Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 joonya_
Msg: 22
Dating and having Sex for Men..Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
This thread has more problems than a math book...
 Brunette Girl 425
Msg: 23
Dating and having Sex for Men..
Posted: 3/9/2009 1:34:47 PM
This thread has more problems than a math book...

LOLOLOL Joonya.

Could also write 'this thread has more issues than Cosmo'.

rickxyz
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/9/2009 1:39:56 PM

if Dr.Phil said " hey play with your penis 4 times a while standing on one foot before you go to bed and then you'll meet the woman of your dreams
- that was his best show!!! I had to get shoe inserts though :(
 MysticalM
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/9/2009 1:41:38 PM
Good gawd... sounds like this show needs to be renamed Dr.Springer.

Wanna bet this "one woman" was painstakingly hand picked due to the possibility of her reactions? I bet the smell in the studio that day was pretty thick from all the BS.

Not only that, but there are also males that react the exact same way. This is NOT a gender related issue... although it does tend to be more common in females... either that or it's just more common for men to whine about it. (okay... relax... that last part was a joke guys.... )

JMHO

Arabianangel
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/9/2009 1:44:42 PM

Im sure if Dr.Phil said " hey play with your penis 4 times a while standing on one foot before you go to bed and then you'll meet the woman of your dreams" , there will be some idiot who will swear by it and will be on his show promoting it.

And the ICEMAN does it again!
 spacetolet
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/9/2009 1:50:19 PM
I can't believe someone wants to delete this thread, cause it's obvious this is were the parties at!

I wish they had picked me for this assignment.

I probably would have hooked up with the first fake working-class hottie they threw at me.

I guess I'll never have my fifteen minutes of infamy.
 LonestarStar
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/9/2009 3:08:30 PM
Finally, somebody made a good point!!! I'm completely exhausted from reading these posts...bashing men and women....you're a gold digger...you're shallow...you're materialistic....you don't have your heart in the right place....money doesn't matter....being a good person should be enough....all that matters is love!!! ITS NOT TRUE!! Another post had it exactly right, it's the people that are unsuccesful and broke that always have something negative to say. If you are okay alone, and especially if you are over 50, and have spent your whole life, working, married, raising children...then you should be holding out for someone that is "perfect for you". If you are educated, well employed, financially stable, in good health, own your own home, drive a nice car, have no children living at home, and no horrible ex lurking in the shadows, of course there are conditions for a relationship. Isn't the purpose of a NEW relationship to enhance your life, not bring you down and complicate it???? So men keep insisting on these things because most successful women do!!!

Amen, amen, and amen! I'm glad someone else said it, and not me. I've noticed that men who have a lot to offer have just as many standards as women who have a lot to offer. They may be different standards, but that's to be expected.
People who are afraid they'll be found lacking tend to drop their own standards so no one has the *right* to expect anything from them. Which would be fine, but it seems to be a breeding ground for bashing other people who do have higher standards.
If you're happy with who you are and what you have to offer and the type of people you attract, why in the world would you care what other people are looking for?

it's OK to have expectations. Just not to pretend they don't exist.

Agreed. And if your expectations don't match the expectations of the type of person you're trying to attract, be prepared to be single for a loooooooong time.
 thaiyellow
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/9/2009 3:31:49 PM
shortsweet50ish~ I agree, enhancement!

as to a post of yours on another thread (I am not a guy and you wanted only male answers understandably given your said experiences with some women here)~ I wonder what you are wondering too. It happens to me and I am over it as well~ if I am "just not into someone" why does it have to be taken personally, and at times lead to retaliation. I have the right to say, thank you but no.
 catkin2007
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/10/2009 10:35:07 AM
First off, not all men and women are that messed up. There are some men and women out there who beat to a different drum. They want happiness, love, communication, friendship and more with someone of the opposite sex.... not who they are defined by jobs, wealth and keeping up with the Joneses...

I myself would take honesty and communication over a man who was GQ and wealthy. Reason, I want the real man... not the image.... big difference.
 wild heart
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/10/2009 10:58:17 AM
You know some People will accept things as gospel much more readily if you tell them Oprah or Dr.Phil said it first, good Lord......... first thing I never listen, read, watch purchase anything by Dr.Phil, Oprah, Geraldo and who ever is on the tube.

Yeah really, if I had known I could make that much money spouting stuff we already know........

Honestly, who cares? I don't care whether another man or woman is looking for something in particular. I'm looking for what I'm looking for and that's it. If some woman wants a man who makes lots of money, go ahead, there are men out there that are willing to fulfill that role.

I'm with DJ and Abelian on this one.

it's OK to have expectations. Just not to pretend they don't exist.

Like that. I've been saying for years to anybody that will listen that we ALL have expectations of some sort. We are kidding ourselves if we don't. We all dream, imagine, want, love and need. But we don't "expect" anything? Uh huh. Like when I go out on a first date, I have expectations that it might lead to more dates. To me that's a positive way of looking at it. Should I go out with the expectation that its gonna suck?
 mynamesnotjesus
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/10/2009 11:07:42 AM
Did NO one else watch "The Science of Sex Appeal?" Did no one pay attention in high school?

One, of many, studies done involved pictures of several male model types given a rank of attraction (individually, not against each other). Researches then put a job title, income, or an expensive car with the model and had women judge,by number, their attraction. Adding income or the illusion of wealth ALWAYS made the rank higher. Adding a (generally associated such as janitor) bad title, low income, or piece of crap car ALWAYS led to a lower score. By a significant number of points.
Men were always seen as more attractive if they were associated with greater than average security in resources. They were always less attractive if seen as having less.

Men, inherently/biologically reinforced, insist on health and perceived ability to have kids (looks & body type ratios). Not to mention needing guarantees that the child we are caring for has his DNA (precum is a spermicide for a reason).

Women, inherently and reinforced by body and brain chemistry, are more picky as they (biological imperative) have to not only focus on the health and virility of the guy, but also are driven (biologically) to choose who is best able to provide sustenance and support while they are partially incapacitated by pregnancy AND the future of the child.

.it's Ok for you to insist on health, job, no ex-relations around, home ownership or religion. They do.

They also menstruate, get pregnant, and go through menopause. Are you lobbying the government to fund research into making everyone able to do the same?

Or instead of looking at it like a four year old "Her bed time is at 11! Mines at 10! That's not fair! I want 11!" You might want to look at why women insist or want certain things. Maybe try and understand where the motivations come from. Might lead to amazing insight.
 givinitawhirl
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/10/2009 11:13:25 AM
dr. phil... bahhahahahahahahahahaha.... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr okay!!!!
 mopar123
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/10/2009 9:19:38 PM
Don't know 'bout anyone else but I find Sponge Bob relevent and meaningful
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/8/2017 8:14:22 AM
I got news for you.

As a dating veteran on the scene for several years, most women frown upon renters.

Heck, the majority of female homeowners I've met either receive alimony or used an inheritance to obtain their homes.

Total hypocrisy
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2017 10:06:35 PM
Clooneys,
I think it is the multiple marriages that have left you in reduced circumstances perhaps that may be the red flag. . From what you say you live in a small bachelor apartment and that is not a huge drawcard, granted. A woman with her own home is not going to settle for a guy with less.... How she got that property is not relevant.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/11/2017 11:03:06 AM

A woman with her own home is not going to settle for a guy with less..

Only if she is a "Material Girl" and makes her whole existence about money.

Sad.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >