Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > What kind of guitar strings do you use?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovinlivin77
Msg: 58
What kind of guitar strings do you use?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
D'Addario mediums on my Santa Cruz Vintage Southerner
 venom5150
Msg: 59
What kind of guitar strings do you use?
Posted: 5/29/2009 12:11:17 AM
Currently, I use Rotosound electric guitar strings on all my electrics, with the exception being my 12 string electric, which I use Pyramids. Mostly I use 12-52s, but my Paul Reed Smiths play well with 11-52. Rickenbackers get 12-52 flatwound, Tele gets 10-52 only because it's old.

Acoustic guitars get the Elixir treatment, being the Polyweb 13-56 gauge, 80/20 bronze.

On my Jazz Bass, Rotosound Jazz Bass 77s are used, 45-105, flatwound.

My classical uses Savarez Extra High tension.

The Ernie Ball, OLP, EVH Wolfgang, Frankenstein and "5150" get Rotosound 10-46 if I'm tuned to standard, 10-52 if I tune to Eb.

For the most part, I tune to A-440, but one of my Strats, and depending on what I am doing, the EVH guitars go down to Eb.

Try to stay away from the DR strings. While they're great when you get a good set, too many messed up sets are going around. I used to love them, and then I bought 3 consecutive bad sets. I said "F- this."

The Rotosound strings are absolutely amazing. They last long, sound great, feel great, and stay in tune well. I've always had problems with my intonation with DRs.

I hope this sheds some insight to what some guitarists do with their equipment.
 o SOL o
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/29/2009 12:09:40 PM
Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky. Best strings I've ever used.
 deeznutswhatdoyougot
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/3/2009 9:37:31 PM
elexir: medium gauge
i left these strings on an acoustic for 3 or 4 years. they still sounded good..unreal
they are def. worth the extra $5 or whatever it is..last that much longer
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > What kind of guitar strings do you use?