Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VeroNearU32960
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Eharmony - Knowing What You Are Buying ?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Exactly RIGHT eHarmony is about MONEY, not about people meeting people. Don't fall for their BALONEY TV ads.
 OutMind
Msg: 96
Eharmony - Knowing What You Are Buying ?
Posted: 7/16/2009 7:02:52 AM

I think most pay dating sites are a waste of money.

Hmmm. I was with match, paid,for the year subscription. In two years went out with over 80 women. Sounds like a good deal to me. My Gf, tried the one month Free subscription. Made contact with 3 guys, went out with one (me). Cancelled her subscription.

Sounds like both got a great deal. But wait, she now has breast cancer, so maybe I should sue the sites for all the discomfort and emotional turmoil since if I had not met her through there I wouldn't have to endure this. (Just a joke, we're doing fine)
 chrono1985
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/17/2009 5:39:03 AM
I had a similar problem with a few other sites which I used online surveys to get the payment in, during the trial membership lots of messages yet I could not reply, soon as I filled out enough surveys for the full membership on those sites I tried not a single message and never even got a single message I sent out read. That's when I decided to just stay away from pay sites like that, just glad I didn't dish out money out of my pocket for them, at least the surveys I did came with other freebies like this metal cigarette tin that made an excellent case for a guitar effect circuit.
 Vincent_1984
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2009 7:12:49 AM
I just gave eHarmony a shot since they had a promo on. What a scam. For one thing, eharmony has, at best, one tenth of the members plentyoffish has (or at least that what it seems to be) and half of those members are also on plentyoffish. The interface is horrible, you have to go through each match and close them one at a time, which can be a very slow and tedious process. There is also, apparently, no way to bypass their matching system, so instead of letting you browse and pick what who you like from reading their profiles you are limited to the very few people who they deem you compatible with. It's a waste of time and money.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/23/2009 12:18:12 PM
E Harmony sucks. The women complain on E H's sister website eha that there aren't enough men on E Harmony. I think for every man there are three women? E Harmony is the most boring, labor intensive (you have to use your time to close out matches) and all the questions asked doesn't help you get matched with anyone different than here on POF.

POF is way better, more fun and less labor (time) intensive. Also E Harmony Advice (sister website to E Harmony.com) has a reputation for being run and controlled by extreme feminists. Allegedly they run off men who don't conform to extreme feminism. Before you plunk down $ for E Harmony, join Udate, Match.com or any other leading website. E Harmony imho is the worst and most expensive.

Former E H member for years...
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/23/2009 12:28:07 PM
EH sucked.

I do personally know some people who got married from eharmony...

But they're more of the straight laced, homely variety.

I'm an attractive geek.

It's not a site for me.
 Wyatt Earp1
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/16/2009 12:44:40 PM
E Harmony sucks. Trust me.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/16/2009 5:19:33 PM
Eharmony is a complete waste. I tried it three different times over the years when they had their "freebie" promos, and the very few "matches" that they insisted on sending me were completely out of the guidelines of what I was looking for - and I was set up with a pretty wide range.

I used to like match.com - met my last LTR on there and we were together for five years - but it's a wasteland these days too. I like these POF fora.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >