Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > WEIRDEST SANDWICH YOU HAVE EATEN      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Miss G
Msg: 126
WEIRDEST SANDWICH YOU HAVE EATENPage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
spaghetti sandwich
 Obsidius
Msg: 127
view profile
History
WEIRDEST SANDWICH YOU HAVE EATEN
Posted: 5/11/2008 6:31:42 PM
Most definitely the elvis sandwich

you take 2 slices of Texas toast bread, slather peanut butter on both sides, slice up a bannana, put bannana slices in the sandwich, melt one cube of butter in a hot skillet, fry said sandwich in the hot butter slowly for about 5-10 minutes until the bread turns a golden crispy brown and there you have it

The Elvis sandwich
 jadegreen
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 9:19:40 PM
Monte Cristo Sandwich was always strange to me....It is the sandwich with the crust on outside and is friend....need to be really hungry when ya eat this one b/c it is filling...
 jadegreen
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 9:20:28 PM
oops typo...friend = fried....referring to the sandwich being fried
 NO_NO
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/12/2008 1:18:43 PM
PB and J, and I didn't like it. Its common in US but is sure weird from where I come from.
 TradurGurl
Msg: 131
Posted: 5/15/2008 7:32:48 AM
"LIFE itself is kinda like a SH** sandwich --- the more bread you got -- the easier it is to swallow!"

redeyedsmiles
Msg: 132
Posted: 4/26/2009 7:06:23 AM
heya Knox... cheese whiz and onion rocks!!! i lived off of that sandwich for years... try it grilled (as in a grilled cheese) and add peanut butter... trailer? indeed! heavenly? absolutely!

much love,
redeyedsmiles
 cfb62
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2009 7:42:22 AM
Toasted english muffin, pickles, mustard. braunshwieger
 Scottish_Goddess
Msg: 134
Posted: 4/26/2009 7:47:23 AM
My fave:

Bacon, haggis, black pepper and mayo yhum

Maybe its because Im scottish?
 *Starstuff*
Msg: 135
Posted: 4/26/2009 11:29:21 AM
Haggis? Yikes. I don't think I could even try it.

Weirdest? White bread, butter, potato chips. Sometimes including bologna.

Another: White bread, peanut butter and sugar. (The sugar in place of jam, same thing only no fruit involved. )

Tried a bite of Vegemite sandwich in Australia. Really Vile. But a lot of people there love it.

In New York city there is a tiny restaurant called Peanut Butter and Company in The Village. They serve the Elvis which was mentioned earlier. The one time I was there I had a sandwich called The Heat Is On. It is chilled grilled chicken, a little bit of pineapple jam and spicy peanut butter. I found the spicy peanut butter a little strong by it's self but with the other ingredients, it was perfect.
 WantaSmart1
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2009 2:19:42 PM
Try a kim chee sandwich. Just bread, some mayo and two layers of very spicy (hot), korean kim chee (pickled, fermented cabbage with salt and what are now called "Thai" peppers.). Not as bad as it probably sounds - nor as spicy. At least on the way in.
 kow626
Msg: 137
Posted: 4/26/2009 3:39:26 PM
i grew up poor so options were limited n we had 2 b creative. a bologna n jelly sandwich was a regular meal bak then.
 adamISaNAMEiHAVE
Msg: 138
Posted: 4/26/2009 4:02:37 PM
why is reading all this making me hungry? LOL

Anyone remember the movie, "Breakfast Club"? Course you do . . . but remember the part when she makes a sandwich with crushed captain crunch and pixi stix? I tried it and it wasn't good at all . . .

Growing up, my friend took a bite of a poo sandwich that his older brother gave him. He thought it was peanut butter . . . awWw poor kid starting crying once he tasted it! lol

I've had this unusual burrito that was actually very tasty but made you feel like you just injected cholesterol and gives you a rush when you eat it:

Tortilla
Crushed Pork Rinds
Crushed Cheese Puffs (like cheetoes but larger and puffier)
Crushed Noodle Ramen (the spicy kind)
Jalapenos
Mayo
Tabasco
Cheese Squeeze!
Water (to make the 'batter')
 pla*ce
Msg: 139
Posted: 4/26/2009 4:13:31 PM
one of my brothers works in restaurants and he come home once
he said,I will make a soup for you guys ,he went to the grocery store and bought
20 pounds of jalapeƱos and boil its ,whent the coups was done he staffed some bread with its and added salt , everybody had tears running down their faces ,hot and salty as hell
I gues that was the weirest sandwich I had ever had
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 140
Posted: 4/26/2009 8:02:39 PM
You take 2 slices of white bread, butter them and then fill the sandwich with chocolate squares and potato chips....................mmmmm
 Amma63
Msg: 141
Posted: 4/26/2009 8:26:34 PM
I am a huge fan of peanutbutter and bananna sandwiches.

I am also a huge fan of "ELVIS".............lol

I read somewhere that his favorite sandwich was a grilled peanutbutter and bananna sandwich - so, one day I tried it.

I like his singing/acting WAY more than I do his tastes in sandwiches...............

B.
 jadegreen
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2009 8:46:06 PM
Monte Cristo Sandwich definitely most different sandwich I've ever eaten. It is a fried sandwich with turkey, ham, and cheese etc. It is dipped in a batter and fried and then I had it surved with some kinda rasberry jam or something on side. This was at a restaurant. When friend of mine first suggested trying it I was leary to try, but surprisingly enjoyed it.
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 143
Posted: 4/26/2009 8:49:34 PM
Old fashion loaf lunch meat
Crunchy Peanut Butter (has to be crunchy)
Butter
Bread

Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2009 9:44:24 PM

peanut butter and banana
peanut butter and cinnamon sugar
peanut butter and blackstrap molasses
tuna, chopped hardboiled egg and cottage cheese mixture - quite tasty
but weirdest for me that I ever thunk up on my own was a chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella), strawberry jam and cream cheese on multigrain - tasted more like dessert than a sandwich

^^^^^ I don't think this is weird.

And I certainly don't this this is weird:
Toasted fresh baked bread,
crunchy peanut butter on one slice
marshmallow cream on other slice (has to be on 2nd slice as it is too hard to spread if on something else unless microwaved to liquid - too much time and effort)
Bananas, sliced lengthwise, and finally,
jam.

Yes it is a dessert.

TK
{one banana left, bread from yesterday, still have jars of plum and apricot jam from summer -- TK knows whats for lunch tomorrow; must buy marshmallow creme!}
 wizardofossington
Msg: 145
Posted: 4/27/2009 4:42:50 AM
I use to love Mayo sandwiches....
 NoBushLover
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2009 6:13:14 AM
Brain sandwich. With lettuce, tomato, onion, pickled turnip, tahina and hot sauce

Not bad
 emruld
Msg: 147
Posted: 4/27/2009 7:09:49 AM
try the peanut butter and mayo with cucumber.. mmmmmmm
 pinciperro
Msg: 148
Posted: 4/27/2009 8:04:36 AM
While our foreign exchange student lived with us, visiting from Germany, she introduced me to this sandwich...
one slice of wheat bread, soft mozzarella cheese, tomato, and sprinkled with basil.
She got me hooked on it and I couldn't wait for her to come home from school so we could bond over these.

I have since heard that they are really popular all over the world.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 149
Posted: 4/27/2009 10:01:01 AM
Salmon, white chocolate, and macademia nuts, with a slice of cheddar, on Pumpernickel.
I was pregnant, yes.
 beelzebubbles
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/27/2009 1:23:50 PM
Yes the Monte Cristo is an odd sandwich. I like the way it used to be made before they deep fried it.

Two pieces of French Toast
Ham
Turkey
Mozzerella

Grill to melt the cheese

then serve with Maple syrup

must be eaten with a knife and fork.

The oddest sandwich I ever made was peanut butter and jelly with pickles on whole wheat.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > WEIRDEST SANDWICH YOU HAVE EATEN