Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > POF Soon To Introduce Fees...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aphrodite000
Msg: 24
view profile
History
POF Soon To Introduce Fees...Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Please suzi don't rub it in I have to admit I feel pretty stupid, have to stop doing things without thinking them through.
 BCF_Girl
Msg: 25
view profile
History
POF Soon To Introduce Fees...
Posted: 3/18/2009 10:42:20 AM
I have been on several different sites and have found no matter if it was a paying site or not you are still going to find your married sorts, dishonest ones, the ones who are here just for sex or kicks.
So it is up to the individual to work out who is fair dinkum about wanting to meet someone and start a relationship etc.
Money does not single out the "serious" ones
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 7:33:25 PM
I have paid good money on other sites only to find that I have wasted my dough. At least on this site there is unrestricted access to everything.

Most other sites send so called "Matches" that turn out to be just bait to get one to spend more money, or alternatively, the contacts made turn out to Visa Seekers from eastern european countries.
As for "Players", there are just as many female players as there are male.
My profile says that I am serious, but on the other hand, how can one make an assessment based on a photograph? And yes, I have come across situations where the reality of a pic is far from the truth of the actual subject.

So, paying a fee to show whether or not someone is "Serious?" will not, in my mind , change the current scenario. However I can understand the situation with the sites owners, running this thing has to be a very expensive excercise, something I have always wondered about.
 Bigrockinguy
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/23/2009 2:18:53 AM
It will turn out like any other site for dating and friends here on the net,pay your money nothing happens,membership expires and all of a sudden you have people interested.Leave it free,im serious but refuse to pay for services again.
 DeborahC56
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 2:05:46 PM
I don't buy the reasoning behind this...not for a minute. Its all to line the good ole pocket. I WILL NOT pay just to see who viewed me. I would rather pay full price for Match.com etc before you nickel and dime me for a few views. I am not alone in my feelings on the subject..
 tie_me_up81
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:01:53 PM
Yeah, looks like the owner of this site is gaining a serious coke addiction and is in desperation for some more cash, despite the very large amount he's already getting from advertisements.
 DoctorG2003
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/12/2012 4:20:41 PM
yes, time for me to say goodbye.
some people just get too greedy.
there is little left on this site that is free.
 Sunny_Coaster
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:28:21 PM
Well that's another stupid idea... it's not like this site wasnt going down the toilet anyway. The one thing it had was decent members with decent profiles, now you can't even see who viewed you without paying for it.

All up it means messages being sent to users who probably don't want them in the first place on multiple occasions.

Please post all questions/issues/suggestion regarding your subject to the following already in progress discussion:

Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here

Thread Closed - Redundant - Please Use the Forum Thread Search Tool

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > POF Soon To Introduce Fees...