Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > MARDI GRAS AFTERMATH - 2nd try! lol      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 26
MARDI GRAS AFTERMATH - 2nd try! lolPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I can't wait to see Marsh's pictures, come on hurry up.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 27
MARDI GRAS AFTERMATH - 2nd try! lol
Posted: 3/8/2009 8:49:15 PM
Tallshy, you can post in a few seconds!
 previouslyme
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/8/2009 8:49:27 PM
Worth a heck of a lot more, even without decorations. The food in itself was worth a lot more than a couple bucks last night. Don't know where to begin. I know the time I was at the door, at least 30 bucks went in. One guy came back after getting change for a 20 and put at least a couple in.
 suepug1122
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/8/2009 8:52:15 PM
LOL..I think the American honey is gone...Now I remember why my head was thumping this morning...lol Thank you very much!
 Phoenix_41
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/8/2009 9:20:24 PM
OK, I'll try this again, tried to get on earlier and my eyeballs where too sore to look at the screen, I guess that means I musta had a pretty good time

Sue..Lainey...Alicia, I had a super time thanks to ya'll, thanks for taking me in, but I want to know when we went from being a pack of she-wolves to ducks in a row??? I'm not that good w/ today's terminology but does that make us peeps??

AND...a big THANKS!!! to my 2 heroes for the night. Great job, it did finally work I owe ya's and Kevin I forgot your beads...will buy you a drink at the next one, wasn't dodging a payoff, just preoccupied

Shellie and Randy - GREAT JOB!!!!
 TheKidof72
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/8/2009 9:43:43 PM
As far as a cover charges goes, POF states that we are not allowed to charge a cover unless the venue where we are having a party is charging everyone that enters the same cover charge. That is why there is usually a tip bucket or 50/50 drawings to help cover some of the expenses for the host/hostess to put on these great parties. It's not cheap to throw a party for 200 plus people ( or even the smaller venues) and for the most part, the expenses are coming coming out of the host/hostess's own pocketbook, which I know in this economy can be tough when some of those paying for the decorations and door prizes have families at home to support.

As far as the Strat goes, they provide us the ballroom and most of the time, the DJ, drink specials, room discounts, and buffet in exchange for bringing in so many people. Because of this, we ask those who attend the parties to keep this mind when tipping the bartenders. The Strat gives us an awesome venue to hold these huge parties, which there is no place else in St Louis will come close to offering us this.

I know that we have been talking about doing a hog roast/picnic type of thing, but these sorts of parties will cost dearly to put together, I don't expect anyone to have to fork out $300 of their own money to put on a picnic for 300 strangers, but if each person does contibute a little bit at the parties, then when it comes time for the picnic it will be obtainable without costing the host/hostess anything out of their pocket.

So keep this in mind when you attend the next party, even if each person just dropped in a dollar or two, and you have 250 people there, that's $250 towards decorations and having a bigger and better party the next time. We have been fortune enough over the years to have some great people on here that have even donated their services, such as Tony the DJ who has donated his time to DJ some of our parties, and then our great photographer Marsh, who has donated his time to come and take some awesome pics for us to help remember our parties and then there is all of those that help contribute to the door prizes, and to those who put the money in for the tips or drawings. Without all of this, these parties wouldn't be as sucessful.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming..........
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/9/2009 12:06:51 AM
Sue..Lainey...Alicia, I had a super time thanks to ya'll, thanks for taking me in, but I want to know when we went from being a pack of she-wolves to ducks in a row??? I'm not that good w/ today's terminology but does that make us peeps??

Well, I will say that after all this talk of being more BOLD at parties, I took the advice and said some pretty bold things to at least one party goer - shocked the hell out of even myself! We'll wait to see if it pays off.

Phoenix, you have now been initiated into one of our favorite activities at POF parties - THE GOOD LOOKING MAN TOUR!

If only one of those little icons had a camera with a flash bulb, that icon would be perfect! But we DID look like a parade of baby ducks with mama duck in the lead making our way through the bar. (PARTICULARLY when "mama duck" is looking for a specific good looking man). Too much fun, girls! I'm ready for the next "TOUR" coming soon to a venue near you.

FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/9/2009 2:27:49 AM
In defense of those who DID give to the 50/50 drawing MANY of those people threw in more than a dollar, usually 2, some even more. Originally there was a sign directly above the box to help draw attention to it, but I'm not sure where it went. Maybe next round I need a bigger sign and more tape so the sign can't be moved??? lol

So I want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all out fishies and other attendants who DID donate and also to all our door greeters and tame taggers. First time attendees are always impressed with "how well organized" the events are and our volunteers are what make it appear so (even if the hosts ain't too sure about it!) lol
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/9/2009 8:10:02 AM
Clarification of a few things...

Yes, the Strat provides the DJ, freebie food spread, and the BALLROOM ITSELF, for no charge...but decorations, prizes, etc. that are not donated are bought and paid for out of the hosts pockets. I know many have said the decorations do not make a bit of a difference to them, but I can tell you...THEY DO. It's about AMBIENCE, ATMOSPHERE, and PARTY MOOD. It makes the parties MORE than "just a bunch of people in a bar!" I can tell you that, if just the TABLES were not COVERED, it would make a huge difference...the place would not appear as clean, neat, fun....

Also, there has been talk of an all-inclusive gig for summer...a BBQ or Pig Roast...and $300 is NOT gonna cover it. LOL The hosts typically pay for anything that was bought on behalf of them, but not donated...then pay themselves. I know two of us who TIP OUT THE SERVERS/BARTEND as well. At Bobby's Place...the servers were tipped out $20 each...it enables us to be INVITED BACK. :O) Too often when there are free or reduced drinking hours, people tend to forget tips...it is one reason why we have seen more reduced all night drinking, and less freebie or dollar hours. And while charging a cover that the VENUE does not charge for the general public is not allowed....the 50/50 and so on is actually not allowed either. I think Admin turns a blind eye to such when he knows that these parties are not making anyone money...they are strictly paying for THINGS. POF's stance on events, is that they should not cost ANYONE, anything...but realistically, we cannot do that.

Also, HOSTS VOLUNTEER THEIR TIME, ENERGY, & EFFORTS. There have been rumors that we actually get PAID for this. Depending on what the host requests, and the venue...some get comped rooms, comped tabs at most...none are paid for bringing people in. It is done for the FUN OF IT. :O) Personally, I think EVERY regular host should get their tab comped. :O) And I think no one should balk at such! And LASTLY...cause I get endless emails about such....

We host where we WANT TO HOST. :O) Either a place we have a relationship with already, or a new place we want to check out. I consider SPACE and SPECIALS first and foremost, when picking a venue. If they won't cut us killer deals...bye bye! If they cannot host at least 200 or more...bye bye. (Cause we are not allowed to limit attendance, either) I host close to where I live, because hosting also consists of several trips to the venues, typically. :O) I have received emails about "it not being fair" that we do not host in xx area, etc....and like I tell them....ANYONE CAN HOST AN EVENT! Anyone wishing to do so, has MY SUPPORT and ENCOURAGEMENT! I am more than happy to help with suggestions, rules, thread set up, etc....

OK...did NOT mean to get so long and drawn out...I just think while the subject is being discussed, it would be nice to add some FACTS. :O)

Smooches to all!
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/9/2009 8:41:11 AM
Hey Kat, yanno what I was thinking of on the way home yesterday?

Kiss cards... I never get em out! lol

YUPPERS Bay! You're included in that Thank You!
 314kenny
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 9:39:24 AM
Have to apologize to Russ and other party attendees. When I came in early to stock the bar there was very little variety in the walk in cooler. I know that Mike had put in an order with AB for a delivery on Saturday but it never came. I promose that the next Strat function will have plenty of Budweiser. All in all everyone still appeared to have a good time.
 carlhfln
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/9/2009 10:39:01 AM
Ok!! Shellie & Randy my pics are uploaded. I want to apologize to everyone for the date & time being wrong. shet happen!! learning to wipe!! Again...Thanks!! I had a lot of fun.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/9/2009 10:43:25 AM
Hey Shell....I did not take any pics, but I just uploaded some of Sherry's...please add me!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/9/2009 12:29:13 PM
Beads handed out at door...LINDA & RANDY

Decor to fill the ballroom...LAST YEAR's stuff...YES...we recycle and reuse!

Centerpieces, candles, misc...SHELLIE

We also have a couple hip hop happening, really cool PHOTOGRAPHERS, who's livelihood is such...who take photos and upload them for your own viewing, printing, etc use....Thanks to MARSHALL & JIM!

Of course there are also the VENUES who assume the risk of offering FREE FOOD, DJs & BANDS, DRINK SPECIALS SO LOW, they could take a HIT if a party was not successful.

Not to harp on and on about such....but MANY have NO CLUE as to how these events work...some have asked if POF pays the hosts, if they pay for the parties. Some assume the venues cover it all. And others assume that soooo much is collected, they are covered and then some. So this is NOT to harp on about...it is simply to educate.

NOW....could SOMEONE give me uploading priviledges, please? I have about 15 pics of Sherry's to post...although most are my travelling boob bar shots! LOL
 whatever0001
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/9/2009 12:56:57 PM
Hey Kenny, could you order up some more Mich light for the next party too???? I think I only got 1 and then, all gone.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/9/2009 1:52:03 PM
"The next party" is @ Hazzards, Sherry! LOL Fvckin' with ya'...but I will make sure that Todd (who was at this party, by the way!) orders up plenty of it! ;) In fact....any requests for specific beers, shots for the shot special spectacular, or other booze....should be mentioned in the Patrick was a Saint...I ain't party thread!
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/9/2009 2:12:53 PM
If you've not noticed, you're up Kat! lol
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/9/2009 3:20:09 PM
I saw, I saw...but it won't load, it won't load! Will try laterz....got a couple "server busy" messages when replying to emails, too. Argh. Looks like those "serious member/dater" badges might be creating havoc?!
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/9/2009 3:55:55 PM
Badges? those don't look like no stinking badges! LOL I'd call em big ass yellow dots!

You're up, Michael!

I am soo diggin the pics! lol
 imbelievn2ru
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 4:13:35 PM
SUSIESTL wrote:

looks like a wild n crazy party.....

One thing was missing.....
I didn't see you! Can't wait til you get back on your toezies again!

Great host/hostess at this party.

For everyone that attended: Please remember that this is not a money maker of any form. Everyone that host an event has expenses to be covered by donations, finding places of biz that will work with them, and other creative ways to make it even better.

NO 50/50 Draws, raffles, or any money collecting schemes are to be conducted by any POF member or venue staff whereby a Host/co-Host or any POF individual stands to profit in any way shape or form.

HOST/HOSTESS cannot advertise for an Event in which there are minimum requirements by the venue (for example: 300 guests needed to be able to Host the Event at that venue) We do not want Hosts putting up any upfront funds and then incurring losses

<div class='quote'> NOTE: Event coordinators please correct me on the policy if I am wrong
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/9/2009 4:14:08 PM
LMAO Shell...and what is really SERIOUSLY HILARIOUS...is that Markus has "the badge" and is NOT serious about dating, because he has a girlfriend!

Oh well...maybe it will go over...but not for me.

Will try uploading Sherry's pics again, a little later. :)
 ThatRussGuy1
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 4:27:52 PM
kenny theres no need for you to be sorry about the bud shortage i know thoes things happen,its not like you do the ordering of the beer....so its all good. i still had a great time.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/9/2009 4:47:31 PM
Woo hoo Marsh! Thank you!!!!

I know when I FIRST got downstairs a few people took some pics of Randy and I together. Anyone know who those people were?????
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/9/2009 4:51:32 PM
Ummm...you mean around 9:00 Shellie....VERY fashionably late?!

*Kitty takes off like a bat outta hell!*
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 50
Pics Up!
Posted: 3/9/2009 4:53:22 PM
I'll have to check out the pics again a little later, now that a lot of them are up!
Awesome time had by all...will add that I always attempt to offer a larger tip at the end of the night, 'for those that can't, don't, won't, don't think they can or won't at all' (need I say more?! LOL ~ my guy was like, 'honey don't, I told him, 'oh yea baby, when they take care of me and all of my friends, then I will' ~ It makes it better for me the next time when I walk through their doors and want to be served or even acknowledged..I just feel better about it.

So Thank you Dave, the bartender for the shots at the end of the night..they weren't necessary, but everyone enjoyed them!!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > MARDI GRAS AFTERMATH - 2nd try! lol