Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Blocked? or deleted Account?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cab257401
Msg: 56
Blocked? or deleted Account?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Was just wondering what it means when the person who you were messaging back and forth..now comes up as deleted user??i can see the messages he has sent me but all mine are gone..the messages are all of maybe 11 hours old..any idea what could possibly be happening?
 IIIKayIII
Msg: 64
Blocked? or deleted Account?
Posted: 10/22/2016 1:27:18 PM
I'm not sure if I'm blocked or if he deleted his account. In inbox It shows he's online yet I can't see his name or pic or go to his profile.and our conversations are gone. I click our messages and it says error loading messages
 Konalii
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/11/2016 7:05:08 AM
I received an email from a user that blocked me. I can not read what he sent or delete his email or block him.
Any one knows how I may open his email to block him?
Thanks
 Sonic98
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:32:09 PM
I think the way they delete everything after someone account is gone or you are blocked is stupid. They're going to be deleted in 30 days anyway. Just let that catch it. There have been plenty of times someone messaged me before deleting an account, and I come back to nothing. I have no idea what their last message was. If someone blocks me, just let them not show up for me at all, so I can search through people I can actually talk to, and I don't miss out on their last couple messages. What if they blocked me by mistake?
 vadredand
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/9/2017 9:53:45 AM
Hello Everybody,

I would like to know if there was any solution to contact pof to discover why a profile has been desactivated in the website?

Thanks
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/9/2017 12:01:28 PM
You can try emailing customer service at CSR@Pof.com

They take eons to response, if at all, and will never give users reason why profiles go puff! in the night.
 JZeeJr
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2017 11:16:44 AM
I'm still not quite sure what might have happened in this situation, as some of the more informative responses in this thread are quite old, but I'd really like to know what happened here. I'll be as descriptive as I can below:

1) In my inbox just shows her as Deleted User
2) All of MY messages in the conversation were deleted including in the sent messages tab, I can still see every single one of her messages she sent me in the past week and a half.
3) Username search brings up nothing

First person on here I really felt a connection with and we were literally making plans to get together Saturday. Talking like normal as we have been for over a week and a half, chitchatting and last message I received from her was at 9:09 am EST this morning, by the time I got on the app on my phone at 9:12 this morning it said Deleted User in my inbox. Highly unlikely I was blocked because her last message was as sweet as always, and asking about our plans for Saturday.

If she was deleted, whether by legitimate reason or by some mishap (like too many illegitimate complaints) how hard would it be to get her account back/make a new one?
 pofman666
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2017 3:47:50 PM
JZeeJr - POF have deleted her account. You have not been blocked.

As has been observed, if people are blocked enough times, the account will be deleted. It could've been because they were fake, but not always. I once went on a date which didn't work out, but our last exchange was still in my inbox and two days later, her account was deleted, so others could've blocked her and so this happened. I know she wasn't fake because I saw her in the flesh.
 WatchÐog
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/6/2017 4:44:42 PM

JZeeJr - POF have deleted her account.

You are completely wrong. She deleted her account herself. The clue is the fact that the messages she sent were still in his half of the conversation.
 JZeeJr
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2017 8:12:13 PM
WatchDog, if what I've read in older posts here is true, if a user deletes their own account won't they still show up in searches for a time?

Had a buddy of mine get on the site and search for her profile by username as well, search came up with nothing =/
 WatchÐog
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/6/2017 8:28:19 PM

WatchDog, if what I've read in older posts here is true, if a user deletes their own account won't they still show up in searches for a time?

No, that is not true. Once an account is deleted, that profile will not be seen anywhere except for a cached version on Google, and eventually it too will be gone.

Many years ago, a Username Search would show that a user deleted an account and the date when, but that is no longer the case. Even then, there was still no access to the deleted profile.

When the site deletes an account, you will not see Deleted User in your inbox, and all messages will be gone, not just the ones you sent.
 JZeeJr
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2017 10:15:31 PM
WatchDog, if you're 100% sure then that's all I need, thought it still applied that if someone deleted their account they'd still show up on a user search for a bit. If she deleted it herself then at least I know now it was of her own accord and it's done.
 LJ_Beachlover
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2017 6:36:08 PM
So is POF deleted an account then you would see no trace of of them at all?
And if they deleted their own account u would see their messages but their name would be *deleted account*?
Am I understanding right?
I know if u get blocked it tells you that when you try to message them because someone blocked me when I refused to hook up lol
 buxy1964
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 3:00:19 AM
If you are sexually suggestive, have bad pictures, stolen pictures, no head shot clear profile picture, lie about your age and or location you can be deleted.
 buxy1964
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 3:05:33 AM
I think when they block you, your side or their side, I've seen it happen, of the conversation gets deleted BUT you can still see if they are online! If you haven't deleted the conversation, you can still see if Deleted User is active in the inbox. If they have deleted you they're clearly not interested in you so I would just leave them alone. You can no longer contact them.
 buxy1964
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2017 3:08:17 AM
If she blocked you and you are logged out of POF and you search for her you can find her. But if you're logged in to POF and you search for her you cannot find her. If her account is deleted or an inactivated you will not find her either way logged on or logged off.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Blocked? or deleted Account?