Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Missouri Prayers & Thoughts thread...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 57
Missouri Prayers & Thoughts thread...Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
{{{{{KATTE}}}}} You love, are snuggled nice and cozy into my prayers...I anticipate reading how successful the surgery went!

This is a rather odd request, but my very lovely friend Sue-De made me realize that having the last word is NOT the most important thing in the world...that being a good Christian IS. So please, instead of my making a thread on such...please pray for the vindictive, icky souls who have not the swine flu, but swine behaviors...sending out icky emails to fellow POFers, trash talking the parties, the hosts, and the people who attend...trying to class up themself by trash talking others. So sad...but I have had originals sent to me and it is the most PITIFULLY SAD SIGHT to see.

Please...just pray for them...no comments on such neccessary.
 previouslyme
Msg: 58
Missouri Prayers & Thoughts thread...
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:11:52 AM
I can see passing on directed emails to another individual, especially when you know some people's style of writing, you might be able to figure it out, to pin point the reasoning maybe. Some have bad experiences, I only had one bad but I have had a lot of good, just like everyday life.

If someone directed me an email, I would never post the entire thing on the forums and have others know who sent it to me. If I had permission, then yes. I have seen this done just to pick it apart.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:20:22 AM
Grrr...this is why I said no comments neccessary.

No...I have not sent emails to random fishies slandering other people and presenting things as *fact* when it is nothing more than an opinion...or really, nothing more than petty, childish games. (Not to mention they actually think they have the *power* to destroy an event?!) LMAO

Honestly? I may talk to my CLOSEST FRIENDS with typical female gossip...but it never leaves the confines of being between US...and does not effect anyone else in any way.

As far as keeping things private...anyone who is so ignorant to send RANDOM PEOPLE, emails of such nature, and EXPECTING them to stay in the confines of just the two of them...has mental barriers! THAT is what I suggested prayers for...the sorts who will do anything to belittle someone or something, who will try to sabotage other's fun/happiness...for absolutely NO REASON other than to be a cvnt.

Edit to add: Prayers & thoughts with Lance.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/7/2009 10:43:00 AM
Yep...sorry I was not more clear, initially. Random folks...from the sign ups list...already planning to attend events.
 whatever0001
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/7/2009 12:16:37 PM
Ok, so you are saying that someone is emailing people who have signed up to attend a party, and telling them what? Not to attend??? What kind of loser has the time... much less the spiteful inclination to even bother doing something like that? And what kind of person, has the kind of cattle type mentality to recieve an email like that and actually do what it says???
Sheesh... I never cease to be amazed at the lengths that people will go to in order to sabotage others. Get a freakin life!!!!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/7/2009 2:40:51 PM
Wow, I'm not sure what all of this is about, as I have not seen any emails myself, but if it is happening then I do agree that emailing people that you do not know in order to try to dissuade them from attending an event is a petty thing to do - PARTICULALRY if it will prevent a single cool person from attending the biggest event of the Summer and MY BIRTHDAY PARTY "The Most Amazing Big Top Show @ The Strat FENTON on 5-30-09"!! That is going to be one kick booty celebration!

But to return the thread to its intended purpose, I would appreciate prayers for the family of my childhood friend, Chris Moore who, having his fill of the hurt and pain of this world, took his own life several weekends ago. He is survived by a wife and two young children (and extended family) who desperately need thoughts and prayers during this incredibly dark, confusing and horrible time in their lives. It just goes to show you that everyone has more pain in their lives than any one of us can ever imagine. Like Zig Ziglar says, if you treat everyone you meet as if they're hurting inside, you will be treating the majority of the people in the appropriate manner.

TheKidof72
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/7/2009 3:42:55 PM
Lots of hugs going out to Lance

I want to thank those of you for your thoughts and prayers for my dad while he is going through his cancer treatment. Yesterday he completed his chemo and will be starting radiation the first week of June, which will go for about 7 weeks. The cancer is shrinking, but not enough to be able to perform surgery yet, but he has some pretty amazing doctors who are still giving us hope throughout this ordeal. Still looking forward to the day when they can say that he is cancer free.
 previouslyme
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/8/2009 12:15:18 PM
Prayers and best wishes for all that are hurting and suffering, along with all of us that are closely involved and concerned.

Put a tiny prayer in for a dry evening for us outside tonight!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/8/2009 5:44:01 PM
Snuggling Rusty's stepdaughter into the prayer thread, too! Too young to have to deal with cervical cancer at 20!
 previouslyme
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/9/2009 12:47:15 AM
That is a hard issue to deal with at 20!
May God send strength, courage and guidance to all of them and her health care team!

Thank You God for answering my teany tiny prayer for sunshine.... The little things give me great encouragement for the bigger ones such as Rusty's stepdaughter is facing.
 previouslyme
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/27/2009 9:25:07 PM
The issue with my neice was sounding like not a big deal. The MRI yesterday revealed it may be a big deal after all. It is a wait and see. So keep "Tori" her brother, her mom(my baby sis) and her daddy in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. I was the MRI, I was stunned. Right smack in the middle of her brain! Most I see are off to the side or on the edge. But with hers that is supposed to be common isn't as clear cut as it should be.

I watched her and her brother playing on the floor tonight. Building a Lincoln Log cabin TOGETHER. They were all excited about me stopping by. It felt awesome. At their ages 8 and 10, I would think they would barely notice!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/1/2009 11:05:25 PM
Kat - sending out heartfelt prayers and well wishes to you tonight as you go to have surgery tomorrow. May God hold you gently in the palm of his hand and not squeeze too tight.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/2/2009 2:53:54 PM
Thanks all...home now...feeling ok, but tired. Gonna rest and will update later...thank you all!
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/2/2009 10:05:36 PM
Kat, i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I do not know what surgery you had, but I hated mine.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 71
Posted: 6/4/2009 6:57:38 AM
Thanks Amber...was nothing major...now just waiting biopsy results.

Katte...sheesh...that knee of yours just does not wanna get better!

Prayers out to a fellow fishie who is possibly in the midst of a major career change...going from self employed to "corporate owned!" ;O)
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/4/2009 2:36:57 PM
Prayers out to a fellow fishie who is possibly in the midst of a major career change...going from self employed to "corporate owned!" ;O)

Kat, your prayers worked! I just got off the phone less than an hour ago and after a rather disappointing first round of talks, the big fish took the bait! If things go as expected, per that call, my business will be acquired in the next 60 days. I'm going to start looking at vacation packages tonight - I'm plannign to take a couple of weeks off to go someplace awesome! Normally I would have said MEXICO but I think perhaps North Carolina might be a better choice! Yippee!

previouslyme
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/5/2009 11:22:29 AM
Preserve & Instruct Us

May the strength of God pilot us
May the power of God preserve us
May the wisdom of God instruct us
May the hand of God protect us
May the way of God direct us
May the shield of God defend us
May the hosts of God protect us
Now, and always

St Patrick of Ireland
 previouslyme
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/6/2009 8:39:43 PM
Hugs! You brought tears to my eyes.
 SusieStL
Msg: 75
Posted: 6/7/2009 1:20:14 AM
J... oh my... I am so very proud of your son... and you as a father.

You are a great dad.. this I know from our conversations.

God bless your young man....... and you too Dad.

(please warn me in advance chance of tears when reading this material)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 76
Posted: 6/7/2009 7:53:50 AM
Sooooo many awesome prayers answered....how one could not believe in the power of prayer...well, I pray for them! :O)

J...OMGawd, oodles of congratulatory hugs out to both your son, and yourself!!! What an incredibly defining moment! I will NEVER forget any of my own four children's graduations...the pride, the elation, the sighs you can let loose cause YOU did it, too! (My son was the 1st to "graduate traditionally" from HS in my ENTIRE FAMILY...so it was super special when ALL FOUR did!)

CONGRATS!
 EspeciallyBad
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/9/2009 6:56:43 AM
Where and when did Kat go and why, Kat and myself do nor see things on the same level but I believe she is a special Lady.She is as beautiful inside as well as outside and I have always said this. And James you have to be the proudest DAD in the world right now.I remember when I had my accident,and was in ICU for 3 weeks my son was only 13 at the time but he was at my bedside 24/7 until I was awake and talking.That is something that will always be with me. So my prayers will be with you and your son.

Everyone please put a friend of mine in your prayers,Dave and Kerri are up from Texas with thier youngest daughter in St.Louis Childrens hospital. She just had a double lung transplant 2 weeks ago and is doing fine at this time but needs all the prayers she can get.Amanda is only 12 years old and this is the 2nd transplant.The first one was when she was 6.

Stan
 previouslyme
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/9/2009 6:19:47 PM
I did strength training with thoughts of you in mind. I don't think I can come near your efforts, but I can keep working at it!
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/12/2009 11:52:00 AM
I'm going to put up a prayer for my cousin, who's about to find out his biopsy results. He's a youngin and has a postitive attitude that everything will be okay. But everyone keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/12/2009 12:39:14 PM
Jim, glad things are looking up for you. Sometimes we need that challenge to prove not only to our bosses or others around us, but to ourselves, that we can make it through some tough times. Them tough times are what makes us stronger. My quota that I live by now is, if God brings me to it, he will get me through it. Since going through all the issues with my dad's cancer in the past 9 months, I am a firm believer in that. Prayers go along way. Just keep the faith.

Jai J, Glad you doing better and hope to see you back on your feet soon.
 STLJohn
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 3:59:50 AM
Thank you for starting a prayer thread here it is great to see. I ask God to be generous in dealing with you, Terri, and Shellie. May God bless us and protect all of us.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Missouri Prayers & Thoughts thread...