Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Does YOUR ride say anything about you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gladys Friday
Msg: 45
Does YOUR ride say anything about you?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have a Mercedes 230SLK convertible, I bought it cause I am a speed demon & I get my A-personality fix driving it. I also have a beat up old 67 Chevy pick up I drive when I am antiquing & hitting the garage sales. And I have a Jeep Cherokee, which I drive when I do my road trips. The Jeep is my favorite. When I drive the Benz, the young guys try to get my attention & leave notes on my wind shield. When I drive my Chevy old guys want to see what is under the hood and when I drive my Jeep no one pays any attention to me. Ha ha ha, go figure.
 sequoyah61
Msg: 46
Does YOUR ride say anything about you?
Posted: 3/20/2009 11:19:07 AM
Hey, hey, BigDaddyJinx - just sold my 4-dr '92 Cavalier late last year. She was a good little car, but the paint job was sucking big time! Got a newer, bigger 4-dr sedan that's more reliable and comfortable on the road and gets good gas mileage 'cause I need to go see my best gal-pals who are all spread out from Kansas City to Texas. Sometimes my KC friend drives to my house, then we both head on south to TX. The back seats are big enough for my 2 dogs, and the trunk is so huge that it can hold all the clothes we women think we might need on a trip! And as an extra added bonus, it has an awesome sound system, so we can rock out as we roll down the road.

What does it say about me? It likes me and it tells everyone it meets that I'm really pretty cool for an oldie!

Sequoyah
 Magic_Fish
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/27/2009 12:31:01 PM
Just got myself a '97 Jeep TJ b/c the hot flashes are just getting too intense. Well, that and the fact that my mechanics prefer Chrysler products.

MF
 redneck176
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:19:50 PM
Dirty 4x4 pickup, with dog hair all over the backseat, a fishin pole, a shotgun and a set of rain gear in here somewhere, binoculars in the glove box, dirt and woodchips all over the bed..........Its a 2007 model with a few dents and lots of scratches, country and rock on the presets, pretty sure it says somethin about me.
 english lass
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:32:05 PM
it says i have children and need lots of space - grand caravan
 ripley65
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/27/2009 2:27:14 PM

My car currently says "deer are really hard to see in fog".

Oh man, i hear ya there. Only my car says its owner cant see deer on a clear starry night if she's looking the other way.

Yeah my once purrty car looks like a beater now. Damn deer! lol

@
 Golfer38
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:18:54 PM
I use my F150 for work. It is a 2008 and I love it and I would get another one for sure.
Being in Canada, I need 4X4 for construction sites in winter and it has 20s as well so i am up a bit too!
 spacetolet
Msg: 52
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:25:37 PM

Dirty 4x4 pickup, with dog hair all over the backseat, a fishin pole, a shotgun and a set of rain gear in here somewhere, binoculars in the glove box, dirt and woodchips all over the bed..........Its a 2007 model with a few dents and lots of scratches, country and rock on the presets, pretty sure it says somethin about me.

Yeah, I think Jeff Foxworthy said, "if this is your post you might be a redneck."
 geeleebee
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:30:34 PM
2004 Volvo S60.

What it says is that I drive on a very busy highway going to work and coming back home--I want to know that I'm as safe as possible, and the Volvo gives me that assurance.

Plus, the seat warmers are fabulous on the cold mornings, and the sunroof on the warm days makes fighting traffic just a wee bit easier.
 spacetolet
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/28/2009 7:45:09 PM
^^^^^I think your ride also says, "the drive has more than spare change in his pockets."
\/\/\/\/\/Dude, do you have a stable of hos to go with your ride?
 geeleebee
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2009 8:09:37 PM

^^^^^I think your ride also says, "the drive has more than spare change in his pockets."

LOL
What it really says is that my husband spoils me. I didn't feel safe, he agreed to look at a Volvo, then surprised me with it a couple of weeks later.
It's a great car.

(Just as an aside: I met my husband on another online dating site almost four years ago.)
 barbee1970
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/28/2009 8:26:10 PM
I like the looks of my Honda Civic Hybrid. I get awesome fuel economy so I put alot of extra cash in my pocket, not to the Middle East!

People see it and assume it will be slow or it may die at a stop light. Neither is true! And, no, I don't plug it it, it charges itself throughout the ride. It rides beautifully, with as much pep as any full gas powered car.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/28/2009 10:58:29 PM
I ride the bus.. so I'm hoping NOT.
 cowtrucker
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:05:56 AM
It's 80 feet long, has 455 hp, and 1650 ft# torque. It's a mysterious shade of green, that can change colors when it feels like it, takes up 4 parking spots at walmart without the trailer, and barely fits on most 2 lane roads...

Ok, its in no comparison to a chevy, or a ford... But in the world of Big trucks, we have the same reasons for buying our trucks as does the person looking at a Ford Focus vs: a Chevy Corvette...

I bought mine for practicality. For Weight, Fuel Economy, Roominess, Driver Comfort, and because the price was right! I keep her well maintained, sometimes clean, mostly dirty, but when I do wash her, I do it by hand, and it takes me the better part of TWO days!!!

Inside shes well dusted, I empty the trash can on a regular basis, sometimes make the bed, and have a place for everything...

And yes, at 80 ft long and 12 ft high, I can park in my own driveway, but I do need a taller garage door.

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 itechman63
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:10:17 AM
That I have messy kids
 Halokitty™
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:22:35 AM
I have a 2004 black Toyota Matrix XR. Have no idea what it says about me but I <3 my car. I'm spending WAY too much money on it (didnt get a great deal, it's my first car) but even still, I'd do it again. I love it. It was a lease return with low km; it just rolled over to 80,000. I've taken it fully loaded with 3 people and luggage to Ontario and back in the winter, up and down the Cascades to visit parents, down to the states on weekend trips. Great car.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/8/2015 12:50:51 PM
Ok, all you fresh Forum faces.

Most of my commuting to work is on my motorcycle unless rain is imminent. I also drive a Honda Odyssey for my Sam's Club and Homer excursions.

Who's next?
 gtomustang
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/8/2015 2:12:04 PM
even if you don't care what you drive...yes, that makes a statement. For the past year, I've driven my dad's truck b/c I inherited for free, it carries their mattresses to the dump, and most importantly its stick with A/C and Cruise control. But its getting up in miles with all my long distance to car shows, so I'm going to hot rod my late mother's Cavalier (stick and A/c, but no cruise) and it'll become my winter wheels while I fix the rust on my Mustang GT from driving it daily in the snow (yes I could, and yes I did).

so what does that all say about me? someone who doesn't like my opinions here, will be glad to guess :)
 cotter
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2015 7:10:32 PM
My 2010 Honda Civic gets close to 30 mpg ... but it's an automatic transmission. My 2004 Honda Civic got almost 35 mpg and it was a standard 5-speed transmission.

I would prefer a standard transmission any day to an automatic.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:03:25 PM
That I stand on the hood. (or bedrails) That I use the tailgate for a bench. That I use it for a trash hauler, and tool toter. Chances are, what's new in, or on the truck is far more valuable than the vehicle itself. The fine vehicles I have driven since 1985 have cost me less than $500 bucks each, (Or in many times-free, or a couple days exchange for labor) The average free one, doesn't run. (But will after some work) and last at least 5 years. Why drive a nice one I'd kill from use, when one that I could get a ticket for littering, does the job?
 BBEisBack
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2015 5:18:24 PM

That I stand on the hood. (or bedrails) That I use the tailgate for a bench. That I use it for a trash hauler, and tool toter. Chances are, what's new in, or on the truck is far more valuable than the vehicle itself. The fine vehicles I have driven since 1985 have cost me less than $500 bucks each, (Or in many times-free, or a couple days exchange for labor) The average free one, doesn't run. (But will after some work) and last at least 5 years. Why drive a nice one I'd kill from use, when one that I could get a ticket for littering, does the job?

Good for You, if you like paying taxes on the money You saved. For 18 years I owned a Trucking company. I bought a 1 year old '95 C3500 2wd pickup, in 1995. In 2005 I bought a Ram 2500 4x4 & sold the '95, which had 70K miles on it. The new Truck got almost double the mileage on Diesel, than the 454 Gas engine did. Also it didn't start hunting between overdrive & direct at every major hill I came to. The '95 had been depreciated out 5 years earlier.
 2ufo
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/10/2015 7:38:31 AM
I have no clue what my clean but with library books on the seat (ok, I know what that says) dark green 2003 Honda CR-V undented with faded hood (too much Texas sun, not enough waxing) says about me.

My bumper sticker is probably more telling - "People with a clear conscience usually have a bad memory".
 NJgirl116
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/10/2015 10:05:17 AM
I drive Corollas because I find them comfortable, easy to drive, easy to park, good quality etc., satisfies my needs when it comes to a car. My current one is paid off, has body damage and is duct taped and I don't care, I have a mechanic I trust and I intend to drive it to the ground.
 Orione7
Msg: 68
Posted: 10/10/2015 1:06:49 PM
Remember pearl harbour...
Don't buy jap crap, buy your own.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/10/2015 3:19:59 PM

It says I am practical and versatile.
And it is correct.

Actually the ONE question I do have is what is the MAIN reason you bought your car?

Versatility.
It's a small pickup truck.
I don't need a big one. It's just me.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Does YOUR ride say anything about you?