Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SAguy_06
Msg: 4
Need stock buying advice...Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Ah..There's a Sucker born every minute.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 6
Need stock buying advice...
Posted: 3/7/2009 4:23:31 PM
Buy gold. (and have it on hand in a safe location)(Or perhaps some foreign currency) There's really hard times coming up. I really think the US dollar is in for some major trouble and may be as worthless as used toilet paper in the next few years. Washington is gonna try to print and borrow it's way into prosperity. That never works since wealth cannot be created by simply turning on the printing press or borrowing huge sums of money at interest. Look at the wasted taxpayer funds that went into GM. Now GM is on the verge of bankruptcy and we the taxpayers are out all that money that was ment to save the company. This is only the start of the recession and I think it's gonna last at least a good 4 to 5 years. Time will tell. Time will tell.......

If you have enough money I suggest paying off your house and getting your debt down as far as you can.

I by no means am a financial advisor and have no idea where the market is headed. The above are just my expressed opinions. Never the less it will be interesting to see what shape America is in around 2011. And I wonder if hyperinflation is on the menu?
 yna6
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/7/2009 7:39:39 PM
Get your own debt down...try to get debt free if you can.
I might also suggest an investment in the lottery...make those thousands you inherited into millions you've won! (gawd, please do not follow that one...it was a joke!)
Forget gold....can't eat it, shelter under it, or even legally spend it! As a "hard currency", it might be ok...but will it really be any good when it's price drops and you lose money on it?
Try investing in food distribution....always a market for that and the price has nowhere to go but up!
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/7/2009 9:05:26 PM
If I was you I would be going to a more trusted firm that's reputable for advice..I sure wouldn't trust anything on the net. But I think some have made some good valid points..make sure you are free from debt, pay your house off so you won't have that monthly mortgage, then if you have extra see about investing into something very safe.
 yna6
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/8/2009 8:33:42 AM
Actually...city bonds is a very stable and good investment. The gov't never allows them to default...they can't afford to, and are always bailed out...so the investor always gets what they were expecting to get!
Blue chip? Not anymore....
Stem cell research? With the way the Christian coalition is trying to run the gov't? Get real! Out of the country, maybe, but certainly not in the states.
Food and energy....no "new technology", cause those in power won't allow that to be developed much until their resources have exhausted themselves and they have a new heap to sell off to keep the family fortune going.
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/8/2009 10:27:31 AM
Frmguy;
A firm that has proven themselves of actually helping their customers and made honest profits...not people who just promise to do things then steal as much as they can. I'm sure their are some honest firms in this old country..not everyone is a crook. ( I don't think)
 sum1reel
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/8/2009 5:43:34 PM
i would not recommend putting your money into stocks at this time as the market has yet to hit bottom.

put your money into CD's (they yield better than T-bills) and wait it out..........if you owe money then pay off your debts, as this would be the perfect time to do it.

municipal (city) bonds might be something to consider if they are not poorly rated.

mutual fund specialized in infrastructure/construction might be worth considering given that stimulus money will be going towards that sector.

no one has the insight on what will be best line to invest in.......right now its all a gamble.
 rickxyz
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:51:59 AM
Absolutely right Jim, money and time, and thats what the big guys have loads of....I like C, BAC and CAT, AAPL and X
 rickxyz
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:28:32 AM
Yup the dow and aapl are overbought, but I just churn them, just stating what stocks swing....also fslr and ma had huge runs this year. With cd rates below 2, I figure the market is the place to be. If they bring her down to 6500 once more, I am all in with my 401k for an easy 10%.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >