Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 silvaring
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Serious ProfilesPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Plenty of fish. Has been a free Dating site and managed to stay that way for a long time now!!!

Why Pay to be a serious member,,, All this seem to be doing is lining someone's pockets!!

You wont change the way people feel about your profile just because it has a yellow dot next to it!! and you wallet or purse is a few £ lighter!!!!
 pantsonfire
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 3/9/2009 3:06:14 AM
Do players and non serious dater's not have £6 or so to spend on entertainment then?

I'm damned sure that if I so wished, I could find that amount without any difficulty, not sure it would change my situation overmuch though...

The whole premise of this site was 100%!! That has been hugely compromised and probably damaged beyond repair... A pity really, because although I do not use the dating aspect of this site, I have recommended it to a number of single friends, many of whom are on here still...

I shan't be recommending a PAY site.. There are millions out there already and they're all pretty much of a muchness.. The fee free aspect of this site was what made it unique and so popular...

A shame...
 seabass15
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 3/11/2009 4:57:11 AM
As there are a lot of intelligent peeps out there .
Why dont we start our own site.
no way, am I going to pay for something which is advertised to be free. where are trading standards. .
I think some w/anker is trying, to take the pixx. typical yank. suck you in then blow you out in bubbles.
PS I just had to edit my post. I wonder how long it is before admin move or delet this thread. I am expecting to see a lot of flak over this thread
 restless_native
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 3/11/2009 5:47:42 AM
Apparently a lot of the serious members have been given the status for nothing. There are people complaining in the help section that they've been given it, don't want it and can't remove it. It does make you wonder how many people in reality have been dumb enough to actually pay for it.

Men can expect women making first contact 9x more than before! (This one is shocking)

I also noticed this line in the propaganda on the serious member page. Maybe I'm being cynical. But, how could this possibly be known when the scheme has been running for such a short length of time?

The whole thing can't possibly be bullsh1t can it?
 aphrodite000
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 3/11/2009 4:57:08 PM
I paid A$29.50 for three months because I thought it would deter the' Root and runners" but after reading your threads I wish I hadn't. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
 Cargy.
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 3/11/2009 5:43:51 PM
hmmmm... Didn't the Nazis force the Jews to wear yellow stars?

...On the whole, I'm tempted to use the famous phrase "Badges? Badges? We don' need no steenkeen' badges"
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 3/12/2009 7:10:03 AM
12 in my matches! The 40+ ladies of Staffordshire, Cheshire and Derbyshire must be serious daters. However, it must be said that not the one of those twelve look in the slightest bit serious.

Most are blondes mind you, they must have a lotta bottle anyways.
 restless_native
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 3/14/2009 10:11:04 AM

This is not a troll post or a personal attack on the admin - I am merley pointing out the inherant flaw in the system

It's not a flaw. It's quite a common tactic on the paid dating sites. Women are given free membership to entice gullible, desperate blokes to part with their cash.

It's simply a marketing tactic which could also be referred to as a scam if you weren't feeling benevolent.
 oggers
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 3/14/2009 10:14:21 AM
Personally, I am very shallow and desperate , and I am very pissed off that I have not been given a free yellow blob .............

... have ANY blokes been given a free random yellow blob ...?!
 lucky24x7
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 5/29/2009 9:19:23 AM
I think "Serious Profiles" are somewhat a ridiculous concept here as what does this really mean? serious in what way? desperate enoug tho be here 24 hours a day?
sillyenough to believe you will attract the right people by putting a yellow sticker on your profile?
Well, lots of people pay lots of money for silicone implants , still along the same lines of misleading potential partners, and for some it works... even though it may mean: look I paid big money to have a surgeon stick stuff inside my body to help me fool you and get you to think that I am more..... (whatever that is) that I really am.... now you will love me, wontcha...

But let's not forget
Even with the option topayt for something as ridiculous as a Serious User sticker, this site is FREE for normal, Non Serious users and it is far better that any other one I have seen and I think we should appreciate that even if we don't want to get serious
This is my kind of users, realy , I am looking for Natural, warm, kind, sexy and a bit crazy Woman, not for a Serious User ... by the way, user of of what?
 lucky24x7
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Serious Profiles
Posted: 5/29/2009 9:30:40 AM
While I think that to havea Serious User sticker on one's profile is a serious matter (and pretty funny /ridiculous too) I accept (we all should) that some people just got it stuck there, in an exercise aimed at creating that devide that most of us would want to pay to cross, to "keep up with the Johnes'es"

I believe that a "serious person is something desirable: (user can be missleading... user of what)

A serious ... let's say Fish, is a , sincere, honest person friendly, positive who is really, genuinely trying to meet somebody, make friends find a partner along the lines expressed, whatever those lines are and regardless to the person's looks, qualities, or ability to spell: long term, dating, activity partners, intimate encounters, NSA one nighters,... as chances are there are other people who want the very same thing (POF, really)
It's false pretenses, misleading statements, etc mean character, needlessly offensive statements and profiles, like the ones that start beating you up before you have even said a word, that I find relly unpleasant and a sticker on them won't address the matter
Perhaps not 100% to your point but then... well, I may be that sort of not 11% to the point fish
 zelda878
Msg: 123
Serious Profiles
Posted: 6/10/2012 8:40:39 PM
I dont have a yellow blob )o:
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >