Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oggers
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What tricks do you play on april fools day?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
A few years ago, a mate of mine had his mobile phone cloned, calls were made to Iran, phone company finally put a stop on when they realised that there was unusual useage patterns.

So, a week later - All Fools Day - we in the office sent him a doctored fax with Iranian headed paper, telling him his carpet ordered from the Tehran bazaar was ready. There are loads of holes in this , and we thought that he would say "Hahaha .. piss off"

But he didnt. He went bananas - he hadnt ordered a carpet , how was he going to pay all that just for a Persian Rug ?!

Manna from heaven .......

So we embelished it a bit more and a bit more, faxing him to advise that his carpet was en route to Heathrow etc etc , needed clearance information to get it through customs . All the time waiting for him to twig - hang on, how did this 'carpet maker' know where he worked and fax number etc ...... but no. He was really convinced he was going to have to pay about £700 for a rug.

Then we got one of the girls from our other office to call him - and she did a brilliant job of asking him for money ... she really WAS Iranian, and so had the accent and everything ... It was only when he heard a few of us in the corner of the office howling with laughter did he figure it out ...........

It was a classic .........
 ~Hams~
Msg: 20
view profile
History
What tricks do you play on april fools day?
Posted: 4/1/2010 2:53:58 PM
I thought about putting one up on the forum this morning
as I usually do every year but wasn't in the mood today so apologise to my fellow posters!

Can't believe anyone would be so silly as to lick a newspaper as even I read The Sun!!
Although if it was meant to smell like hob nobs I might have been tempted.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >