Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Does YOUR ride say anything about you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 26
Does YOUR ride say anything about you?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
My current ride is a 2008 Dodge Sport Caravan, it screams "soccer mom going to the grocery store", but is a gorgeous dark metallic blue and lovely on the eyes, and has a great heating/cooling system abnd bad ass sound system. Its bad on gas but i like the room, it gives each kid their own seating row which is nice not hearing them yell "mommmmmmmm he threw a carrot at me" whilst driving.
My husband drove a limo for his transportation business that he owned, the thing was gaudy and ostentatious, no mattr how much that ugly thing was worth i hatedddddddddd it. He loved it though and was beyond proud to drive it.
He also drove an unmarked police car, one of those big whote chevy caprices, it screamed "hi this is an unmarked police car:". To each their own.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Does YOUR ride say anything about you?
Posted: 3/9/2009 11:49:35 AM
I hope to get a few more years out of my current fleet, but I'm always looking for the next one. I think it helps to know my options before I actually have to repair or replace it- the very reason why, in spite of being a tightwad, I always have at least 2 vehicles: in case one breaks, I still have one that runs.
I would like to have a pickup- full-size with short bed would do, 6 or small V8 engine, automatic transmission, AC, power steering and brakes. Unfortunately, pickups only come in two flavors- too expensive, or beat to death.
Maybe I'll find another minivan, or one of those butt-ugly Pontiac Azteks, cheap
 WindRoper
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/9/2009 12:34:37 PM
After buying my first one I am loyal to Saturn. I'm on my 4th -- a 2004 Ion Sport Quad Coupe with suicide doors and 5-speed in the floor. I bought it new and odometer turned 100,000 about a month ago. I did not check with my insurance carrier prior to purchasing. It scored a little low on side impact testing so the insurance is a little elevated but within norms. It is a 4-cylinder but Saturn builds a reliable 4-banger so I don't have an issue with that. I've never had any mechanical problems but I am diligent about routine maintenance. I get about 32 mpg (highway).
Since I was in the process of a divorce getting a new vehicle with a full warranty was important to me. I would have considered a Hyundai or Kia for the longer warranties but am happy with my choice. At that time I was shocked to learn the PT Cruiser received a higher overall rating than the Chevy Malibu, but I personally don't have much faith in Chrysler/Dodge products so I wouldn't put my trust in one of their 4-cylinders while averaging 25,000 miles per year.
 Annonimiss
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/9/2009 1:30:14 PM
My old chev 4x4 says: I don't have to ask anyone to move or pick up anything for me, I feel safer in a truck, that I never get stuck, and that I would rather keep pouring money into keeping this truck alive than get a different vehicle (I'm kinda attached to this one). I haul stuff that damages the box, so it would be crazy to have a new truck.
 Jim978
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/9/2009 2:09:18 PM

Actually the ONE question I do have is what is the MAIN reason you bought

I needed something capable of towing an 8,000 lb camping trailer. That limited my options pretty severly.
 rossomycoo
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 8:10:36 PM
Classic model, looks good from far but far from good. Runs good but needs to be warmed up first.
 katsback
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/9/2009 8:33:45 PM
I had a 03 mustang gt, but it wasnt practical, and as much as ive moved, i need a truck, so i bought a gmc z71its black, real pretty, it hauls rose bushes alot better too!
 Ree734
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2009 6:38:38 PM
Got an old blazer. I think it says old blazer.
But I am getting my brand new Day 6 bike out of lay-a-way next month in time for warm weather. But I think it might say old. I think it is comfortable. No more sore butt with that bike
 Saturday Night Rocks
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/10/2009 8:18:48 PM
I wanted something reliable, economical and F A S T. Thank You Acura!
 OpenWaterCaptn
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/10/2009 8:35:02 PM
with the mud that stays on the side, the corner rear-ended (which my explorer won the 3/4 ton chevy lost) and usually a trailer of some sort behind me...summer is 2 boats, fall-spring flatbed with pallets/firewood for parties and the 4 wheeler trailer.

id say rugged unbridled dont give hoot for a h2 on 24s is what mine states.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/10/2009 8:41:50 PM
I had a '99 *used* (did you hear the angels singing?) Monte Carlo & loved it until it k'oed on me. It was a good & noble steed.

I'm looking for a Toyota/Honda/Saturn-ish 4dr sedan that will kick ass on mileage, have a killer sound system, have enough trunk space for baseball & away bags for three, & is a good & safely USED. I can't justify throwing down $14,000 to drive a new car off a lot to be told it dropped X amount of $ as I drove it off the lot & payments! Who's idea was that?!

I think it says, hmm, that's one smart cookie!

Other than that, my Tesla Roadster is being driven by George Clooney right now-will it qualify as used if he ever gives it back? ;)
 sillie one
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/10/2009 9:37:24 PM
It says splurge! I'm a cheap skate, but the soft top screamed "Buy me!", so I stupidly did. I LOVE it in the summer, but winters are constant maintenance and much warming up in mornings. No I would not buy another one! I do love the warm summer rides, blasting the radio....
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/10/2009 10:21:45 PM
Yes, I drive an Acura EL. Great on fuel. Comfortable seating and space. Got am amazing deal on it. Couldn't let it go, so I bought it.

It's very clean - inside and out, sharp looking, sporty, fun to drive ( love 5spd ), unique color.

Kinda defines me a bit.
 anastazia1117
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/11/2009 12:31:46 PM
I believe that my car actually says a lot about me! I've always thought you can tell a heck of a lot about a person by the kind of car/truck/whatever they drive. Maybe that's just the "gearhead" in me.

Anyway, my first car I actually purchased (not free from my parents) was a 2000 Toyota Corolla XE. It was the basic car, no frills, just low mileage, A/C, and 4 doors so I could carry around all of my friends comfortably.

I then upgraded to a 1998 VW GTI VR6. What an upgrade that was! I loved that car sooooo much! It was bright yellow, which matched my personality perfectly. I actually entered it in a couple VW car shows and won an award for it. I was so proud. Then, it got broken into, my dad backed his truck into it causing a lot of damage, and it started to fall apart since it had a lot of miles on it.

I ended up trading that car in for a 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V a few years back. I've always wanted one of these cars (well, since Nissan released them into the US market a few years ago) because it was a cute little sedan that I knew could smoke any of the stupid SRT-4 driving punks in my town. I got the sedan because I thought I'd have to drive everyone around again, like with the Corolla, but my friend bought a Durango soon after, so I haven't really needed the whole sedan thing.

I'm planning on trading in the ol' gal in September, but I'm not sure what I'm getting next. Right now, it's between a 2010 Toyota Yaris hatchback (gas mileage, low price tag, cuteness factor), a 2010 VW GTI (I really miss my hatchback coupe with all of the frills and a V6), or 2010 Toyota RAV-4 (moving back to the countryside in May and may need 4 wheel drive, but want decent gas mileage).

Any advice out there??? I definitely won't EVER buy a domestic-type car (GM, Ford), so don't even suggest it. Yes, I do realize that Toyotas are made in Kentucky, and VW's are made in Mexico and Tennessee.
 spacetolet
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/11/2009 12:39:53 PM
Anastazia, why are thinking of trading in the Nissan and it's better looking than a Yaris?
 867love
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/11/2009 2:28:16 PM
have a Mustang drop top now, nothing beats driving in warmer weather with the top down. i also own a 20 year old Dodge Daytona, i still like that car -it has its own timeless style. its still in excellent condition. the best compliment i got on it was on a date, she looked at the car and said "wow -its soooo old, its cool again".
i have forsaken 'Dayna" for the convertible, (i couldn't bear to git rid of her) she's sits in the driveway -taking her for an occasional spin to keep the motor in shape and her michelins stretched unfortunately my son will probibly wrap her around a telephone pole when he turns 16.
i did notice plenty of soccer moms here in love with their mini vans. -i inherited a Caravan in the divorce -no use letting it go to waste -i pop the rear seats out and use it to haul cargo -nothing drives better than a mini van -comfortable quite ride, easy to load, large engine, great gas mileage compared to a truck -plenty of creature features, not exactly an eye opener when you fly by a state trooper -nothing better than having a mini van to cruise through desolate sections of California/Nevada with the cruise at 85 and cd player cranked
 anastazia1117
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/12/2009 6:13:55 AM
bbw2love, I want to get rid of it because I just need some change in my life. I've never kept a car as long as I have had the Nissan. I probably should go to a lease, but I don't have a couple grand to use as a security deposit. Oh well. And, I think both cars are equally as attractive. I'm sorta partial to hatchbacks though
 hamango
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/12/2009 6:24:28 AM
I am my motorcycle and my motorcycle is me. Apart we are unfulfilled and utterly useless, but together we give the very wind and all the laws of physics their reason to exist. I used to have a car. It had a nice stereo cassette player and some really good speakers I installed myself. Cars are fine in utilitarian terms. They serve a useful purpose. It's easier to smoke a cigarette in a car than on a moving bike. Cars don't tip over quite as easily, which is a valuable quality I can't argue. But motorcycles generally and especially mine transcend mere transportation. Riding the bike is a form of bliss. Each mile is another smile and they all add up. My ride says about me that I like riding it.
 liljester
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/12/2009 8:08:04 AM
Why I got this car? Because Larry started crying right there in the dealership when I said I didn't really want it RFLMFAO It was only $2K, and he had spent half the day at the dealership detailing it just so that it would look its best etc. I think the biggest selling point for me, at the time, was that it had 8 seat belts, and was built like a tank. My last car had been creamed by some witch doing twice the speed limit and not looking where she was going. Her truck slammed me right on the passenger side, where my 7 year old was sitting!
Well, turns out Larry knew best, and I am glad I got it. That was way back in 1988, and it has been my primary driver ever since. THAT is why I love the thing. NOT because it is a '69 muscle car. The fact that it has NEVER let me down, left me stranded, or anything of the sort, in all these years. AMERICAN MADE when America was what we want it to be again.
 Gladys Friday
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/20/2009 10:27:14 AM
I have a Mercedes 230SLK convertible, I bought it cause I am a speed demon & I get my A-personality fix driving it. I also have a beat up old 67 Chevy pick up I drive when I am antiquing & hitting the garage sales. And I have a Jeep Cherokee, which I drive when I do my road trips. The Jeep is my favorite. When I drive the Benz, the young guys try to get my attention & leave notes on my wind shield. When I drive my Chevy old guys want to see what is under the hood and when I drive my Jeep no one pays any attention to me. Ha ha ha, go figure.
 sequoyah61
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/20/2009 11:19:07 AM
Hey, hey, BigDaddyJinx - just sold my 4-dr '92 Cavalier late last year. She was a good little car, but the paint job was sucking big time! Got a newer, bigger 4-dr sedan that's more reliable and comfortable on the road and gets good gas mileage 'cause I need to go see my best gal-pals who are all spread out from Kansas City to Texas. Sometimes my KC friend drives to my house, then we both head on south to TX. The back seats are big enough for my 2 dogs, and the trunk is so huge that it can hold all the clothes we women think we might need on a trip! And as an extra added bonus, it has an awesome sound system, so we can rock out as we roll down the road.

What does it say about me? It likes me and it tells everyone it meets that I'm really pretty cool for an oldie!

Sequoyah
 Magic_Fish
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/27/2009 12:31:01 PM
Just got myself a '97 Jeep TJ b/c the hot flashes are just getting too intense. Well, that and the fact that my mechanics prefer Chrysler products.

MF
 redneck176
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:19:50 PM
Dirty 4x4 pickup, with dog hair all over the backseat, a fishin pole, a shotgun and a set of rain gear in here somewhere, binoculars in the glove box, dirt and woodchips all over the bed..........Its a 2007 model with a few dents and lots of scratches, country and rock on the presets, pretty sure it says somethin about me.
 english lass
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:32:05 PM
it says i have children and need lots of space - grand caravan
 ripley65
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/27/2009 2:27:14 PM

My car currently says "deer are really hard to see in fog".

Oh man, i hear ya there. Only my car says its owner cant see deer on a clear starry night if she's looking the other way.

Yeah my once purrty car looks like a beater now. Damn deer! lol

@
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Does YOUR ride say anything about you?