Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > No kids,never married, what kinda midlife crisis they go through?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Moonchild51
Msg: 101
view profile
History
No kids,never married, what kinda midlife crisis they go through?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

I have a 9' x 6.5 round penis, I wear size 36x34 pants and size large shirt, all my bills are paid off with money in the bank.

^^No one will have you even with this clearly stated in your profile honey? lmao...
 SoCA92220
Msg: 102
No kids,never married, what kinda midlife crisis they go through?
Posted: 5/31/2013 1:17:11 PM
When I was 40-years-old I went through a mid-life crisis and I'm single, no children, not in a relationship and independently wealthy. I felt burned out being a Chiropractor and dealing with the public. So I quit work and went back to get a degree in Chinese Oriental Medicine. What a relief! For me, my mid-life crisis was I felt "stuck" in my personal growth and I needed to move forward. I'm sure married women and men feel similar in that they feel "stuck" in life.
 sunsunsun4
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/7/2013 1:59:40 AM
I had my "crisis" a couple of years ago, and coming out of it has been AMAZING. I did somewhat the opposite of what many do: I went from super active and social to a quieter, more focused life.

Without doing adequate research, I moved from a metropolis to a small town I call "Green Acres." The profession I'd been in for years suddenly dried up for me. Trying to get work in my field resulted in situations so fruitless, it was almost comical. There's little to do here (also badly researched), so I haven't been distracting myself at clubs, festivals, etc. I've spent a lot of time in Nature, meditating. I've gone through a rigorous self examination of my life and mission.

I started charging money for what I've done out of love all my life: consult on animal behavior. I turned the experience of my younger years and my volunteerism into a career I absolutely love.

No motorcycle for me. I drive my GM vintage tank all over the place, enjoying the hum of the motor. It has room for a dog and horse training gear. I just have to deal with people who think my incredible kinship with animals is a bit wacky. I don't care. I've "come out of the closet" with my profound love for Nature and animals, and it's a blast.

I feel a lot younger than I am, and am often mistaken for being younger. Not immature, younger :-D Another thing that's really cool: I'm working with managerial people who are 20 years younger, and finding common ground. The love of animals has no age, and my life experience is considered a bonus.
 Miss_ing
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/18/2013 10:46:18 PM
From the advice you give I have thought you were well put together. So I don't think of you as a loser but a good person with high expectations. But I understand the mid-life depression because I had one. Well, I am still going through it. I should have.....and this...had that...and on and on the condemnation goes. With all these couple show on T.V. I felt like a loser too. But I am digging myself out of it and everyday I listen to my needs, my wants and my happiness. And everyone elses opinion be tossed to the wayside cause they need to meet my expectation. You are great cause you are a good person.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/20/2013 8:28:58 AM
Mid life crisis are not just a relationship crisis; so it is not just those married or living together who go through them.

They are usually an identity crisis from someone who looks at their biological clock ticking and all of a sudden are flooded with a sense of their mortality; feel trapped by where they feel they are in life; and have this incredible desire to recreate themselves to recapture the essence of themselves that they feel they have missed out on. So they can slow don their mortality; regain their lost youth and find in themselves who they think they should be at that point; not who they feel they have become stuck becoming.
 cinammonn
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/20/2013 7:17:18 PM
I imagine 'they' are bored to death but I'm sure there is a lot to be said for living your life on your own terms without compromising.
 LinuxD
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2013 11:10:09 PM

Im just curious i hear alot of stories on how only married men/women go through midlife crisis. what about the single men and women who are older than 45 that have never been married? do they still go through a midlife crisis? If their single never married, never had kids, they don't really have a mini van to trade in for a motorcycle in the first place. what do these people go through? how does it feel? what are their symptoms?

What do these people go thru?
Pretty much the same ups and downs as everyone else.

I own outright everything I have and do as I please when I please. No panic and thinking "Where has my life gone?"
I know where it's been and where it's going.

How does it feel?

Liberating at times, lonely at times but over all enjoyable.

What are the symptoms?

Hopping in the car at a moments notice and bailing for a destination 700 miles away on my own terms and schedule,just because I can,is one. Not having to live by others schedules when I am not working is another,and watching crappy scifi movies at 3 a.m. while enjoying peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and a glass of wine if I choose is yet another.

Yeah it sucks to be going thru a mid life crisis when you are single ;)
 elmuchoburrito
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/12/2013 10:07:10 PM
A trip to Europe sounds nice, and about well overdue
If you plan them right - you can have several 'midlife crisis' episodes
may they all involve somewhere exotic, warm and with something fast.
 forums1
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/13/2013 5:55:07 PM
One could say I'm going through it now (at 49)... I hadn't been very happy with work the past few years, and was laid off a few months ago, and quite honestly I'm wondering if I even want to go back into the field (IT). At the least I would prefer a smaller company, because most of my life I've been in "Fortune-500" companies and, well, the bigger the company the bigger the stupid politics. Basically just, in a way, after 28 years now in the same field, and it's changed drastically from what it once was, not sure I really want to go back to it.

Then again, it does pay the bills (thankfully my house is paid off and I have some decent savings to fall back on).
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/13/2013 7:20:18 PM
I have a feeling that their midlife crisis symptoms would be getting married !
 christoriented
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2015 10:10:17 PM
You have had your fun all these years, and I would not want to be your caretaker after all your good years were spent serving yourself! Keep doing what you've been doing. No need to slow down now.
 christoriented
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2015 10:13:06 PM
I for one would not want to be their caretaker!
 springorfall
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2015 7:44:51 AM
I think a midlife crisis is more to do with realizing that you're 'mid-life' (half-way through life, at best) without having accomplished what you thought you would, or without being who you wanted to be. People panic and try to make up for that lack with material things, inappropriate relationships that they might not otherwise have attempted and anything else that might approximate something similar to what they feel they've missed or are missing.

Having responsibilities have kept me grounded, but it is a scary thing how increasingly quickly time passes now.
 Maleman999
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/26/2015 9:37:23 AM
I never had to worry about a midlife crisis because I never had enough money to buy a $100,000 sports car or a Harley, and I never had the desire to grow my hair long enough to have a ponytail.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/26/2015 4:33:55 PM
Never had the need to have a crisis. Never married, no children and have always done what I wanted.
Grew my hair long many years ago, spend stupid amounts of money on a car and drive my family nuts because they cannot comprehend my lifestyle. LOL
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2015 6:30:28 PM
springorfall

My take on it all is that I believe in many many lives and that we get to do all we wish to do, and have to do, sooner or later. There is no" we only have one life" etc.

We all have regrets about missed opportunities etc., bad decisions made perhaps. I am quite philosophical about it all and did the best I could have done, at the time. Made choices and have to live with them. There are many things I am proud of and a few I am not. That is life.

Midlife crisis?? That is more and more later in life nowadays. Not so very very long ago midlife was in your twenties and now it can be late forties. In the future it will be in our sixties..... I saw a number plate that read "MIDLIFE CRISIS" once on a snazzy red convertible and a man in his late fifties got out accompanied by the obligatory trophy blonde, I had to smile.....
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2015 6:32:37 PM
Dragracer

Like you I have never formally married, did not have kids, more than likely not able to and I really have never wanted the conventional family life. There are those that judged me for it, snubbed me for it but then I hear so many married people unhappy and envy my single lifestyle and the amount of freedom I have. You sound like the male version of me,
I love it!!
 bamagrl68
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/30/2015 5:20:22 PM
LinuxD- First, I'll comment to the OP.
I have been guilty of using the term "mid life crisis", but it's something that is repeated more than is accurate.
Some people who come out of long term relationships and loose their minds were idiots to start with.
Some just want to experience things they didn't because they feel like they missed out.
I don't think it matters whether or not children are involved.
Not everyone wants children and it's better they don't have them if they don't want them, I see nothing wrong with being childless.
To you, LinuxD, what you said hits home for me.
Finding myself single was SO weird at first, now, four years single, I like the freedom.
I don't have to share the remote, I can go and do whatever I want and not have to explain why or worry about a fight. If I don't want to cook, no one's mad, I can just make a sandwich, I can watch scary movies or my murder mystery shows without someone thinking I'm warped, I can blast my music and sing along and sometimes mess up the words. I can laugh, relax.
It feels pretty darn good, I must admit.
I'm not having a midlife crisis, I'm happy again, for the first time in a long time and it's wonderful :)
 Pepperpoodle
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/24/2015 5:20:52 AM
Some people will never go through the crisis. Everybody's wants and needs differ on what they think will be a "full life." Personally I've never had a problem with aging, it's the youth obsessed society that totally ignores the population over 35.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2015 4:15:45 PM
I never have a problem with aging either.

When I stop aging, it means I'm dead.
 kj521
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/24/2015 4:43:47 PM
Omg! Ms. Pepperpoodle!

My 14 yr old daughter has her head cropped on your exact pic! Lol

Are you on Instagram? I wondered whose pic it was! ;)
 clooneystutor
Msg: 122
Mid LIfe Crisis = No Wife Opportunity
Posted: 6/24/2015 5:02:11 PM
I figure this is a great time to spend on me before my next victim can stop me :)

Oluben gives sage advice Pepper..listen carefully.

Mr. Clitheroe is a strong man indeed, and takes his ladies to IHop for breakfast...
 123nightmoves
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/24/2015 5:02:38 PM
To Oluben....lol.

I think if I was going to paste my head on a body I'd maybe make a different choice.
 TedJMill
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2015 9:19:26 AM
I had a reverse midlife crisis, buying a house and moving in with a woman who had a preteen daughter. Big mistake.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 6:54:22 PM
Today .2018.It isn't so much about having a mid life crisis
but is more about assuming someone else is having one.
We've entered a period called instant gratification.It's
much easier assume things about others so we can just move on
to the next.That's a social crisis we're currently experiencing!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > No kids,never married, what kinda midlife crisis they go through?