Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > What was the most favorite thing that happened to you this week?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justnancy
Msg: 101
What was the most favorite thing that happened to you this week?Page 5 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
No A/C in this whether can be BRUTAL and the expense is the worst since you really don’t have much of choice!!! Glad you have A/C, but I understand the stress!!!

Actually not having hot water wasn't that bad...it was the cost that bothered me at first.
It was when I had to shut off all my water for a day and a half!!! I woke up yesterday morning to the sound of gushing water coming from my garage. No running water and trying to get ready for work is a pain. Also the toilets would only flush once, since the tanks would not refill. I couldn't do laundry or dishes!!! O.k. I admit I turned the water on for a short time last night...about 10 minutes, I figured the garage wouldn't flood that fast. (heck the original flood was reseeded). I flushed the toilets, filled the coffee pot, filled some containers with water so my girls and I would have something to wash and brush our teeth with. I ordered pizza and we ate on paper plates to keep the dirty dishes down.

So at this point I'm soooo grateful to have Water!!! So having h20 is my favorite thing so far this week!!

BTW, Suni I would tell them to take their little link and sh..v..it!!!
 justnancy
Msg: 102
What was the most favorite thing that happened to you this week?
Posted: 5/14/2009 6:31:51 PM
Hallie, they probably did cook a little, It is always hotter inside than outside. It may have been 86 outside, but inside and with humidity, it was probably closer to 99 inside!!

with a TRUE gentleman!!!

Definitely the 'Catch of the Day'!!!!

There REALLY are some exceptional 'fish' out there!!!!

Leslie, I almost missed this post!! Good for you!!! Now that is inspiration!

Please keep us posted!!
 1glassslipper
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/15/2009 5:33:43 AM
Happy Birthday
 aintold
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/15/2009 6:37:58 AM

Todays my birthday which will be celebrated peacefully

Happy Birthday Pete: Today is My party at Club 10, so we will sing happy birthday to us both, and I'll put your name on the cake, I'm not kidding, I'll have Michael take a pic of it and post it
 aintold
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/15/2009 6:56:59 AM

Tonight one of my best friends is taking me to the beach where I will uncork a nice bottle of scotch and lite up a cuban cigar...

That is wierd, I did that last night on hollywood beach, Glenlivit, and a special cuban from a good friend, life doesn't get much better, you know leslie likes single malt also, next year let's all do it together
 SRQleslie
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/15/2009 7:07:15 AM
Does it HAVE to be somebody's BIRTHDAY??? Why 'wait' until NEXT year????
 lakeworthmickey
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/15/2009 7:31:38 AM
Good morning, Easymantolove, Just wishing you a very Happy and Healthy Birthday. Hoping that this is the Best Birthday Ever. Good luck in your ventures Mickey
 aintold
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/15/2009 8:25:05 AM

Happy Birthday Pete (and Hal again)

Thanks again, and when Pete and I elebrate next year with cigars and scotch, you will certainly be invited along with leslie, ellen, mickey, sandy, judy,nancy, lettie,sarah, and Petes close pof friends. we'll even have chocolate flavored cigars for the ladies, but I have a feeling We had better find a big beach . I know you have a favorite beach, can we use it ??
 aintold
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/15/2009 8:48:56 AM
All you need to do is that "Hallie eye thing", at the guards, and they will let us do anything we want
 aintold
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/15/2009 11:20:35 AM
It's a date Pete, you, me, and some special friends, next May 15, cigars, scotch, good friends, and the ocean. Maybe we should take reservations, and charge a cover

P.S. Alli G says Hi, and to thank you
 smilingsarah
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/15/2009 12:18:15 PM
Hey Hal, how come I'm not invited ?? especially after that post on the other thread
Have a great party tonight
 justnancy
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/16/2009 10:18:48 AM
Happy Birthday Pete and Hal!!!

Dilligafa...That is great news, I would have wept too!!!

R Martian, I now what your talking about... Charlie was in 2004, I survived Frances, Ivan and Jeanne. After all the storms past I wasn't sure what to do for my weekends. It seemed for almost a month that weekends were for...cleaning up after one storm and preparing for the next. One storm...no electric for about 5 days....last storm no electric for about 8 days...the worst part is the whole city and neighboring cities were in the same boat, so getting supplies, gas, food and ICE was a hot comity, listened to a lot of AM radio talk!!

BTW I’m so glad you still have your eyebrows!!!

In May 2008 had the Palm Bay fires...No electric for about 3 days! Something like 4,000 acres burned, 162 damaged , 62 of them uninhabitable...some homes have rebuild/some still burned and charred reminders/some removed just a driveway to nowhere. A lot of the woods around here still stand as charred black of non living trees as reminder. I was lucky only came within 13 inches of my house...lost a lot of landscape.

Hmmm...may be The "May" theme for me...2 years running I LOVE WATER!!!
 michael feir
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/16/2009 12:01:49 PM
It's been a long and dreary week but there certainly have been some bright spots. Visiting my brother and two nieces was fun. They love to check out my foldable white cane and other gadgets. I can always get them laughing. Getting a call from two good friends who want to take me along to a festival at Erindale was great as well. After the letdown I experienced a little while ago, it helps tremendously to have something like that to look forward to. Listening to the space shuttle launch was nifty also. Hearing those astronaughts fly up there always raises my spirits. Also, I've started reading Charles De Lint's Spirits In the Wires this afternoon. There's so much hope, cameradery and wonder in that book. I only hope I can pack a fraction of it into the short stories and accessible game I eventually hope to get done. Thought it would be Autumn before I got back in writing trim but this week gives me cause for real hope of faster progress. Tomorrow, I'll be going to a church full of friendly people in the morning and off to see the latest Star Trek film with a good friend in the afternoon. Not a bad week at all when you look back on it. Hindsight is 20-20 even for us blinks.
 justnancy
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/16/2009 7:33:28 PM
That is great Hallie, A nice ending to a rough week. Hope next week brings only good luck!!!

.no power, water, a/c for over 2 months at home and work. Whole neighborhood looked like a war zone.

2 months???? Holy Torleetto, that is a looooooooooooooooooong time!!
 justnancy
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/16/2009 7:38:32 PM
LOL,

When one door closes, another one opens...YiKES, just hope the doors open in the right direction. Being a mom never ends!!
 justnancy
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:40:20 PM

That's one thing we all thought about tonite, graduating high school is, in a way, the end of a chapter, but the beginning of another.

Yes it is, funny even at the sixth grade graduations I cry, even when it's not my own kids...May need a couple of boxes when my own kids graduate high school!!! As each chapter ends there is accomplishments and pride and joy....As new ones open there is hope, and fear, the unknown and lessons to be learned!!! Seems each step of life is like this!!!

And thanks, we just had our end of the year party tonight, and the Teacher making a speech, spoke of just how much a lot of do as teachers, it’s not always just academics either, it is also about mentoring relationships, choices…life. When you can make a difference in someone’s life…share the gift of knowledge….that is the one of greatest gifts.
 1glassslipper
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/17/2009 12:45:14 AM
Attended my first POF event in Clearwater at 13 Cafe. It was great and everyone was so very nice. Only sad point, no one found my other glass slipper.
 aintold
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:19:06 AM
Well, this was an easy choice for me, my pof birthday party on Friday was AWESOME !!! around 200 people showed up, and pretty much everyone that was important to me showed, except for Hallie, and I guess her son's graduation was a good excuse. I was hoping Leslie would pop in and suprise me, but 3 hours is a long drive and she sent me the best B-day card ever- now my screen saver. The turnout was a big suprise, because so many people wanted to suprise me, and didn't sign up. So far people have mailed me over 350 pictures, and It's great to know how many good friends I've made on pof. Thank you lakeworthmickey, for throwing such a great party

Everyone should look at the club 10 picture thread, to see how much fun we had
 magickisssss
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:58:51 AM
I survived my first event where I hosted. Despite the rain, we had a good turnout and I feel things went very well. Quite a few new people to POF who were able to make new friends (we are a friendly bunch). I got ideas for future events, people thanked me, so it was all worth while.

So, got my feet wet, figuratively and literally lol
 magickisssss
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:30:35 PM
For some, the ice breaker went well, even if they didn't find their match. They went looking, met new people and that was the point. I had to laugh quite a few times though, we had Hilary Clinton looking for Bill and when she couldn't find him, figured he was in the bathroom with Monica. June Cleaver was sure Ward Cleaver was having an affair with Carol Brady and so on. What was really funny is for some of them, I told them that their match definately was there and they still couldn't find them. Ken never did find Barbie and she was there and she was a Doll.

I have been given some new ideas for future events and thought of a few on my own. We will continue to try them out as I plan on doing this at least once a month for a while.
 magickisssss
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/17/2009 4:34:12 PM

Attended my first POF event in Clearwater at 13 Cafe. It was great and everyone was so very nice. Only sad point, no one found my other glass slipper

I was so sorry that your glass slipper was never found. I did try very hard to get ahold of the fairy godmother, but like I said, she was on vacation. I just thought that since her trip to Mexico had been postponed due to swine flu that she would be around. Apparently she decided to go elsewhere, I think Alcapulco.

I believe though, you still have a couple fellows still actively looking for that slipper lol

It was great meeting you last night and I am glad you had a good time. I really look forward to seeing you again.
 1glassslipper
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/17/2009 8:13:09 PM
I heard those sneaky step sisters still have my glass slipper. Just so happy they did not show up last night. They are the orignal Party Poopers! I would really like to get that glass slipper back. However I am thinking that the Fairy God Mother, should try to get to Prince Charming. I'm not getting any younger, you know!

Again last night was a Blast , thank you, so that qualifies for my favorite thing this week.
 HockeyTalkie
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2009 1:51:22 PM
....the dolphin show put on by 5-6 of our resident dolphin/porpoise at the north end of sarasota bay. Jumping completly out out of the water(2-3 at a time), playing,feeding within 50 yeards of my boat, with one coming up right alongside half out of the water with a mullet sideways in it's mouth. Was a real treat and have pictures to show even of the one right alongside...was a trick to figure where they would come up and then focus and click...
 justnancy
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/18/2009 2:39:20 PM

I danced with my troupe at a relay for the American Cancer Society last night and when we were done, these little girls came up and asked for my autograph, complete with crayons to sign it with. Too cute.

Raider that was too cute...that made me chuckle!

Hal I'm so glad you had an awesome Birthday, Having people the people that mean the most to you celebrating with you is one of those priceless moments!!

Diane I'm so glad your event went great, despite the rain. Goes to show how the spirits of people is what really counts!! Looking at the after party pictures it looks like everyone had a great time!!!

Glassslipper…Sorry the fairy godmother was on vacation, but your real prince is worth the wait. Glad you had a good time!!

Hockey that is a Kodak moment!!!
 aintold
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/18/2009 2:45:53 PM
Thanks Hildy and Nancy, and Nancy thank you some much for the virtual gift, it was so sweet. Well last week was a truly great week for so many of us, I hope this week makes ou all even happier
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > What was the most favorite thing that happened to you this week?