Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Just plain UGLY      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kpooks
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Just plain UGLYPage 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, opinions are like a--holes, everybody's got them, and she's entitled to her opinion. If she finds you ugly, find someone who doesn't. Broaden your horizons as well and go for other than supermodel types.
 StrangeMonkey9000
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/5/2009 11:54:01 PM

I don't think the OP is a looker. And most that are patting him on the head and filling there post full of compliments are just being "nice".

I knew it! I'm a fugly loser! My life is over, because a straight guy doesn't think I'm beautiful!

Coincidentally, weren't you the one that keeps trying to delete my posts because they are too long? What are you doing trolling me?
 anishinaabeikwe
Msg: 53
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:50:23 AM
125 replies to a thread about being ugly or not....

OP - Obviously the person who sent you that message was a complete jerk. There really are people out there who THRIVE on being obnoxious and rude. Unfortunately you just happened to walk into the cross hairs of one of them...

That said: beauty (or handsomeness) is in the eye of the beholder. ONE person singled you out and told you you're not worthy of their attentions. Perhaps you should remind yourself that there have probably been girls in your past, women in your present and there will be some in your future that are just not appealing to you in the physical, emotional or intellectual sense. It may be a combination of factors, it may be all of them. So consider what has happened to you as a lesson well learned - that honesty with kindness is far better than brutal, bordering on mean, honesty.

Please move on with your life, one person's opinions and rude comments should NOT carry so much weight on your view of yourself. In all honesty - the person that sent you that message should be pitied - what sort of self-esteem issues must they have that they need to cut others down to make themselves feel superior?
 namebob5
Msg: 54
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/6/2009 12:22:31 PM
When you have something like this happen you can be thankful that one day she is going to grow old and unappealing and won't have anything to offer. I think unattractive people are the lucky ones because they make themselves through there intellect, a much more resounding attracting than flesh can be.
 charliedawg
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:35:40 AM
Yep, but I take pride in my Shrek like appearence.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 56
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/7/2009 10:09:09 AM
Consider the source; she sounds like a spoiled 15 year old OC girl who thinks everyone wants them. You dont' want to end up with a girls gone wild stuck up ho, so just move on. Consider the source, be respectful and it's all good. Good luck,
 browneyedbaby55
Msg: 57
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/13/2009 4:36:25 AM
Your not ugly and you don't have a problem. The woman has a big problem. Get over it and move on. I get told I'm cute and nothing ever happens after that. Dateless. Don't sweat the small stuff.
 DocElffington
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/23/2009 3:18:51 AM
This was a pretty creative troll post. It made it past the troll police AND the mods! nice.

As for the contents???

Eh...some women think ugly is cute.

I mean, I'd swear that a woman coined the phrase, " No baby is ugly" .

But I'd have some SERIOUS misgivings about that because I've seen to the contrary!

Men coin phrases like, " A face only a mother could love".

But hey.........childless women are just mothers in training!
 melindasue28
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/23/2009 12:00:32 PM
Its horrible that women can be so cruel. Wow...what a b****. Obviously she has a lot of issues. Its a shame that some beautiful women are so ugly inside. It just never made any sense to me. If your beautiful on the outside, wouldn't you want to be beautiful in the inside as well? So you'd be the total package.

Your not ugly, your tall and have a nice facial features.

She's obviously a loser with no life.
 buckmaker
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:23:02 AM
Sounds to me like OP has made it all up so he can find some softy chick who will comfort him. Aaawwww poor baby. You're not ugly but you are just fishing for bottom feeders who take in stray animals. You know; cat ladies.
My pet peeve is when you are actually trying to help some skank be less victimized and they get all peeed off when you're only trying to do a good deed. They do get punished because people care about themselves unless its convenient to care about strangers. Go figure.
 madamoisele1
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:00:38 AM
1. You're very cute.

2. One possible reply might have been "Why don't you like ugly people? Afraid they're prettier on the outside than you are on the inside?"

Wendy :)
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/24/2009 8:45:04 AM

When you have something like this happen you can be thankful that one day she is going to grow old and unappealing and won't have anything to offer.

And probably spending thousands of dollars to hide all those lines in her face that have been drawn by misery and callousness.

I think the term "aging gracefully" applies to those who have spent their lives learning how to be happy, generous, and confident to the point where all those wrinkles on their face finally reveal the beauty within.
 giants84
Msg: 63
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/24/2009 9:40:42 PM
What you have to realize is that a very small percentage of people on here are actually serious about dating etc, everyone else is here just for fun or to be a moron. That's the internet for you.
 Genuine_Gentleman_For_You
Msg: 64
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/25/2009 8:42:53 PM
OP, I know how you feel. Now, this is my 3rd foray on POF, and that's never happened to me here. But it had happened on other sites. Being called, ugly, gruesome, hideous, facially challenged (which made me laugh.) They want to crush our ego. But we have to consider the source. Those people are seriously screwed up in the head. Bringing others down helps make them feel better about themsleves. And now matter how beautiful they may look to you, it's obvious that deep down inside, where it counts the most, they are the truly ugly.
 MsYesterday
Msg: 65
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/25/2009 9:09:23 PM
Like it is said"Some people are born with a pretty outside,others are born with ugly outside -then there is a group of people who are born INSIDE OUT,like the gal who insulted you.
 evrybdy
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/26/2009 12:39:39 AM
Hey OP, I had a guy write me and tell me I looked like Schmiegel (sp) once.lol I guess it's hard for me to be hurt when I start laughing at how creative they get with their insults. But definitely, I saw no reason for what she said from the pic I saw. Be happy enough in your own skin because it's obvious those people aren't happy enough in theirs.

M
 AdrianEsquire
Msg: 67
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/28/2009 10:05:09 PM
A friend of mine (the man, 'M') had this e-mail exchange after a coffee date, after he cut it short because he really was not interested:

M: so I kinda feel not up to par...sorry
W: you are ok we can get togeather again
M: I don't think there is any reason to. Sorry.
W: ok thats fine didnt like u any way u are too short and not attractive at all
M: Well I'm sure you'll find someone more suited to your preferences. I'm sorry I just don't see any attraction between us at all.
W: well i didnt se it also thank you 4 the coffee hope u have some luck ive found a friend thank you
M: I am always polite, even if it doesn't seem to be there. Keep that in mind.
W: ok sweety i will ill still chat wth you ok
M: so good night and take care
W: u too sweety

Now according to my friend, this woman was very rough-looking.
 gouki23
Msg: 68
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/29/2009 1:42:36 AM
The fact that she went out of her way to message you telling you that you are ugly shows shes a loser.....seriously who does that?
 AdrianEsquire
Msg: 69
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/29/2009 10:06:16 AM
To whom are you replying?
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 70
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/29/2009 6:22:29 PM
Well..she must need glasses then because you look like a handsome guy. Some people just have that need to strike out and be cruel..so just ignore petty people like that.
 SCPhotog
Msg: 71
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/29/2009 7:56:32 PM
I got a similar reply the other day. While it bothered me for a few seconds I shrugged it off and moved on.
 Seminole1351
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/30/2009 8:54:13 AM
NEXT!!!! Girl could have been the most beautiful thing on God's green earth, but with an attitude and personality like that, she is doomed to be used and abused. She will get whats coming to her. No worries man!
 elsbethlette
Msg: 73
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:35:11 PM
If you werent so young, I'd do ya.

LOL
 StrangeMonkey9000
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:36:07 PM
Lol. this thread is still going after dying like twice.

To set the record straight, I'm not a troll, I didn't feed the troll, I didn't pet the troll, I'm not looking for sympathy or sex from a "bottom feeding, cat lady". (don't think I don't see you over there, buckmaker. :P Couldn't help but have a laugh at that profile.)
As for me being ugly, I'm aware that my weight is an issue with a lot of people, but if they want to judge the content by the wrapper that's perfectly acceptable, I'll do some judging of my own and move on. lol
 DragonLover1967
Msg: 75
Just plain UGLY
Posted: 5/1/2009 8:47:51 PM
I personally don't think I'm that bad looking, (even though a lot of people on PoF have rated my pic as a 3 ) I realize that I'm not the most handsome thing on the planet but what gives here? Just feeling mean spirited? lmao.

Personally I would give you at least a 7 -- you are just too young for me.

Best of luck
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Just plain UGLY