,I figure if you have the brains to start a free site You can do what you like ..
If you don't like it ...........................GO Away ....Don't use it ..Simple really...
 Noxious_Hysteria
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/7/2009 12:45:32 AM
Im on a paid site and this one and I can honestly say there are the same calibre of people on both.........money dont buy love!!

Im more active on the free sites as I refuse to pay to be single and if I am ever paying......I expect to get off!!

When I get into a relationship no doubt I will pay and pay and pay......not now though.

onemoretimeplease
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/8/2009 2:58:52 PM
Seems its already started.
My question is how do they know yous is for real or not on here.
Do they have a crystal ball.
Like people lie on here and this place is a stage.
What if someone has the gold badge and you know this not to be true.
Like your not allowed to lag on here so i dont know how they will manage that .
Just a thought.
 onemoretimeplease
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/8/2009 7:00:35 PM
If they are serious one why are they on other sites.
Theres plenty free ones over here or can i not mention that oops sorry.
Glen will be so pleased.
 tarvold
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 6:40:34 PM

Just to throw some fuel into the fire...

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20090101/and-the-money-comes-rolling-in.html

So... here, we have a site with approximately 2.8mil subscribers. Lets say, there are 1% of these subscribers who signed up for the $10 gold star... that would be an extra $280,000 per month in profit... or... $3.36mil per year...

And it all goes to one man...

Let the flames begin.

debnco
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 7:16:15 PM
I say good on him.
One very smart man the way I see it ,
Wonder if hes got a partner
 Hawaiianluau
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/9/2009 11:47:17 PM
What do you mean welcome to capitalism.
He's been pulling in 10 million dollars a year for a long time now from this site.
And he still dictates how long my posts must be.
Messages this short may not be posted
 ToldYouSo returns
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/10/2009 11:34:46 AM
What a spendid thought. Bound to help keep out the riff raff.

People like me.
 ohthereugo
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/11/2009 3:10:11 PM
Marcus has given thousands of gold badges for free if if you dint want one you got one anyway and as far as i know you cant remove the dorky thing
Marketing at its best .
 aphrodite000
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2009 2:36:21 AM
I paid for 3 mths because I thought it might deter' the root and runners' they can be such a waste of time after reading these threads I am having second thoughts, oh well, too late now
 ohthereugo
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/12/2009 6:40:17 AM
POF JUST LOST ITS APPEAL
 aphrodite000
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2009 6:16:37 PM
Please suzi don't rub it in I have to admit I feel pretty stupid, have to stop doing things without thinking them through.
 BCF_Girl
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2009 10:42:20 AM
I have been on several different sites and have found no matter if it was a paying site or not you are still going to find your married sorts, dishonest ones, the ones who are here just for sex or kicks.
So it is up to the individual to work out who is fair dinkum about wanting to meet someone and start a relationship etc.
Money does not single out the "serious" ones
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 7:33:25 PM
I have paid good money on other sites only to find that I have wasted my dough. At least on this site there is unrestricted access to everything.

Most other sites send so called "Matches" that turn out to be just bait to get one to spend more money, or alternatively, the contacts made turn out to Visa Seekers from eastern european countries.
As for "Players", there are just as many female players as there are male.
My profile says that I am serious, but on the other hand, how can one make an assessment based on a photograph? And yes, I have come across situations where the reality of a pic is far from the truth of the actual subject.

So, paying a fee to show whether or not someone is "Serious?" will not, in my mind , change the current scenario. However I can understand the situation with the sites owners, running this thing has to be a very expensive excercise, something I have always wondered about.
 Bigrockinguy
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/23/2009 2:18:53 AM
It will turn out like any other site for dating and friends here on the net,pay your money nothing happens,membership expires and all of a sudden you have people interested.Leave it free,im serious but refuse to pay for services again.
 DeborahC56
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:05:46 PM
I don't buy the reasoning behind this...not for a minute. Its all to line the good ole pocket. I WILL NOT pay just to see who viewed me. I would rather pay full price for Match.com etc before you nickel and dime me for a few views. I am not alone in my feelings on the subject..
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:01:53 PM
Yeah, looks like the owner of this site is gaining a serious coke addiction and is in desperation for some more cash, despite the very large amount he's already getting from advertisements.
 DoctorG2003
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:20:41 PM
yes, time for me to say goodbye.
some people just get too greedy.
there is little left on this site that is free.
 Sunny_Coaster
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:28:21 PM
Well that's another stupid idea... it's not like this site wasnt going down the toilet anyway. The one thing it had was decent members with decent profiles, now you can't even see who viewed you without paying for it.

All up it means messages being sent to users who probably don't want them in the first place on multiple occasions.

Please post all questions/issues/suggestion regarding your subject to the following already in progress discussion:

Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here

Thread Closed - Redundant - Please Use the Forum Thread Search Tool

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > POF Soon To Introduce Fees...