Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Guns and the giggle factor?LOL      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JWG86
Msg: 29
Guns and the giggle factor?LOLPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
First time shooting: S&W 686 6" barrel .357 Magnum. My ears rang for the rest of the day, I was 4-5 years old. Dad held, I pulled the trigger. Didn't like the ears ringing, but enjoyed the experience.

Nastiest recoil I have endured: Toss-up between a snub-nose air-weight .357 firing some hot 125 gr jhps and my M4S90 firing 3" 1oz slugs at 1760fps. Both were attention-getting.

What I like about firearms: They are mechanical and take skill to properly use. To me, this just SCREAMS "HOBBY!", and it teaches responsibility, accountability, critical thinking (What's BEHIND my target, even beyond what I can immediately see?). It is also practical and can aid in self-defense, self-sustinance, etc.

Girl shooting: One of my X girlfriends liked my friend's G32 (357SIG, compact model), as well as AR's and my P226 9mm. Try as I may, I could not get her to shoot the .44.
 notregme
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Guns and the giggle factor?LOL
Posted: 1/21/2010 8:21:21 PM
Some good stories there.I like the dog one.lol.I bought a black powder rifle this year.Its a lyman great plains hunter.Its a .50 cal muzzelloader.boy there fun.you feel like a pioneer when you shoot it.lots of smoke and fire. I want to do a night musket video with it. lights up the feild.lol. I would love to see a nice lady in a summer dress blasting stuff with it.lol
 m14shooter
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 5:52:40 PM
You think a watermelon getting shot will make you laugh you should try shooting dynamite, it is a blast. I am very into guns, so much that if I thought they would be in jeopardy of me being in a relationship I would avoid the relationship. My first gun experience was with machine guns and silencers, I was reloading ammo and servicing my uncles minigun by 10. Don't know how many I own now but it is over 400 as that was the last count and I have added to it.

As for shooting big things try a .50bmg which is many times the power of the 460 with less kick or a 20mm rifle. A 50 will drop anything in its tracks. Got a few of each.
 m14shooter
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 5:56:51 PM

Shoot a water jug! Or a penny at 100 ft,Shoot an old car.Pumpkin with slugs.Or the largesst caliber rifle you can handle then find one bigger for kicks.I dont use scopes on my .303 .Its open sights for me and when I hit something over 300ft it makes me happy to have the skill.Or try 20 beer bottle in a row, see how many you get threw.lol

Its about haveing fun and sharing that fun.If you ever accedently pull both trigers on a 12 gauge youll laugh after the shock stunnd feeling.

Try a minigun on a car with about 10,000 rounds of ammo, talk about fun. A few minutes or so the 10,000 rounds is gone and so is the car.
 JWG86
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/22/2010 11:15:40 PM
Try a minigun on a car with about 10,000 rounds of ammo, talk about fun. A few minutes or so the 10,000 rounds is gone and so is the car.

...and so is your lunch money. 10,000 rounds of .308 is worth what now-days, $5K?

You're right though, hitting with irons is fun! I do like high-powered optics though. Probably one of my funnest toys is a CAR A3 Elite with a 3.5-10X 50mm Leupold VX III w/target turrets. I can get 1.25MOA out of the thing without trying even in less than ideal conditions. With even M855 it is a 2MOA rifle out to 200+ yards.
 TooShadows
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 8:23:53 AM
If you really want to try a challenge,pick up a muzzleloading rifle that shoots round balls and try some "novelty" events. This is where you try do such things as cutting strings,hitting matchsticks,splitting playing cards(placed so that the thin edge is toward you),or snuffing candles(without actually hitting the candle). These are all shot at a distance of 10-20 yards.

One that's a lot of fun and very challenging is the "split-the-ball" shoot. An axe head is placed with the cutting edge facing the shooter,and a clay pigeon is placed on each side. To win it the shooter must hit the cutting edge of the axe so that the lead ball is cut in two pieces and each clay pigeon is broken.

Another you can do with smokeless rifles as well is the "water can shoot". Take an aluminum pop can,cut the top off it,fill it with water,then place another empty can on top of it. There's 2 shooters,one with a rifle,one with a shotgun. The rifleman shoots the bottom can. The water is forced upwards blowing the top can into the air where the shotgun shooter tries to hit it. I've seen that can go a hundred feet up.

I've done all of these. I'm a top shot with a muzzleloading rifle and I regularly win events like this. On a good day,that is.
 raxarsr
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2010 1:52:53 PM
its a shame that the folks that dont shoot.....or worse.the ones who want to get rid of guns dont know the profound joy that comes with shooting....or the sense of accomplishment you get when you hit what you want.........forget killing for a moment............yes..guns kill............but thats not why we shoot

theres a lil kid still inside each one of us who likes to see things blow up..............fill a waterjug and hit it with a high power bullet........i doubt theres a person alive who wont be smileing after they hit it..........or frozen water ballons with a .22........finally hitting your first claybird................and dont even get me started about overripe watermelons and cantelopes
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Guns and the giggle factor?LOL