Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Msg: 201
You are everything I ever wanted in a woman...Page 11 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
People who do this like the thrill of being chased.They pull you in enough to make you believe that they have intense feelings for you then just at the peak they snap back.You chase then they get the thrill of being chased.When they need that thrill again they snap back and you chase again.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 202
You are everything I ever wanted in a woman...
Posted: 1/31/2011 11:12:59 PM
said it, meant it, will disappear for weeks without notice
just because you are the 'one' doesnt mean I dont need my space and my time off from you. and if I am not calling every hour, or texting every 5 minutes, and that is the level of intensity you need.... you wont survive the first long weekend of riding season. Dont feel bad, few do.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 203
Posted: 2/1/2011 7:43:47 AM

said it, meant it, will disappear for weeks without notice
just because you are the 'one' doesnt mean I dont need my space and my time off from you. and if I am not calling every hour, or texting every 5 minutes, and that is the level of intensity you need.... you wont survive the first long weekend of riding season. Dont feel bad, few do.

Hummmm.......You mean men need their "space" too?

I agree the first weekend that weather allows me to ride. I am going to jump on my Harley and see where the road takes me!

Funny how when a man takes some time to be alone he is a player, yet when a lady does it she is just taking needed time for herself.

This is why I have learned that being single has many more benefits than being in a relationship.

Don't get me wrong I like the company of a lady however why be miserable with one when you can be happy with many?
Msg: 204
Posted: 2/1/2011 8:14:36 AM

will disappear for weeks without notice

This is actually cruel.Having no idea what happened to someone and going out of your mind trying to find out if they are dead and alive is the sickest thing you can do to someone you claim to love.

I completely understand wanting along time,and will demand my own alone time,but I would never just take off and not let anyone know where I went too.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 205
Posted: 2/11/2011 7:45:14 PM
I have been with the military for a long time. A hop comes up, johnny jihad blows something up and bang, I am gone. I am lucky to get to mail, or skype and the phone is right out.
and when I get back, I get a claustrophobic feeling of smoothered and yep, I am out, I will text from the next state over.
probably why I never married.
we all have our burdens.
 1bellanella
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2011 6:39:36 AM

Just an update. In three minutes it will be my 57th birthday.
Birthday card...$
A Dozen Long Stemmed Red Roses...$$
Romantic Dinner for Two...$$$
The embrace, good night kiss and I love you...Priceless!

In a few days it will be three years since I received that first email from him here on POF. Things are still going strong. Just wanted to give some words of encouragement to those of you still looking. It is possible to find love here among the fishies.

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement, widowinloveagain! It's great to hear that things have worked out. I hope your 57th year is the happiest and brightest of your life (atleast until the 58th rolls around). Happy birthday
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 207
Posted: 9/28/2011 7:09:44 AM
I wouldn't take the words "you are everything I want in a woman" too seriously.

My off and on boyfriend of five years has said that to me on numerous occasions, yet he broke the relationship off twice.

Of course, a man (total stranger) in the parking lot of Target also told me that I was the "perfect" woman. He based this off of ten minutes of conversation and the fact that I wore a short skit.

Snot.
 MikeWM
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2011 7:27:37 AM
What a surprise that many of the women can ONLY seem to think he "just wants sex" pmsl

Despite it seeming like the absolute last thing on his mind

From what I have seen I would say he still has open wounds, some confidence issues or something of that ilk. So he "wants" to make it more serious, but every time it gets more serious that makes him think of how it will hurt "when" (rather than if) you end it

Which is a commn kind of flip flopping perspective when someone still has an ended relationship on their mind as it will feel like it ending is the "only" possible outcome

Often people (both men and women) will do the same kind of pattern with different partners. Date them because they like them, but as soon as real feelings start to emerge they crap themselves and end it for any inane reason they can think of

But others go through the cycle far more quickly, and quick enough that they oscillate their level of attention with the same person

If you do really like this person and would like to see where it might go then the best approach is to tackle this with direct conversation and subtle reassurance about how you view them (but without being so OTT they wouldnt be able to believe it)

If not, then theyre best left alone for a year or two till theyre a bit more comfortable with and within themselves
 MikeWM
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2011 7:28:28 AM
Doh, I gave up reading the posts about 3/4s of the way though haha

That'll teach me :)
 CynM
Msg: 210
Posted: 10/15/2011 9:33:55 AM
I've been following this thread since the beginning so, first, want to say 'whoo hoo doctor doctor that it is still working out so well for you and your sweetie'.

I've heard either the exact same words, or very similar, in the past. First guy was just in the delusional-lust stage. He may have believed the words when he said them but there wasn't anything behind them. Turns out there was another woman who was also "everything he ever wanted in a woman".

Last time I heard something similar ("I can't imagine anyone more perfect for me"), it was after being together almost 2 yrs so I believed him. The thing is, there are people for whom that belief ('she is perfect for me') doesn't translate to action (I want to be with her). Glad to hear you and yourr sweetie made that leap of faith and continue to enjoy the benefits. Some of us are not so fortunate.

Peace
CynM
 kailania
Msg: 211
Posted: 10/15/2011 11:32:39 PM
so happy to hear this from you.

as for the not calling in the beginning..
i have experienced that.
my bf seriously would say he would call and then fall asleep in front of the tv.
i know its true because when i was at his house i would witness it.
its not always pulling back...sometimes men get really tired from working all day.
sometimes they just need some space to get things done and get very focused on the task they are doing.

good luck to you OP.
 kcladyz
Msg: 212
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:23:00 AM
some people get close too fast then spook themselves. I seen it before. not uncommon
 gianne2011
Msg: 213
Posted: 10/16/2011 6:21:09 PM
I am getting out of a relationship like this. We talked just about everyday on im for about a month and a half before we met. We would see each other 1 day a week on the weekends, cuz we lived so far apart. We would meet half way. He would tell me the same things, even that he was falling in love with me. He would text me every morning telling me good morning, through out the day texting something funny. And then go a couple days, wouldn't answer my texts or calls. And when I finally hear from him, he would be angry and take things out on me, that I knew nothing about. But otherwise he was kind and said wonderful things when we were together. This would happen almost once a week.It has been 2 days and I finally heard from him today. He is leaving the state, and I never meant that much to him, even though he had big plans for us.( we were seeing each other for 3 months) I think part of his problem was a bipolar condition, but to leave after all the things he had planned was crushing to me. He never wanted to commit, just wanted a campanion. He may even be married. He said he was only here because of his daughter. I think he would come out for 3 months to see her and go back. I think the whole time he was a liar. Be careful, this man is 53 and never grew up.
 scsweetie4u
Msg: 214
Posted: 10/16/2011 7:25:05 PM
He's keeping you on the back burner for when he's bored and has nothing better going on. A lot of people do this.
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 215
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:19:40 PM
commitment is kryptonite to us men for the most part. We like to adventure & see new things. The last thing we'd ever want to do is be entrapped. For you women a relationship is security & protection that you want & need. For us men, its the same in ways but our adventurous urges will start to itch at a certain point. That's why its best for alot of men to live out their lives and experience a lot before settling down...while women need to settle down early because of their biological clocks.

So the best thing for women to do is be the greatest they can be so a quality man who has gotten his adventurous urges taken care of can settle down with her because she is that exceptional.
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 216
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:36:34 PM
@Tinkerr Belle

Sure, homemaking might feel entrapping but....let's be honest...as a women you want security and stability. So you dedicate your entire life to finding that exact man you can build a secure relationship with and setup a family with. Your life revolves around finding him.( let's be honest!)

You fantasize about it all the time.

you look up engagement ring.

You plan out your wedding before it even happens.

you have decided the location, what everyone will wear....EVERYTHING. lol

A man would be lucky to even think deeply about being married until it comes close to the date.

and also as a guy, you have to wonder.....will she stay the same once we're married? Will she change to who she really is because now she is secure and doesn't have to put up a fron to reel me in or keep me interested in marrying her?

i'm just trying to give you some insight into our world.
 BEACHBUM611
Msg: 217
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:29:30 PM
Sounds like a wimp to me!!!! If I'm into a woman, really into her, I'm chillin' with her 100% no yo yo, no b.s., no games......straight up no chaser!!!
 onlydateIF
Msg: 218
Posted: 1/24/2012 11:41:12 PM
I confess I haven't read any of his works myself, but a friend shared often and a lot about the mans emotional coming close/moving away dynamic being eloquently explained by an author named Chuck Spezzano. Even though I have never read his material , I feel I've heard ample profound commentary on the topic supposedly coming from Mr Spezzano that it satisfied my curiosity about this dynamic to the point I am able to let go and just think men are like the ebbs and flows of the ocean. Hopefully you can check his stuff out at library, buy at bookstore or google to find him if he does ebooks, which seems to be the trend w/ a lot of these relationship guru types. Good luck OP and keep your life going regardless of his ebbs and flows. You won't be forgotten most likely for honoring his man cave time
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 219
Posted: 5/15/2012 7:45:36 PM
Well congrats!!!
We like happy endings.
Just to geez off the bitter shrews!
LOL
 1bellanella
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2012 8:34:27 PM
So glad to hear it, Widow. Thanks for the boost. :D
 MrGenuine72
Msg: 221
Posted: 5/22/2013 1:26:20 AM
Unfortunately a lot of men are like that which ruin it for honest guys like me & it's sad that women get played for fools & is understandable that women find it hard to trust someone that is honest. Yes some women are like that but more so men!!!
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 222
Posted: 5/22/2013 6:46:01 AM
^^You resurrected this thread after a year for that??

If you'd read the few posts ahead of yours you would know that the OP is still 'dating' that man 4 years later and, as of the last post and her profile, they are still very happy together.

In other words, OP's guy was not a liar/player who makes honest guys like you (gak) look bad.

You can appear dim all on your own.
 ICtheLite
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2013 10:25:25 PM
Congratulations WidowinLoveagain. Glad to hear it :)
 strawberryrippleicecream
Msg: 225
Posted: 10/8/2013 5:50:30 PM
Thats great news - but truely three years - without commitment - is way too long to be kept on a string - all of us women these days, need to know what we want - what we will accept - and what we wont - if anyone crosses our defined boundries, and expects us, or asks us, to put up with any form of Bull - please say - NO

Teased by an experienced sociopathic teaser - is sometimes difficult to recognise - but it's highly likely it's the trait, of a con man, playing games, with youre heart and grace generosity and love.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >