Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LovinLife_01
Msg: 140
What does voluptuous mean to you?Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

What I object to is anyone putting "athletic" when clearly they are far from it...................ROFLMAO

^^^^ True Dat! If someone can put "athletic" when it is obvious they "ain't" then by GAWD....the rest of us, sure as hell can use Curvy, or Voluptuous! Fair is fair!

OMG! Does it really matter what it means to other people?

IMO....what matters is...

What does the term mean to YOU?????

Is that body type attractive to YOU?????

Definition of said term is going to vary depending on the person(s) your asking. What is fat to one, is curvy to another......what is thin to one, is average to another. So what? Just because you disagree with how someone may define their body type …Why stress over it...sheesh! If, you ain't sleeping with it, don't worry about it!

I am not stick thin, but I would never be considered fat either. I am extremely curvy, and some men just dig that. There are men out there who prefer wafer thin women, and those who like very large women, Thank God for them all!!!!!

Exactly!

I, personally, go with a few extra pounds....I feel it is a fair description and it is not misleading anyone. They don't have an option for fat ass.....Plus, I'm a chicken shyt...and don't want to be tarred and feathered by the POF Forum Body Type Police!
 txredbull
Msg: 143
view profile
History
What does voluptuous mean to you?
Posted: 1/27/2010 3:30:40 PM
Its a nice way to say "overweight" to me....usually used when people like "overweight".
 Arabianangel
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/27/2010 10:04:27 PM
^^^^^ True that.
 dangerouscurves02
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/28/2010 2:32:53 PM
my waist is smaller than my hips, my breasts are pretty big and i have a pear shape i consider myself voluptuous which to me is slightly thick not athletic nice and soft and no ROLLS! yuck...alot of women in the south consider BBW to be voluptuous..
 Major_Tom65
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2010 2:41:38 PM
Rachel Welch's picture should be in the dictionary when this word is looked up..
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:17:15 AM
Christina Hendricks = 36-32-36 (she's a D or DD)
Kim Kardashian = 34-26-39 (she's a D or DD)
Sofia Vergara = 37-28-39 (she's a D)
Halle Berry = 36C-22-37

wanna rethink that statement? Cuz its not just large breast...they got small waists yes, but they got bigger hips then Hendricks...(whom I believe is your best example)

p.s I can't in good conscious agree with Hudson, and I believe Mariah packed on some weight recently...I dunno who this Toccara, just looked her up and whoa!
 SexyKG74
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 1:22:47 PM
I agree with PrinceCharmingsCousin...

To the other poster who mentioned people like Tocarra and Jennifer Hudson, I agree these women have curves...but they are also BBW...or at least close to it. I don't feel a woman has to be 200 lbs to be curvacious. I've seen images of Tocarra and Jennifer when they are heavier and thinner. Both ladies are tall, but when they are at their heaviest, they are well over 200 lbs. I think Tocarra at her heaviest was around 235! I read a recent article that discussed celebrity fitness plans and Jennifer was featured discussing what she did to lose weight since having her son last September. She has a great stylist. Yes, she's a busty woman with hips and behind, but if you look at her waist, it is easily between 32"-34"...which is big for a woman.

Off-site, I encounter women all the time who will say they're curvy or voluptuous...some are...many aren't!

I also agree with the person who said if a guy has muscular arms yet has a belly, then he doesn't have an athletic body. Think about it the next time you go to the gym...look at how many guys you will see with chicken legs, muscular arms and beer belly!
 Mmmm.Tony
Msg: 151
Posted: 1/29/2010 2:00:50 PM
Dangerous, is on the border of voluptuous, most women like that were kinna rubenesque. They had thick legs, derrieres, tapered waists and then a healthy portion of bosom.

Kardashian is more 'Barbie' than voluptuous.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 2:58:41 PM
If Barbie were a real person, she would be 6' 0", weigh 100 lbs., and wear a size 4. Her measurements would be 39"/21"/33".

I just found this info on the web...this is why many Americans make the Barbie reference...these measurements are unrealistic for the majority of the women out there...approx 20" difference between bust and waist!?! An 8-10" difference is more realistic.

Personally, if I ever saw a woman with this look...I'd think she had "surgical assistance!"
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/29/2010 5:04:08 PM
Kim Kardashian is like 5'2 dude...no way is she barbie.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:17:48 PM
I consider voluptuous a heigh-weigh porportionate women with a round butt and anything over a D cup in the bust.

On the internet, and spoken by women in America, it means "fat."

-8sf8
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:45:01 PM
Do you have any clue how many times I've had female friends describe one of their fat friends as, "voluptuous?"

Kim Kardashian is voluptuous. Jessica Simpson before she got fat was voluptous. That short, nasty girl from "Jersey Shore" who looks like an overtanned Danny Devito with breasts is NOT voluptuous.

-8sf8
 SexyKG74
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:09:47 PM
To me, the term "voluptuous" in America is used like the term "supermodel"...not properly, at times.

Years ago, I used a phone dating service. When I met a guy who eventually I ended up dating actually told me he was hesitant to meet me because every woman that he had met prior (about 2 dozen) used the term "voluptuous" and/or "curvy..." I described myself as curvy when we spoke on the phone. I never emailed him a photo. He told me the girls who did email photos, they were always photos from the breasts up...you know, the stereotypical boob shots that many busty woman who have the major stomach/rolls/saddlebags use.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:08:08 PM
^^^ I bet he was pleasantly surprised. I know I would be.

YOU are what I consider "voluptuous" or "curvey".

Too many women don't seem to understand that the boobs don't matter if the stomach protrudes as far or farther than the nipples.

-8sf8
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:37:50 PM
^^^^
Without using a corset (you gotta specify man!!)
 Mmmm.Tony
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/30/2010 1:56:09 AM
Barbie is 18", so technically, no one can be her. But her. But there are women who have her shape, not necessarily stature. It's the look not so much the Amazon.
 Fifi47
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/30/2010 4:24:32 AM
I consider myself a voluptuous bbw, and have been told the same by more than a few men. I do not have an hourglass shape, but am not a blob with no shape at all. Some of us do not have an hourglass shape but still have curves, no matter if we are small or large.
 SexyKG74
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2010 7:13:02 AM
8sf8:

PrinceCharmingsCousin: Funny you would mention the corset thing...in America, the undergarment industry is booming because of products that "cinch" a woman in...there are certain things that can make a woman appear to have a waist that's 4" smaller, get rid of the backfat/lovehandles/stomach/trim hip and butt size/even trim her thighs by 2"! If a woman wants to wear it, it's her choice...but I prefer not to. I am what I am...if I ever put on weight, I'd simply police myself and modify my food intake and hit the gym. For most of us, our weight does go up and down....for me, it's 5 lbs. I'd also fear I'd sweat my ass off wearing all that stuff!

I had a guy friend who was seeing a woman...when they finally had sex, he was disappointed because when he saw her naked, her body was NOTHING like it was with clothes...because she wore all of that stuff EVERY day under her clothes, even when she was dressed down! Now before anyone potentially jumps on my case, I know looks aren't everything...but they are OFTEN relatively important when it comes to being attracted to someone in addition to internal qualities. I think the woman should have hung out with him without wearing those things too...don't false advertise! To me, that's just as bad as someone posting pics...but being 20 lbs heavier in the present.

When I'm getting to know a guy, he's going to see me dressed up in heels with makeup, without makeup as shown in my two newer posted pics, sometimes in sweatsuits, and hair in a bun, etc. I want my potential significant other to see ALL sides of me.

Fifi: While for the most part a voluptuous woman has curves in the right places, she doesn't have to be an hourglass...she can even be slightly pearshaped...but not to the extreme.

For example, take a woman who has the following measurements:

38B (she's not busty, she's just wide), 34" waist, 44" hips...while this woman is clearly larger, I personally would not consider her voluptuous...just big. I actually know someone with these similar measurements...and she's 5'3"!
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/30/2010 9:14:44 AM
Brown_eyed_woman: I HAD to check your profile after what you wrote...and to be honest...I really don't know why you are complaining lol, you got the goods, you look hot.

KG: i've been tricked that way too, why do you think I made the comment haha.
 Fifi47
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/30/2010 9:15:08 AM
^^^ I agree, the only shaper thing that I have worn is one that is a pants liner type garment with legs in it that is supposed to make hips and stomache look smaller. It may have made my stomache appear smaller, but it also made my average sized butt and hips look flatter, so it was not worn again. I do not have a pearshaped body and am 5 feet tall, maybe I need to label myself as "short and somewhat curvy and voluptuous and very top heavy:....."
 SexyKG74
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2010 11:20:03 AM
Because of PrinceCharmingsCousin, I had to look at BrownEyedWoman's profile...

To me, she is an attractive, curvy/voluptuos woman who is IN SHAPE. She carries her weight in her breasts and hips, yet she's balanced! Rock it, girlfriend!

You CAN be in shape and STILL have a healthy/curvy body!

Oh yeah...what about Salma Hayek and Catherine Zeta-Jones!?! BOTH women have curvy/healthy bodies, they are not twigs...they are busty with hips, round behinds and small waists.
 LG2727
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2010 9:33:16 PM
Think Marilyn Monroe, she was the epitome of voluptuous. I would much rather look like her then those annorexic models or celebrities even if it isn't what our society thinks is sexy anymore.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 173
Posted: 2/1/2010 9:41:21 PM
Marilyn Monroe was not fat. Many models are not anorexic. And what does "model" mean, anyway? There are hand models and plus size models too.

Marilyn Monroe was voluptuous... because she was in pretty good shape and had kickin' curves. Voluptuous women get to bang the president. Chubby ones just get stains on their****ail dresses.

Fat checks never even make it through the doors.

What I personally think is funny is how women with ANY curves think they're voluptuous. Voluptuous is big T&A.... not that roll of fat that fat women get right above their vajayjay. Location matters.

-8sf8
 EvilLolli
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2010 10:11:38 PM
Really hate to say this, but by today's standards Marilyn Monroe would be considered fat. Size 16, soft, and jiggly(although in the right places).

Even looking at classic voluptuous beauties, the variety is staggering. Bridget Bardot, Sophia Loren, Bettie Page(a B cup BTW), Marilyn, etc. Then for you B-movie buffs there are the Russ Meyers' girls. Add in the Modern Volutuous Beauties-i.e. Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, Scarlett Johansen, Eva Menedes, etc. There is still variety. It's a matter of personal preference.

Though I do agree that it has become the new catch-all phrase for being overwieght for many. Just like Rubinesque has(this used to mean "has a pot belly" in a nice way). A way to try to make something negative sound more attractive.

And personally I consider myself a few pounds over, or pudgy. I have a definate waistline, and curves, but I am too soft in the middle for "Voluptuous". Having curves in general does not make one voluptuous. Having curves in the right proportion to build/frame/height/weight makes one voluptuous.
 Kayara
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 5:20:21 AM

Really hate to say this, but by today's standards Marilyn Monroe would be considered fat. Size 16, soft, and jiggly(although in the right places).

This is actually a big misconception. A size 16 in Marilyn Monroe's day was more like a size 6 today. As the average size of women got bigger, sizes did too. Look at any picture of Marilyn and compare it with any picture of a size 16 woman and the difference is pretty darn profound.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >