Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 178
What does voluptuous mean to you?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Wild-Heart: you ECHO my sentiments...i've heard almost every damn size for her, and to be honest, its probably somewhere in the middle (6-8) and not the mega sizes i've heard claimed about her...there's a few pictures of her working out, and standing next to people...so if you have a good eye for size/symmetry, you could be able to approx tell how big she is...and guaranteed she wasn't a a plus size, she was like 5'5 and her dressmaker's claim her measurements were 35-22-35, i've seen many pictures...she had a flat tummy, and no rolls...so I find it funny when I see bigger women using her as their standard bearer.

Also sizes have been altered, what is now a Large, 25yrs ago, would probably be an xtra large or bigger.
 Mmmm.Tony
Msg: 179
What does voluptuous mean to you?
Posted: 2/2/2010 10:17:24 AM
I think the op wants to know what it means to us. What does voluptuous mean to you. Not to standards. So of course it's going to mean different things to different people and not just as it means to Websters. And to me it means larger than average boobs, a tapered waist and a larger than average derriere with thick thighs and thick shapely calves, but firm and sculpted. Not this BBW stuff, that justifies just about anything. To me BBW is a excuse to not watch what you eat and to not make sure you take care of yourself, heart and weight and means as long as you feel good about yourself and you are over weight. You are beautiful. I seen too many heart attacks and deaths due to that philosophy to agree it's a healthy mind set.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 181
Posted: 2/2/2010 2:07:46 PM
^^^^
She's not super fit, but my point was to illustrate she wasn't the whale people make her out to be.

Your link was that meant to show how thin she was? or how fat she was? (since you mentioned rolls) because she's thin there, but she's executing what's called a vacuum pose, which models and bodybuilders did A LOT from 30's - 70's
 EvilLolli
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 2:39:25 PM
OI! Never said Marilyn was fat! Never said she was a whale. Never said she had rolls. But by today's standards (which include shaving inches off of celebrities and models by airbrushing/photoshop) she would be considered so. When they shave inches off Demi Moore's hips or a model's entire body to give them a thinner image, what more would they have done to Marilyn?

Also a size 16(whatever era's or sizing groups 16), in today's society also conjures images of a large woman. Whether the number is accurate to the size, what many imagine when they hear "size 16" is a large, flabby woman. Look how many here assumed she was being called fat just by mentioning today's standards and a dress size?

Labels are subjective, so each person is going to have their own definition of what a label means. Voluptuous to one is BBW to another, etc.
 Khamrun
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 10:42:26 PM
Phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I've never used an goofy emoticon before!
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 189
Posted: 2/4/2010 10:36:52 AM
Sonoran: so your saying voluptuous = fat to you then.

Wowwhatme: ummmm....read much? its NOT all about boobs otherwise I would have ONLY mentioned their cup size genius...its the fact that they are an equation in the voluptuousness...if they were flat as a board they couldnt be voluptuous...omg you're questioning the measurements I found, but not questioning Hendricks measurements NICE way to slant things in your favor with bias.

Pretty much all the sources you fill find will give those as their measurements...have fun living in denial.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 191
Posted: 2/4/2010 2:09:25 PM
I asked about those women based on how they look NOW, which is normal. I hated cheers, and never watched more then 1 episode because it bored me to death...and other then that I really don't know much of kirstie allie (look who's talking now I think is something else I know her from but thats about it)

OMG!! you're hilarious...I can find 10 different sites, and they will have have within an inch of difference on their measurements...YOU do your research McGrump (Sonoran) you found 1 site that said those were her measurements...I can find another just as reputable that says otherwise, good logic fail!
 Mmmm.Tony
Msg: 194
Posted: 2/4/2010 9:51:10 PM
I saw Angelina Jolie last December from about a foot away, she is not voluptuous. She is painfully thin but has the energy of a horse.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 195
Posted: 2/4/2010 10:05:23 PM
Sonoran you're making fun of MY pics...dude your profile shot is a sh!tty pic of you taking a picture of yourself in the mirror with half the pic being covered by your massive FLASH from the cam...and i'm the douchebag...wow you're awesome!
do many others live in this fantasy land you live in.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 196
Posted: 2/4/2010 11:35:07 PM
LOL....

::grabs popcorn::

Oh yeah... on topic....

To me voluptuous means kicking curves and a little waist.

A fat chick is nothing other than a fat chick. Put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig.

-8sf8
 NYCman530
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2010 5:41:34 AM
Voluptuous to me means curvy in all the right places except for her stomach. Yet there's some dramatically overweight women who describe themselves as voluptuous when they should really be saying they're a BBW or full figured instead.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 201
Posted: 2/5/2010 12:14:56 PM
Douchebag ooops I mean hypocrite, sorry getting my names confused, Sonoran...changed my pic because I got told main pic has to show whites of eyes smart mouth...the other "artistic" shot you speak of...is even MORE lame...you with some giant nerdy glasses...awesome!

keep living in denial my friend.

back to topic
Voluptuous in REAL world = ladies with curves! who aren't overweight.
on dating sites = usually chubby/fat
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 202
Posted: 2/5/2010 5:31:16 PM

So what does one call a thin woman with breasts that are larger than her size, a waist that goes in, but a small butt?

Top heavy.

Or Slim and stacked.

I know some guys who love this look above all others.

I'm not into big boobs as much... and I like an hourglass but I don't like a big butt. I like fairly compact women.

Different strokes, different folks, and it's not like I don't make exceptions. Both my long term relationships were with women who were DD or larger.

-8sf8
 JstAnthrLonelyGirl
Msg: 205
Posted: 2/6/2010 7:37:13 PM
It means that you hae some meat on your bones, usually wider hips and a bigger chest and thicker thighs... not fat but just a bigger build. Some guys are attracted to that.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 207
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:04:23 PM
Think we can all agree to disagree.

We all give a different answer.

We'll never agree upon ONE final answer.

For example my definition of voluptuous (and average) don't match up with AcesSparkles, and wildheart, and ghostdog, and so and so forth.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 209
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:20:58 PM
Who pissed in your cornflakes gramps?

I was stating a fact that this thread will go on and on, because everyone will never agree on 1 universal definition. That as such, this thread will go on for ages, but also that if X person describes themselves a certain way...someone else reading it might not agree.

Jumping all over my posts is getting real old real fast, especially when you have nothing intelligent to say...which is often.
 Greenbean56
Msg: 211
Posted: 2/7/2010 1:27:35 AM
Using PoF user definitions, it means fat, sorry.
 Fifi47
Msg: 212
Posted: 2/7/2010 4:24:19 AM
^^^^Why are you apologizing for an opinion that is your opinion? As PCC noted, we all have different opinions regarding what the word means to each of us. As a fat woman, I appreciate it when a man states that he is not attracted to women larger than a certain size on his profile. The ones who apologize for it or insult fat women or act as if they are insulted that I might actually read their profiles make me wonder about them. Now they need to state if a woman has ever been called voluptuous she need not respond, as that word means she is 60 pounds overweight? geez......
 RossMc
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2010 8:17:01 PM
Lots of curves- shaped like a woman, not an 11-year-old boy.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 215
Posted: 2/7/2010 10:19:10 PM

^^^^Why are you apologizing for an opinion that is your opinion? As PCC noted, we all have different opinions regarding what the word means to each of us. As a fat woman, I appreciate it when a man states that he is not attracted to women larger than a certain size on his profile. The ones who apologize for it or insult fat women or act as if they are insulted that I might actually read their profiles make me wonder about them. Now they need to state if a woman has ever been called voluptuous she need not respond, as that word means she is 60 pounds overweight? geez......

I've always just been really creeped out that you threatened to voodoo my penis... and that you come across like someone who'd try to burn my house down if you knew were I live.....

Well, after eating everything in my 'fridge first.

Scary stuff.

-8sf8
 Mmmm.Tony
Msg: 216
Posted: 2/28/2010 2:38:40 PM
I think the OP want's to know what it means to YOU, not to Websters 5th or anything remotely similar.
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 219
Posted: 2/28/2010 4:27:16 PM
I think Jayne Mansfied was VOLUPTIOUS but all those pinups from the 30's, 40's, 50's had the perfect body IMO

that term now is used loosley and mostly seen to describe someone who is morbidly obese which is a shame

hippy, full breasted, shapely legs with a little waist is my definition..whoever said angelina is, is delusional
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 224
Posted: 3/1/2010 5:57:51 AM

Marilyn Monroe was voluptuous. I think she was size 14

Lets not start this the Marilyn crap again please...no one EVER agrees on her actual size. i've see as low as 6 and as high as 16 attributed to her. You also can't forget the sizes were not "sized" the same as today. Today's small would be a large or medium of 50yrs ago, I exaggerate but you get the point.
 Julie72581
Msg: 230
Posted: 3/1/2010 9:42:14 PM
So whats the difference between voluptuous and curvy? Or are they simply the same?

I consider myself both. I'm short, but I'm built tough, lol, hourglass, stacked, decent butt. I am overweight, but not obese, I've lost 30lbs and working to lose more, but I do plan to keep some meat on these bones! I think this is just right, a happy medium to be in. I'm not too fat, not too thin.
 themadfiddler
Msg: 234
Posted: 3/2/2010 1:35:04 PM
Seems like some folks want the definition of voluptuous to...ahem (pun alert) "spill over" (don't shoot!) into "Rubanesque" and they really are not the same.

And btw this thread is redundant, as in already done ...to death even...as in 4 other different versions.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3067016.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts10519117.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/13200190datingPostpage3.aspx
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/1961376datingPostpage4.aspx
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >