Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 4
Long fingernailsPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I have fake nails on now and detest them to the hilt!!! But I got married March 7th and had a few broken ones and vanity took over. They are coming off, I am growing my own back out.... I wear my dangerously long and do office work for a living. I love them, as much as I love my long hair and pretty feet.

Benefits - I am always available to scratch the itch that's just out of reach.
 MsMicki
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Long fingernails
Posted: 3/20/2009 6:16:06 PM
I keep them a medium length......and the polish always matches my toenails!

I bit them for most my life......broke that habit and it took me a few years to get nice healthy nails back.......

It is a Sunday nite ritual for me......I do my fingernails and toenails.....and being an artist......I can have some crazy designs going on sometimes!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 12
Long fingernails
Posted: 3/20/2009 6:19:41 PM
~OT~ Mine are long and match my toes at all times. It's something I do for me, not for someone else. JMO
 windloverr
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Long fingernails
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:21:23 PM
blondecharmthe3rd
I got married March 7th
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 16
Long fingernails
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:35:45 PM
Thanks windloverr.... we celebrated 10 years together by tying the knot!! Couldn't be happier.
 uniquelyordinary
Msg: 17
Long fingernails
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:59:14 PM
I wear long acrylics and it seems I'm in the minority here! I teach software and want them to look nice since people are watching my hands often. Contrary to others, when I take them off (once a year) I can't type at all for several days! Have them put back on, takes me about ten minutes to get used to them again!
 whytwater
Msg: 18
Long fingernails
Posted: 3/21/2009 1:12:27 AM

Beneficial? In what way?

I always thought the longer nails were for scooping snortable powders.

I use my nails for everything - even a makeshift screwdriver if needed. They are just naturally strong and because I have long slender fingers, I think they look better with longer nails

Screwdriver!! Yikes!! Pop! Pop! P-Pop! (prostrate massage dream bubbles exploding).
 matchlight
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Long fingernails
Posted: 3/21/2009 2:42:53 PM
Just one man's point of view, but I don't like long nails on women. I think they're sexier short and really well manicured.
 prittygurl2006
Msg: 26
Long fingernails
Posted: 7/25/2009 7:37:56 PM
I get pink and white solar nails, (they look close to natural and won't turn yellow when I tan in the tanning bed). I keep them at fingertip length and love the look of them. I am a nail biter so it keeps my fingers out of my mouth. My real nails crack, break, and are brittle. I love my fakes!!! lol
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 28
Long fingernails
Posted: 7/25/2009 7:52:56 PM
Ah, bullshit, everything on me is fake. I wear makeup...fake, I color my grey hairs...fake, I have silicone boobs (Fabulously Fake!), I wear high heels to make my legs look sexier...sorta fake, and yes I have long nails...acrylic over my real nails and very long....so sue me. Call me fake if you want, but I like the way I look, and so does my boyfriend.
And I type with my nails, so I am certainly not handicapped in any way by them.
Beth
 dlb47
Msg: 30
Long fingernails
Posted: 7/31/2009 12:59:33 PM
I prefer my own nails, but I can grow long nails. Alot of women use fake because their own break too easily and can't grow them long
 Sabrosura
Msg: 33
Long fingernails
Posted: 7/31/2009 1:23:06 PM
This is the one expense I splurge on (lol!) - don't care if it's high maintenance or not as I pay for the services!

However, my preference is not too long where they look like claws, and always a french mani/pedi!!! Looks clean, matches with all and hot!
 Sabrosura
Msg: 35
Long fingernails
Posted: 7/31/2009 1:32:52 PM

I hate the look of chipped polish or one short nail and the rest long. They have to be just right or I trim them and start over. I am very vain about my hands and nails and I can't help it.

Ditto!!!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 39
Long fingernails
Posted: 7/31/2009 3:29:54 PM
My hair color is fake. It's not event ha same color as it it in my profile picture anymore. Nothing else is fake though.

When I was a teenager, I was the only one of my friends who could manage to get nice long nails, so I let them get scary long a lot of the time. Now, when I can't make a fist, I trim them or if I break one.. whichever come first.
 HarrNels
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Long fingernails
Posted: 1/30/2010 5:33:40 PM
I keep my nails even with the tips of my fingers. They can still scratch an itch . Any longer and it drives me nuts to type. My mom taught us girls to give ourselves manicures/pedicures, so I've always done my own nails. My nails tend to split more in the winter because of the dry cold weather and grow like crazy in the summer. I like to polish them nude or pale pink when I go out, but not so much for everyday work.
 whytwater
Msg: 52
Long fingernails
Posted: 1/30/2010 6:02:34 PM

And same goes for the toenails. Clip 'em short and paint 'em black. Oh, yummy!

Hang out where ever women run/jog. Naturally goth toenails abound there. And there are some other benefits to runnner ladies. It usually shrinks the butts. Lol
 whytwater
Msg: 53
Long fingernails
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:28:23 AM

I own horses so . . . . . .

uh, who rides whom? (envisioning Snake Woman, one of Chief Dan George's wives in Little Big Man, who copulates with horses, but denies it- the Chief knows she's lying, LOL).
 whytwater
Msg: 54
Long fingernails
Posted: 2/1/2010 12:21:08 PM
You're just wicked..... you do know that dont you....

Myths and legends of the Horse and the Woman abound- satyrs, sirens, unicorns, enchanted forests, all fairly oozing the lewd, lascivious, and lubricious. Afternoon of the Faun drawn from a wanton woman at its root. Sex in the Woods!! Lol. And the Horse gets you there.
 ~rain~
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Long fingernails
Posted: 5/5/2010 10:29:38 PM
I used to wear gel nails, I liked them. thought they were pretty. Then I got bored with them so I had them removed.

It took forever to get my natural nails back i nto shape where they would grow nice.

they arent long but I like to keep th em manicured and I do this for me!!!!

If a guy doesnt like my nails then he doesnt have to look at them.
 zipdy
Msg: 57
Long fingernails
Posted: 5/8/2010 9:35:40 PM
i see really long nails mostly on black women and it makes me want to barf.
 Surreyboy67
Msg: 60
Long fingernails
Posted: 12/24/2015 9:26:01 PM
Just my personal point of view. I think long nails look classy on a woman, kind of sexy too and I'd have no problem paying for her fills or manicures. Just to show her that I'm interested in her. So any single woman out there feel free to drop me a line !
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >