Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oljeepjim
Msg: 56
view profile
History
What does voluptuous mean to you?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
voluptuous \-che-wes\ adj 1 : giving sensual gratification 2 : given to or spent in enjoyment of luxury or pleasure syn luxurious, epicurean, sensuous voluptuously adv voluptuousness n

(C) 1995 Zane Publishing, Inc. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary (C) 1994 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 60
What does voluptuous mean to you?
Posted: 3/14/2009 12:35:32 PM
~OT~ Even tiny women can be voluptuous. I think others got it right: curvaceous. One doesn't have to be "thick" to have curves in the right places. (Oh, and not all small women have an aversion to food ~ I'm an eating machine.)
 TheToefactor
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/14/2009 12:46:29 PM

(Oh, and not all small women have an aversion to food ~ I'm an eating machine.)

do you have hollow legs?...

to me voluptuosus is a politically correct term that stands for a little bit of junk in the trunk.

Men can be voluptuosus too.
 ronhewitt
Msg: 67
voluptuos means sexy like tomboy who wont reply
Posted: 3/18/2009 2:21:39 PM
thought id try this same town really want to hear from tomboy man can dream right and love to cook so girls gotta eat
 Fifi47
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/18/2009 5:00:11 PM
I consider myself to be voluptuous, although i do not have a typical hourglass shape or huge hips or butt. Plump, rubenesque, busty and zaftig all work for me.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/16/2010 10:31:33 AM
Voluptuous like beauty, and many other words in the dictionary are to an extent subjective.

Voluptuous originally meant CURVACEOUS.
Think Kim Kardashian, Catherine Bell, Vida Guerra.

Until big/fat women got tired of describing themselves honestly and wanted to use sexier/more vague terms, like curvy, voluptuous, hourglass, etc

to me hourglass/voluptuous is NOT synonimous with FAT.

many females on this site identify themselves with these terms and I find it misleading, because i've known many petite-average(5'0 - 5'6 115-135lbs) CURVY women, j-lo booty and C-D cups)

and THAT is what I and most men think of when we think voluptuous.
 whytwater
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/16/2010 11:07:36 AM
Barbie, or Lil Annie Fanny. But with hips. Oh, and substance.

Actually, when you say "voluptuous", I'm thinking Rabelaisian woman, with a kinda earthy attitude. But that's just me (the attitood add-on).
 untamedspirit009
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/16/2010 2:32:00 PM
according to internet dating: it equates to being 'fat'....overly 'obese' etc....(laughing my ashnet off) doesn't anyone have a clue?

Many if not all women can and are 'voluptuous'...(quoted from websters) full of delight or pleasure to the senses conducive to or arising from sensuous or sensual gratification. When did being voluptuous become the new 'big boned' 'obese' 'huge knockers' etc...?????

I consider myself voluptous and curvacious. With this meaning ::: I am not extremely thin nor excessively overweight. I am full figured and carry my body size well (in my mind-your thoughts of my body image are yours exclusively), my waist isnt 10 inches smaller than the breasts or backside...it is a mere 4 inches ...the ribs are there, the curve is there and the hips are as well. I don't wear a size 3 as I did fresh out of high school, I have grown in mental and physical aspects of life. So, what is the big issue of being unlike the figures we see on magazines and being compared to them by others?

I am happy with who and what I look like, if it isn't your cup of tea...don't accept a sip.

To each their own...well wishes.

me.
 Strong Women Of God
Msg: 76
Posted: 1/16/2010 3:11:02 PM
It means curves very curvy and a big bust not fat.I should know because I am built like that I have been told.
 Fifi47
Msg: 77
Posted: 1/16/2010 4:37:17 PM
I have a large bust and am plump and do not have an hourglass shape and am also told that I am voluptuous by most men I date, so as some have suggested......it means different things to different people.
 TravelingLight
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/16/2010 11:01:14 PM
Voluptuous means ample curves and a body suggesting a highly developed sexuality and sensuality.

It must not be fat to the point of not being shapely.

Personally I prefer average to thin. Not a big fan of fat but, as in all things, there are other elements to consider.
But strictly from a physical appeal perspective, I prefer average to thin.
 Fifi47
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/17/2010 3:23:59 AM
I wonder if companies who sell clothes in smaller sizes deal with the damaged self esteem of some women who wear very small sizes. After all, everyone does not look the same and self esteem issues are not limited to fat women. Highly developed sexuality and sensuality are personality traits, are they not? Again, I missed the memo telling me that because I do not have an hourglass shape and a certain waist/hip ratio I am not voluptuous or sexual and sensual. This fat woman learns something new everyday here in POF land. (sarcasm dripping from her lips as she types)
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/17/2010 8:57:12 AM
Curvy, Curvaceous, Voluptuous, Height/weight proportional, Large frame, Ample, Huggable, Full figured, cuddly, plump, bbw and the list goes on.

All words that now are interpreted as meaning fat. You can google it, I did just to make sure...and be honest most guys will see read into it that way. Funny there's fun cool hip terms for bald or short or fat men really, the only one i've seen for big men is husky.

But its like women just can't stand admitting they are fat, I don't get why, some guys LOVE BIG WOMEN, and when you shy away from admitting you are indeed fat, those guys will end up disliking you because you are so uncomfortable.

Its funny though my ex was 5'1 and 120lbs and a natural D cup, and a lil waist and big ol booty (think vida guerra look) and to me THAT'S curvy.

To all the women who said screw that guy or whatever...ladies you are just as bad...if a guy who was 5'5 came up and asked you out...majority of you would send him packing even if he was a cool cat/great guy...different genders = shallow bout different things.
Evidence on here...how many women's profiles list a height requirement....how many men's profiles list a weight requirement?
 Fifi47
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/17/2010 9:04:14 AM
I tell everyone that I am fat, and believe it or not, the men who like larger women tell me that I am not fat enough for them and/or do not have the shape they like 99.9 percent of the time. If I was a thin woman I would shy away from profiles that list a weight requirement, as those men are a bit naive...weight is distributed differently depending on body shape...men should state that they require a certain size, weeds out the women who wear a larger size, but then there are the ones who say they are a size 2 and are really a size 6 stuffed into a size 2, etc. etc. etc.
 happycamper250
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 9:36:37 AM
Not one of these skinny tooth picks but someone who has a little extra in all the right places. someone who looks like a woman not a boy and then a little more.
 happycamper250
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 9:57:33 AM
The women illustrated by the 17th century artist Peter Poul Rubens comes to mind.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/17/2010 10:15:00 AM
HappyCamper CLEARLY were not talking about toothpicks...but TRY to tell me Kim Kardashian is a tooth pick? (google her if you have to)

not saying she's fat...saying THAT to me is curvy and HOT.

just seems like people don't get that their is in between extremes (thin-fat)

FIFI: OBVIOUSLY the guys who like BIG women are gonna say you aren't fat enough...what did you expect....that's like 2 anorexics asking each other if they think they are thin enough....you know what will be said.

you also say this
If I was a thin woman I would shy away from profiles that list a weight requirement, as those men are a bit naive
so would you say the same to women who put height requirements on their profiles?? do realize if you say yes that makes you a total hypocrite.
 Fifi47
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/17/2010 10:55:11 AM
I think the men are naive because two women can weigh the same thing and have a totally different body shape. My neighbor is 5'5'' and weighs 150 pounds and wears a size 8. She has a muscular body type and is flat chested. My mother is 5'5'', weighs 139 and wears a size 10 or 12. She has an hourglass shape with boobs. Some men who like fat women like them a certain size. I have encountered more than a few who want a woman to have a certain body shape and be a size 22 or 24, anything smaller is too small and anything bigger is too big. Many people are of average weight and height , the majority of people online probably are in the average range as far as weight and height.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 11:16:11 AM

OBVIOUSLY the guys who like BIG women are gonna say you aren't fat enough...what did you expect....that's like 2 anorexics asking each other if they think they are thin enough....you know what will be said.

well, no... it's NOT obvious.

i get the same thing.

at 5 foot 2 and size 16, i'm too fat for the great majority of men in this world.

but for those who like larger women, i'm too small. it's discouraging.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 11:33:09 AM
^^^i think a lot of men would like to be able to block women of certain sizes from contacting them. and that's an observation formed from YEARS of reading the PoF forums.

PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/17/2010 11:35:54 AM
I meant its obvious that guys who like fat girls will like them truly big. Just like guys who like skinny girls will not like them kind of skinny.

Divine, i'm not going to pity you in anyway, because that wouldnt help you out, hell i'm 5'9 average height, and I read profiles by women all the time stating they want 6footers so I understand how you feel...but I just brush it off and move on.

Fact is I don't need a gazillion people to like....I want 1 person to love me.
 Fifi47
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/17/2010 11:38:47 AM
If their profiles would say they are not interested in a woman over a size 8 or whatever, larger women surely can read and would not contact them. I cannot imagine wanting a man of a certain height and weight and appearance as I am not wired that way, but whatever floats their boats.....
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/17/2010 11:51:20 AM
It has nothing to do with being "wired a certain way"

and i've never met a guy who fixated on a NUMBER for women's weight...most men just like to look at women and not see rolls, and be able to wrap their arms around them (not halfway)

i've never heard a man say oooh she's 140lbs I wouldn't date her, 130lbs and less please.

If anything women fixate on numbers more often. In my experience those numbers are INCOME and HEIGHT. Mostly height.
 Fifi47
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/17/2010 11:59:04 AM
Then why all these posts from men about them being attracted only to women who have hourglass shapes and who are a certain size and shape ? They say they cannot help being attracted to what they are attracted to and quote some research study crap. I do believe they use the term "wired a certain way" when people talk about being attracted to a certain type woman. Look at male profiles on POF. I have seen plenty that talk about how a woman must be a certain height and weight and appearance. My experience says that few women are into men being a certain height or have a certain income. I should hope that women my age are into things that are more important in the long run than someone's income or height.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/17/2010 12:06:27 PM
If not many women are into only men of a certain height how come:
a) there are sh1tloads of women's profiles saying (don't like shorties/lil fish, 5'10 or over please don't bother msg me, etc)
b) why are there all kinds of threads on this VERY TOPIC with women reaffirming the fact...

I'VE NEVER heard of a man's profile where he specifies a heigh/weight combo for a woman he's looking for EVER.

I don't care about studies....but ya I can tell you i'd rather bring home Kim Kardashian or Halle berry then Mo'nique Imes or Kirstie Allie.

its called PHYSICAL ATTRACTION...everyones likes something in particular.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >