Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Catholic vs. Protestant      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Luthion
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Catholic vs. ProtestantPage 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Looks like TDW has finally gone off the deep end.
 jake32162
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 8/4/2009 8:09:14 AM
I R A rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 nofear1
Msg: 53
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 12/30/2009 5:20:03 PM
His "sword" was not one the literal kind. Prya for the enlightenment to know what it is.
 nofear1
Msg: 54
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 12/30/2009 5:24:24 PM
Catholics and Protestants are both Christian. There is no hatred in Christianity. Jesus loathed hypocrasy. For true Christians, that should put an end to the problem. Holy war is an oxymoron.
 Stander
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 1/5/2010 11:25:09 AM
actually in the original hebrew it was "Thou shalt not murder." I was educated by Jesuits
 crazyhorse327
Msg: 56
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 1/7/2010 9:21:54 PM
no,actualy it says thy shalt not kill which is bull shit.and you have every right to kill someone who is trying to murder you.as far as this topic,i dont take advice from a man who wears a dress and rapes kids.and if i want to talk to GOD,I dont need a man wearing a dress telling me that god only talks to a idiot wearing a dress and a dunce hat.GOD has talk to me plenty of times when he feels the need.GOD talks to us all,the only problem is most of us dont listen to him.there is a big difference between murder and killing
 fifthson
Msg: 57
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 1/10/2010 10:42:28 PM
belief systems, simply put, are deadly! javascript:smilie('')
 baron1914
Msg: 58
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 1/21/2010 3:12:44 PM
< Proud southern Scotch/irish/english american if such a thing exists. Well anyway what i was going to say is that i do not feel it is the denomination that matters . The thing that really matters is faith in god and accepting jesus as your savior. Let me point out that i have not always thought this way and i used to be a non-believer but the more i thought about it the more i realized anyone who just thinks all of this came from nothing is only fooling themselves.

While i am non-catholic i admire them for the stances they take on abortion issues and while i do not follow catholicism i see them as allies as both us protestants and them belief in god. Catholics and protestants need to help each other instead of fighting amongst themselves.
 baron1914
Msg: 59
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 1/22/2010 12:58:16 PM
So where did it come from a leprechaun's a**?? Chief i did not come in here to argue religion with you. I am protestant not catholic and i was just pointing out a good thing about the catholic church and i do not agree with some priests fondling boys wankers. I know some decent catholics here and i don't want to group all catholics in the same group much as i would not put all protestants on the same level.

" The Roman Catholic policy on abortion is based on hatred of women and ancient ignorance" So i guess it is the woman who gets her brains scrapped out eh? In my book abortion is murder plain and simple after all that fetus is life and if it is'nt tell me what it is. Irrational you sound like the typical ignorant american liberal we have here.
 JoethePara
Msg: 60
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 2/9/2010 9:37:23 PM
Oh boy...just what we need...a militant religious fanatic who thinks that they are known by the FBI. SURLEY YOU JEST!!!!
 1951Taurus
Msg: 61
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 2/27/2010 7:23:04 PM

Diablera Bruja said: Firstly the conflict is in Northern Ireland ;not the whole Island.Northern Ireland is part of the UK and the republic is a separate state.Many have aspirations of joining the two, but at the moment the situation, is they are separate states.Although being joined, the situation has affected us,especially making guns and crime more prevalent.Violence serves only one master, death.
The situation up North is about power and control and who has it, not religion.The protestants were in power and abused that power to subjugate their Catholic neighbors.The Catholic minority struck back , by terrorist tactics.Like all original good causes, it goes belly up when violence is introduced.These people had no rights and had reason to protest.

Christianity abhors violence yet All Christian countries go to war.Women are repressed in all religions and were in Christianity.History is not kind to any faith, as men forget Gods rules and implement their own for power or gain.Humans are a selfish species, mostly out for personal gain and will use religion or anything else to gain power.

America s one of the most violent/rapacious countries in the world, look closer to home my friend.
I

Good post...

Yes, there IS violence in the USA, but, there is violence *everywhere*...and just because all you hear in the news i snegative, please remember that there ARE good things over here (there i svery little crime & violence in the mountains where I live)...

You know, I don't know of a single Irish-American that does not want the divisions & troubles in Ireland (on many different levels) to end...It breaks our hearts because many of us come from BOTH the green & oragnge zones, and every civil war on earth has been decidedly UNcivil...and we over here, the sons & daughters of Ireland really DO wish it would all end...

I'll repeat this...

Over here, the sons & daughters of Ireland really DO wish it would all end...

Pax
 mibra
Msg: 62
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 3/4/2010 9:20:44 PM
To upstairs: Most Americans are ignorant in the subject of IRA...
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 63
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 6/24/2010 4:10:25 PM
how about the Middle East where most profess a love of at least one religion that teaches of "peace"?

whether Islam, Christian, or Judaism

yet the killing , fighting, bloodshed, continues..

as it does in India between 'peace-loving' Muslims & Hindus, etc. ,etc
 60to70
Msg: 64
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 9/2/2010 11:11:04 PM
Britain, England...whatever...has caused much harm. Her powers are now diminished.
Ireland is a gem...a country of poets, realists, and a country that has sent her best and most artistic, most splendid, most musical...and in the long run...a country that has never lost what has defined her beauty and magic..a mystical nation interrupted by life and history.. I have benefitted here in Canada from my longest friend....an Irishwoman...who never lost the tartness and prose of a living narrative. I only wish that the battle would end and that Ireland would again dance free as I do when I hear Irish music. At least...my feet cannot be still and my spirit lifts. Cheers to Ireland. And may Peace be her next visitor.
 HORSEFLY1234
Msg: 65
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 11/19/2010 4:19:05 PM
One of these is Catholic, one is Protestant. You guess which is which...

Heffca
Msg: 66
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 12/24/2010 10:52:07 PM
You are an idiot!
 Heffca
Msg: 67
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 12/24/2010 10:53:12 PM
No, not rely. You are just ignorant assuming so!
 Heffca
Msg: 68
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 12/24/2010 10:54:51 PM
Good Post, and so true.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 1/9/2011 8:37:38 AM
Frankly doesn't Ireland have larger issues to worry about outside of Sectarianism? I mean the Republic of Ireland has had its economy bailed out by Germany. You have the rise of University costs, and the cost of living has increased. So my current response who cares, the Irish need to pull together and face the challenges ahead of them with re-guard to religious affiliation.
 foffeefifo
Msg: 70
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 3/3/2011 3:24:29 PM
i almost couldn't believe my eyes when i saw this title in a forum here.

I came here to the Ireland Forum jones-ing for some Irish news, humor, attitude because this past year I moved away from the big Irish family to a spot in America where you can't even find Guiness in a bottle.
I read the first page and was just cringing. the utter gall of another ignorant american putting his worthless two cents in on a subject he OBVIOUSLY knows nothing about makes me sick.

we got alot of those over here in the states. we aren't very well educated at all, 79% of Americans can't name a chief justice of our supreme court, can't name their representatives in congress and have no clue how we have mucked up and interfered in other countries since 1801 -yeah OP you tell me why the marine "hymn" says " from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli... WHY???? heck, we sent Marines over to Africa a scant 12 years after we became a nation.... - our arrogance and aggression has not missed one continent for over 200 years... (we as a nation are what? 16th or 17th down on the list of countries that sends it's youths to college???? Says alot about the priority of education in America, yeah it does.) Is it any wonder some dolt shows up here and expounds on foreign issues of which we are even more in the dark about. I personally have to watch BBC news on our public broadcasting station in order to find out what the heck is going on outside our shores, we never hear much at all about what is going on over seas. Our three major national news networks (no, I will not dignify Fox with dispensing news) are more interested in broadcasting Lindsey Lohan's latest escapade and who got the highest score on Dancing with the Stars, I kid you not, there are whole days and days that go by without one mention of international news. I also used to be able to watch RTV when I lived in Chicago ( no longer so, i am living in a very rural area now and it is only in large metro areas that Americans can get RTV on a weekly basis).....so let me personally apologize for his ignorant post about Protestant vs Catholic in Ireland.

I have relatives all over Ireland, both north and south and to dredge up this Catholic vs Protestant issue shows a lack of respect for the entire island. It has always been based on economic oppression, the haves vs the have nots. My relatives in the north had to deal with severe economic hardship, couldn't get hired, couldn't have the same rights as those in power. In the south it was pretty much the same thing, all exacerbated by Britain and troops brutally trying to eradicate the heritage, customs and language. Here in the states, I was being monitored by the FBI because I sent a few punt over now and then and a box of clothes a couple times of year to the relatives, they actually thought I was monitarily supporting the IRA!!!!!!!!

So please forgive us ugly ignorant americans for horning in here, having the gall to post about issues they obviously don't have a clue about. It makes me so furious. I abhor America's record on foreign relations from yeah Tripoli to Mexico to Guam to Chile to Korea to Vietnam to Panama, to Nicaragua to Puerto Rico to the Dominian Republic to Laos to Indonesia to Phillipines to Guatamala to Oman to Lebanon to Angola to Iran, Iraq and even Wounded Knee where we still couldn't let the real Americans live with dignity....to have any American show up here and spout opinions on another country's board after our dismal history of brutality and interference is just wrong wrong wrong. just my humble opinionated opinion.
 Dappersmooch
Msg: 71
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 4/26/2011 1:31:07 PM
Please stop this. I was born and raised in the US (still live here) but I have been hearing about this conflict practically all my life. Please just stop. We are all Christians and that should be enough to know better than to act like this!
 stonecastle
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 7/12/2011 10:53:35 AM
If people can be bothered to do some research of their own on the internet on sites like google and youtube then they will find out that Christianity is merely a rehash of earlier pagan religions. Over the past few thousand years of history there have been many saviour messiahs - all mythical. Zeus, Horus, Orisis to name but a few.

There are also certain mistakes in Christianity that prove it is false. For example the Nazereth never existed, it is purely an invention of Christianity, it cannot be found on any map and no ruins of it have ever been found. There was also no census in 1AD and when the Romans did have censuses no one was ever required to return to the town of their birth. Following a star would also send you around in circles.

I used to be a Christian until I started to look at evidence which debunks christianity. I thought I would be able to debunk it and it would strengthen my faith but it proved to me that christianity is merely a man made religion along with all the other religions. I still believe in God and hope there is more to this world that what we see around us.
 leahhere
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 7/18/2011 6:12:32 PM
Protestant versus Catholic ! For me it is a no brainer. Who founded the Catholic Church? It was Jesus himself. He chose twelve Apostles and one of them betrayed Him. As they say there is a rotten apple in every dozen. Jesus named Peter as the Catholic Church Leader, the first Pope. Who started the protestant church? Was it not Martin Luther? Then came King Henry VIII who for his own selfish agenda founded The Church of England. He was as barbaric as al queda. He was to the Catholics as Hitler was to the Jews. He was a gluttonous gout ridden murderous monster who wanted absolute power and unfortunately he accomplished that as head of Church and State. So today the Head of the Catholic Church is St Peter`s successor Pope Benedict and the head of the church of England is King Henry VIII successor The Queen of England and it will soon be Charles. Which side are you on? Its not so complicated.
 Jana623
Msg: 74
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 7/30/2011 11:36:15 PM
Don't blame this American girl for yur problems. Human are human. Wake up and smell the roses. MAN and all men have been fighting wars since the cave mans days. You and yur fancy words, education, but not wise in the least bit. Do yur homework. GROW UP.
 liffey
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Catholic vs. Protestant
Posted: 8/19/2011 7:36:56 AM
.......................................idiot...............................
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Catholic vs. Protestant