Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Catholic vs. Protestant      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dirtydee2020
Msg: 26
Catholic vs. ProtestantPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Why do you think religion has ANYTHING to do with the goings on here?

Murdering **stards will cling on to any excuse to continue being murdering **stards.

They don't give a shit about "their religion".
 DaVincibro
Msg: 27
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 3/24/2009 4:14:34 AM

"I have always said that I am an Orangeman first and a politician and a member of this Parliament afterwards — they still boast of Southern Ireland being a Catholic State. All I boast of is that we are a Protestant Parliament and a Protestant State."

James Craig, 1st Viscount Craigavon, as Prime Minister of Northern Ireland, on April 24, 1934 at Stormont
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 28
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/2/2009 3:26:45 PM
Ah, the joy of sects.
 Munsterbear
Msg: 29
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/3/2009 8:08:01 PM
I think this thread has really bounced all over the place.
1) Just because you are a Catholic priest doesn't mean you are an abuser
2) Do we forget the Church of England comes from a King not liking he couldn't divorce so he set up his own religion
3) All religions have adapted their history to serve the leaders of that religion at that time
4) Before the recent troubles or even back as far bacj as early 1900's the strongest advocates of a United Ireland were Protestant. Not Catholic!!
5) Are we forgetting the widespread abuse of Catholic people in the north? Hence the Civil Rights marches which eventually grew into secratarian violence
6) How many Catholics worked on the Titanic?
7) How many people have heard of gerrymandering?
8) Watching the British Army "invade Afganistan and Iraq" to help a home nation, then what the hell are they still doing in the North?
9) Nationalism, ie the wish to have a United Ireland is not bound by religion. But The Unionists must be Protestant! Don't think there is any Catholics in the Orange Order

Just a few thoughts
 onefishinthepond
Msg: 30
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/6/2009 1:38:12 PM
Are you living in the real world. Do you honestly believe your speech would make a difference. Besides what has christinaity ever done for the world?
 chinese! fish!
Msg: 31
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/14/2009 2:42:31 AM
Well if controversy and debate was the object of your title post, you've stirred a over boiling pot there.
with a wide spectrum of friends race and religion, we all tend to not discuss 2 subjects when out. RELIGION and POLITICS. and as a previous post stated the world is full of others religions in conflict....
 Hammer663
Msg: 32
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/14/2009 5:33:53 PM
 glennwih
Msg: 33
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/16/2009 9:43:38 PM
I think it's funny to see you Irish complaining about religion. We here in the US have so many more serious issues amongst our peoples. Can anyone line dance?
 Benevolent Being
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/19/2009 4:27:08 PM
Colin Farrell can line dance.
 monark7
Msg: 35
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/19/2009 6:37:03 PM
true america is a violent country but i doen't think we are the most. that's just one mans opinion. we must remember that we learned it from our european neighbors.
the brits,germans,french when they did fight without being cowards that was along time ago though,and spanards and who could forget the italians remember rome.
the list could go on we cannot blame just americans when americans come from all over the world
we can however blame the goverments that govern us most americans doen't want war.
but we will fight if provoked.
and i am catholic and i could care less about another persons religion we all are trying to get to the same place just taking different roads to get there and that is if you believe in God or not
 dreamboat333
Msg: 36
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/21/2009 4:15:08 AM
I am a proud proponant of The Roman Catholic Faith. It is the cornerstone of all Eurpean culture and has united many devided nations.

I accept that The Roman Catholic Church is the authentic church founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ and which has passed down an unbroken line of apostolic succession from St. Peter to Pope Benedict XVI.

I hold Northern Ireland in the highest esteem and best regards for their contribution to The Roman Catholic Church. Without the Northern Irish and all tradtitional Irish Catholic's, The Church would not be the same today.

Irish Catholics are a prime example of what The Roman Catholic Church can do to keep a people strong and inited.

I am a militant defender of The Faith and vigorously seek the elimination of protestant attacks on The Roman Catholic Faith on the basis of false allegations and truped up charges leveled with intent to attack The Roman Catholic Church.
 DaVincibro
Msg: 37
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/21/2009 8:39:55 AM

I am a proud proponant of The Roman Catholic Faith. It is the cornerstone of all Eurpean culture and has united many devided nations.

I accept that The Roman Catholic Church is the authentic church founded by Our Lord Jesus Christ and which has passed down an unbroken line of apostolic succession from St. Peter to Pope Benedict XVI.
I hold Northern Ireland in the highest esteem and best regards for their contribution to The Roman Catholic Church. Without the Northern Irish and all tradtitional Irish Catholic's, The Church would not be the same today.
Irish Catholics are a prime example of what The Roman Catholic Church can do to keep a people strong and inited.
I am a militant defender of The Faith and vigorously seek the elimination of protestant attacks on The Roman Catholic Faith on the basis of false allegations and truped up charges leveled with intent to attack The Roman Catholic Church.

Are hallucinogenic drugs really cheap in the US?

Why don't you tell everyone about the Bull Cum Nimbis Absurdum or the Donation of Constantine uncovered as a forgery by Lorenzo Valla.
Or even better tells the folks about the Pope who dug up the previous Pope and after a trial of the corpse excommunicated it only for the same corpse to be dug up a again later and excommunicated all over again.
Or would you like to explain how there were more than a few occasions when there were two, three, or even four elected popes at the same time. That kind of make a balls of apostolic succession.

Or what about the years spent out of Rome when the Popes resided in Avigon for most of a century supported by the biggest brothel in Europe.

Why don't you tell everyone who invented the word ghetto as a place of confinement for Jews and who was first to insist they wear a yellow badge to mark them out in public.

Or what about the Concordat the Vatican signed with Hitler to ease his way to power and all the Nazis spirited away to Catholic countries with the help of the Church (though that should'nt really be a surprise since 25% of the SS were Catholics.)

Can you explain why of all the baptised (including Adolf himself) and practicing Catholics who took part in the extermination of 10 million people the only one ever excommunicated was Goebbels......for marrying a Protestant?
 DaVincibro
Msg: 38
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/22/2009 1:59:24 AM
Dilleas: The story of Pope Joan is a satirical legend that came about as a result of what’s known as the Reign of the "Harlots". The blood red marble chair with the hole that it's claimed was for examination was probably a commode. What's much more interesting is the story of the courtesans Marozia and her sister Theodora (fathered by Pope John X 914-29) which gave rise to the legend.

In less than a decade they made, and unmade, no less than eight Popes.

Pope Sergius III (904-11) at age 45 took the 15 year old Marioza as his mistress after he seduced her in the Lateran Palace. A son they had together became Pope John XI (931-5)
Her grandson Octavian became Pope John XII at sixteen years of age. He was so bad he turned the Lateran Palace into a harem. At a synod called to try and do something about him he was accused of incest with his relatives, including two of his sisters, perjury, sacrilege and of having invoked Jupiter, Venus and other demos like a pagan.
He was finally killed when a jealous husband caught him in flagrante delicto with his wife and killed him with a blow to the back of the head. He was age 24. You might say that was the climax of his career.
He's part of the so called Apostolic Succession...
The things they don't include in a "Catholic" education.
 DaVincibro
Msg: 39
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/22/2009 7:08:30 AM
Sorry I thought you were serious. A lot of people think it's true. Of course it's not near as much of a farce as what actually has gone on in Rome.
 Benevolent Being
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/22/2009 3:06:13 PM
I thought he was serious as well.

Did anybody ever see the tv series about the Borgias ?
 DaVincibro
Msg: 41
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/22/2009 11:58:03 PM
I did'nt see the TV series. Was that on RTE?
You might notice that apologists for the RCC will often mention in passing "Yes there were some bad Popes like the Borgias but....." as if the Borgias were an incidental blip on the otherwise long succession of "holy" Popes. The reality is the Borgias were'nt the worst nor were they exceptional when it came to shag fests in HQ, murder, robbery and selling religious junk bonds (aka Indulgences).

I'd guess of the 1.1 billion that the RCC claims as it's followers most could be described as C by I (Catholic by Ignorance.)
 DarynCurtis
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/27/2009 6:05:20 PM
Hi Jimmy,

How are you? It's me, your old friend Donna. I am doing well. I was surprised at your adamant stance on abortion...but to each his own! What do you feel about a woman who is raped...and becomes pregnant...or even worse, a 12 year old girl who is raped and becomes pregnant? Are women and girls forced to give birth to this horrible man's child?

I hope all is okay with you,

"Daryn Curtis."
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 43
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/29/2009 6:37:50 PM
Are hallucinogenic drugs really cheap in the US?

As cheap and accessible as Wikipedia.

Studies have shown that both have roughly the same delusional effects.

Benevolent Being
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/30/2009 6:33:24 AM
J in SD* what makes you think DaVincibro got the information he kindly shared with us from wikipedia?

How do you know that DaVincibro, isn't in fact a very well educated man who knows what he is talking about and doesn't have to google to find out facts?

I think your post is very rude.

Anyway I got busy googling myself and my goodness the popes were truly awful in the past as much as the present one is too.

Someone needs to tell the Africans the truth and now
 miss elastic
Msg: 45
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:05:55 AM
ummm wtf lol this post was pointless dont talk about it unless your from here
 ciaranw89
Msg: 46
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 5/1/2009 11:00:23 AM
younfella wat r u on bout there aint gna b a united ireland up the irish catholics only tiocfaidh ar la
 dreamboat333
Msg: 47
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 5/1/2009 9:06:14 PM
Hello Dear Friend Donna:

It's a toughe one you ask about - toughe indeed and I have thought long about it as your quandry represents actual cases of late.

It breaks my heart to think of it. But it's a sobering dose of reality, at least as it comes to us from certain quarters of the streets.

I put it to you in this manner - it's not about me or what I think, The Bible states, and The Church enforces that life is sacred and must be respected. That phrase carries much weight - life is sacred and must be respected.

So what you have brought to the forefront is essentially, is the life of the poor young lady who finds herself violated by such savagery more valuable than the life which occupies her womb.

If we allow our view of the life in the womb to be circumscribed by the act of violation, then where will we ever draw the line - because so many of us have seen heinous acts of violation and do well not to give up on life thereafter, no?

Again, so may Saints and martyrs have suffered so greatly and attained their Sainthood through coming to that question of life or death, and even in their broken state, they ruled in favor of God's saving Grace.

This is the only way I know how to answer your question, good lady. I bend my back to the yoke of The Church, as Christ and the Saints did for us.

On the other hand, I believe in justice and it sould be directed at the one who violated the sovereignty of another - not at the innocent life in the womb.

When I say justice, I simply mean that I am confident that fewer souls have been lost to Hell for courage as have been lost to hell for cowardace.

Of this I may say no more.
 dreamboat333
Msg: 48
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 5/2/2009 10:36:57 AM
FiftyDollars on 4/21/2009 wrote:

By the way sir, when you say you are a 'militant defender of the faith' are you saying that you have taken up arms to shoot people who don't agree with your religion over in America? Are you on the FBI's most wanted list? Have you got the link?

No - the meaning of 'militant' is not intended to imply an armed militia, necessarily.

Rather, taking a radical approach to vigorously defending the Catholic faith against the prevelent anti-Catholic sentiment.

As for FBI, they know me, I know them - we stay out of each other's way.
 DaVincibro
Msg: 49
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 5/6/2009 9:51:21 AM
Is there an echo in here.............
 Benevolent Being
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 5/6/2009 10:10:21 AM
Echo?