Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SueCat51
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Do successful men want higher maintenance women?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I don't think succesful men ALWAYS want the higher maintenance women, no more than the "Average Joe's" do. It depends on the man. I do believe that men love it when their woman can dress for the occasion. If she's working outside in the garden, he's not going to want her to dress in a****ail dress and heels. Likewise, if they are going to a society type of function, he doesn't want her to dress up in jeans and t-shirt.

Quite frankly, I expect the same for men. If we're going to an Opera or a Gala Event, he can leave the t-shirt, jeans, and boots at home. I also wouldn't want my fella to be working on a car or mowing the yard in a tux.

Bottom line - if someone doesn't think you look good for them, remember this. It's their loss and your gain.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Do successful men want higher maintenance women?
Posted: 4/2/2009 6:37:36 PM
"highly maintained women"... does that satisfy the people who are saying, "wait up, a high maintenance women is about emotional maintenance"?

OP: have you considered the more creative types rather than the executive types?
 Moonchild51
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2009 6:55:47 PM
OP with all due respect? I think I can decipher what Gladys was trying to tell you but in a much more tactful way? And no offense intended. When I viewed your profile? I saw a lady who was not afraid to get out there and experience life! And in the scenario, what you are dressed in is most appropriate. However, you are on a dating site. We need to put our best foot forward. You have beautiful big eyes and a wonderful smile. You speak of your unruly hair? Trust me g/f, there are ways of working around that. I have always had kinky, silly, curly hair and have only recently figured out how to tame it. And OP? It is really funny sometimes. I can go out dressed to the nines and get ultimate respect, yet with no makeup get zip! lol. I do fine with my earning capabilities yet if I dress down, get treated like a no mind! I guess, after all of this blathering hun, is that this is a dating site. Put your best fancy face out there cuz you got it goin on!Then after ya catch that lil bugger, show him your expeditional side! Remember hun, he doesn't always look like he just stepped out of GQ either! And for God's sake, please do not let others diminish how you feel about yourself!
 Moonchild51
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2009 7:12:22 PM
Gladys dear? All due respect to you? Let us just drop the catfight?
It really is not attractive for either of you gals. I have always thought our expressions through the forums was to learn from each other and our life experiences. Slighting another's character is most unattractive. You did in fact raise some very valid points, except I think perhaps your delivery was a tad off. Peace out baby!
And yes Phoebe, Moonie is a wanna be mod as you call me! lmao...I just very much dislike discord. God knows we get enough of that irl!
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/2/2009 7:24:03 PM
lmao Moonie to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did well and I think that was all everyone was trying to say...first impressions matter it is a matter of respect. I remember I had a first meet with a guy and couldnt decide what to wear and my daughter walks in my room and pulls out my fanciest number and says...you have to look good enough now to get a second chance...tis true!
 kpooks
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2009 7:42:35 PM
I'm not what you'd consider "successful" (from a corporate standpoint)...I happen to like "earthy" women. I'll look you up.
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/3/2009 8:38:49 AM
Aren't all women high maintenance? I've never known one that didn't need some kind of fuss made over her from time to time.

In responce to the question; no. No one wants more stress in their life and that's what a high maintenance woman is. More so a man that works hard long hours making money. He's already stressed from his job. He wants a woman that will have everything ready for him when he gets home.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 9:03:40 AM
He wants a woman that will have everything ready for him when he gets home.

^^And to that I say no problem! Long as he makes enough for two to live on comfortable, I will give up my high stress job to cook his fav meals nightly, rub his back, run his bath and meet him at the door wearing my "atta girl kneepads"!(*wink*)

OT: OP, you seem like a really level headed lady who knows what she desires. I hope you meet the fellow who can date your "whole" person, not just pieces. Sytlish gal out on the town, or hiking it in the trails with your dogs! You go girl!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 10:52:55 AM

It takes 30 minutes

Only 30 minutes? I have never known a woman that took only 30 minutes to get ready.

The interesting thing about the lyrics is that in 1963 people (including me) did hang the socks out on the line, starch the shirts and grease the car, and sew. None of that happens these days. Cars have sealed bearings, shirts are permanent press or wrinkle free, and Wal-Mart sells stuff so cheap that its not worth sewing anything any more.

The modern man hardly needs a woman to keep his life going....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 11:04:56 AM
You are most probably just naturally good looking....
 c_deacon
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 11:14:42 AM
Sure we do!!!!

The difference is that now a days, we do not need a woman to be our servant, and hopefully much more of our equal.

I enjoy the company of women, and have no intention of living life without them. The difference is that I am just as capable of taking care of myself, and because of working hard, and planning well, I can afford to have others do the things for me that I prefer not to do myself..........and I do not need to have a woman there to be my maid and do it for me.

I will agree with you however, that most women can not get ready for work or social functions in just 30 minutes, and one of the best things man created was the second bathroom and double sinks.......

I enjoy it when a woman will enter my home and look around and have this perplexed look on their face, and say, you do not have the typical bachelor pad, and will ask me if I did it by myself. My answer to them is yes, with the help of many that have known me for years and years, and because I can afford to have someone come it to clean, and help maintain it, so I do not need to have a mate do it for me.

I would much prefer to have a woman that will enjoy life with me, earn as much money, and be able to let others do the things for us that we care not to do, and not think badly about themselves, or me for preferring it that way.

Just my opinion.........
 c_deacon
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2009 11:52:05 AM
No........BUT I am happy to consider a long term affair..........Your "sink" or mine???

OT........If your walk in closet is larger than mine, I WILL consider you to be "high maintenance"!

Just my opinion........
 gentleplus
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 11:28:03 AM
To men like these everything is a possession or a tool.... each and every item is carefully selected & groomed to make a statement about their choices, power and character.... people are also tools to them
 karma1160
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/4/2009 5:41:22 PM
Find some one who is interested in doing the same things you are. I think I know what you are doing but I am not sure it will work. You like all the cultural idosyncrasies of a person resembling a person that would be an intelligent executive but you need an intelligent guy who is in education, green work, possible forest service or an activist. Someone who can chat first about a concept and then go do it. Why limit yourself to someone who spends the majority of their time either getting ready for something big or planning it? YOU are a girl who likes to get things done. Not spend 5 days preparing for it, this type of person would drive you crazy. You may even work best with an entrepenaur.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2009 8:44:24 AM
What matchmakers want is to make money. Its in the nature of human beings that we want to couple up, at least for most of us, and its in the nature of human beings that we will do so based on a relatively modest array of choices. Matchmakers provide choices for pay. Given a sufficient number of encounters, one is likely to accept one of them. Its easy for the matchmaker to pick out more or less suitable matches, then continue presenting them until a mutual choice is arrived at.

In the course of things, the matchmaker route is probably no more effective than any other technique. Neither matchmakers not any other method can possible sift through the entire population of suitable matches, there are just too many of them out there. l they can, and do achieve, is to color a bit the nature of the selection pool based on their perception of what you want and who you actually are as a person. In the end, you will make a choice that is no better nor worse than the one you would make by another method, such as joining a church, taking up a sport, or volunteering for work in Africa. In a sense, the fastest way to get to a decision point is to put yourself in a situation where the choice is limited. People who live in small towns find mates more easily than people who live in big cities.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2009 1:01:35 PM
As I have said in previous threads, statistics show that most people find a mate that lives or lived within 2 miles of where they live. Nothing like walking around the neighbourhood to find one's true love....
 moraima
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2009 2:44:32 PM
I wouldn't put up with a high maintenance man. Why would a man want to put up with nonsense?
 LuvU4Now
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/6/2009 3:06:47 PM
I would suggest focusing on finding the right guy and accept him for who he is. If the matchmaking agency can't find a guy for you maybe consider switching. Best wishes.
 moraima
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2009 3:23:43 PM
People who accept others for who they are generally change their minds and divorce.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:02:05 AM
Ultimately I don't think that one's personal opinion on this subject matters at all. Men and women will seek out and connect with people who match their comfort level, whatever that may be. There are members of both sexes who want companions that display a certain style, be it "tarted up" or "relaxed", and they just don't pursue relationships with those who do not match their taste.

If you don't want to wear heels and do your hair, don't. You will end up with someone who likes you the way you are, and you will have accepted him/her because of the way they prefer to dress and otherwise live.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:05:27 AM

These men don't expect a woman to always be dressed to the nines, but they want one who looks great when she does,

Does anyone not prefer a companion that, to them, "looks great"? I think not. Its hard to imagine becoming enthralled with someone you thought of as having an appearance and presentation that repulsed you...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2009 8:28:08 AM
Well, if you are not attracted to someone, I think you must be repulsed, or perhaps just indifferent.. In any event, it is not going to happen.
 cfb62
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 1:45:19 PM
Men care about appearances.
Period.
Unless they're losers looking for a woman to financially support them.
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/16/2009 2:05:33 PM
I have to agree, Twisted Sister.....I am the Hygiene Nazi.....
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/24/2011 8:22:18 PM
an interesting enough thread that deserves to be revived....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >