Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Republican leader defends AIG bonusesPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I think the Libs, including O'bama, should shut the he77 up about AIG and the bonuses...at least, until they return the millions of dollars AIG contibuted to their respective campaigns. You know, put your money where your mouth is kinda thing.

Do you suppose they will self-impose the 95% tax on the money they received from AIG?!

~ds~
 normaldude
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Republican leader defends AIG bonuses
Posted: 3/19/2009 4:13:32 PM
bankers sure know how to spend money!!!

"Bloomberg is reporting that Citibank is planning to spend at least $3.2 million for basic construction, and as much as three times that much after architects fees and other expenses are paid, to renovate the executive offices at the bank's Park Avenue headquarters." life is a party!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/19/2009 5:15:58 PM

Does anyone agree with Boss Limbaugh that AIG is being unfairly criticized?

I agree with Rush, AIG didnt ask for all that money, and the Government didnt tell them what to spend it on...They could have bought X-box games and a pizza, who cares. Why is everybody so Hysterical?
 wisguyingb
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/19/2009 5:22:54 PM
The media is talking about the $165 million dollar bonus story and not the story of the Federal Reserve pumping over 1 trillion dollars(yesterday) into the US Economy which could have dire effects down the road if it does not work. The AIG bonus money story is a diversion that preys on public outrage/emotion and shifts our attention from the big 1 trillion dollar Fed Story.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 9:32:12 AM

Regardless of how the Company is being financed, the Company is still trading and is therefore liable to meet its contractual obligations.
AIG would be bankrupt without the bailout money; without it, they would have had to file bankruptcy, and the bonuses couldn't have been paid. I don't have a problem with that, but Henry Paulson told us that AIG collapsing would be a really bad thing, so the Bush Administration began the tradition of bailing out incompetently run financial corporations.

So it seems that some of the whiz kids who engineered AIG's collapse were offered "retention bonuses" (bribes for the rats who might leave a sinking ship); they paid themselves their bonuses out of taxpayer money. What I can't find is a justification for paying the "retention bonuses" to the 11 executives who have allegedly already left AIG for more profitable opportunities?

With respect to the hastily-written House bill to tax the bonuses, it next has to pass the Senate, then it has to be signed by the President. There are enough questions about its constitutionality to make that less than likely, so this is just more political posturing on both sides, and simply another opportunity for Limbaugh's "party of NO" to further sabotage any chance at economic recovery.

So I have to wonder how far the Limbaugh Right is willing to go to wreck the recovery in the name of ideology. Obviously, they're willing to wage warfare on working people by blocking stimulus finds and fueling unemployment, but will they stop short of treason, or is Rush actually intentionally inciting a coup d'etat?
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 10:39:32 AM
The bonuses are income and taxed at the same rate as Capital Gains.

Forget trying to get the money back, after all it's less than 0.1% of the total AIG bailout, just publish the names and photos of the bonus recipients and how much they were paid.
 Samurai41
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:01:51 PM
if it wasa performance bonus, then it shouldnt have been paid, if that division of the company didnt perform

if it was a retention bonus, then it should have been paid.

BUT

Limbaugh is right about one thing, this is just a circus to distract teh people from the fact that the current administration is rapidly taking over private businesses
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:19:12 PM

Limbaugh is right about one thing, this is just a circus to distract teh people from the fact that the current administration is rapidly taking over private businesses
Right, you figured it out. Bush began the AIG takeover and sabotaged the McCain campaign because McCain refused to give Bush a pardon for Iraq war crimes, so a deal was struck with Obama to...
 Samurai41
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:41:30 PM
sigh.........

Sir,
I was raised to be polite to my elders, I will simply ignore the troll bait you posted and instead mearly hope you have a nice day.

Dodd, wrote the add on to the bill that allowed the bonus payments. Obama broke a campaign promise that he would read everything he signed line by line, and didnt read the bill, just signed it.

Tax cheat sec of the treasury knew about it, lied about knowing about it, then got caught lying.

but the brohaha is just a smoke screen.

Just like all the noise about Limbaugh, he doesnt matter, he isnt important, but they have people talking about him instead of talking about what they are doing..

it really isnt deniable.
 oddandy
Msg: 52
Posted: 3/24/2009 10:56:56 PM
[QUOTE]BTW, Limbaugh is not a "Republican Leader", he's a conservative blowhard.

Yeah, notice the OP also refers to him as "Boss Limbaugh."

I'm seeing this theme elsewhere, the intentional painting of Pills Limbaugh as some "Republican Leader" as opposed to, you know, a talk show host.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 9:06:38 PM

I do agree to a point. if AIG promised bonuses as part of an employment contract, then those employees are entitled to those bonuses. You can not change contracts retroactively. Paying bonuses and then asking for them back is crap and I would tell AIG and the government to kiss my rear end if I worked for AIG.

LOL!!! well....damn, you should tell the UAW that!!! Funny: people see white shirts as having a "contract"...but I suppose it's just another one of those words they allow "blue collars" to borrow in the hope that BSing them into thinking that they're really part of a "team" will get them to settle for a BS job title in lieu of a raise! LOL! Ohhhh wait...that's what's been happening isn't it?

I was actually really hoping that the "boys" would go along with you....and honor that (AIG) contract....so I could initiate a class action suit against all the legislators who uphold AIG's contracts as holy scriptures out of one side of their mouths.....and screaming "death to UAW workers" out of the other; for discrimination.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >