Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crash1031
Msg: 221
view profile
History
What was the most favorite thing that happened to you this week?Page 11 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Jim as long as you keep your hands off me that might work You both got it wrong tho.....Bucs and Colts....SB
 crash1031
Msg: 223
view profile
History
What was the most favorite thing that happened to you this week?
Posted: 5/27/2010 6:17:22 PM
Yes Nancy 2014 its a given,,,,,,lol Thats why they turned Tampa down didnt want the Bucs playing in thier own back yard
 crash1031
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2010 6:36:57 PM
You like that huh Give the bucs a couple yrs they gotta lot of rookies,By 2014 all the Giants will be old and worn out
 crash1031
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2010 3:00:15 PM
OK you 2 Stop with the BUC bashing!!! We shall see ,,,Best wishes in your recovery Laura have a great weekend both of ya...I guess
 bucsgirl
Msg: 231
Posted: 6/4/2010 6:13:06 PM
I got my income tax refund check........YEAH!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 233
Posted: 6/14/2010 8:29:50 PM
"Drum roll please........Completed chemo #7!!! ONLY one more to go!!!!!"

Drum roll flashing lights, fireworks!! Thanks for sharing I am SO happy! My DIL had her last bone marrow April last year, it was such a celebration. I don't think my feet touched ground until July. I was there for the Race for Life in our park last month, the excitement is beyond words. Please let us know when the last one is done, and please feel free to PM me.

We've had cancer touch 3 members of our family in the last 5 years, my SIL, my DIL and an aunt who was very close. I know from experience what the experience are first hand, and your spirit is amazing and so inspirational. It's such a celebration when it'll be all done! We were so happy we were all calling each other, I had to leave messages because we were all calling each other.

That's the best thing I've read on these forums in a long time, thanks SO much for sharing. I'd love to be able to share and celebrate with you.
 amagickiss
Msg: 234
Posted: 6/15/2010 2:51:41 PM
The best thing that has happened to me this week.....Well ONE is the pink blow up FLAMINGO I wanted sent to me by none other than the chemo warrior!!! So sweet of you Laura.....what would a luau be without one. I have tried calling you, but mailbox is full and the other number not going through. Email or call me please!!

The other thing going well for me this week has been spending time with someone I care about very much and actually met at a POF event in May.

And lastly, the other good thing so far this week is reading Laura's post.
 amagickiss
Msg: 236
Posted: 6/16/2010 5:15:53 PM
Nancy, YES.....more on that later lol

Laura, my calendar is marked. With it shrinking as much as it has, hopefully, there will be next to nothing left for them to remove. Thanks for contacting me, stupid me had a number wrong and thanks for emptying your mailbox lol. I am sure I will be THE ONLY one with such a Flamingo!!!

Hallie, I have every faith that you will find something very soon!! This is when as crappy as my pay is, I am thankful I am still working. The right job is out there just about to happen for YOU!!
 swingdansr
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2010 8:37:34 PM
The most favorite thing that happened to me this week? Actually the last 12 years.
After racking up a credit card bill of about $11,ooo since I got divorced, I am happy to say that it is finally paid off! Wow! What a relief. Also during that time I also paid off my child support and bought a car and paid it off too.

Glad to see that you ladies are doing ok. Take care guys.
 swingdansr
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2010 2:15:09 PM
Yeah, really! All the 21 years I was married I never owed anyone anything except my house payment. Then when I decided to divorce my ex everything went belly up. Since I'm out of debt now I start root canal treatments starting Monday. There goes another $11oo after insurance. I need to marry me a rich woman. Any takers? The crap just hit the fan.
 bocadeb
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2010 7:02:11 PM
Hallie.....So happy for you getting offered a job. It must feel so good. I have now been out of work for over 3 months. I am so glad I thought ahead when I was working and always stashed money away in my savings account. Guess you just never know when you will need it. Hopefully I will find something soon.
Best thing that happened to me this week.....took my mom to the oncologist for her follow up appt. She had to have a hysterectomy last month at age 79 because it was discovered she had uterine cancer. Happy to say she got a wonderful report and is cancer free.
What a scare....surgery was rough on her....intensive care for 4 days. In a way I am glad I lost my job because it gave me a chance to take care of her. I realize how blessed I am even when it seems things are falling down around you. Life has a funny way of showing us we are strong enough to make it thru anything!!
Anyway......thats my most favorite thing this week!!!
Take care .......Deb
 crash1031
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2010 8:29:07 AM
My Favorite thing this week was HMMMMMMM..be back later
 easygoingmo
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2010 12:08:26 AM
My favorite thing this week, I've got an offer on my Shopping Center Site!! I told my Real Estate Agent to try and work out the rough spots and try to make this deal work!! It will break my heart, not to have to come North every year and maintain this property. Why I might even get my ex, out of my life, once and for all! I know as soon as I can, my cell phone
is going to be thrown against the first brick wall, after this deal goes thru. If someone wants to get a hold of me, it will have to be thru this site or come and knock on my front door. I wonder if I will know how to act, if it really does sell?!?
 crash1031
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2010 7:29:25 PM
MY Favorite thing Was the RAYS beating the Yankees 2 out of 3!!!!
 crash1031
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2010 12:03:57 PM
Short and Sweeeeeeeeeet !!!!! ....
 swingdansr
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2010 2:26:28 PM
I'm backing you up Crash. Go Rays! Sorry about your luck Nancy.
 crash1031
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2010 3:14:46 PM
Good Deal Swing we just wont tell Nancy ...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 252
Posted: 8/2/2010 3:46:30 PM
I'll stay out of the baseball stuff, but thanks, Nancy for the news about Spacey. And for Spacey, my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! Hugs to you!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 255
Posted: 8/4/2010 10:12:07 PM
Hallie, I had just started a new job myself, fairly recently. Got the key, the alarm code, passwords...the usual. Well not the first time, it doesn seem if you're the last one to leave or the first one to come in, the first time on my last job I was the last to leave. Ehh...palms sweating, it seems it's a "right of passage" almost. How hard can it be, it's the blah blah, have instructions written out. Doesn't work, when you're THERE. I did everything, nothing happened. When I came to work there was a scathing memo that the alarm wasn't set. The whole company, this was an IT company that sells security systems, last job, so it was a big deal. I went in and told them exactly, huh.
This job, it was just so rushed, again written by someone else. Sure enough, the first time I was the first one there, had the post it note in hand, punched it in exactly. The NOISE, the screaming that bursted my eardrums, I have a finger jammed in my ear, calling the alarm company, what's your address...ehh I don't know I just started and hadn't fired up my computer. I'm trying to talk to them but of course it's hard to hear with the screaming alarm. I gave them my name, and managed to find a piece of stationery...meantime my bosses' business partner had already been called. It finally got turned off remotely. I wasn't just sweating, I was discombobulated, unhinged.
By the time my coworkers came to work, they were laughing about it, apparently it happened to them, too. The ringing in my ears calmed down later in the afternoon. Not funny, and I DID do everything as instructed. I have my own post-it note, and it's never happened since.
The police didn't come, just know you're not the only one. It's so simple, it's a code when you come in and a code when you leave. Because it all happened to them it had to happen to me, being the NEW person.
I'm so glad you have a new job, I really hope you enjoy it and it works out so well for you. Other than the alarm terror, I've never had a job that I actually enjoyed and is more stress-free than any. I never realized how important that is. I hope you have the satifaction, the appreciation...yeah sometimes I have to ask...but when I do, it's so gratifying.
And Nancy, I SO remember when my kids were school-age, you're so much the mom after my own heart. I didn't want to worry my kids, somehow I always made sure they were where they had to be, and I was there, by the grace of God. I remember, and just know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers for the best results possible. You're such a special person and a blessing. I've had a back injury, when I had to literally roll of the side of my bed, crawl to the phone and call in. Everything was just so incredibly difficult and unbelievably painful. That was years ago, not something I want to remember, I'll pray that you'll have the best medical treatment and for the wisdom for those who are taking care of you.
You're important, beyond the scope of language to your family and you're important here! Don't ever think you're not, this is a better place because you're here!!
 bocadeb
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2010 10:11:47 AM
Nancy....hope you are feeling some relief from the epidural shot. In the past year I have had 3 of them. I got about 2 weeks relief from the pain. Finally decided they just weren't worth it. They really hurt and I too would feel a lot of discomfort an hour or so after the shot. Best of luck to you.

Hallie...glad to hear the new job is going well. The alarm story made me laugh!!
I am still not working....5 months and counting. I am not too stressed over it yet and am contemplating some changes in my life. About a month ago I started a healthy eating plan and its going well. I eat nothing but fresh fruits and veggies, grilled chicken, etc. No red meat, nothing processed, frozen, boxed, no preservatives. I am amazed at how easy it is to eat healthy. I have lost 11 lbs. Its not a diet its a life change. I am determined to stay on this track and do something good for ME!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!
 bocadeb
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2010 3:14:28 PM
Look what crawled out from under her rock! Nurse, if your going to address me in that tone you will definately get a response. Why you feel the need to constantly put people down is beyond me. What a sad miserable life you must lead.
You are probably a closet enabler who is being controlled by a man who has YOU trained.

No need to bow to me when you say Namaste
 bucsgirl
Msg: 261
Posted: 8/14/2010 12:55:06 AM
I had my first child move away, going to MA to Brandeis University. I shuttled her around the last two days, taking care of some last minute business.

I'm so happy for her, she's got friends in Boston and gotten lots of scholarship funds.

I am just sentimental, and I'll miss just knowing she's close by. It's a great opportunity for her and I know she'll do so well, I couldn't be prouder. I'm sure you parents understand.

Thanks, Hallie for the sweet note, you're a darling.
 bocadeb
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2010 7:01:44 PM
OMG that is so funny!! If only it was that easy! I have a feeling her flying monkeys will protect her...after all, she has trained her MEN (monkeys) well!

Thanks for the laugh!!!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2010 7:30:40 PM
JMO, Nurse but I prefer to squeeze my lemons, not crush them! I believe it makes my lemonade just a little bit sweeter!
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  >