Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Thrill Seekers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Xavery
Msg: 12
Thrill SeekersPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Some activities are definitely more dangerous than others and if people insist on taking part in them and get injured, should tax payers have to pay? This important question was asked a few posts up.

Swimming with sharks is not legal in Canada or the USA, but I suppose if a person comes back from some far away country missing a leg or an arm that a shark had for a snack, our system would support the persons rehabilitation.

What really interests me is why are some people thrill seekers. Why do some people need a rush of adrenaline? I think I get enough 0f it driving in traffic on a daily basis.
 Xavery
Msg: 13
Thrill Seekers
Posted: 3/22/2009 8:55:40 PM
^The Killer Whale event that ended in the young woman's death made people understand that they are exactly what their name suggests. We have these enormous mammals in captivity with what we consider the IQ of a 2 year old. It should really make us think. Animals are not stuffed toys. I hope the woman who died at the Victoria Aquarium makes people really grasp onto this truth. Whales are mammals and in my opinion dont belong in Aquariums no matter how you argue it.

I never realized that so many people end up banged up after jumping out of airplanes. It has never appealed to me. In fact, I think I would go into cardiac arrest in the air so it is good thing that it is optional and stupid . . . sorry, I should not let my own bias slip into this. It may only be slightly stupid.
 less evolved
Msg: 15
Thrill Seekers
Posted: 12/27/2009 9:27:55 PM
I'm a thrill seeker!

I cross the street without looking.
Run with scissors, and piss into the wind.
When I really crave a rush, do all of these things at the same time.
 new fisherman
Msg: 16
Thrill Seekers
Posted: 12/29/2009 4:55:35 PM
The best thrill I get is speed in a vehicle. The fastest I have ever been in a vehicle is 300 on a closed off stretch of american interstate. Reminds me of the show GumBall 3000
 scottmcfish
Msg: 17
Thrill Seekers
Posted: 12/30/2009 9:53:43 AM
I was doing some rock climbing once and during one part in the rout the consequences of falling certainly weren't death, but suffice to say, could have involved broken bones and the write off of the rest of the season/year. The section was short and not vary difficult, but the thought of falling was really freaking me out. I remember fear washing over me like waves in a unstoppable tide and it beginning to paralyse me (which makes climbing more difficult in itself). I eventually concluded that my only salvation laid above me and took some comfort in the knowledge that I was still physically able to go on.

I finished the rout and started setting up things at the top so other people could do the same rout without the same risks of injury, the whole while feeling like my vary soul was sick with fear and that I had to rethink the direction of my life.

After that though I was left sitting on this ledge on a rock face and just felt a sense of peace and almost bliss permeate every fibber of my being. I looked over the landscape and was overwhelmed with the beauty of the world that we are lucky enough to live on. For that moment, life, everything in it and everything surrounding it was beautiful and sublime. I thought it might bring me to tears.

This was the highest point in my life, the point which I was most content with my place in this world. Upon reflection, I expect the highest point in my life was brought on by one of the lowest points in my life a few moments earlier and that the adrenalin flooding my system after I fought my way through my fear was a precursor to the endorphins that flooded my system and were making me feel so good.

For a lot of thrill seekers, life can be bland and colourless without these thrills. Thrill seeking for some is how they go about experiencing life beyond simply being alive.
 new fisherman
Msg: 18
Thrill Seekers
Posted: 1/2/2010 4:34:51 PM
The best thrill of all is coming very close death and coming out unhurt or minor cuts bruises
In my life I have only had a few of them.

Came within inches of being killed when I fell of a bike

I was on a skate luge in california when I missed a truck within inches

A vehicle doing 100 barely missed me and my family as we were walking across a cross walk, the first and only car in the first lane stopped but the second lane was wide open and the woman never stopped. She deserved to lose her license for life on that one. Dangerous driving like that, even if she didnt mean to do it. Its to bad I never got her plate #
 HaloKitty
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Thrill Seekers
Posted: 6/12/2011 12:17:36 AM
The biggest thrill I get, or want to get, is managing to come up with a meal there's nothing in the house but bread, salmon, noodles, and 1 packet of Splenda.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Thrill Seekers
Posted: 6/26/2011 7:18:45 PM
All my friends and family think I'm crazy going up to the zenith of the mountain. I love to ski downhill, and if it's not fast enough, I feel I've been cheated. I guess it's the adrenaline junkie in me. But now they are telling me I'm getting too old to do it. Screw 'em. I still love it.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Thrill Seekers